Banned
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0071NH8B8/ref=tsm_1_tw_s_vg_lyfzzt

Includes:

PS Vita w/ Wifi + 3G
8GB Memory Card
Dataconnect session pass
1 Playstation Network game

Hello,

We'd like to provide an update for customers who have pre-ordered the "PlayStation Vita 3G/WiFi" handheld console. All customers who pre-order this item before its February 22, 2012 release date will be automatically upgraded to the "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" at no additional charge. The "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" will include an 8GB Memory Card, AT&T DataConnect Session Pass, and Free PlayStation Network Game. More details can be found in this item's product description section here: PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle

This upgrade will be extended to all existing "PlayStation Vita 3G/WiFi" pre-orders. Please note that due to limited quantities, we can't guarantee the availability of "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" after the pre-order window has ended.

We appreciate your business and hope you enjoy your new handheld console.

- Amazon Video Game Editors

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='admiralvic']3g apparently has GPS which wifi doesnt, though this isn't set in stone I believe. More so something people have seen referenced a lot only on the 3G and not the wifi. Additionally some games like Disgaea I believe have GPS functions so it MAY come into play.[/QUOTE]

The thing that I hate is that we still don't know if the 3G needs to be activated for GPS use.

[quote name='JG5253']The thing that I hate is that we still don't know if the 3G needs to be activated for GPS use.[/QUOTE]

I would think it would have to be.

[quote name='Paladinion']I would think it would have to be.[/QUOTE]

99% sure I read that it works without the 3g but it takes longer to get a signal, atleast this is the case in japan for sure.

Does anyone know how early 'release day delivery' on Amazon typically ships out? I've ordered a Wi-Fi model, and I'm getting paid on Wed.... that'd be a week early, and I doubt they'll ship that soon, but does anyone know just how close they cut it?

I'm kinda assuming it's a 2 day delivery thing, so I guess that means they'd ship next week.

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='TheGuardianWolf']Does anyone know how early 'release day delivery' on Amazon typically ships out? I've ordered a Wi-Fi model, and I'm getting paid on Wed.... that'd be a week early, and I doubt they'll ship that soon, but does anyone know just how close they cut it?

I'm kinda assuming it's a 2 day delivery thing, so I guess that means they'd ship next week.

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Last year, I got release date delivery on the Gears of War 3 xbox console and it shipped out the day before (Sept 19th I think) via 1-day air.

It depends partly on where you live and what shipping method they use I think. I live close to one of their wherehouses, so a lot of times they ship things the same day I get them.

So I'm confused... If I order the early edition 3G bundle from Amazon, do I get both a 4 and 8 gig memory card? I want to get the early version, but only getting a 4GB memory card (thats how I am reading it anyways) is stopping me.

[quote name='JG5253']The thing that I hate is that we still don't know if the 3G needs to be activated for GPS use.[/QUOTE]

I have never activated my Verizon iPad 2 but the GPS worked out of the box.

Remember, the 3G is always on, it isn't until you pay for it do they allow you to get data.
That way, you can set up the account without wifi.

At least that is how the iPad works.

Nearly positive the 3G version has a GPS chip on the system, which would mean the GPS functionality can be used w/o a 3G plan.

[quote name='Zimmy']I have never activated my Verizon iPad 2 but the GPS worked out of the box.

Remember, the 3G is always on, it isn't until you pay for it do they allow you to get data.
That way, you can set up the account without wifi.

At least that is how the iPad works.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that how the Kindles work too? There is some 3G there, but it's essentially 'locked' out from transmitting data to get websites etc.

My iPad 2 does the same thing and I don't pay for a 3G Service (but could).

Ooooo yeah cannot wait. 2 days. Just paid my first edition bundle off and they had uncharted in store already so they gave it to me. Just sucks no system yet to play it on

[quote name='GizmoGC']Isn't that how the Kindles work too? There is some 3G there, but it's essentially 'locked' out from transmitting data to get websites etc.

My iPad 2 does the same thing and I don't pay for a 3G Service (but could).[/QUOTE]

Don't think so, my Wifi only kindle would said connect wireleslly to get offer

I have been playing Little Deviants since yesterday. It's a great game to come with the first edition bundle but I don't think I could recommend someone to go out and buy it if they have the 3g model launch model or wifi. It's fun but i think there will be better money spent elsewhere.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']Lots of good stuff by way of PSN though. Just read that Escape Plan will run $14.99 and take up just under a gig of space.[/QUOTE]

Do we know if Escape Plan is going to be one of the free games for signing up for the month of 3g?

According to Jeff from the Playstation Blog, the free game will be a specific game, indicating that you won't have the freedom to choose.

He said the identity of the free game will be revealed very soon.

Fuuuu I have been SO tempted to switch to the FEB bundle but good thing my 32GB card hasnt arrived from Lockerz yet :)

Now the tough choice: Keep my Amazon WiFi preorder or cancel can get the 3G model off Lockerz for $246. Better choice IS lockerz but I would probably have to wait another week or so. I dont know if I can do that now that I have Uncharted and Wipeout staring at me ._.

[quote name='HELLRAZR_28']According to Jeff from the Playstation Blog, the free game will be a specific game, indicating that you won't have the freedom to choose.

He said the identity of the free game will be revealed very soon.[/QUOTE]

Is it potentially a game that we can download right now? I already downloaded Stardust Delta and plan on downloading Escape Plan as soon as it goes live.

[quote name='Thechaosdivision']Is it potentially a game that we can download right now? I already downloaded Stardust Delta and plan on downloading Escape Plan as soon as it goes live.[/QUOTE]

Why would you dl either of those if you picked up one of the bundles that comes with a free PSN title?

It could definitely, and probably will, be one of those

[quote name='HELLRAZR_28']According to Jeff from the Playstation Blog, the free game will be a specific game, indicating that you won't have the freedom to choose.

He said the identity of the free game will be revealed very soon.[/QUOTE]

Which means it's going to be whatever game I've already bought. It almost works out that way.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Why would you dl either of those if you picked up one of the bundles that comes with a free PSN title?

It could definitely, and probably will, be one of those[/QUOTE]
Because I have been waiting quite a long time to play both these games. I have already been playing Stardust Delta and Escape Plan was a game that had me sold since they debut it.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Haha, wow, I hope neither of you come here to whine that the free game is a game you already bought.[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to whine I just wish there was a little bit more info on this stuff. Why are you a dick?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Haha, wow, I hope neither of you come here to whine that the free game is a game you already bought.[/QUOTE]

If it turns out that a game one of them bought is the free game, they have good reason to be mad. Sony is being too secretive and shady about all the fine print, and as consumers they have a right to know what they are paying for/what is included in their purchase.

This is akin to Sony putting Super Stardust Delta on the PSN store last week and then waiting until today to announce the DLC bundle- another dickish move.

I am excited for the Vita and will be getting one, but I really disagree with many of Sony's recent marketing decisions.

[quote name='HELLRAZR_28']If it turns out that a game one of them bought is the free game, they have good reason to be mad. Sony is being too secretive and shady about all the fine print, and as consumers they have a right to know what they are paying for/what is included in their purchase.

This is akin to Sony putting Super Stardust Delta on the PSN store last week and then waiting until today to announce the DLC bundle- another dickish move.

I am excited for the Vita and will be getting one, but I really disagree with many of Sony's recent marketing decisions.[/QUOTE]

Oh please! Whatever game it is, it really doesn't matter because most people shouldn't have a Vita. This is like complaining that Nintendo didn't announce all 20 games from the very start... sometimes they need to get this stuff in order or want to wait till the system actually releases.

Yeah god forbid Sony put things up ahead of time, though lets be fair you have to search for it. So yeah dickish move putting an item on PSN you can only find if you search for it.

I however agree with the marketing choices recently.

Foursquare, Facebook, Skype, and Twitter apps confirmed for Day one.

Head on over to the Playstation Blog to see a livestream where Vita questions will be answered.

It has been confirmed: Super Stardust Delta is the free game, and it comes with the DLC.

Also, it is confirmed that you must pay for a month of 3G before getting a month free- weak.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HELLRAZR_28']Foursquare, Facebook, Skype, and Twitter apps confirmed for Day one.

Head on over to the Playstation Blog to see a livestream where Vita questions will be answered.

It has been confirmed: Super Stardust Delta is the free game, and it comes with the DLC.

Also, it is confirmed that you must pay for a month of 3G before getting a month free- weak.[/QUOTE]

Did they say if you had to wait a month to get Stardust? Or do you get it once you've paid for one month in advance.

[quote name='slappynutz']Did they say if you had to wait a month to get Stardust? Or do you get it once you've paid for one month in advance.[/QUOTE]

They didn't say specifically, but I would assume you have to wait thirty days after activation as per the fine print.

[quote name='HELLRAZR_28']Foursquare, Facebook, Skype, and Twitter apps confirmed for Day one.

Also, it is confirmed that you must pay for a month of 3G before getting a month free- weak.[/QUOTE]

Also don't you have to pay for that first month of 3G before you can be eligible for the "free game"? Kind of defeats the purpose . . . pay $15 for the first month, get the second month free, and get Stardust for free (which would have cost $15), thus you really just paid for Stardust to begin with. I don't like how they marketed the "free" game, but whatever.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Also don't you have to pay for that first month of 3G before you can be eligible for the "free game"? Kind of defeats the purpose . . . pay $15 for the first month, get the second month free, and get Stardust for free (which would have cost $15), thus you really just paid for Stardust to begin with. I don't like how they marketed the "free" game, but whatever.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. The shady marketing is crap.

[quote name='HELLRAZR_28']They didn't say specifically, but I would assume you have to wait thirty days after activation as per the fine print.[/QUOTE]

I read that, somewhere, but looking on the Playstation Blog describing the free game and 3g bundle, it says:

"...we will now be including an AT&T DataConnect Pass good for one free 250MB data session (a $14.99 value) upon purchase of one 250 MB data session, and a PlayStation Network game – both provided upon 3G activation on the AT&T mobile broadband network."

And I can't find the wait-one-month reference anymore.

The free game that comes with the limited 3G / wifi bundle (it'll only be available a week after launch) is Super Stardust Delta and that's after you activate a $15 - $25 3G plan for another month.

[quote name='Bioterror']I don't have a credit card, so does that mean I won't be able to activate my 3G data plan?[/QUOTE]

you can usually buy a visa debit card or something along those lines.

As far as I understand it, you have to first purchase a single month of ATT 3G service (at either price level). When you do, you get a voucher for a second month of 3G service free, and Super Stardust.

There was something about waiting a month before getting the game, but I can't find that reference anymore. All I see from Playstation is getting the extra month voucher and free game upon activation on 3G ... which I assume happens instantly?

Wait did the FEB bundle not have RDD at one time?!?!?!?!?! I just checked and now even with 1 day shipping I'm having to wait until Feb 17, when I ordered it I specifically remember it having RDD :mad:

Welp, looks like Lumines doesn't have a platinum trophy, heard on Giantbomb that it has limited trophies akin to a PSN downloadable game. lol, wonder why they said there was a platinum on PS Blog....whoops.

[quote name='admiralvic']you can usually buy a visa debit card or something along those lines.[/QUOTE]

Thanks are there fees for those cards?

My mom doesn't won't to have her CC on there and I forget to stop auto renewal and get charged.

bread's done
Back