PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a question about ammount of games sold & or released.. We all know Limited Run Games tells us how many are ever going to be sold etc..
But does anyone know how many English versions of Oreshika or One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 were sold or how many Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth's etc.. Would be interesting to see what sells more copies and stuff like that.. Also was thinking of getting U.K. copy Legends of War Patton but that seems to have dried up as of lately

Are any of the Kickstarter Vita projects with physical editions exclusive to backers?

Edit: speaking of ones that have already met their goal.

Just to be sure, that's confirmed physical exclusive and there is no longer a way to get that one, right?
It's probably one of the rare kickstarters of which there is no question if the physical copy is secured.

Everyone else is playing catch up to them, and trying to emulate that success by trying to pretend to be giving as much effort as that team did in making the physical possible, but most of the projects now are mostly just over-promising, and way, way, way under-delivering.

If you missed out, you can get into the backerkit if you email them.

Yeah. Like Sekai Project. They like to give me disappointment

Actually Sekai Project offered Vita versions before Muv Luv. But its been 2 years since they first offered it with WEE and we havent got shit

If you missed out, you can get into the backerkit if you email them.

Yeah. Like Sekai Project. They like to give me disappointment

Actually Sekai Project offered Vita versions before Muv Luv. But its been 2 years since they first offered it with WEE and we havent got shit
You can get in on the Physical release if you email them? The email on Kickstarter?

Ugh I keep seeing two copies of Corpse Party at my local Best Buy for 31.99 on clearence continueing to taunt me....but ive never seen the anime or played the previous games and ive heard that you will be completely lost in Corpse Party Everafter Edition with no prior knowledge. :(

Ugh I keep seeing two copies of Corpse Party at my local Best Buy for 31.99 on clearence continueing to taunt me....but ive never seen the anime or played the previous games and ive heard that you will be completely lost in Corpse Party Everafter Edition with no prior knowledge. :(
Buy it and then play the previous games first? The only issue is waiting for the other 2 to go on sale, unless you wanna pay full price.

Don't bother getting it unless you plan on playing the first two.

You can always read up on the first two, but it's not as good as actually playing the game

I wish my target did that. They just take it once they realize it isn't coded. Then it ends up back on the shelf a week later and still isn't coded. It has happened a few times. I always wonder if you could just walk out with it since it doesn't exist in their system...
lol I wonder that too. Too bad Wolf Among Us was in an anti theft box when I went to go buy it

Got my copy of Digimon Cyber Sleuth from Play Asia and the package came with a coupon for 5 dollars off, an advertisement for Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 that features a woman holding her breast that says "Beach Body Ready?" and a Play Asia temporary tattoo.

I can now have Play Asia on my body... temporarily.

That's a clearance price? $29.80 on Amazon.

Yeah I get that. I'm just surprised that taking $8 off a $40 game constitutes a clearance.
Well like the one poster said, its less then 26 bucks with GCU and I cannot fathom why anyone in the CAG or hell even SD communities would not have GCU at this point with all the deals BestBuy has done for it over the past year or so

The only thing that would make it suck is if there is no physical release.

Seeing how it currently only says "Playstation Network", it's largely a pass still for me until they actually make the effort to try and get a physical version out, and not a half assed one like Sekai does constantly.
I'm actually exactly the opposite. I'm hoping to all hell that this does not get a physical. Going for a complete collection and I'm not a fan of novels at all so dropping high prices on them is not fun

I actually almost quit my goal because of muvluv but decided to drop the money with an hour left

Lol. Trust me. The pain is real. Muvluv might have been the most painful but making big mistakes like day 1 buying both one piece and disney infinity from GameStop and buying dj Max before it dropped to like $40 are near the top
At the very least Technika Tune has held its value still, unlike the other two, so no regrets on that one! ;D

Knowing there's so many collectors out there makes me want to self publish the most crappy VN I can come up with and mark up a LRG release of the game to like $100 a copy.

Even if you were serious, the cost of doing all that hassle is not worth the money. LRG doing it solely for collectors. They aren't cool with scumbag scalpers but they can't exactly prevent them

To be fair, LRG actually make the games affordable when they release them though.

Just the resell market that ruins it for everyone who doesn't get in on it initially. :*(

That 3 minute release is far too long of a time to order. Oddworld should only be available for a second.

But yeah the fact that people have them for $100 on eBay 5 minutes after ordering is garbage

Pretty sure they're doing a larger print run for Oddworld and limiting it to 1 per person from now on.

And you have two attempts to get it.

Pretty sure they're doing a larger print run for Oddworld and limiting it to 1 per person from now on.

And you have two attempts to get it.
To be fair to LRG, they have done about as much as you can do to allow people to order it, while also keeping it limited.

To be fair to LRG, they have done about as much as you can do to allow people to order it, while also keeping it limited.
Well, except actually producing enough to satisfy the people wanting to order the games thus creating an artificially inflated market for resellers.

Well, except actually producing enough to satisfy the people wanting to order the games thus creating an artificially inflated market for resellers.
They have stated their intentions clearly that they intend to produce limited numbers. You can't have something be truly limited and make sure everyone who ever wants a copy can order it whenever they want. That's what makes it limited. That said, they have released 2 games and obviously, they didn't expect it to sell out this fast based on what they've said. Since they put up their own money to produce them, I don't blame them for erring on the side of being conservative. They seem to be increasing production on future releases it appears.

Within the guidelines of producing limited amounts, they have done everything possible to ensure it's fair and allow everyone a chance to order a copy.

If you have a job that doesn't allow you to be online at those times, you shouldn't be punished though.

I have gotten both releases but both times I was at work. Even on the second release time I was. Jobless scalpers are the scum inflating the resale market

Also simple solution, take pre-orders. If you don't have the capital to produce pre-order numbers, you likely should not be running a company

That is why they gave you two chances to get it. 

LRG considered pre orders but they didn't want to do it. Forgot the reason why.

EDIT: "It would help but they decided they didn't want to worry about presales. They wanted to have the copies in hand before they sold them. ."

"You're absolutely right, most people would be willing to wait. But you're forgetting that a company [especially a small one] takes on a ton of overhead and risk doing preorders. It's not just 'more work', it's a lot more work, and a lot more risk. 

What if a print batch is bad? Or a thousand other things that might go wrong go wrong? Taking money in advance has inherent risk and creates potential issues that taking money for product in hand does not. Not to mention, just with workload you're increasing it considerably -- rather than ship and forget, you're now dealing with more problems -- people unhappy waiting, cancellations, etc."

I have both lrg releases. Some people can't get them though, even though they sell them twice. Both release times for SMRPG I was actually at work. I know that was the whole thing with breach and clear but even 6 is too early for some people to try and get it. Would need to make it like 9 or 10 to make sure people are out

I have both lrg releases. Some people can't get them though, even though they sell them twice. Both release times for SMRPG I was actually at work. I know that was the whole thing with breach and clear but even 6 is too early for some people to try and get it. Would need to make it like 9 or 10 to make sure people are out
They let you know when they are going up months in advance so you can make arrangements to be available, or have someone else place the order for you though. There are always going to be people miss out on Limited Items, but they've done as much as any company to try and make it as easy as possible while keeping it Limited.

They're selling globally, so it's going to be 6:00 for someone somewhere.

I sucked it up and set an alarm. It's not like it takes hours.

That 3 minute release is far too long of a time to order. Oddworld should only be available for a second.

But yeah the fact that people have them for $100 on eBay 5 minutes after ordering is garbage
Pretty sure the second time it opened up that day the game was available for hours after it opened, and was still available for those who have gotten off work, even for those on PST. :p

No arguments with you about the scum flippers on eBay though.

Pretty sure the second time it opened up that day the game was available for hours after it opened, and available still for those who have gotten off work, even for those on PST. :p

No arguments with you about the scum flippers on eBay though.
Limited Run Games is giving out prototype copies to some random orders. They said that if they see those on Ebay, they know who you are. :lol:

Limited Run Games is giving out prototype copies to some random orders. They said that if they see those on Ebay, they know who you are. :lol:
Damn, I want one of those copies now.

Hope they send me that one since it'll be even more rare.

Limited prototype of a limited release game. My god....

DWrI2JY.gif

update. They let me in. I ordered the $80 version.
Did they open the whole backerkit to you? Why no CE?! :D

Now you can wait like the rest of us.

It's a great deal. 3 Games for 80.
Yep. At least I won't miss it now and have to pay crazy reseller prices down the road.

edit: and yes, they opened the backer kit to me. The CE seems cool, but i can't drop the 150 on it. I'm just trying to get a complete vita library, so this is perfect for me.

bread's done
Back