PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure how knowledgeable you are regarding Asia, but be aware of eating in Taiwan. Research "gutter oil." It's a prevalent issue in Taiwan.

Safe trip to you
That is awful...THe article I saw was mainly in China.. should I be worried about the other food in Taiwan? Makes me not want to try out any food off the street .

Just be careful with the Japanese version. While the Asian version is in Japanese, from my understanding the English patch is ONLY for the Asian version. I'm unsure if it is coming to the Japan version.
In the past, it seems that this has been the case. As there was another game awhile ago that got an English patch, and it was for the Asian version only.

That is awful...THe article I saw was mainly in China.. should I be worried about the other food in Taiwan? Makes me not want to try out any food off the street .
It turns out that it's more prevalent in Taiwan. I think China has been more vigilant about the issue. If you want to eat street food, I'd stay away from fried, or stir fried food. Baked or steam foods should be better. When i walked around the markets, they smelled putrid. So I stayed away from the food. It wasn't until the end of my trip, I realized that odor is "stinky tofu" which is a Taiwanese delicacy. Not sure if you've ever tried this before, but it's fermented tofu. I don't have a tolerance for it. To me, it tastes like what I'd imagine a bandaid to taste like. If you feel adventurous go for it. Just be aware the bad smell is just the tofu.

Another note, Taiwan has an underground market by the train station that was known to be a haven for video games. Either I didn't find the right place, or my info was outdated. I found two videos game stores that were overpriced. I tried in vain to find DJ MAX TECHNIKA to no avail.

Mmmmm stinky tofu~ I wish I can get it here, but the closest one isn't nearly as "stinky" as when I was back around China. So the taste isn't as strong :(

Anyone received any shipping information for Saturday Morning RPG?
Yeah, I just got a pre-shipping info email from USPS shortly after midnight, so I'm guessing its for this. There's no tracking yet, but I did get the notice, so a label with my information has been created in their system.

Mmmmm stinky tofu~ I wish I can get it here, but the closest one isn't nearly as "stinky" as when I was back around China. So the taste isn't as strong :(

Not sure whereyoi live but "Frushing" NY has several Taiwanese restaurants that serve it

Yeah, I just got a pre-shipping info email from USPS shortly after midnight, so I'm guessing its for this. There's no tracking yet, but I did get the notice, so a label with my information has been created in their system.
Guess I'll wait it out until Monday and see what comes up in the meantime.

We're probably going to get Adventures of Mana Vita since SE wants that good pr.

Thank you for all of your comments on a PS Vita edition of Adventures of Mana.

We’ve been listening to your feedback and because of your passion for the game, we’re going to look into making a PS Vita version of Adventures of Mana for the west. We can’t guarantee we’ll be able to make this happen but we will see what we can do.

We’ll let you know if we have any news, so watch out for future updates and thank you for your support.

http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/adventures-mana-released-iosandroid

I think it may have been mentioned a while ago, but if your Best Buy has Lost Dimension in stock the in-store clearance price is $23.99 or $19.19 after GCU.  Picked one up this morning.

I went to Taiwan last year and a news report indicated that they raided an oil factory because they were making gutter oil. The sad thing is that people are being tricked about the oil they buy. So in Taiwan many people don't know if they're buying legit oil or not. I was looking forward to eating the street food but after learning all that, I decided to play it safe and eat in the well established restaurants. I could only hope that those places didn't skimp and buy cheap oil.
Mostly you are fine in major restaurants. Street food is where it's at, be it Taiwan or mainland China. There are many things to worry about when traveling to China/Taiwan (maybe more so when traveling to India, but never been there), but what fun is it to play everything safe in life, eh?

Just concentrate on arranging your party for maximum waifu-ness. That's how I've been playing JRPGs for years.
Good point..I am really liking the characters so far, I know most of them are character cliches, but I still fall for cliches whenever I watch anime or play JRPGs. Sadly I have to cover my screen every time a cut scene comes up because I play on the train during my hour long commute...

BTW Lillian who is a maid I believe at first....maid skills are deceiving they look weak but are freeeeeeeeeeeeee for the most part. So yeah just saying.
Lillian is the "Spieler", at my current level I don't even know what good she is for. She might be a buff/debuff support character, but those skills haven't showed up yet. The random attack skill is nice, but drains most of her limited mana.

Connette is the maid, which is totally useful, she heals for free so that Melvy can concentrate on magic attacks, and she heals the entire party after every combat encounter. I imagine she is perfect for grinding runs, but her limited attack abilities might not be suitable for big bosses, I'm guessing.

I think it may have been mentioned a while ago, but if your Best Buy has Lost Dimension in stock the in-store clearance price is $23.99 or $19.19 after GCU. Picked one up this morning.
I'm sure this is implied, but this is in-store only, correct? The website price still shows $31.99 before GCU.

I'm sure this is implied, but this is in-store only, correct? The website price still shows $31.99 before GCU.
Yes, it's in-store only. And not many locations will have it in-store as only the biggest and highest volume locations ever carried it in-store.

Yes, it's in-store only. And not many locations will have it in-store as only the biggest and highest volume locations ever carried it in-store.
Thanks for the update. Any idea of some of the other BBY recent clearance items are also lower in-store? I will have to check on those.... I'll see what my local store has and report back.

Thanks for the update. Any idea of some of the other BBY recent clearance items are also lower in-store? I will have to check on those.... I'll see what my local store has and report back.
Actually, I just posted some in the Best Buy clearance thread. This was the only Vita game I noticed that had a difference in pricing though.

Twitter says they haven't even gotten the vita copies at this time because they never got the cartridge stickers. Said they should have them by monday

It turns out that it's more prevalent in Taiwan. I think China has been more vigilant about the issue. If you want to eat street food, I'd stay away from fried, or stir fried food. Baked or steam foods should be better. When i walked around the markets, they smelled putrid. So I stayed away from the food. It wasn't until the end of my trip, I realized that odor is "stinky tofu" which is a Taiwanese delicacy. Not sure if you've ever tried this before, but it's fermented tofu. I don't have a tolerance for it. To me, it tastes like what I'd imagine a bandaid to taste like. If you feel adventurous go for it. Just be aware the bad smell is just the tofu.

Another note, Taiwan has an underground market by the train station that was known to be a haven for video games. Either I didn't find the right place, or my info was outdated. I found two videos game stores that were overpriced. I tried in vain to find DJ MAX TECHNIKA to no avail.
Okay, so nothing worth getting in Taiwan on the VITA. I will avoid the tofu. that sounds awful.

I would like to get some soup dumplings.

Now I will be in in Austrilia for 2 weeks... any good vita pick ups there?

Were you specifically trying to get an import ver of DJM TechTune?

if not, amazon has regular ones for $40 rn

Unless you're specifically avoiding paying that price, in which case idk.

Anyone received any shipping information for Saturday Morning RPG?
Got an email at 5:00pm central but just that it was created

Your order is on its way!

Dear kickrockz713,
Your order #xxxx is in the mail! The following items have been shipped:
1 * Limited Run #2: Saturday Morning RPG (PS4)
Your order is being shipped via USPS to the following address:
kickrockz713
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Houston,TX
United States
Your tracking number is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
You can track your shipment here:
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input?origTrackNum=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Please note it may take 24 hours for your tracking number to return the correct information regarding your shipment.
Thanks for your order!
Limited Run Games

Oh, if you're into the arcade scene, and possibly like car games(?)

Look into Maximum Tune and Initial D.

Great arcade games, and the aus community is huge for those games (as well as the asian community, but that's where the games come from to begin with, so eh).

looking for the underground video game market and never heard from again just like the hostle movie :)

Didn't know if anybody mentioned this yet but Amazon has a "Prime Exclusive Offer" for a new Vita. I decided to finally pick one up since I had a $55 credit.

The unit is $167.98 new

Amazon

Oh, if you're into the arcade scene, and possibly like car games(?)
Look into Maximum Tune and Initial D.
Great arcade games, and the aus community is huge for those games (as well as the asian community, but that's where the games come from to begin with, so eh).
There's an Initial D game for Vita?

Oh I see. I was hopping there was a vita game. I enjoyed the anime and would like to play a game based on it. The only ones I know of are in Japanese and I don't understand them[emoji14]

Oh I see. I was hopping there was a vita game. I enjoyed the anime and would like to play a game based on it. The only ones I know of are in Japanese and I don't understand them[emoji14]
Well, your state might have an iD machine. I'm sure you could find out if you googled. Most cabinets are in english in the states -- whether they're working or not is another story, though.

Damn UPS...  fuck

Ordered these 2-3 weeks ago, they said delivered.. they were not. Got Amazon and Bestbuy to replace them. UPS even called me to say they in fact delivered them "at my door" and that i was wrong.

Well guess what.. UPS just delivered them to the correct house. (Not the first time they have done this)

c3n0w.jpg

Damn UPS... fuck

Ordered these 2-3 weeks ago, they said delivered.. they were not. Got Amazon and Bestbuy to replace them. UPS even called me to say they in fact delivered them "at my door" and that i was wrong.

Well guess what.. UPS just delivered them to the correct house. (Not the first time they have done this)

c3n0w.jpg

USPS is worse
They both suck, and not in a good way.

I get more stuff on average through USPS, so the chances for more fuck happen through them, but a few years back when the Last Of Us was released, my UPS guy delivered several of the statue sets to the wrong house, which was 500-600 worth of merchandise. He even knew he delivered it wrong, and went back to the house where he took them, but of course they where gone.

USPS has made more mistake on average, but I know my postman personally, so as long as he's working, I'm in pretty good shape, but when he's off, all bets are off. LOL

They both suck, and not in a good way.

I get more stuff on average through USPS, so the chances for more fuck happen through them, but a few years back when the Last Of Us was released, my UPS guy delivered several of the statue sets to the wrong house, which was 500-600 worth of merchandise. He even knew he delivered it wrong, and went back to the house where he took them, but of course they where gone.

USPS has made more mistake on average, but I know my postman personally, so as long as he's working, I'm in pretty good shape, but when he's off, all bets are off. LOL
Exactly.

My *old* UPS driver was awesome.

the new guy has delivered to the wrong house 4 times in the 7 months i've lived here.

Never had a package misdelivered by USPS, normal mail yeah.. FedEx is completely useless/clueless.

Okay, so nothing worth getting in Taiwan on the VITA. I will avoid the tofu. that sounds awful.

I would like to get some soup dumplings.

Now I will be in in Austrilia for 2 weeks... any good vita pick ups there?
Last I heard Australia was a desolate waste land run by armed nomadic savages roaming the mostly barren landscape in search of Mel Gibson look-a-likes.

Received the last game from the latest GameSlop.com order in the mail today, and wouldn't you know, FIFA 13 came cart-only in a generic black case. Who even buys these FIFA games? No way EA keeps on cranking out a new edition year after year unless it is actually selling well for them... which I'm having a very difficult time imagining... or maybe all the complete copies are being deported to Mexico, hmm?

In other news... DO WANT!

01_grand_edition_vita.jpg

Okay.  I will avoid stinky tofu in Taiwan.. no vita games there... and pick up an initial D game in Austrialia... 

Thanks for the input dudes

oh!!!  okay cool.  I will check that out there then.. is there really no international vita games I can pick up for cheap in these countries... I"m a bit surprised.

Were you specifically trying to get an import ver of DJM TechTune?

if not, amazon has regular ones for $40 rn

Unless you're specifically avoiding paying that price, in which case idk.
I actually caved and bought it on PSN during the spend $100 get $15 back deal. I could've sworn the price on amazon was much at higher at that time.

I actually caved and bought it on PSN during the spend $100 get $15 back deal. I could've sworn the price on amazon was much at higher at that time.
Unless it spiked up suddenly, nope!

I got it for about this price last year from amazon.

So I got the PSN store working on my PSTV by removing and rebuilding the game database, but now I can't get all of my games to appear. I've tried several times doing the database thing and sometimes a few games reappear then may disappear. Oddly, seems to be PS1 classics having the most problem. They DO show up in content manager but no way to launch them.

Really don't want to reformat the card. Urggh.

Last I heard Australia was a desolate waste land run by armed nomadic savages roaming the mostly barren landscape in search of Mel Gibson look-a-likes.

Received the last game from the latest GameSlop.com order in the mail today, and wouldn't you know, FIFA 13 came cart-only in a generic black case. Who even buys these FIFA games? No way EA keeps on cranking out a new edition year after year unless it is actually selling well for them... which I'm having a very difficult time imagining... or maybe all the complete copies are being deported to Mexico, hmm?
If you think of the release in aggregate since they did not redo the game each year and only did roster updates they sold over 2 million physical copies.

Fifa (first one) 598,600 physical units

Fifa 13 454,755 physical units

Fifa 14 483,300 physical units

Fifa 15 718,537 physical units

Total 2.25 million Fifa games sold on Vita in Physical form. I would think adding the digital sales would double these numbers but it is hard to know for sure. EA did discontinue the series with FIFA 15 but it seems like they could have successfully released a new one and approached 1 million copies between physical and digital. Seems like a worthwhile investment of resources to me...

So I got the PSN store working on my PSTV by removing and rebuilding the game database, but now I can't get all of my games to appear. I've tried several times doing the database thing and sometimes a few games reappear then may disappear. Oddly, seems to be PS1 classics having the most problem. They DO show up in content manager but no way to launch them.

Really don't want to reformat the card. Urggh.
I have had this happen before. If you do not have a game and a memory card in the vita and it does not have to load both it will rebuild the database correctly. At least this has been my experience.

I have had this happen before. If you do not have a game and a memory card in the vita and it does not have to load both it will rebuild the database correctly. At least this has been my experience.
Ah, I'll give that a try. Never even thought about removing the game.

Just a thought also, I know that sometimes when retailers just print the labels for shipments.. It generates the tracking number and the alert.

They could just be printing the labels for the orders, doesn't mean they are packaged or ready to ship.

We see it all the time with many eBay scams. They print the label, it generates the tracking number and they send that to the buyer. And the buyer never gets the item.. The seller claims it's a shipper issue, either buying them time to actually ship the item.. Or they are hoping eBay sides with the seller.
Until the package gets that first scan by a Usps/ups/fedex scanner, the package has not been "shipped".

NO I'm not saying LRG is doing anything wrong or fishy. Just saying you can get the tracking number/alert before the package actually ships.
LRG would be smart to pre label all the shipments of the vita orders instead of wait. Use a dummy package for the correct weight.

They are overwhelmed, we will get the games.
Someone like bestbuy/Amazon/etc... I'd be mad. LRG, doesn't bother me if it takes them awhile.

Besides waiting for Saturday Morning Rpg Ps Vita... Just recieved an email that my "English" copy of Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth from Playasia
Just shipped out.. Can't wait to play this game..
Have'nt played a Digimon since Ps1 days

Besides waiting for Saturday Morning Rpg Ps Vita... Just recieved an email that my "English" copy of Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth from Playasia
Just shipped out.. Can't wait to play this game..
Have'nt played a Digimon since Ps1 days
Got my shipping email as well. Game should be here on Monday, can't wait to play it.

bread's done
Back