PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I think i'll hold off until another firmware patch is released then. I don't want to risk my :vita: becoming defective.
It doesn't render it defective.. It just drains the battery faster. Sounds like something with wifi/store together.

Update the Vita, stay off the store and turn off wifi when not needed and you shouldn't see much of an issue.

Mine is draining faster than normal.. but not nearly as bad as some.

Just checked my Vita, was at 80% yesterday, 80% today still.. (was at full 3 days ago) Granted I have not played anything

I have an OLED model and updated mine last week before word got out about the problems and I have had zero problems. I don't know if it's effecting both the OLED and newer LCD model Vitas, but everyone I have read with the issue has had it with a newer model Vita system.
Na. I have the original 3G OLED.

So how do I figure out how much that is in USD and how much shipping costs?!

And what's the difference between that, this, and this?
Xe.com

Total shipped will probably run about $30.50 for the cheapest shipping option (no tracking) or $34 with tracking. Plus any conversion fees (a couple bucks) from Paypal or your credit card, assuming you don't have one that will waive the fees.

Before they ship they'll send you an invoice with the exact totals.

1st cover art is 1st print version and the best version is 2nd print version which is very ugly cover art. ;)
It's a shame but a necessary sacrifice.

So how do I figure out how much that is in USD and how much shipping costs?!

And what's the difference between that, this, and this?
Right now, it'll be about 25.74. I generally cheap out and pick SAL Unregistered (380 yen) for orders less than $50. In total, it'll be about $30ish with shipping. Compared to Play-Asia's 38ish if you picked their cheapest option.

As for figuring out the shipping, it all comes down to the weight of the item. Vita games are lower than 0.3 kg, so you use that to compare the rates between each option. And here is the chart (at the bottom) http://www.amiami.com/top/page/t/faq2.html

Nothing different.

I have an OLED model and updated mine last week before word got out about the problems and I have had zero problems. I don't know if it's effecting both the OLED and newer LCD model Vitas, but everyone I have read with the issue has had it with a newer model Vita system.
I have an aqua blue slim and it doesn't have a battery problem. Of course, now that I've said that, it will probably have issues soon.

It's a shame but a necessary sacrifice.
Right now, it'll be about 25.74. I generally cheap out and pick SAL Unregistered (380 yen) for orders less than $50. In total, it'll be about $30ish with shipping. Compared to Play-Asia's 38ish if you picked their cheapest option.

As for figuring out the shipping, it all comes down to the weight of the item. Vita games are lower than 0.3 kg, so you use that to compare the rates between each option. And here is the chart (at the bottom) http://www.amiami.com/top/page/t/faq2.html

Nothing different.
OK, and is there any difference between the first and second print? And I assume the Ami and cheaper PA that are pre-orders are second print?

OK, and is there any difference between the first and second print? And I assume the Ami and cheaper PA that are pre-orders are second print?
Absolutely nothing different between the first and second print besides the boxart. Basically the The Greatest Hits equivalent without a different colored case. Anything that says The Best is a second print.

IA/VT The Best will look like this (obviously with the IA/VT Boxart)

bullet-girls-playstation-vita-the-best-423617.16.jpg

There is one thing everyone who has not ordered from AmiAmi needs to know, and it's that they only take payment in Yen, so depending on your payment method, the conversion rate/fees might be hefty, so make sure to figure that out prior to checking out to know what your bottom line will really be.

Damn it. Been sitting in the ER with my mother and couldn't deal with figuring it out on my phone. :whistle2:(

I was disappointed overall by it because of the mostly unlikable cast, annoying story, weird chibi-style graphics, and loading screens everywhere (even when you enter the menu with Triangle, and every time you choose something there). The music and sound design were pretty good, though.

And while you don't need to play the PSP games, you will need to read up on what happened in previous installments as Blood Drive assumes you played them.
minus the chibi style graphics that described cold steel to a T.

Wait on Cyber Sleuth.

Most likely not going to sell that well to NA since it's a hardcore niche series. It will drop relatively fast, much like HDN Mega
Its not releasing on vita in na physically only digitally. And doubtful it will drop in price playasia an such wise with the demand being decently high as it is import wise.

Its not releasing on vita in na physically only digitally. And doubtful it will drop in price playasia an such wise with the demand being decently high as it is import wise.
Hopefully it'll be like Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment and drop in price in a year or so. Unless it happens to be like Oreshika and Play-Asia just stops stocking it.

Hopefully it'll be like Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment and drop in price in a year or so. Unless it happens to be like Oreshika and Play-Asia just stops stocking it.
I'm betting on the latter though the former could happen since bamco is the one who did both sao and this.

I'm tempted to get Unlimited World Red and DBZ:Battle of Z but I just saw that they share the same trophies as the PS3 version. That puts me off from buying them but, they are only $5. I'll probably pick them up before the sale ends.

I WANT BULLET GIRLS!

Of note in this weeks PSN for the vita crowd are:

Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & The Monster Seal - Vita - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 2/16

J-Stars Victory VS+ - Vita - $9.99 - 75% Off

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 - Vita - $19.99 - 50% Off

One Piece Unlimited World Red - Vita - $4.99 - 75% Off

Tales of Hearts R - PS3 - $11.99 - 60% Off

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment - Vita - $7.99 - 60% Off

Sword Art Online: Lost Song - Vita - $19.99 - 50% Off

Touch My Katamari - Vita - $3.74 - 75% Off

(Shamelessly lifted from Frisky's post)

Was going to back Double Root, but I found an article that mentioned the publisher has yet to ever deliver on previous Kickstarter Vita ports. 

Was going to back Double Root, but I found an article that mentioned the publisher has yet to ever deliver on previous Kickstarter Vita ports.
To be fair, the shortcomings are typically with getting a physical Vita version, so if you're only interested in the digital, you're still good.

Otherwise, I HATE THEM TOO.

In general, I'm saying Sekai has yet to release one of their promised Vita titles. But like you, I'm not interested unless they bother to offer a physical Vita edition.

There is one thing everyone who has not ordered from AmiAmi needs to know, and it's that they only take payment in Yen, so depending on your payment method, the conversion rate/fees might be hefty, so make sure to figure that out prior to checking out to know what your bottom line will really be.
I wonder if using a Capital One card would help. Their big thing is not charging additional fees for currency exchange (which is awesome if you travel internationally).

Got the digital Sao hollow from the sale. Hated paying $3 more for an older version than the one for ps4, but I really wanted to play it for cheap and I hope they send an update for the translations in the near future since they seems to acknowledge they still have it up in the store. If not it doesn't bother me that much since I already saw the anime so I should be able to figure out some of the bad translations.

Was considering jstars but will wait for it to drop more in the near future since I already have it on PS3.

Got the digital Sao hollow from the sale. Hated paying $3 more for an older version than the one for ps4, but I really wanted to play it for cheap and I hope they send an update for the translations in the near future since they seems to acknowledge they still have it up in the store. If not it doesn't bother me that much since I already saw the anime so I should be able to figure out some of the bad translations.

Was considering jstars but will wait for it to drop more in the near future since I already have it on PS3.
They're not going to patch it. They would have done it by now. The translation isn't so bad that you can't understand what they're saying. It's just very shoddy work from a big company like bamco. It just shows how little they cared about the release.

Imo Jstars on the vita feels a little cramped with the hud taking up a lot of space. And for a game where the enemy could be standing pretty far away, it's hard to see whats happening sometimes. Also no local splitscreen obviously. Actually jstars also had some questionable translations. Especially noticeable with some of Gintoki's intro lines.

I wonder if using a Capital One card would help. Their big thing is not charging additional fees for currency exchange (which is awesome if you travel internationally).
Yeah, I typically use my Capital One card for all of my imports and don't think I've ever been charged a fee.
I can confirm that Capital One does not charge a foreign transaction fee, American Express does.

If you're checking out with Paypal just be sure to set it to use your credit card's currency exchange and not Paypal's own, otherwise you won't get the benefit of your card's lack of fees.

bread's done
Back