PSN Network Error

80 gig fat here, Heavy Rain froze and now i can't sign in.

Pretty ridiculous that I can't launch heavy rain or Demon's souls, even with my network connection disabled.

I can't get on either now. 60 gb unit. I was on it earlier, about an hour or two and downloaded and played SSF2HD remix for a bit. Hmmm.

I have a 40fb phat... well its not 40gb anymore but yeah.

I thought my router went to crap.. Funny thing is it is downloading Trine fine, cant log on to play MAG... which is really pissing me off.

If what I read is right and I cant play heavy Rain now too I will be pissed.

Did sony piss of China?

Alright just tried logging on to my PS3 Slim. At first it said some error and i got SO SCARED. Then i remembered i changed my password, so i re-logged in and it worked like a charm. PHEW

yea i cant sign in either now...60gig original model.

i thought maybe it was some sort of problem with sonic & sega all stars racing...i kept getting kicked out of the lobby and junk. hope this gets fixed soon

[quote name='darknight88']Yea, dont try to launch your PSN gamer or other games right now since you could lose all trophies. They apper to be disappearing and once the network goes back up, we dont know if they will remain that way or come back. PS3 owners beware.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit. This is crazy.

I can't believe playing games offline doesn't work either. That is really not a good sign. What a awful design choice. I wonder if that'll happen when they eventually shut down PS3 PSN?

Yeah, I got the same message while trying to play Heavy Rain. If I lose my trophies, that's fine as they aren't worth anything. I had better not lose my older PSN stuff, though my newer games like Braid and Trine are on another account.

Good luck trying to log onto the Official Sony boards. Obviously a nasty shitstorm must be going on there and I can't even log in.

[quote name='NovaKane']Skynet.[/QUOTE]

Nah, this is Sony's motivation to get those of us that don't own their newest slim model to "upgrade."

Whoever thought it was a good idea to make PSN access critical to being able to play any games at all needs to be fired. Immediately.

[quote name='Blackout']Holy shit. This is crazy.

I can't believe playing games offline doesn't work either. That is really not a good sign. What a awful design choice. I wonder if that'll happen when they eventually shut down PS3 PSN?[/QUOTE]

That is a good question... what a way to make people move on to the next backward compatible system.....

[quote name='lustyhitter']Good luck trying to log onto the Official Sony boards. Obviously a nasty shitstorm must be going on there and I can't even log in.[/QUOTE]
Too much people accessing it at one time.

[quote name='Snake2715']That is a good question... what a way to make people move on to the next backward compatible system.....[/QUOTE]

Definitely. That's something that we all need to find out immediately.

except downloads work, so weird. The system can get online..

They need to address the playing offline games. I hope this is not a long lasting outage... I usually play for 3-4 hours on Sunday. What a bitch.

[quote name='captainfrizo']

Whoever thought it was a good idea to make PSN access critical to being able to play any games at all needs to be fired. Immediately.[/QUOTE]

Heh, he was already hired by Ubisoft. ;)

[quote name='Snake2715']except downloads work, so weird. The system can get online..

They need to address the playing offline games. I hope this is not a long lasting outage... I usually play for 3-4 hours on Sunday. What a bitch.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's bullshit like this that makes me wish I didn't sell my Wii.

[quote name='jgiovanni']They are saying that it might be a backwaord compatability model issue[/QUOTE]

I have an 80GB Non-BC model that won't sign in, so doesn't seem so.

Yeah, I just tried to play GH:VH for a few minutes and it froze, plus all the sign in problems. I'm using a 60gb PS3 with 3.01 and weird things have happened before when they updated past that. I couldn't get into the site to see if PSN was down or what. Glad to know it's not my hardware though, that kind of crap makes me nervous. Lol.

And like I saw in the article it was strange to see the date changed to 1999. Must be the auto-sync, whatever happened on Sony's end.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']I have an 80GB Non-BC model that won't sign in, so doesn't seem so.[/QUOTE]

I edited the post, many think its the leap year issue with fat models

Some ps3 games have DRM of sorts that require you to be online to play... similar to the controversial Ubisoft DRM that's just being forced onto gamers. Its been like that for ages.

Fortunately, I seem to be having no real problems (120gb slim).

Apparently some people over at the gamespot forums think that reformatting their ps3's is a way to solve the problem.

Hilary Goldstein from IGN recently reported on his FB that he lost all of his trophy's :/ Thank god he's not apart of the trophy whore war on IGN.

Error. Trophies corrupted. fuck you, PS3!

I better not have to start Heavy Rain over again to get my trophies or I will be pissed. I played it for 5 hours straight yesterday.

Hmm... just checked my trophies. I'm missing all my borderlands trophies. I really hope I don't have to replay the game.

[quote name='whoknows']This is what happens with free services. If we were paying $50/year this would never happen.[/QUOTE]

XBL has gone down plenty of times. I'm sure people don't need to be reminded of Christmas 2007...

[quote name='whoknows']This is what happens with free services. If we were paying $50/year this would never happen.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how that has anything to do with anything.

Thats where they are headed anyway. But lets not start any rumors..

I am most concerned with the fact I cant play offline games right now. That better change.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']Not going anywhere near my slim... as far as I'm concerned, it's a rabid animal at the moment.[/QUOTE]PS3 slim consoles are ok. The Fat PS3 consoles is another story.

[quote name='RchrdJ']Hilary Goldstein from IGN recently reported on his FB that he lost all of his trophy's :/ Thank god he's not apart of the trophy whore war on IGN.[/QUOTE]It happened to a bunch of others. I doubt trophies are lost because online when there were trophy synching issues, they were still back up on Sony's server and restored. Trophies earned now and before network issues MIGHT not be saved.

And people better not be praising XBL for never having problems, because I still remember well what happened around the end of 2007 (where people had issues recovering gamertag losing stuff, or people not being to play stuff online).

Rofl, what a dunce. Of course it would but you'd be out $50. Like a yearly fee would prevent random outages and updates.

Damn its kinda late to go out and get a slim. Guess Ill just have to wait like everyone else.

Some comments on Joystiq have said that people who have never connected their PS3 to the internet are having problems too. How is this possible? Some fatal bug in the FW or the system itself?

Lol the best part is it that my cousin who was on all-day is having no troubles with PSN. I just told him to not sign-out. And he has a phat btw.

You're not serious are you? Why do people jump to extreme conclusions? We don't need to reformat, we don't need new PS3's. The network has a problem and they'll fix it.

oh ya because XBL never ever goes down... ya :rofl:

bread's done
Back