PSN Network Error

[quote name='DPsx7']Rofl, what a dunce. Of course it would but you'd be out $50. Like a yearly fee would prevent random outages and updates.[/QUOTE]He was joking. ;)

[quote name='whoknows']This is what happens with free services. If we were paying $50/year this would never happen.[/QUOTE]

and when you pay $300 for a console, you wouldnt have a 50% failure rate... OH WAIT. NEVERMIND.

The time is messed up and I corrected it. I "fixed" it at 4:05pm today and I go back on my PS3 and it still says 4:05pm. I remember having problems once trying to get online when my date wasn't correct and had to manually correct it to allow myself to go back online. I just needed to somewhat rant a bit of theory and speculation which won't help anyone.

I guess Heavy Rain will have to wait till tomorrow since there's most likely no one working today at Sony?

[quote name='Danil ACE']Well I have a slim, so it looks like I'm unaffected. Not like that matters since I haven't turned on the PS3 in 2 months.[/QUOTE]

Why?????

[quote name='DPsx7']Rofl, what a dunce. Of course it would but you'd be out $50. Like a yearly fee would prevent random outages and updates.[/QUOTE]

I think it would...

Yeah, pretty sure it would.

[quote name='Blackout']Some comments on Joystiq have said that people who have never connected their PS3 to the internet are having problems too. How is this possible? Some fatal bug in the FW or the system itself?[/QUOTE]

If thats true thats weird.

[quote name='whoknows']I think it would...

Yeah, pretty sure it would.[/QUOTE]

So, if I were to walk outside and knock down your power line. Your $50 a month would prevent that from happening?

[quote name='Anhmeister']So, if I were to walk outside and knock down your power line. Your $50 a month would prevent that from happening?[/QUOTE]

Now why would you do that?

[quote name='yohsh']Why?????[/QUOTE]

I haven't played a game on my ps3 in over a year because I play 360 for games. This sort of problem has not and never will happen on live; 3 stones a month is worth stability and usability.

I just hope this doesn't affect bluray playback, as that's all I need.

[quote name='snakelda']I also have a 60GB PS3 and my MW2 and Flow trophies are gone.....I wasn't having issues earlier!!![/QUOTE]
Your trophies are still in-tact, because I checked my buddy list on PlayStation.com (finally working, unlike before).

[quote name='Blackout']Some comments on Joystiq have said that people who have never connected their PS3 to the internet are having problems too. How is this possible? Some fatal bug in the FW or the system itself?[/QUOTE]

it is not possible

[quote name='whoknows']It may be fun for you, but it's hurtful to me :cry:[/QUOTE]

But you said your money would prevent anything happening! Therefore, it can't be hurtful to you!

It appears it not a network issue as PS3Slim can connect and play online. Only phats have this issue due to some FW OS calender bug. It appears once it got to a leap year(shows 3/1), it messed up the console. So we might need to wait for a FW update to fix this if it really isnt a network side issue.

Check the top thread in this forum.

PSN network error.

Its a widespread issue, nothing wrong with your PS3, except that it only appears to be happening to the Phat systems.

[quote name='Anhmeister']But you said your money would prevent anything happening! Therefore, it can't be hurtful to you![/QUOTE]

Just the thought that there's someone out there that wants to kick down my power line. I'd be fine, thanks to my $50/year, but still, it's the thought of it.

[quote name='thrustbucket']I haven't played a game on my ps3 in over a year because I play 360 for games. This sort of problem has not and never will happen on live; 3 stones a month is worth stability and usability.

I just hope this doesn't affect bluray playback, as that's all I need.[/QUOTE]

XBL never goes down, and has never gone down? Would you like to make a cash money bet on this one?

[quote name='whoknows']Just the thought that there's someone out there that wants to kick down my power line. I'd be fine, thanks to my $50/year, but still, it's the thought of it.[/QUOTE]

Just forget I told you then.

[quote name='darknight88']It appears it not a network issue as PS3Slim can connect and play online. Only phats have this issue due to some FW OS calender bug. It appears once it got to a leap year(shows 3/1), it messed up the console. So we might need to wait for a FW update to fix this if it really isnt a network side issue.[/QUOTE]

2010 is not a leap year.

Same old boring problem. We were playing Resident Evil 5, working on our last few trophies(Professional and Upgrade all Weapons), and it kept saying An error occurred after each chapter. We turned it off and watched a movie. Came back to play some more, and it gave us the 8001050F error, and said Failed to install trophies.

Now ALL of our RE5 trophies are gone :O PLUS we can't get on PSN. Now I almost refuse to get a Slim if this is some wackjob conspiracy theory against us Phat owners(80GB BC).

Oh, and no, we weren't playing online.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Your trophies are still in-tact, because I checked my buddy list on PlayStation.com (finally working, unlike before).[/QUOTE]Don't the trophies get backed up on their servers?I'm pretty sure all we have to do is wait and everyting will be back to normal when they fix the issue.

for not having to pay for ps3 online, im fine with these rare chances of it going down, as opposed to the almighty live some of you claim.

[quote name='Magus8472']2010 is not a leap year.[/QUOTE]

Thank God someone makes sense...

If you cant log on, then how will we all get the update?

This is going to be really fun I bet.

Download to a self installing usb drive?

[quote name='Snake2715']Thank God someone makes sense...

If you cant log on, then how will we all get the update?

This is going to be really fun I bet.

Download to a self installing usb drive?[/QUOTE]

Probably, you do know that you can update the PS3 via a USB drive right?

^ You're just jealous because it's PS3 exclusive, apossum.

pssh. you all keep trying. i ain't turning my console on until the coast is clear.

[quote name='mykevermin']^ You're just jealous because it's PS3 exclusive, apossum.

pssh. you all keep trying. i ain't turning my console on until the coast is clear.[/QUOTE]

Your trophy list disappeared!

[quote name='mykevermin']pssh. you all keep trying. i ain't turning my console on until the coast is clear.[/QUOTE]

Same here. In fact, I'm not leaving my house until this clears. Who knows what kind of shit could be falling from the sky.

Was playing Sonic All Stars Racing, and none of the trophies I got had even popped up... no errors or anything. I didn't even notice what was going on until I checked this thread.

Am I going to need to delete my save and re-do everything I've done? Or will the trophies just appear?

Contemplating burning some credit and just trading in the 60 gb for a slim.. I don't even use the BC anyways.

[quote name='mykevermin']^ You're just jealous because it's PS3 exclusive, apossum.

pssh. you all keep trying. i ain't turning my console on until the coast is clear.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of temporarily owning the PS3 for this one, but it's probably just another overhyped title.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']I'm just waiting for it to get up and stab me in the face. Going to just keep an eye on it... it's just staring at me with shifty eyes.[/QUOTE]

:applause:
sleep with one eye open...

[quote name='ninja dog']I was thinking of temporarily owning the PS3 for this one, but it's probably just another overhyped title.[/QUOTE]

Son, shit just fell a billion miles into the uncanny valley. Yeah, yeah, there's a lot of QTEs, but it's about the story.

[quote name='animalspinners']Was playing Sonic All Stars Racing, and none of the trophies I got had even popped up... no errors or anything. I didn't even notice what was going on until I checked this thread.

Am I going to need to delete my save and re-do everything I've done? Or will the trophies just appear?

Contemplating burning some credit and just trading in the 60 gb for a slim.. I don't even use the BC anyways.[/QUOTE]

You should be fine.

turned mine on without the ethernet cable hooked up, my Afrika Dynamic theme was corrupted (it was free from the jpn store anyway) and it couldn't sign in. Date was 12/31/99 as well.

bread's done
Back