PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bumslie']If you like Castlevania style games I would suggest BloodRayne for that price. I will be getting Rocketbirds, Eufloria, Cubix HD. Now I need to get a PSN card. Glad I'm not going to be spending much. Just sucks I had most of the titles that would interest me.[/QUOTE]

You got Dungeon Defenders? I didn't know it had a platinum but it's a long one.

Meh. Only game on there I'd consider is the one I already own(MK Kollection), though I do kinda wish they'd put out a patch to unlock everything in Ultimate MK 3 cuz I always sucked at inputting those Ultimate Kombat Kodes in both the home and arcade versions.

Funny thing is, I also still have the standalone MK II that Midway released before they went under and that's the game I play the most out of all of the MK titles in the Kollection.

I also noticed that since Midway went under the word Midway that comes up in the background of the icon to start the old MK II DL version disappears into the red background anymore.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I was going to say "I hope not Echochrome 2, cuz it's Move exclusive", but I forgot that I got a Move today haha.

I think Sideway and Pixeljunk Sidescroller are for sure, probably Festival of Blood, and then I'd love to see Spelunky HD and Slambolt Scrappers.

And I know this is off-topic, but anyone recommend any good Move games? Mine came with Sports Champions, and I have Dead Space Extraction and No More Heroes.[/QUOTE]
In the PS Store or just in general? For PSN, there's Tumble (the definitive game to show off the precision of Move), echochrome ii, Funky Lab Rat (neat little puzzle platformer), Stardrone, Flight Control HD (not available in the US store for whatever reason), Beat Sketcher (neat art game with a Elite Beat Agents-style main mode), Under Siege (Myth-like RTS that's had a big update to fix some things and add new content), Swords & Soldiers (2D strategy game), and Max and the Magic Marker (puzzle platformer where you draw objects to help you get through levels).

As for retail games, Resistance 3 makes great use of Move and does a better job at it than Killzone 3 did. Infamous 2 and Festival of Blood are supposed to work great with Move. LittleBigPlanet 2 works great with Move and Heavy Rain is also pretty good, though I preferred the extra precision in the DS3 controllers. If MLB 11's homerun derby was a good indication, MLB 12 should be great with Move when that's out if baseball is your thing.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I didn't see a demo for sideway on the store, maybe cuz I already own the game?[/QUOTE]
I checked earlier, no demo showing up for me either, and I don't have the game yet. I'm going to buy it anyways, $5 to support an indie dev.

Decided not to buy PayDay, sorta burnt out on shooters.

Wow great deals! Definitely in for rochard, dungeon defenders, and bloodrayne.

On an unrelated note, is anyone else psyched for the starhawk beta tomorrow?

I got bloodrayne on sale for 360. I only played a couple levels, but I found it a lot of fun. Apparently it gets extremely difficult in the later levels tho.

[quote name='htz']The full list is up!!!

PixelJunk SideScroller – Regular $9.99, Sale $6.99, PS Plus $4.89
PAYDAY: The Heist – Regular $19.99, Sale $13.99, PS Plus $9.79
Dungeon Defenders – Regular $14.99, Sale $10.49, PS Plus $7.34
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection – Regular $9.99, Sale $6.99, PS Plus $4.89
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition – Regular $14.99, Sale $10.49, PS Plus $7.34
Eufloria – Regular $9.99, Sale $6.99, Plus $4.89
BloodRayne: Betrayal – Regular $14.99, Sale $10.49, PS Plus $7.34
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken – Regular $11.99, Sale $8.39, PS Plus $5.87
Cubixx HD – Regular $9.99, Sale $6.99, PS Plus $4.89
Sideway New York – Regular $9.99, Sale $6.99, PS Plus $4.89
Rochard – Regular $9.99, Sale $6.99, PS Plus $4.89
Okabu – Regular $14.99, Sale $10.49, PS Plus $7.34

Sideway $4.89, Dungeon Defenders $7.34, and PayDay $9.79 for me.[/QUOTE]
As a PSN+ subscriber, we basically have 2 weeks to get these right?

It will usually show up in the "Last Chance" section for PSN+ subscribers next week... right?

Reason is, I had my PS3 sent out for repairs (2nd time now) and won't get it back til next weekish.

If not, man I'll be bummed.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']As a PSN+ subscriber, we basically have 2 weeks to get these right?

It will usually show up in the "Last Chance" section for PSN+ subscribers next week... right?

Reason is, I had my PS3 sent out for repairs (2nd time now) and won't get it back til next weekish.

If not, man I'll be bummed.[/QUOTE]

Wrong.

Get ready to be bummed.

From the Playstation Blog:
Starting tomorrow, each game will be available at 30% off through January 23, and PlayStation Plus subscribers can purchase each game at 50% off.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']As a PSN+ subscriber, we basically have 2 weeks to get these right?

If not, man I'll be bummed.[/QUOTE]

Every PSN sale that comes around, someone posts something like this. Too bad Sony doesn't have a way for you to purchase these offline and lock in sales prices, but I'll guess that there aren't enough people in this situation for them to invest in alternate means to take your money. Ah well.

Too bad they can't just sell you a code that you can use later, the system seems there for that already.

I'm not terribly excited about any of the games on sale, but I suppose I'll check out a bunch of demos. Might as well make use of my PS+ subscription and get some of the $5 games.

[quote name='GT']Every PSN sale that comes around, someone posts something like this. Too bad Sony doesn't have a way for you to purchase these offline and lock in sales prices, but I'll guess that there aren't enough people in this situation for them to invest in alternate means to take your money. Ah well.

Too bad they can't just sell you a code that you can use later, the system seems there for that already.[/QUOTE]
I am bummed. :cry:

Is anyone else who's a Playstation Plus member skittish about buying anything in the PSN Store anymore? Last year I thought I got a great deal when I picked up BTTF on sale for $10. Now it's free for PS+ members. Now unless I can't live without a specific PSN game, I'm inclined to not buy anything from them. Think I'm passing entirely on this sale.

BTW : Thanks for the recommendations on the Dante's Inferno Bundle. Lots of fun and certainly worth the $15 asking price.

[quote name='Decker']Is anyone else who's a Playstation Plus member skittish about buying anything in the PSN Store anymore? Last year I thought I got a great deal when I picked up BTTF on sale for $10. Now it's free for PS+ members. Now unless I can't live without a specific PSN game, I'm inclined to not buy anything from them. Think I'm passing entirely on this sale.

BTW : Thanks for the recommendations on the Dante's Inferno Bundle. Lots of fun and certainly worth the $15 asking price.[/QUOTE]
I've always been leery of buying anything from the PSN store since it seems anything I buy does eventually get an actual sale. But if I had a choice I'd definitely rather a physical version of each of the games over $5 and I got my wish with Back To The Future, since that's available on disc now.

[quote name='oldboy26']quick question about the EA sale. Anyone here play the Dante's Inferno DLC? is it worth it if you liked the main game?[/QUOTE]
I was wondering the same thing. I have the game already, wondering if the DLC is any good.

[quote name='Decker']Is anyone else who's a Playstation Plus member skittish about buying anything in the PSN Store anymore? Last year I thought I got a great deal when I picked up BTTF on sale for $10. Now it's free for PS+ members. Now unless I can't live without a specific PSN game, I'm inclined to not buy anything from them. Think I'm passing entirely on this sale.[/QUOTE]
I am in the same boat. I had purchased BTTF, but don't regret it, even though it is now free.

I would say if you are interested in a game and it is on sale for a good price, then purchase it and support the developers.

If you are on the fence about a game, wait.

i purchased back to the future when it was released almost a year ago so i don't feel like i got screwed playing it much earlier than the people that waited for it to be free

I guess I'll get PJ Sidescroller, but I'm just not too excited about any of these games.

And I guess the days of 50% off for use non-Plus (Minus?) people are forever gone?
PS+ gets our old regular sale and PS- gets a lesser sale. Seems unfair compared with the past.

[quote name='Decker']Is anyone else who's a Playstation Plus member skittish about buying anything in the PSN Store anymore? Last year I thought I got a great deal when I picked up BTTF on sale for $10. Now it's free for PS+ members. Now unless I can't live without a specific PSN game, I'm inclined to not buy anything from them. Think I'm passing entirely on this sale.

BTW : Thanks for the recommendations on the Dante's Inferno Bundle. Lots of fun and certainly worth the $15 asking price.[/QUOTE]
No, but I've never been one to ever get upset if a game I've purchased goes on sale for less than I paid since I pay the price that I think it's worth to me. I'm glad when games I've bought and enjoyed are offered for free so that others have no excuses to miss out for whatever reasons they've had to ignore them.

I stopped buying games at full price when I signed up for PS+ (which was in the first month it was offered). Now, I just buy games that go on sale. If they end up going free later, it's not that big of a deal because I paid less for it and I can still play it if I ever let my PS+ sub lapse.

Does this mean y'all get mad when a car you buy one year is selling for less a year later? You do feel the same anguish over that, right? Or a shirt once it becomes last year's style?

I don't understand the complaints. Shit you buy will be on sale for less at a later time. It happens with everything.

God bless the Internet.

but freebies are different, they don't give away a free car every month.

i love psn+, but iv really only got a handful of games I didn't already own, and iv been a member since it started. Im fine paying $5 for bttf or $10 on release for swords and sorcery, but it seems every month they announce the free stuff, i have most if not all of it. which is cool, but definately stops me from getting psn games that aren't on sale, because if might be free soon. That's why i didnt pick up hoard for 7.50 last 11 from 11, but now it's down to 9.99 so it isnt that big a deal, but i thought for sure they would be giving it away as a freebie... but not yet.
i dont use the auto update and i dont mess w cloud much, but i still love random freebies, especially for stuff i wouldnt have got otherwise i.e. stacking/hydrophobia.

it does suck tho that they used to give 50% off to all psn users so you thought they would give 75% or so off for psn+ members, but they not so sneakily just lowered the discounts to 30% for regular members, and give the generic 50% savings as a psn+ deal. that's a douche move, but whatever, it's a business and they want money.

n yeah i like free games for mp games cuz then i can play crashcommandos/swords n sorcery / etc with more people in these lonesome barren mp lobbies... iv been trying for days to find someone to beat ugly americans apocalyegeddon mp for a trophy and there is never anyone on.... oh wellz

mos def gonna jump on this sale tomorrow. i gotta get those 10% off psn $ too @ tru.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I stopped buying games at full price when I signed up for PS+ (which was in the first month it was offered). Now, I just buy games that go on sale. If they end up going free later, it's not that big of a deal because I paid less for it and I can still play it if I ever let my PS+ sub lapse.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I never buy PSN games that arent on sale now due to plus. But that is also due to my backlog. Thanks CAG!

Kind of torn on the Dead Space 2 DLC bundle. I am a completionist at heart but I know there's no way in heck I'll play through it more than once (and I won't be playing on the hardest difficulty guaranteed). So should I get the DLC bundle? I will play through it when I play through the first and only time I do play but the question becomes is it worth it? Real dollar value aside, is the DLC fun enough to warrant a purchase?

Picking up the Dante's Inferno DLC bundle, Deathspank, and ME2's The Arrival for sure this week. Looking at probably Rochard, PJ: Sidescroller and maybe even Dungeon Defenders (already own it on 360 and PC so why not make it a hat trick?). I still want to get Rocketbirds but it still seems just a bit too pricey for me-looking for sub $5 on that one for sure.

I don't understand the whining about regular users getting a 30% discount now. You're not entitled to any discount. So what that it used to be 50%? It's not anymore. Who knows? Maybe next year the PS+ discount will be 30% and the regular discount will be 5%.

I paid full price for BTTF and don't regret it at all. It's just silly to complain about it being too expensive at $10.

At least PSN users get a discount whether they're PS+ members or not. With Xbox Live, you have to be a gold member to get in on the deals, except during Christmas when the deals are open to everyone.

[quote name='GT']Every PSN sale that comes around, someone posts something like this. Too bad Sony doesn't have a way for you to purchase these offline and lock in sales prices, but I'll guess that there aren't enough people in this situation for them to invest in alternate means to take your money. Ah well.

Too bad they can't just sell you a code that you can use later, the system seems there for that already.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't understand why they don't just sell content on the website the same way Xbox does. Xbox's website is awesome.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']https://twitter.com/#!/jawltd/status/158272956760457216

Looks like Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD will be on sale for 30% off for PS+ members for two weeks starting tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Wow. That's quick for it to be discounted. Thanks for sharing, and also thanks for the Move suggestions! Assuming this is accurate, that may cannibalize some of my other purchases, namely Dungeon Defenders and Eufloria.

Edit: Anyone played Stranger's Wrath HD? There's no god damned demo. Third time today I've been Gribbled by PSN games that don't have demos!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Decker']Is anyone else who's a Playstation Plus member skittish about buying anything in the PSN Store anymore? Last year I thought I got a great deal when I picked up BTTF on sale for $10. Now it's free for PS+ members. Now unless I can't live without a specific PSN game, I'm inclined to not buy anything from them. Think I'm passing entirely on this sale.[/QUOTE]

I buy everything on sale, so when I see it go free, it doesn't really bother me at all. Also, I'm not sure I'll be resubscribing to Plus in October, so I know that I'll still have the game even if I don't have Plus anymore.

Caught this quote on Just Add Water's twitter, responding to a guy who was upset that there's gonna be a sale just one month after release (one month is kind of sticking it to early adopters)

"not really up to us I'm afraid. Sony do discounts globally, and SCEA had NO window until now"

Not exactly sure what that "no window" comment meant, but JAW is making it sound like publishers don't have much of a say when a games gonna go on sale. I really wish I understood how XBLA/PSN sales worked.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Caught this quote on Just Add Water's twitter, responding to a guy who was upset that there's gonna be a sale just one month after release (one month is kind of sticking it to early adopters)

"not really up to us I'm afraid. Sony do discounts globally, and SCEA had NO window until now"

Not exactly sure what that "no window" comment meant, but JAW is making it sound like publishers don't have much of a say when a games gonna go on sale. I really wish I understood how XBLA/PSN sales worked.[/QUOTE]
I think what they're saying is that they don't really get to just tell Sony when they want their game to go on sale. The bigger issue is that Stranger's Wrath came out during the week between Christmas and New Year's when they weren't adding any new deals to the PS Store, so they were in an unfortunate position where their game was released on a limited update during the holidays.

Definitely get Stranger's Wrath if you're interested in it, as it's great for the kind of quirky FPS that it is. Giant Bomb has a quick look if you want to see it in action. It's supposed to get a Move update in a couple of months.

[quote name='wtsutton']Does this mean y'all get mad when a car you buy one year is selling for less a year later? You do feel the same anguish over that, right? Or a shirt once it becomes last year's style?[/QUOTE]
This is CAG, afterall. I know I buy, rebuy, return stuff all the time to save a buck.

[quote name='wtsutton']I don't understand the complaints. Shit you buy will be on sale for less at a later time. It happens with everything. [/QUOTE]
Not everything. I have a $15 DVD that I sold for $750 which proves otherwise.

Digital purchases are one thing, and those will likely only go down ... but physical media that goes out of print will always be worth something to somebody.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I think what they're saying is that they don't really get to just tell Sony when they want their game to go on sale. The bigger issue is that Stranger's Wrath came out during the week between Christmas and New Year's when they weren't adding any new deals to the PS Store, so they were in an unfortunate position where their game was released on a limited update during the holidays.

Definitely get Stranger's Wrath if you're interested in it, as it's great for the kind of quirky FPS that it is. Giant Bomb has a quick look if you want to see it in action. It's supposed to get a Move update in a couple of months.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I watched the video review on IGN, the game looks awesome. 30% is enough of a discount, I'll definitely be getting it and playing it after I finish Crysis. Very much looking forward to it, ironically moreso than any of the 12 for 12 games.

[quote name='wtsutton']Does this mean y'all get mad when a car you buy one year is selling for less a year later? You do feel the same anguish over that, right? Or a shirt once it becomes last year's style?

I don't understand the complaints. Shit you buy will be on sale for less at a later time. It happens with everything.

God bless the Internet.[/QUOTE]
Eh. I only buy 5-10 year old shitbomb cars anyway, so at most I'm paying $1k for em IF that. I use em for as long as I can get em to continue working right, then I take them to the junk yard.

But for gaming items I've been programmed by CAG to typically wait for the lowest price I can possibly get an item for. It's backfired a couple of times because some stuff has sold out at higher prices. But there's always another place doing a sale/clearance for the same item(s). So I know I'll usually have another chance to get it cheaper.;)

But PSN stuff is usually a $10 MAX price for me, since I still refuse to pay more than that for digital download stuff I can't resell if I get bored of it.:whistle2:#

[quote name='gettinmoney662']You got Dungeon Defenders? I didn't know it had a platinum but it's a long one.[/QUOTE]

No I don't have Dungeon Defenders. That's good it has a platinum. I will check it out more and let you know.

When they do a sale on DLC bundles, like Dead Space and Dante's Inferno, they don't automatically put the individual DLC on sale, too, do they? You either commit to all the DLC or nothing?

they don't discount the dlc seperately, i wish. i got trials and dark forest for dante's inferno but would love to try the new relics/powers, but oh well.

also if your interested in plats, not only dungeon defenders but also okabu, rocketbirds and strangeworld all have plats.

iv got like 115 in psn$, im thinking i might skip that tru psn card sale cuz how much longer is psn gonna be around, another year or so? idk i just dont want my cash trapped in psn land where i cant get it back out, ha. i was gonna tough it out on my ps2 awhile ago and go through my backlog but that never happened. hopefully i have the cag willpower to stay with my ps3/psn for awhile after the next generation comes around. ugh, i hate upgrading and buying new shi. wasnt ps3 like $400 r 500. thats insane

[quote name='Velo214']they don't discount the dlc seperately, i wish. i got trials and dark forest for dante's inferno but would love to try the new relics/powers, but oh well.

also if your interested in plats, not only dungeon defenders but also okabu, rocketbirds and strangeworld all have plats.

iv got like 115 in psn$, im thinking i might skip that tru psn card sale cuz how much longer is psn gonna be around, another year or so? idk i just dont want my cash trapped in psn land where i cant get it back out, ha. i was gonna tough it out on my ps2 awhile ago and go through my backlog but that never happened. hopefully i have the cag willpower to stay with my ps3/psn for awhile after the next generation comes around. ugh, i hate upgrading and buying new shi. wasnt ps3 like $400 r 500. thats insane[/QUOTE]
It was $500 for the 20gb model(w/o wifi card in it) or $600 for the 60gb model. That's why I waited till I had a shitton of credit at FYE from game trades and grabbed a 40gb model for around $399.99 and I STILL groaned at paying that fuckin' much for a game console.:roll:

The game that got me to buy a PS3: Grand Theft Auto IV:lol: At the time I really wanted the game, but looking back that title was a major letdown compared to prior titles in the series. So Rockstar better pull out all the stops for the next one or they too can kiss my ass.

So if Sony does the same bullshit this next next gen, they can kiss my ass and I'll stick with the PS3 till their next one is $199.99.

I'll be getting four to six titles from this sale, tomorrow. Feels good to be patient and get the discounts from having PS+.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']OMG! Just checked under PS+ full(60 minute) game trials on PSN. That is an INSANEEE amount of free full demos!!!!!![/QUOTE]

But they're just demos? I'm sorry, I just don't understand your excitement.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Kind of torn on the Dead Space 2 DLC bundle. I am a completionist at heart but I know there's no way in heck I'll play through it more than once (and I won't be playing on the hardest difficulty guaranteed). So should I get the DLC bundle? I will play through it when I play through the first and only time I do play but the question becomes is it worth it? Real dollar value aside, is the DLC fun enough to warrant a purchase?
[/QUOTE]

I'm leaning towards skipping it and watching a Youtube play. I would have gotten Severed if it was like the XBL sale (280 points). I don't care about the weapon/armor packs. The recycled environments and thin story don't make it attractive. I just finished Extraction and I want to see the continuation, but most comments I've seen are not positive. I like Mass Effect 2's DLC, something like that is worth it.

[quote name='pimpster4183']can you earn trophies on the 60 min trials? I've never done one just because the DLs are so huge.[/QUOTE]
I unlocked like 7 trophies in Alice Madness Returns, but when I click on my name on my friends list, only 1 shows up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back