PSP Go thread-

[quote name='SynGamer']Um, bringing out the PSP2 now when the PS3 is just starting to finally take off would be financial suicide. Give it a couple of years and I think we'll see the PSP2 but for now, the PSP Go is a great way to test DD's on the PSN. It lets Sony iron out some kinks without feeling rushed.[/QUOTE]

I mean this in the least offensive way possible, but I don't see how releasing a console with less functionality than it's previous model is testing DD. All PSPs can download PSN games. I agree with Malik in that Sony should've sat on these ideas (sleek form factor, download only) until it was time for PSP2.

The best thing about this slapdash console release is that it in no way affects existing PSP users unlike the DSi, which has exclusive games I won't ever be able to play. I'm really trying not to trash the PSP Go, but I really feel Sony didn't adequately think this through.

[quote name='blackjaw'] Isn't that what hulu and DVR's are for?[/QUOTE]

If you know of a solution that allows me to carry said services in my pocket, let me know. ;)

[quote name='DQT']I mean this in the least offensive way possible, but I don't see how releasing a console with less functionality than it's previous model is testing DD. All PSPs can download PSN games. I agree with Malik in that Sony should've sat on these ideas (sleek form factor, download only) until it was time for PSP2.

The best thing about this slapdash console release is that it in no way affects existing PSP users unlike the DSi, which has exclusive games I won't ever be able to play. I'm really trying not to trash the PSP Go, but I really feel Sony didn't adequately think this through.[/QUOTE]

Waiting much longer would cause even more of the consumer base to think of the iPhone as the only true portable gaming device in town (along with the new Zune HD), and make it even harder to convince consumers that a PSP2 is relevant. Hence the reason why PSP Mini's exist -- to fill the market segment that is attracted to iPhone games but are interested in more depth.

It was a strategic move for market share and not the existing fan base. Whether or not the system will succeed will need time, but remember that Sony will have plenty of room to continue slashing prices as demand for the Go ebbs and wanes.

damn it. I'm sure you guys already know, but I was checking the program that shows shit being transferred into our store, and we're getting a shitton of POSA cards (point of sale activation.. like point cards) for PSP Go titles. It's nice that they're doing this as you can still buy games with store credit and whatnot, but we're going to have to set up a new section in the store.. gah!

Off the top of my head, I saw POSA cards for Gran Turismo, God of War, Dissidia, Motorstorm, GTA VCS and LCS, Secret Agent Clank, and Soul Calibur.

I'm actually in the middle of n argument with someone on Amazon's comments section. Guy's really pissing me off, so I need to post here instead haha. Long story short, he's calling people (notably myself) "feeble" for seeing the difference in size between the Go and the 3k. I could fit a Go in my pocket, but not a 3k. So, I'm pretty sure that's a difference. Might not matter to some people but to me, it's a big deal, and I'm "feeble" because of it, lol...

I do think that the major problem Sony is overlooking is that digital downloads are being tested here, as WELL as the PSP Go's "differences". So if the PSP Go does fail, I hope Sony doesn't decide that the digital download medium is at fault when the Go fails, considering the availability or lack of availability of the downloadable versions of UMD games. Not to mention leaving the current UMD owners out in the cold in terms of the transfer program. So I just hope they don't abandon (or slow) the PSP2/PS3/etc. downloadable content stream as a result of poor sales of the Go...

[quote name='Tux.Bobble']So if the PSP Go does fail, I hope Sony doesn't decide that the digital download medium is at fault when the Go fails, considering the availability or lack of availability of the downloadable versions of UMD games. [/QUOTE]

Why would you not want digital distribution to get blamed for the fall of the PSP Go?

I welcome any development that can possibly help stave off the death of physical media.

[quote name='blackjaw']I'm definitely down with buying some PSone games and will check out some PSP legacy if the price is right (which it probably wont be). Their 16,000 pieces of downloadable content with 13,300 of them being crappy TV episodes is a joke. Isn't that what hulu and DVR's are for?[/QUOTE]

you mean 15,600 beening crappy

the people that are talking stuff like its going to fail why the hell are you in this thread get a life because its not going to fail at all

[quote name='DQT']I mean this in the least offensive way possible, but I don't see how releasing a console with less functionality than it's previous model is testing DD. All PSPs can download PSN games. I agree with Malik in that Sony should've sat on these ideas (sleek form factor, download only) until it was time for PSP2.

The best thing about this slapdash console release is that it in no way affects existing PSP users unlike the DSi, which has exclusive games I won't ever be able to play. I'm really trying not to trash the PSP Go, but I really feel Sony didn't adequately think this through.[/QUOTE]
The PSP would've been dead by then if they didn't have the Go, as publishers would've left and there'd be no reason to have a PSP2. There would be no wealth of games coming this holiday season, there would be no PSP Minis, there would be none of this content coming to PSN, and there would be none of this renewed interest in the platform by publishers and developers to keep it going for much longer. It's purely a move to show the publishers that they have commitment to the platform's future.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The PSP would've been dead by then if they didn't have the Go, as publishers would've left and there'd be no reason to have a PSP2. There would be no wealth of games coming this holiday season, there would be no PSP Minis, there would be none of this content coming to PSN, and there would be none of this renewed interest in the platform by publishers and developers to keep it going for much longer. It's purely a move to show the publishers that they have commitment to the platform's future.[/QUOTE]

Well said. :applause:

this thing will sell well but secondary to the regular PSP... depending on how it sells in 6 months might determine if it'll become something sony wants to keep or forget.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']this thing will sell well but secondary to the regular PSP... depending on how it sells in 6 months might determine if it'll become something sony wants to keep or forget.[/QUOTE]
Agrees.

I think the monthly numbers 6 months forward will be a good benchmark for the device's success. However, I think it will sell exceptionally well in Japan; where newer is better regardless.

[quote name='Halo05']Why would you not want digital distribution to get blamed for the fall of the PSP Go?

I welcome any development that can possibly help stave off the death of physical media.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I misspoke a little bit there. It's not that I want physical media to be gone altogether. But for me personally, I like having the downloadable version better than the physical media, with the exception of the box/manual. I have no need to have "perishable" media. I remember the days when my sisters used to borrow my CDs, and return them scratched to all hell. I don't have that problem anymore, and I have never had that problem with games, but I definitely welcome digital downloads.

With that said, I would much prefer a combined effort the way Sony is claiming to attempt here. I would prefer that digital-only AND physical media be available. As I said, I love the box/manual, but hate the discs themselves. I'm all for the box/manual for collection, including a digital download code. As for used games, I do participate in that market currently. And I would like to have that option for some games. But I've been dealing with Steam long enough to be ready for digital downloads, personally.

What my original comment was intended to express (though I poorly did so since my laptop battery was dying and I was rushing to finish up the post as quickly as possible) was that I do not wish for Sony to view the PSP Go and the digital download format to be inherently "linked". At least, not in the sense that, if the PSP Go fails, they will never try DD again. Because as they've set it up, the PSP Go has a LOT of reasons why it could fail beyond the simple fact of digital downloads. The method of implementation seems to be quite poor, whereas if it is done correctly, digital downloading can be very good. (again, see Steam for PCs)

Again, I don't wish for the end of physical media altogether. I just wish for enhanced opportunity/availability of downloading digital media, if that is my preference, which in some cases it is. For instance, there are some games I simply would not sell. They are rare, but they do exist. Final Fantasy Tactics, for instance, is a game I will keep as long as I have a way of playing it. (at least the PS3 does THAT BC, if not the PS2...) But I realize that for some, the disc itself is also collectible, so I understand why (and agree that) physical media should never disappear completely.

[quote name='Scorch']damn it. I'm sure you guys already know, but I was checking the program that shows shit being transferred into our store, and we're getting a shitton of POSA cards (point of sale activation.. like point cards) for PSP Go titles. It's nice that they're doing this as you can still buy games with store credit and whatnot, but we're going to have to set up a new section in the store.. gah!

Off the top of my head, I saw POSA cards for Gran Turismo, God of War, Dissidia, Motorstorm, GTA VCS and LCS, Secret Agent Clank, and Soul Calibur.[/QUOTE]

I believe that's positive news, and will hopefully lend itself to DLC games going on sale like their physical counterparts. I wonder if they'll go on a clearance sale, as well. A bit suspect though as these POSA cards don't take up much shelf space.

This may also address my concerns of finding a way for DLC titles to get the pre-order goodies.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']this thing will sell well but secondary to the regular PSP... depending on how it sells in 6 months might determine if it'll become something sony wants to keep or forget.[/QUOTE]
The holiday season will determine that.

Sony should have learned from their original PS3 pricing mistake. Having the PSP Go come out at a MSRP for $249.99 is ridiculous from a consumers point of view. If an average consumer walks into a electronics store and told the employee that he wants something for movies, music, and games for a good price the employee will probably direct the consumer to an ipod touch for a lower price. Apple has the brand influence and power to smash anything that tries to copy it whether it is Microsoft's Zune or even Sony's new PSP Go. Why would a consumer take a chance on a new DLC format with the PSP Go when Apple has dominated the market on portable devices since the start of the decade? The ipod touch is less and Apple has a much better store than Sony or Microsoft and the ipod touch is cheaper for the same memory or about $40 more for twice the memory of a PSP Go.

PSP did nothing for handheld gaming in making Sony a ton of money. The soccer moms are going to buy their kid a DS Lite or a DSi because once again Nintendo dominates the handheld video gaming market. The DS platform has been out for almost five yearsnow. Do soccer moms really get the idea of buying a hand held game system but not being able to buy actual games for it? Having to go to an online store is to big of a hassle for some consumers and its easier to just buy the real physical games at retail. Not to mention that the DS Lite and DSi are way cheaper than the PSP Go.

Another thing that is going to kill this is that the PSP Go is more expensive than the X-Box 360 Arcade and a Nintendo Wii console. For $50 more dollars you can get an X-Box 360 elite or even a PS3 Slim, what the fuck is Sony thinking here? The PSP platform is older than both of these current generation $199.99 consoles (360 and Wii). Sony is also telling their original core consumer group to go fuck THEMSELVES because if you want to upgrade, your UMD's are now SHIT and you have to purchase everything again for the PSP Go in a digital format.

I want a PSP GO, but for $249.99 for essentially a format that was released in the United States four years ago without a UMD drive and a smaller screen is shit pricing. At least with the ipod touch someone can create an app. to simulate getting kicked in the balls after you purchase it.

What they need to do is create an external UMD drive that you can plug into the GO.

Rip the game, do an install to card option, and be done with it.

If they did that, I'd gladly buy it.

But spitting in the previous PSP owners face isn't how you make customers. Definately not returning customers.

[quote name='xycury']What they need to do is create an external UMD drive that you can plug into the GO.

Rip the game, do an install to card option, and be done with it.[/QUOTE]
You still have the problem of people ripping a rented or borrowed game. I think you're right though, that's probably the best option for not alienating current PSP owners while still having some protection against piracy.

What they really need is a unique one-use download code printed on the manual or otherwise packaged with each game. But then they would need to have known about the Go plans from the beginning.

That still brings up the problem of pre-existing games people have already bought/currently own. But I will say that I like that idea.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']You still have the problem of people ripping a rented or borrowed game. I think you're right though, that's probably the best option for not alienating current PSP owners while still having some protection against piracy.

What they really need is a unique one-use download code printed on the manual or otherwise packaged with each game. But then they would need to have known about the Go plans from the beginning.[/QUOTE]

You could make it read the original disc every month or so. Just like Steam requiring internet access for games.

This would be a transition, but right now they are pulling a Nintendo with half a retard here. Nintendo made the DS and DSlite compatible with the older gen. PSPGo is cutting that cord. They are going to support two formats, and currently the "next gen" software is compatible to older gen hardware, but not the other way around. It's just another point that the UMD system was an awful idea, and this point is from Sony.

What they could do is that games should be serialized right? Get a unique game, rip it, update the online database, if that game tries to rip again, it can only go onto the unique system it ripped to before.

This would be a minor inconvienence, like Steam needing online, before you switch it offline.

This console reeks of Sony's desperation to salvage the PSP platform.

It's been 5 years since the PSP hit the market, and the best Sony could do is to add Bluetooth?

Why didn't they add RAM, update the awful web browser, archiac text input, or embarrasingly dated B wifi?

[quote name='starmask2k3']the people that are talking stuff like its going to fail why the hell are you in this thread get a life because its not going to fail at all[/QUOTE]

Shut up.

[quote name='Snake2715']its dead on arrival, watch and see.[/QUOTE]

Yep.

I do agree w/ that they just did a wrong instead off upgrading the late types of PSP's instead of changing its all features add/remove thats kinda epic phail, i just wished they just added new features on late PSP's or just arranged the placing of the controls.

I really can't see this thing being a success. I haven't had a need to upgrade since the PSP 1000 (which I still love) and this new one isn't changing my mind. Are people really going to spend $250 on it?

[quote name='manthing']This console reeks of Sony's desperation to salvage the PSP platform.

It's been 5 years since the PSP hit the market, and the best Sony could do is to add Bluetooth?

Why didn't they add RAM, update the awful web browser, archiac text input, or embarrasingly dated B wifi?

Shut up.

Yep.[/QUOTE]

And sadly, it has the same battery life :cry:

[quote name='Halo05']Anyhow, I'm about ready to sit back and see what happens. I was predicting dismal sales but some of the Gamefaqs kids are really fucking excited about this so who knows?[/QUOTE]

GameFAQs doesn't count for anything. Feel free to ignore them. :lol:

[quote name='starmask2k3']the people that are talking stuff like its going to fail why the hell are you in this thread get a life because its not going to fail at all[/QUOTE]

nou128619151022807600.jpg

[quote name='Reichan']I do agree w/ that they just did a wrong instead off upgrading the late types of PSP's instead of changing its all features add/remove thats kinda epic phail, i just wished they just added new features on late PSP's or just arranged the placing of the controls.[/QUOTE]

That gets into the same problem Nintendo could have with the DS and DSi - unnecessary market segmentation. Of course, you could argue that Sony's already done that, since any UMDs that come out from now on are completely incompatible with part of their install base.

Given how lousy the economy is, I can understand why Sony isn't doing a full-fledged PSP2 right now. That doesn't justify the existence of the Go, however.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Engadget PSP go review:
http://www.engadget.com/2009/09/28/psp-go-review/[/QUOTE]

Sounds about right: they liked the hardware, but that was about it.

I'm still not wild about not having removable batteries, but that's something that's not unique to Sony, and something that won't change. I just miss the days of being able to swap out AAs to keep going.

[quote name='javeryh']I really can't see this thing being a success. I haven't had a need to upgrade since the PSP 1000 (which I still love) and this new one isn't changing my mind. Are people really going to spend $250 on it?[/QUOTE]
No, but I've decided to spend $175 in Amazon credit.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Kotaku review:

http://feeds.gawker.com/~r/kotaku/full/~3/GKK442IN_rs/pspgo-review-a-peek-into-the-future-of-gaming[/QUOTE]

Kotaku's review is a lot more positive than I would have expected, and they seem to gloss over a lot of the downsides in favor of playing up its "feel" and "look." They also don't go into any of the potential downsides of the "pure digital" that Crecente seems to love so much.

Joystiq has their review up too...

All things considered, PSP Go is living a dual life at launch. On one side, there's the inclination to want one at this very moment because it's new, superbly designed and oh-so-cool; on the other is the realization I came to after the initial wow factor wore off: What do I play on it, because it can't run any of my many UMD games.

It's the answer to that question -- "Buy your games again if you want to ditch your old PSP and play them on the Go" -- that makes it impossible to strongly recommend the PSP Go to a large slice of serious games. Sure, as Sony has pointed out, this is a new device that's in some ways aimed at a new audience that doesn't own a PSP already, but then it's also $250, and those people probably expect it to have a touchscreen and make phone calls at that price.

It all boils down to is this: PSP Go is a bad idea, but at least I can say it's a perfectly executed one. If you're someone who still plans to lay down the cash on day one knowing the downsides, you're going to like what it does right -- but you'll be paying $250 for form over function.

...and Gizmodo (another site in the Gawker network that owns Kotaku) has a less positive review:

The PSPgo should have been the ZuneHD with games, a versatile media platformed with cutting edge hardware and eye-meltingly beautiful software. But instead, it's a slightly smaller PSP with a screen, storage capacity and software that's not all that competitive with other $250 devices today. If you see just the DSi as the PSP's competition, the Go's updates seem pretty substantial. But compared to the advancements in PMPs and smartphones as of late, it's just very difficult to sit in awe of the Go's inelegant hardware and clunky software.

Oh, and needless to say, there's still no second analog stick.

Four years later, my wife and I are closer than ever. But my beloved PSP sits on a shelf somewhere out of reach, a dusty artifact that I'll neither play nor throw away. The Go will not fare any better by being a little bit smaller or ditching pesky UMDs. PSP2, I'll be waiting for whenever you decide to show up and steal my heart again.

They said battery life at max brightness with wi-fi on is just short of five hours. I guess that isn't terrible, but it's definitely not impressive either.

Another interesting article: a PSP teardown that reveals some durability issues. A few points worth emphasizing:

The biggest news is that the Go's battery is tucked under a warranty-voiding sticker.

• No metal framework (the structural integrity relies on outer plastic shell)

You can't replace the battery without voiding the warranty, and the device is constructed in a way that's not going to hold up to wear and tear, especially with the sliding mechanism?

Good job, Sony. :roll:

I'm no fan of the Go, but all of the reviews griping about no touch screen and/or second analog stick are way off base. If websites like CNET don't understand the difference between a brand new platform and a redesign of an existing one, I wonder how much confusion there is among the general public.

The PSP Go is a great piece of hardware, but the price of the portable is just too damn much. Unless you bought a bunch of PSP games on PSN. This would be a useless upgrade. I would love to have a PSP Go, but half of my PSP games are not on PSN yet and I would have to sell all 15 of my games at a quarter of the price of what they are on PSN then re-buy them. Not knowing whether Sony will keep these games on PSN for the next few generations or not.

Like everyone said. This is a test to see whether the next PSP should be all digital games or still use physical games.

think DD is better and someone on gamestop Forums said they are going to offer a way to trade-in your UMDs For DD codes to download from the PSN

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I'm no fan of the Go, but all of the reviews griping about no touch screen and/or second analog stick are way off base. If websites like CNET don't understand the difference between a brand new platform and a redesign of an existing one, I wonder how much confusion there is among the general public.[/QUOTE]

The complaints about the touchscreen and second stick are stupid, but I think you're on to something. Trying to explain the system and how it's different from the older models to consumers will be difficult at best, and it isn't hard to imagine people picking the cheaper PSP that can do everything the PSPgo can, plus play UMDs. Right now, the extra $50 nets you a smaller device and...that's about it, really.

[quote name='starmask2k3']think DD is better and someone on gamestop Forums said they are going to offer a way to trade-in your UMDs For DD codes to download from the PSN[/QUOTE]

First, GameStop is a store. :whistle2:s

As for the second...that's just a rumor, and I sure hope that's not what you're basing your purchase off of. Since there's no trade-in program at launch, I doubt there's ever going to be one.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Trying to explain the system and how it's different from the older models to consumers will be difficult at best, and it isn't hard to imagine people picking the cheaper PSP that can do everything the PSPgo can, plus play UMDs.[/QUOTE]
The way Sony is playing up the online store and downloadable games in conjunction with the Go's launch, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people believe that it's a new feature unique to the Go. There is going to be a lot of buyer's remorse going around if and when these people find out that the $170 flavor (or maybe even the PSP that they already own) has the exact same online functionality.

[quote name='javeryh']Amazon is selling it for $175?[/QUOTE]
$75 trade-in promotion coupon from way back. I would not pay full price, and I'm keeping my 1000 in the bedroom/bathroom.

[quote name='chakan']$75 trade-in promotion coupon from way back. I would not pay full price, and I'm keeping my 1000 in the bedroom/bathroom.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh... so they are selling it for $175 to you.

Since Scorch is reporting lots of PSN game codes at Gamecrazy, I'm hoping Amazon gets them as well so I can get the 10% ECA discount.

I pay utility bills with my Sony rewards card, which gets me about $10 in PSN monies every other month. Those two avenues are my cheapass strategies for the moment, shame about the UMD trade-in program, but oh well, I was done playing most of those anyway.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I'm no fan of the Go, but all of the reviews griping about no touch screen and/or second analog stick are way off base. If websites like CNET don't understand the difference between a brand new platform and a redesign of an existing one, I wonder how much confusion there is among the general public.[/QUOTE]

They just redesigned the PS3 and guess what? It does the same exact thing as the older PS3 just in a new redesigned package. See how that works? The PSP Go is a half ass attempt at a relaunch on a mobile platform without actually upgrading the platform. They seriously would have been better off with an all new PSP 2 or some sort of actual successor to the PSP. Websites like CNET understand this shit, thats why they are CNET and you are not.

An article I received today from the ECA Today email. Personally, I won't be buying the PSP Go. I bought a PSP once, owned it for two months, then sold it. The library of games isn't even remotely close to the DS in terms of quantity. There are a few good games on the PSP, but there are easily 200+ great games on the DS.

International retail unimpressed with PSP Go price, margins

Internationally, retailers are either expressing doubt about the PSP Go or refusing to stock it entirely. Sony is having a better time in the United States, but the $250 system has many challenges for both retail and consumers. Ars explores the situation.

We're just days away from the launch of Sony's PSP Go, but retailers around the world are having a tough time justifying the sales of the machine. Nedgame, a gaming specialty store in Holland, won't be handling the PSP Go at all. Rumors have sprouted up about EBGames' refusal to stock the hardware in Australia, and there have been rumblings about Spanish retailers not stocking the system. Is this something we'll be seeing in the United States? Are retailers this gun-shy about the high price on an all-digital product?

"We can't speak to reports from other regions," Abby Reyes, senior public relations specialist for SCEA, told Ars. She assured us that the system has broad support in the US, and that retailers are excited about both the hardware and the PlayStation Network. "With the PSP Go, retailers will have the opportunity to sell the hardware, PlayStation Network cards, and a new peripheral line," she explained.

Sony's John Koller hinted that a high margin for retailers was built into the PSP Go's $250 price tag. "We've changed the model from a margin perspective from the 3000, so there are changes throughout. We've made it very worth [retailer's] while to carry the PSP Go." He further claimed that some retailers gave Sony a standing ovation when details of the retail planned were explained.
Shelf space, digital nature adds to challenge

We caught up with Hal Halpin, the president of the Entertainment Consumers Assocation to ask about the challenges the PSP Go will face. He wrote an opinion piece addressing this very problem—albeit in a broader space—and in 1997 he founded the Interactive Entertainment Merchants Association. This is a man who knows a little something about the video games on store shelves.

His take on things: shelf space is tight. "We did see a broad increase in our share of the retail footprint at the beginning of the current hardware cycle, when three viable console systems, two popular handheld systems, and PC games all rationalized the dedication of more floor and shelf space," He told Ars. The job of the retailer is to maximize the amount of money they can make with that space, and with margins on hardware being historically tight and no money to be made on PSP Go games, the shelf space may not be well served by the hardware.

"The PSP Go is really a line extension item, not a replacement for the PSP, so it'll require more space. Add to that the complexities of retail sharing/not sharing in the subsequent digitally-distributed software sales and you can understand why retailers are taking a more objective look," he stated.
The US seems safe for Sony

Every major retailer contacted for this story said they would be stocking the system; it looks like the retail space is much friendlier towards Sony in the United States. Will retailers cool to the system once the flush from the unit's release has worn off? That's hard to tell.
At $250, the PSP Go is only $50 less expensive than the PS3, and any existing PSP customer with a roomy Pro Duo memory stick will be able to download games directly to their system, creating an all-digital platform with the system they already own, while keeping the ability to play UMD releases.

Sony has also backed off the idea of a trade-in or exchange program for consumers with a large collection of UMD games, making it a hard sell to get rid of your existing hardware to trade it up to a PSP Go. If the system isn't as big of a draw as Sony is hoping, retailers could easily give that shelf space to any number of other systems or accessories. In many ways the PSP Go is an innovative product, and being first to market with any idea is never easy.

The PSP Go will be available for $250 on October 1.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/...ail-unimpressed-with-psp-go-price-margins.ars

[quote name='Malik112099']They just redesigned the PS3 and guess what? It does the same exact thing as the older PS3 just in a new redesigned package. See how that works? The PSP Go is a half ass attempt at a relaunch on a mobile platform without actually upgrading the platform. They seriously would have been better off with an all new PSP 2 or some sort of actual successor to the PSP. Websites like CNET understand this shit, thats why they are CNET and you are not.[/QUOTE]

PS3 Slim cant play PS2 Games and it only can do 1080p with a Sony 1080p HDTV

Last edited:
[quote name='Malik112099']They just redesigned the PS3 and guess what? It does the same exact thing as the older PS3 just in a new redesigned package. See how that works?[/QUOTE]
Yes, I do... That's exactly why I said what I said. You didn't see reviewers knocking the Slim PS3 because it failed to improve games' graphics or add motion control or whatever. They seemed to understand that it was a redesign of existing hardware, not a new platform with new features and new games. Something that some people don't seem to get about the PSP Go.

anyone see this

Sony's mysterious goodwill program for PlayStation Portable owners saddled with UMD collections will be rewarded, should they choose to upgrade to a PSPgo. In Europe, at least, Sony will be giving away three free games to new PSPgo investors.PSPgo buyers will be given three free games from a list of seventeen PlayStation Portable titles. That list is, as far as we can gather, comprised entirely of first-party Sony titles, including Killzone: Liberation, SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3, WipEout Pure, echochrome, LocoRoco, Patapon and more.The rewards system will run from October 1, 2009 to March 31, 2010 in European territories. And according to the release, will require PSPgo owners to register for their three free games by accessing the PlayStation Network with their older PSPs with a UMD in the drive.The PSPgo Rewards system sounds like a decent enough solution, should you have UMDs on hand and have a preference for the seventeen games offered by Sony. However, those will larger UMD libraries may see the offer differently.What do you think? Enough goodwill to get you to upgrade to the PSPgo?

[quote name='starmask2k3']anyone see this

Sony's mysterious goodwill program for PlayStation Portable owners saddled with UMD collections will be rewarded, should they choose to upgrade to a PSPgo. In Europe, at least, Sony will be giving away three free games to new PSPgo investors.PSPgo buyers will be given three free games from a list of seventeen PlayStation Portable titles. That list is, as far as we can gather, comprised entirely of first-party Sony titles, including Killzone: Liberation, SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3, WipEout Pure, echochrome, LocoRoco, Patapon and more.The rewards system will run from October 1, 2009 to March 31, 2010 in European territories. And according to the release, will require PSPgo owners to register for their three free games by accessing the PlayStation Network with their older PSPs with a UMD in the drive.The PSPgo Rewards system sounds like a decent enough solution, should you have UMDs on hand and have a preference for the seventeen games offered by Sony. However, those will larger UMD libraries may see the offer differently.What do you think? Enough goodwill to get you to upgrade to the PSPgo?[/QUOTE]

Couple of days ago yea. It's one of the reasons we were so pissed.

bread's done
Back