PSP Go White Used at Gamestop for $150.00

mayonaze03

CAG Veteran
I went to the Gamestop in Westerville Ohio and picked up a white PSP Go for $150.00. For that price, I said OK since I have tons of digital games.
I took a picture. How do I upload it without putting it on a website?

[quote name='DeskLaser']I called around and found a store that has a black one. I would assume this would be the same price as the white one. Has anyone seen to know for sure?[/QUOTE]

Wait - You're telling me that you called around to multiple stores, actually found a store that has one, but yet you didn't think to ask the price of it? You decided to come on here and try to find out? Call the store back and ask!

The price that Gamestop sells it at doesn't mean anything. They could give 75 in credit for it and sell it for $150, $180, $200, whatever they want. It's their product once it's traded in. I would imagine that they priced it at $150 because the device has sold like shit and they want to move them as quickly as possible. It has nothing to do with Sony dropping support or anything, you guys are reading WAY too much into this

[quote name='Scorch']The price that Gamestop sells it at doesn't mean anything. They could give 75 in credit for it and sell it for $150, $180, $200, whatever they want. It's their product once it's traded in. I would imagine that they priced it at $150 because the device has sold like shit and they want to move them as quickly as possible. It has nothing to do with Sony dropping support or anything, you guys are reading WAY too much into this[/QUOTE]
Yup.

Used prices are their own domain.

[quote name='Scorch']I really don't understand why everyone is saying that this is "very tempting". Are you just not thinking this through or what? It's an all digital system where there's rarely any deals on games and you're stuck with a game once you buy it (no trade-ins or selling to others). It's a pretty terrible system. Pick up a 3000 instead.[/QUOTE]

It's also an amazing price on a great multimedia device with an incredibly tiny footprint. The built in 16GB of memory is very nice for storing music and video on (a 16GB Pro Duo stick would be around $60 alone), and any digital games you bought for the original PSP will obviously work on the Go as well. The only major downside to the Go is its lack of a UMD drive, so really, it comes down to whether losing the advantages the Go offers and paying an extra $50 (or having less storage) for an original PSP model is worth the tradeoff for that one feature. Otherwise, if you can find a product equivalent in price, capabilities, storage, and size, then by all means, please let us know.

Just looking around for numbers on the PSP Go... Found this:

Stateside and in Japan, the Go had a modestly successful debut, but the November sales figures from NPD are in, and they are alarmingly scary for Sony:
1. 1.7 million DS
2. 1.2 million Wii
3. 820,000 Xbox 360
4. 710,000 PlayStation 3
5. 293,000 PSP (PSP-3000 and Go combined)

I just can't justify buying one knowing that 1 of 2 things is going to happen: They're either going to have to have a significant price drop OR they're just going to announce the successor to the PSP and PSP Go and it'll be like the Van Halen album with Gary Cherone that isn't even listed on their discography anymore... Neither option makes me want to blow a wad of cash on it...

[quote name='Edge']The only major downside to the Go is its lack of a UMD drive, so really, it comes down to whether losing the advantages the Go offers and paying an extra $50 (or having less storage) for an original PSP model is worth the tradeoff for that one feature. Otherwise, if you can find a product equivalent in price, capabilities, storage, and size, then by all means, please let us know.[/QUOTE]

Not sure exactly what you mean by paying an extra $50 for an original PSP? GS sells a used PSP 1000 for $100, the 2000 is $120 and 3000 is $130. Or are you factoring in that you need to buy a 16 gb stick?

[quote name='Scorch']I would imagine that they priced it at $150 because the device has sold like shit and they want to move them as quickly as possible. It has nothing to do with Sony dropping support or anything, you guys are reading WAY too much into this[/QUOTE]

Yeah a product sells like shit and the company drops it due to lack of consumer and developer support. Yup we're reading way too much into it. :applause:

[quote name='salty tbone']Not sure exactly what you mean by paying an extra $50 for an original PSP? GS sells a used PSP 1000 for $100, the 2000 is $120 and 3000 is $130. Or are you factoring in that you need to buy a 16 gb stick?[/QUOTE]

I factored the memory stick into the cost, that's why I said it's either another $50 or you'll have less storage space (compared to the Go). Surprised they actually still sell the 1000 series and for that cheap, although I can't imagine the condition of most of them by now...

It's just that my cell phone cut out before I could ask the price and calling back just got me a busy signal. I also worry about calling a store too many times and being a nuisance. Thanks for the replies though.

I just got a black one off Craigslist from some kid for $100 plus my copy of Saints Row 2 for PS3.

I thought it was an awesome deal but I think the best way to sell people on Digital Distribution would be the ability to play PSP games on your PS3 as well as on your PSP.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Yup.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok... yea I'm definitely sitting this one out. I guess if you're the type of gamer that has to have every system this might be considered a deal. I think the only way I'd own a PSP Go is if I was given one for free.

The only game I plan to even play on the PSP in the future is Kingdom Hearts BBS, and they're not even releasing a digital version of it, so I really don't see a point in getting a Go.

[quote name='momouchi']That would be a major win.[/QUOTE]
You're playing JSRF??!! Absolute win! Such an underrated game...
On topic, this is a sweet deal, but 16gb is not all that much, and what about those who want to buy physical media. It's a no go for me...

Yeah, greatest video game music ever! That song always gets stuck in my head.

The GO could work if they actually gave price breaks on games since they don't give discs, manuals, cases, or have to ship things out. It doesn't seem like the system was well thought out.

Meh, I'm not rebuying Madden 10, MLB the Show 09, NBA 2k10, Monster Hunter Freedom digitally unless I can get an even swap. And even then, I might not, since NHL 07 isnt available digitally. If there was a UMD trade-up program though....

50 trade in credit? Wow, either people stole some of these things or their moms won't let them sell it on eBay. I can't imagine it under $150 for the norm on eBay.

Either way the PSP Go has been a failure and the PSP itself has been a decline throughout the years. Tho they got a lot of fighting love with Soul Calibur and Tekken, and come out with a few great games here and there. A PSP is still worth picking up, but the PSP Go is still forcing you to buy a lot of games at full price since you can't go the used/cheaper router which is why I would avoid getting one for more then $50 (I would grab one at $50 just to have one.)

lmao right man i paid 265 with tax and they want to give me 50 dollars for it. id rather keep it till it dies.

My magic price for the go is $129 (NEW).

This coming from a guy who own a psp2000, 1 x LE 20th anniversary Dissidia from Japan and a Gundam vs Gundam LE also from Japan.

I also own atleast 8 ps1 classic and about 10-15, maybe more, not sure. PSP PSN titles... (enough to justify an all DD system) I should be all over the Go but I am not. IMO it is a major failure.

[quote name='wasabi5858']My magic price for the go is $129 (NEW).

This coming from a guy who own a psp2000, 1 x LE 20th anniversary Dissidia from Japan and a Gundam vs Gundam LE also from Japan.

I also own atleast 8 ps1 classic and about 10-15, maybe more, not sure. PSP PSN titles... (enough to justify an all DD system) I should be all over the Go but I am not. IMO it is a major failure.[/QUOTE]

That's my magic price but the downloadable games need to drop in price and be no higher than $29.99

Sony's PS division are being run by a bunch of idiots. They've done the same mistake 3 times in a row. PSP -> PS3 -> PSP Go. They think just because they slap a Sony logo on the device it'll sell regardless. Ain't happening. That's what hurt the original PSP. A $300 device with $49.99 games you could buy on the PS2 for $19.99 and UMD movies selling for $39.99 you could buy at the time on DVD for $15.

If they had lowered the price of the system and games I bet the PSP would have done a lot better against the DS.

I checked my GS today after seeing this thread browsing my iphone with the gf at dillards, lol. (What a run-on sentence). Anyhoo, they had a white "Gamestop Refurbished" unit for $150. I wanted it sooo bad; but it didn't come with the box and manuals :( So, I decided to sleep on it- I don't need to be spending $150 right now, anyway.

But, out of curiosity, does anyone have any first-hand experiences with GS's refurb'd units?

I tried the PSP Go out when I was at Bestbuy. Personally, I would get it for $150, but the screen size and the button layout I don't like compared to the PSP 2000 or 3000. I will stick with my PSP 2000 and just get a 16 GB stick when it is a little cheaper. At the moment, I am going to wait for the price to fall to the $100 or less range too.

Got a refurbished black one for 149.99 today. It looks like its never been used. Traded in a my broken hinge dslite for $45. So it came to about $112 altogether. Perfect price for the PSPgo.

[quote name='kaydigi']Any downside to buying a used 1000 or 2000 instead of buying a 3000?[/QUOTE]

3000 has a better screen color saturation wise, but you can't really do CFW on it. Plus it's more expensive. I'd get a 2000.

[quote name='DR2K']Got a refurbished black one for 149.99 today. It looks like its never been used. Traded in a my broken hinge dslite for $45. So it came to about $112 altogether. Perfect price for the PSPgo.

3000 has a better screen color saturation wise, but you can't really do CFW on it. Plus it's more expensive. I'd get a 2000.[/QUOTE]

Not really interested in CFW, just want to play

NBA 2K10
Castlevania SOTN
Metal Gear
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
God of War
MAdden 2010

I probably wouldn't get any other games.

1k and 2k share the same screen (might be slight changes in some minor spec interesting only to that 1 person in the world, dunno... i think of them as the same).
3k has its own screen. Brighter with better color saturation.

If anyone tell you about scan line issue, it is safe to ignore it. the 1k/2k screen however suffer horrible ghosting. I am OK with 2k screen, but for me, the 3k screen is just so much better.

3k can be hook up to standard television, 2k can only be hooked up to one with progressive scan.

Body wise, 2k and 3k are the same (some button like start are shaped differently, oval vs. half circle. The D pad are slightly recessed in 3k etc).

1k is the fat version. Some feel that it is better built and offer better grip for playing. It is much bigger tho.

Without needing to put a CFW on it, the 3000 is the way to go imo.

[quote name='kaydigi']Not really interested in CFW, just want to play

NBA 2K10
Castlevania SOTN
Metal Gear
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
God of War
MAdden 2010

I probably wouldn't get any other games.[/QUOTE]

You'll be fine with a PSP 3000, color wise it's better, but a 2000 is cheaper and you'll always have the option to CFW if you want down the line. Although 3K is starting to get cracked. Basically either option is great for you.

I find the 2000 to be better because it has more RAM. I got a PSP for CFW and to use Skype, which I was unable to since the one I bought was a 1000.

$150 for a used PSP Go is way too overpriced...maybe if I could find one new for $75 or preferably less, I'd get it as a collector's novelty item and use one of my PSP 2000 systems for actual gaming. :twisted:

[quote name='wasabi5858']1k and 2k share the same screen (might be slight changes in some minor spec interesting only to that 1 person in the world, dunno... i think of them as the same).
3k has its own screen. Brighter with better color saturation.

If anyone tell you about scan line issue, it is safe to ignore it. the 1k/2k screen however suffer horrible ghosting. I am OK with 2k screen, but for me, the 3k screen is just so much better.

3k can be hook up to standard television, 2k can only be hooked up to one with progressive scan.

Body wise, 2k and 3k are the same (some button like start are shaped differently, oval vs. half circle. The D pad are slightly recessed in 3k etc).

1k is the fat version. Some feel that it is better built and offer better grip for playing. It is much bigger tho.

Without needing to put a CFW on it, the 3000 is the way to go imo.[/QUOTE]

Wow thanks for the info. Why shouldn't I care about the scanlines? There are some bad looking pics floating on the net. I never seen a PSP powered on in person so it's all new to me.

[quote name='kaydigi']Wow thanks for the info. Why shouldn't I care about the scanlines? There are some bad looking pics floating on the net. I never seen a PSP powered on in person so it's all new to me.[/QUOTE]

I have two PSP 3000's and IMO the scan line issue is overblown. Yes they are there if you stop playing the game and just stare at the screen. That's when you'll have a facepalm moment and say, holy crap those are scan lines.

If you're playing a game you won't notice it at all.

[quote name='Interfeci']But you guys, Logitech will be releasing the UMD attachment soon.[/QUOTE]

so that it can be the same as a 3k?

Plus, that is just a rumor for now with the first wind of it from december of last year. How long will it take for the product to get to market if it is true?

Let me see... get a PSP Go, which has a smaller screen and form factor for great portability, but hey! let's add a bulky and presumably ugly UMD drive to the back so it matches the functionality of the 3k for more money, I see the revenue stream now!

[quote name='Rodster']I have two PSP 3000's and IMO the scan line issue is overblown. Yes they are there if you stop playing the game and just stare at the screen. That's when you'll have a facepalm moment and say, holy crap those are scan lines.

If you're playing a game you won't notice it at all.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys.

I'm most likely going to get a 3000 and just return it if the scan lines are really an issue.

[quote name='Interfeci']But you guys, Logitech will be releasing the UMD attachment soon.[/QUOTE]

I consider it vaporware until I see the attachment running. Isn't it a legal issue why they couldn't port UMD disc to digital?

[quote name='kaydigi']Thanks guys.
I consider it vaporware until I see the attachment running. Isn't it a legal issue why they couldn't port UMD disc to digital?[/QUOTE]

I think it has to do with the fact that the developer decides what they want to charge (or make free), or something along those lines.

is the 1000 worthless? My DS is too kiddy for me and even with my R4 I NEVER play it. I'd rather trade for some more adult games on goozex.

1000 worthless if I get it for 100 from GS. 50 dollar ds lite trade?

Got one from my local gamestop. In the morning they had 5 in stock, but by 7pm I picked up the last one. Anyone who wants to get it, must get it now, they are selling out very fast.

[quote name='Full Metal XL']$150 for a used PSP Go is way too overpriced...maybe if I could find one new for $75 or preferably less, I'd get it as a collector's novelty item and use one of my PSP 2000 systems for actual gaming. :twisted:[/QUOTE]

I'd say $150 is very reasonable for portable media/game system with 16gb.

[quote name='DR2K']I'd say $150 is very reasonable for portable media/game system with 16gb.[/QUOTE]

I agree, and its not just a game system, think of it as a 16gb ipod.

[quote name='kart007k']I agree, and its not just a game system, think of it as a 16gb ipod.[/QUOTE]

More like a 16GB iPod Touch with better games overall and expandable memory.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']More like a 16GB iPod Touch with better games overall and expandable memory.[/QUOTE]

I was unaware it has a touch screen.

[quote name='acsguitar']is the 1000 worthless? My DS is too kiddy for me and even with my R4 I NEVER play it. I'd rather trade for some more adult games on goozex.

1000 worthless if I get it for 100 from GS. 50 dollar ds lite trade?[/QUOTE]
No, it would be fine. Go look at the 1000 vs. 2000 vs. 3000 and see which you like. If you want a 1000 it will be harder to find one in better condition. Watch craigslist for psp's. Find them all the time for 50-75 bucks in my area. If your lucky you will find one with CFW for about $100.

bread's done
Back