PSP Go White Used at Gamestop for $150.00

mayonaze03

CAG Veteran
I went to the Gamestop in Westerville Ohio and picked up a white PSP Go for $150.00. For that price, I said OK since I have tons of digital games.
I took a picture. How do I upload it without putting it on a website?

[quote name='DR2K']I'd say $150 is very reasonable for portable media/game system with 16gb.[/QUOTE]

Beyond reasonable.

The Go is a failure, because there's no market for it, and not many people care to be forced into a corner with only downloadable games, but I love how people are constantly babbling, "It's almost as much as a PS3!!!&!(!@($!!!" Yes, well, show me a PS3 that has a screen and fits in my pocket.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Beyond reasonable.

The Go is a failure, because there's no market for it, and not many people care to be forced into a corner with only downloadable games, but I love how people are constantly babbling, "It's almost as much as a PS3!!!&!(!@($!!!" Yes, well, show me a PS3 that has a screen and fits in my pocket.[/QUOTE]

I believe one of the biggest issues I have with the Go is that they don't have the entire game back catalog on PSN. I'm not even sure if Crisis Core is available as a download. Its probably one of the best PSP games out there especially if one is a FFVII fan.

Still a good system system and it has bluetooth which the 3000 doesn't. So you can use your Dualshock 3 with it.

Seriously, how can you have used consoles that never sold in the first place? Owners of those things are rarer than a Nook in a Honda Hybrid.

[quote name='technole']I believe one of the biggest issues I have with the Go is that they don't have the entire game back catalog on PSN. I'm not even sure if Crisis Core is available as a download. Its probably one of the best PSP games out there especially if one is a FFVII fan.

Still a good system system and it has bluetooth which the 3000 doesn't. So you can use your Dualshock 3 with it.[/QUOTE]

They completely fucked up with the Go, and that is definitely one of the reasons why. The whole game fiasco, whether it's only certain games being available or no compensation or program for those that want to upgrade from a UMD-based PSP, is another black eye for Sony.

If they had the whole umd catalog online it would be extremely worth it. But some companies opt-out or there is licensing issues (like lumines). Sony needs to seriously stop allowing opt-outs of whatever they do (in-xmb music and 2008 trophies all over again). It's a beautiful handheld, great space. But if it can't even play all of the games the older version can what's the point? Especially when it can't play alot of the top tier games that came out for the handheld.

[quote name='technole']Still a good system system and it has bluetooth which the 3000 doesn't. So you can use your Dualshock 3 with it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah! and it has tv out so you can play it on your tv! Wow! Oh wait. People are finding 250GB PS3 slims for less than the PSP Go goes for new AND it has tv out AND it uses the DS3 AND there are more games, better support, better graphics, etc, etc, etc infinity

...your sarcastic post would be better if the PS3 fit into your pocket. You're always going to pay for portability, folks. This is like getting annoyed because a weak laptop costs so much compared to a desktop. You can't lug your tower around on the subway or into a McDonalds.

[quote name='Interfeci']I was unaware it has a touch screen.[/QUOTE]

I was unaware that it needed to have a touch screen to be compared to it.

Let's look at the things they have in common:
-Small footprint
-Video playback
-Music playback
-Internet
-Bluetooth
-Games
-TV Out

Let's look at what is different:
-No touchscreen on PSP

How many things does it have in common than it doesn't. So I take it is more like it than it's not.

[quote name='kart007k']Got one from my local gamestop. In the morning they had 5 in stock, but by 7pm I picked up the last one. Anyone who wants to get it, must get it now, they are selling out very fast.[/QUOTE]

there were 5 used ones in stock? wow, that's pretty nice for those who saw the deal and took it. Enjoy it because I am!!

[quote name='acsguitar']is the 1000 worthless? My DS is too kiddy for me and even with my R4 I NEVER play it. I'd rather trade for some more adult games on goozex.

1000 worthless if I get it for 100 from GS. 50 dollar ds lite trade?[/QUOTE]

The 1000 is fine but you can't connect it to a TV. I know that's not important for many since it's a handheld, but I'm an old fart with few travel plans and I get tired of looking at a tiny screen.

Hmmm to turn all the free SBDs into a used PSP Go (since I'm fairly positive that it will be hacked eventually), or save the credit for a B2G1...tough decision

[quote name='wasabi5858']so that it can be the same as a 3k?

Plus, that is just a rumor for now with the first wind of it from december of last year. How long will it take for the product to get to market if it is true?

Let me see... get a PSP Go, which has a smaller screen and form factor for great portability, but hey! let's add a bulky and presumably ugly UMD drive to the back so it matches the functionality of the 3k for more money, I see the revenue stream now![/QUOTE]
On my PSP go the screen is RIDICULOUSLY small compared to my PSP 2000. The controls work slightly better for games because of the new buttons but to be honest, I'd use more it to play occasional games but mainly use it as a "cheaper" music and video player. Buying a $30-40 PSP game that I could never use on anything else leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Now, if I could also play my PSP games on my PS3 (without my PSP!) then I'd be a LOT more comfortable with buying a digital-only device in the future.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']...your sarcastic post would be better if the PS3 fit into your pocket. You're always going to pay for portability, folks. This is like getting annoyed because a weak laptop costs so much compared to a desktop. You can't lug your tower around on the subway or into a McDonalds.[/QUOTE]

Does a DS3 fit in your pocket? People always say "well you can use the DS3 with it!" who the fuck sits a PSP on their lap on the subway or on a table at mcdonalds and then whips out a PS3 controller to play it? My sarcastic post was on point considering my DS3 doesnt fit into my pocket.

The GO is for a new audience, not PSP 2000, 3000 owners, etc.

Needless to say that audience is pretty small. They should have targeted current PSP owners and the new audience by including a way to get your UMD games on it.

I have a huge collection of UMD's and would never even consider the GO.

For those with CFW, you already own a better version of the GO.

The go is a bad, bad idea, and so is buying one.

PSP games are dirt cheap at retail, why would you ever want to pay $40 for a download of a new PSP game?

[quote name='Malik112099']Does a DS3 fit in your pocket? People always say "well you can use the DS3 with it!" who the fuck sits a PSP on their lap on the subway or on a table at mcdonalds and then whips out a PS3 controller to play it? My sarcastic post was on point considering my DS3 doesnt fit into my pocket.[/QUOTE]

Ok, so the PSP Go may very well "fit in a pocket" but that doesn't make the 1000, 2000, or 3000 model any less portable. Besides, I don't know about you, but I don't like putting tech in my pocket - doesn't seem like a good way to take care of it - but to each their own.

Is the PSP Go more compact? Yes. Is that worth a premium over the other PSP models? Not too me. For some the bigger screen of the older ones is a premium feature and reason enough to stick with them.

Also not sure if the Go has a national price drop, but it looks like Newegg is selling new models for 209 and 219 depending on the color.

[quote name='Malik112099']Does a DS3 fit in your pocket? People always say "well you can use the DS3 with it!" who the fuck sits a PSP on their lap on the subway or on a table at mcdonalds and then whips out a PS3 controller to play it? My sarcastic post was on point considering my DS3 doesnt fit into my pocket.[/QUOTE]

Wow, what are you babbling about? You're acting like the use of the DS3 and TV out are somehow meaningless, because they are not portable features. That's pretty silly. Actually, it's beyond silly. This is like saying connecting your laptop to your printer at home is stupid, because you can't lug your printer around. Just because something is portable, that doesn't mean features you can use in your home are automatically useless. I don't know about you, but I actually spend some time in my house. That's why I have one.

[quote name='ccohen322']If this thing is ever hacked I will be all over it. It's not really "stealing" if I play game ISO's of UMD's that I own, right?[/QUOTE]

Well morally I wouldn't call it stealing but legally who knows. I doubt they'd mess with you though

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Wow, what are you babbling about? You're acting like the use of the DS3 and TV out are somehow meaningless, because they are not portable features. That's pretty silly. Actually, it's beyond silly. This is like saying connecting your laptop to your printer at home is stupid, because you can't lug your printer around. Just because something is portable, that doesn't mean features you can use in your home are automatically useless. I don't know about you, but I actually spend some time in my house. That's why I have one.[/QUOTE]

I replied to someone defending the system by using the arguement that you can use your DS3 with it which is a shitty defense for a portable system. The real question is what are YOU babbling about?

[quote name='Malik112099']I replied to someone defending the system by using the arguement that you can use your DS3 with it which is a shitty defense for a portable system. The real question is what are YOU babbling about?[/QUOTE]

The guy was just stating that you can use a DS3 with the Go. I don't think he was trying to "defend" it like you thought he or she was.

IMO, if the GO will ever be successful the screen will have to be bigger, UMDs will have to be converted for discounted DL, or eventually will have to be a phone. When you can get all the other models for less, it doesn't make sense.

This last xmas I bought an original for my son at 79 and he has played the heck out of many of my old games on UMD, plus with the B2G1 that were on, could pick up 3 games for 15-20 bucks, whereas DL are more than that, no thanks.

[quote name='knightsdwn']The guy was just stating that you can use a DS3 with the Go. I don't think he was trying to "defend" it like you thought he or she was.[/QUOTE]

He was pointing out reasons it is better than the 3000.

[quote name='Malik112099']He was pointing out reasons it is better than the 3000.[/QUOTE]

Really? They must have edited the posts then because I don't see how he or she was saying the Go was better than the other iterations of the PSP. All I have read are people listing the pros and cons of each PSP version.

Either way, I think everyone can agree that the Go is an overpriced, poorly conceived device that will most likely go the way of the Virtual Boy.

[quote name='knightsdwn']Really? They must have edited the posts then because I don't see how he or she was saying the Go was better than the other iterations of the PSP.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technole']Still a good system system and it has bluetooth which the 3000 doesn't. So you can use your Dualshock 3 with it.[/QUOTE]

That's how I took it.....everyone needs to chill. Ya'll are getting pretty butt hurt over a system that most people seem to think is pointless and overpriced...

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']Well, I see the Go-Hating Crybabies have turned this thread into garbage.

Congratulations.[/QUOTE]

The PSP Go sucks. :cry:

Seriously? We have a thread devoted to bitching and defending the PSP Go? Oh wait this is the deals thread and as such it's about a used system that had about a $50 price drop. If you don't like it, move along, there's no reason to prove why it's not the hand held for you.

Also, I seriously doubt Sony needs any PSP Go fan or any forum user defending their product, they can rest easy enough on their mountains of money without your support.

Just want to point one thing out. sadly the use of a DS3 on the PSP Go required you to be near your PS3 from what I am told. It may only need to be paired to the Go via the PS3 and then you're done, but I believe it needs to be constantly in the presence of the PS3 to work.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I was unaware that it needed to have a touch screen to be compared to it.

Let's look at the things they have in common:
-Small footprint
-Video playback
-Music playback
-Internet
-Bluetooth
-Games
-TV Out

Let's look at what is different:
-No touchscreen on PSP

How many things does it have in common than it doesn't. So I take it is more like it than it's not.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but you could have compared it to any ipod without a touch screen. I agree with you on everything else, just wondering why the comparison to the touch.

[quote name='Interfeci']Yeah, but you could have compared it to any ipod without a touch screen. I agree with you on everything else, just wondering why the comparison to the touch.[/QUOTE]

It is more like the touch than any other MP3 player that is why. It uses flash memory, not a HDD, it has web browsing and gaming on a big scale, not just little flash games like bejeweled, plus it has bluetooth (not a big deal, but it's nice if you get bluetooth headphones). Oh and it also has speakers which many MP3 players lack.

i just picked on up at gamestop it was refurbished and looks like no one has ever used it, to bad i might have to take it back because i already had 5 psps linked to my ps3

[quote name='haunted hallows']i just picked on up at gamestop it was refurbished and looks like no one has ever used it, to bad i might have to take it back because i already had 5 psps linked to my ps3[/QUOTE]

Trade ya a DS LIte for it :) This is going to be my goal rather then working this week

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Just want to point one thing out. sadly the use of a DS3 on the PSP Go required you to be near your PS3 from what I am told. It may only need to be paired to the Go via the PS3 and then you're done, but I believe it needs to be constantly in the presence of the PS3 to work.[/QUOTE]

You need to pair it up using the PS3 only during the initial pairing. (because the Go lacks a usb port and the DS3 requires USB to pair) Once paired it will work with the controller whenever.

With certain games (Phantasy Star, Monster Hunter) the DS3 plays so much better than the actual PSP controls.

[quote name='Finch106']Anyway I can see if a store has it on the site? There isn't any pre-owned pspgo links.[/QUOTE]

you're better of calling a few stores around your area instead. If they have it just go right away and pick it up, which is what I did. The website does not have it and it's never accurate.

[quote name='gokuofheaven']you're better of calling a few stores around your area instead. If they have it just go right away and pick it up, which is what I did. The website does not have it and it's never accurate.[/QUOTE]

The website has been accurate for me about 90% of the time for the last year. The main reason it is not accurate is the store loses things or customers steal things. The site gets update with the sales and inventory additions every morning (early morning).

[quote name='knightsdwn']The guy was just stating that you can use a DS3 with the Go. I don't think he was trying to "defend" it like you thought he or she was.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Someone pointed out DS3-functionality as a feature, and he felt a need to make some smart ass comment, which added nothing. Funny that he's talking about people being "butt hurt" (very mature) when he's the one going out of his way to bash the thing.

The idea of using a DS3 with the PSP Go strikes me as pretty dang silly. Aside from trying it out for a few minutes just to prove to yourself that it works, why would anyone actually use this feature? You're going to carry your uber-portable Go... and a DS3?

I am kind of interested in the Go at this price, but I think I can wait for it to go lower.

[quote name='crunchewy']The idea of using a DS3 with the PSP Go strikes me as pretty dang silly. Aside from trying it out for a few minutes just to prove to yourself that it works, why would anyone actually use this feature? You're going to carry your uber-portable Go... and a DS3?

I am kind of interested in the Go at this price, but I think I can wait for it to go lower.[/QUOTE]To use at home.
I play my "portable" systems 90% of the time at home.

With TV out, a controller in my hand, and the Go on the table... it's pretty much an updated Super Gameboy.

Ahh - I forgot about the ability to hook the PSP up to a TV. Now it makes sense. In my case it wouldn't be an option, though, as I don't have a PS3.

[quote name='dallow']To use at home.

With TV out, a controller in my hand, and the Go on the table... it's pretty much an updated Super Gameboy.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

[quote name='dallow']To use at home.

With TV out, a controller in my hand, and the Go on the table... it's pretty much an updated Super Gameboy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah....like I said before.....for $50 more you can have your at home experience on a PS3. Why buy a portable if 90% of the time you play it, its at home on a tv?

It doesn't even make sense to spend that much on a portable with shitty support and a lackluster catalogue of games (in comparison to every other current gaming device) to play AT HOME when you can pick up a better system for around the same price or less. That is like buying an expensive car and then 90% of the time you use it is in the garage listening to the radio talking about how great the brakes are.

[quote name='Malik112099']Yeah....like I said before.....for $50 more you can have your at home experience on a PS3. Why buy a portable if 90% of the time you play it, its at home on a tv?

It doesn't even make sense to spend that much on a portable with shitty support and a lackluster catalogue of games (in comparison to every other current gaming device) to play AT HOME when you can pick up a better system for around the same price or less. That is like buying an expensive car and then 90% of the time you use it is in the garage listening to the radio talking about how great the brakes are.[/QUOTE]
Lackluster catalog of games is completely subjective, not to mention there are a number of games on the PSP that aren't available on other systems or only "inferior" versions are available on other systems.

Who cares where a system is played so long as you get use out of it and feel it is worth the money.

Why criticize someone for how they choose to use a system they paid for? Maybe they already have a PS3.

I just bought a PSP-3000, and will probably use it mostly at home or at least 50% of the time I probably will. I also have a PS3, 360, Wii, etc.

It's also nothing like buying an expensive car because the the PSP is nowhere near the same class of cost (even %-wise). Not to mention you just said you'd have to spend more for a better system (It's not $50 more than the $150 used price of the Go by the way). Your example not only is flawed, but it sucks. I guarantee for most people their cars don't get used 90% of the time anyway, if someone used the radio in the garage while they weren't driving it, that is more use than most people get.

[quote name='Malik112099']Yeah....like I said before.....for $50 more you can have your at home experience on a PS3. Why buy a portable if 90% of the time you play it, its at home on a tv?

It doesn't even make sense to spend that much on a portable with shitty support and a lackluster catalogue of games (in comparison to every other current gaming device) to play AT HOME when you can pick up a better system for around the same price or less. That is like buying an expensive car and then 90% of the time you use it is in the garage listening to the radio talking about how great the brakes are.[/QUOTE]

I own a PS3 and a PSP and sometimes I am more in the mood to play a PSP game than a PS3 one. How is it a bad thing to play it on my TV with my 7.1 sound system (yeah I know it isn't true 7.1, but it's still better than the PSP speakers) sitting on my couch using a full feature wireless controller? When I am done playing it at home I can simply disconnect it from the dock/cable and play it in the car, at a doctors office, at work breaks, wherever I choose and I get to continue my progress. Think of it less of a portable handheld and more of a portable console that fits in your pocket.

Using your logic here is an example about iPods/MP3 players. Some people use them at home hooked to their stereos or alarm clocks or whatever. Why not just get a media center PC hooked up to it? It seems dumb to use a portable music player mainly at home. Riiiight? Oh wait no it doesn't...the MP3 player is portable and slightly cheaper than a media center PC.

You're simply trying to flame peoples choices because you do not share them which I find rather funny because you think it is somehow a competition and you need to make everyone else feel dumb or something just for you to "win". Live and let live, different strokes for different folks, etc etc. What we choose to do with our things is our choice, I just hope people enjoy their products any way they can, if you buy something and dislike it for WHATEVER reason then get rid of it, but if you use it in a unconventional way but still enjoy it then I say more power to ya.

[quote name='pjb16']Lackluster catalog of games is completely subjective, not to mention there are a number of games on the PSP that aren't available on other systems or only "inferior" versions are available on other systems.

Who cares where a system is played so long as you get use out of it and feel it is worth the money.

Why criticize someone for how they choose to use a system they paid for? Maybe they already have a PS3.

I just bought a PSP-3000, and will probably use it mostly at home or at least 50% of the time I probably will. I also have a PS3, 360, Wii, etc.

It's also nothing like buying an expensive car because the the PSP is nowhere near the same class of cost (even %-wise). Not to mention you just said you'd have to spend more for a better system (It's not $50 more than the $150 used price of the Go by the way). Your example not only is flawed, but it sucks. I guarantee for most people their cars don't get used 90% of the time anyway, if someone used the radio in the garage while they weren't driving it, that is more use than most people get.[/QUOTE]

Lol...yeah that comparison/example kinda fell flat, I am sure maybe it sounded good in his head. Nothing like going on a deal thread but only reading people posting their many opinions that no one else gives a shit about. Throw in a post to give a positive or negative once, but to continue to argue and shit on everyone elses posts...yeah. Anyways, great find to the OP. Especially if the thing is in good shape w/o scratches. It isn't for everyone, but it is a great deal for people who want one...which is why I would think many people would look at this thread, but that seems to not be the case.

bread's done
Back