Reduced Price Game Guides: Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, let me welcome you all to the new guide thread. Second, I'd like to ask you all to please keep conversations not pertaining to guide drops to a minimum to avoid cluttering the thread. It's not that I don't enjoy the chit chat, but that it may stop others from locating information on the newest drops.

That being said, let me thank Cheapy for creating this site, without which I would've spent probably 10 times what I HAVE spent on games and guides. Moreover, let me thank each and every one of my fellow CAGs for continuing to contribute to making this site a great place to find out about sales and clearances of the items we as gamers use most. Without a great community, NONE of this would be possible.

Now, with that out of the way(and before I get to rambling), let's get on to making this new thread.

Useful Information(and links):

Game Guide Trade Thread(KEEP ALL TRADE REQUESTS HERE OR IN PM'S):

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175548

PLEASE keep ALL trade requests in there or PM's. Thank you.

Reduced Price Guide Discussion Thread(KEEP ALL DISCUSSION NOT RELATED TO GUIDE DROPS HERE!!!):

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169252

What is the purpose of this thread?

The purpose of this thread is to let our fellow CAGs know when a guide has dropped to a low price(it's NOT ALWAYS A PENNY), so they can go out and grab guides for themselves and for trading with other CAGs.

Anytime you have guide drops to report, post them here. Please specify at which store you found them and which guides you found and list them in alphabetical order. Thank you. Please, whenever possible, use RED font to make the drop info stand out. Thanks again.

What are penny guides?

Penny guides are guides which have been on the market for a while and the publisher(or store chain) decide that the remaining stock of these guides have little to no chance of selling, so they issue an order to pull them from the shelves and destroy them. At that time, they are also marked as .01 in their inventory system, except in the case of BBV, which marks them .01 only AFTER pulling them.

Most stores have an agreement with the publisher that states that if they destroy the remaining stock of those items, they will receive a credit for their value from the publisher. This is why many stores are usually annoyed when we CAGs come in and buy the guides AT the penny price, since otherwise they would've received a credit for those items.

According to an employee at a local BB, they also have a recycling program for the pennied stock, so as to not clutter landfill space with the guides. As to how true it is, I cannot confirm, but I would hope that the paper is at least recycled instead of just dumpstered.

Prior Reduced price game guide threads:

Guide Three:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...ighlight=guide
Guide Four:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/....php?p=1496376
Guide Five:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...ad.php?t=85976
Guide Six:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=116918
Guide Seven:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=131717
Guide Seven and a half:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=142400
Guide Eight:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=167157
Guide Nine:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=187222
Guide Ten:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219547

Finally, below is a list of website links, each of which goes to their respective guide page. Whenever possible, I will update the links with better ones(if available).

Amazon
Barnes&Noble
BestBuy
Gamestop
Overstock
Strategyguides.net
ToysRUs

Thanks to floormat, Guinaevere and anyone else who has created and maintained the guide thread before, as well as to all of those who find out either advance information on drops or provide a list of which ones dropped when we do have a drop.

The post below this one contains a list going back at LEAST six months of the more current guide drops, which stores they occured at and which ones dropped. Note that sometimes(Oblivion guide, Quake Wars: Enemy Territory)there are multiple versions of a guide, be it that there are Prima versions, Brady versions and the occasional Nintendo and Doublejump guides.

Please specify WHICH version has dropped when mentioning possible guide drops. Thank you.

Common Guide Drop Related Questions(FAQ):

FAQ - If you are new (or a vet with a few questions) look here SECOND! (After reading the above!)

Q: What Are Penny Guides?
A: Penny guides are guides which have been on the market for a while and the publisher(or store chain) decide that the remaining stock of these guides have little to no chance of selling, so they issue an order to pull them from the shelves and destroy them. At that time, they are also marked as .01 in their inventory system, except in the case of BBV, which marks them .01 only AFTER pulling them.

Most stores have an agreement with the publisher that states that if they destroy the remaining stock of those items, they will receive a credit for their value from the publisher. This is why many stores are usually annoyed when we CAGs come in and buy the guides AT the penny price, since otherwise they would've received a full credit for those items.

According to an employee at a local BB, they also have a recycling program for the pennied stock, so as to not clutter landfill space with the guides. As to how true it is, I cannot confirm, but I would hope that the paper is at least recycled instead of just dumpstered.

Q: Do all guides from all stores drop at the same time?
A: No. While most chains have nationwide drops within their own store (as in every BB will have the same drops coast to coast), not every different chain drops at the same time (what drops at BB is NOT necessarily dropped at GS). When in doubt, check post TWO for drop info.

Q: I found a penny guide and a clerk denied me! I'ma report 'em!
A: Whoa, hold your horses there, pardner! First of all, not a question. Second, just because something is on the shelf, the clerk does NOT have to sell you that item. Most stores are PRIVATE property and as such can deny you just about anything they want - including a sale. The best advice is to not be rude, not be arrogant, and just try hard to get them to have pity on you.

Q: Why don't the clerks want to sell me their penny guides? Aren't they just throwing them away?
A: As stated above, the stores are ordered by the publisher to trash the guides, and are then given credit for those guides. If they don't do this, the publisher won't give them the credit - it's like losing a sale. On the employee level, selling a penny guide can sometimes get them in trouble (or even fired!) I know it seems silly, but this is their job we're talking about! Respect the man (or woman) behind the counter and you'll get a lot more guides than otherwise!

Q: Should I just ask if the store has penny guides then?
A: No, since that denotes that you have some insider information as to the runnings of these businesses.

Q: What if the clerk wants to know how I know so much about guide drops?
A: If asked where you got your info about guides that pennied, simply say either 'the internet' or 'a friend of mine told me they're on clearance'.

Q: But clerks will know what a penny guide is, right? I can talk to them like anyone else here...
A: Never use the word pennied to ANY store clerks unless you have built up a good rapport with them. Even then, it may seem a little fishy if you know more about their shop than they do.

Q: Are guides labeled as a penny on the shelf?
A: Sometimes. Most times, no. GS seems to label everything that gets a price drop, so often times guides will be stickered. But even so, they most likely won't sell them to you. A sticker does not mean 'have to sell'.

Q: I tried to buy a guide that this thread said was pennied and it didn't ring up as such! What gives?
A: Either 1) Our source was wrong (this rarely happens and is usually verified a FEW times within maybe an hour of posting), or 2) The clerk changed the price. It's usually number 2.

Q: What's the easiest way to get penny guides? This sounds like TONS of work!
A: Best Buy is probably the best place to get guides, followed by GameStop, GameCrazy, Toys R Us and then Blockbuster. From what I've seen though, probably 95% of guides that people get are snagged at BB - the rest come from the other stores. But it never hurts to try!

Q: Has there been a drop recently?
A: If you are asking this question you didn't fully understand the OP - go back and read it once more. When a drop happens, it will be posted, and then placed in the second post - trust us.

Q: How do you guys know so much about penny guides?
A: We sometimes have inside sources with the information from the stores themselves; other times, fellow CAGS just like you or me simply take suspected guides to the register and ask them to ring them up, to check their prices. Feel free to do this yourself, and help give back to the community by telling us what you find! However, DON'T ask "Has anyone checked XXX lately?", unless you are in the right thread (discussion area).

Thanks to GrilledWitOnions for creating the above FAQ, which should eliminate the need for such questions popping up in the thread from this point on out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally. Went to another BB store and scored 15 guides in total:

Assassin;s Creed 2 LE
ZElda LE
God of War
Prince of Persia
Just Cause 2
Bioshock 2
COD 2 MW
Super Street fighter 4

My question is: Mario galaxy 2 LE is 1 cent? I did not want to scan this guide without being 100% sure.

Thanks

Got lots of guide

5o plus in total

AC 2 LE - 4
ME2 LE - 2
LOZ: Spirit Track LE - 12
MGS Peace Walker -4
Batman AA - 1
Dante Inferno - 1
COD MW2 - 4
Bioshock 2 - 2
Uncharted 2 - 1
Borderland - 1
UFC 2010 - 1
Nier - 1
Tom Clancy: Splinter cell - 6
GOW 3 - 2
GoW Collection - 3
PoP: Forgotten Sands - 2
Super Street Fighter 4 - 1
Just Cause 2 - 1
Nier - 1
Lego Indiana Jones 2 - 1
Alan Wake - 2

I got only one of the guides I wanted (about 6). I didn't want to flag anyone. BB cashier was already confused that they were all rang up at $.01. I tried to avoid any extra attention. I'd never try to do what Maniac Mansion did (grabbing 50). But kudos to him!

[quote name='GuardianE']This made me laugh. C'mon, really? You're not fooling anyone there. Madworld cost, what... $15? $20 with Bestbuy's overpriced used values? 50 guides ringing up for 50 cents or $20.50 doesn't really make a huge difference.[/QUOTE]

Nice way to assume there. :roll:

BTW no, it was $9.99. I had a $26 GC anyways, so it was no money out of pocket.

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']Nice way to assume there. :roll:

BTW no, it was $9.99. I had a $26 GC anyways, so it was no money out of pocket.[/QUOTE]

What am I assuming exactly? That someone with half a brain would realize that 50 guides don't usually cost $10.50?

What I'm trying to say is, you would have gotten those 50 guides with or without Madworld. I just found it funny that even though you planned on returning the item anyway, you didn't go for a higher priced item that would actually mask your purchase more.

Thanks lox. Got what I wanted, and did not hoard. Have 1 or two single extra for trades, but that's for the trade thread.

Not directed at CAGs like Visc, who are proven to help others when they miss out. Thanks.

Bah. I knew I should have gone yesterday to hide the few that I wanted. I'll check after work, but I'm not counting on finding anything.

Thanks anyway for the heads up lox!

Wanted Alan Wake, Dante's, Splintercell, and MW2. Got Wake(1), Dante's(1), Super Streetfigher 4(1), Assassins Creed 2 CE(1), Mass Effect 2 CE(2), and Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks CE(3). An employee actually helped me get 2 of the 4 I was looking for, as some were pulled in the back.

[quote name='confoosious']Nobody wants your details about hoarding 67 guides.

Some people just want one guide and can't get it because.... i better stop here.[/QUOTE]

These weren't in the front of the store, and I was gonna offer a lot of them to people who missed out here, but if you're going to act like that then why should I even try to be nice?

Hit up secaucus and they prepulled. The pulled guides are "hidden" behind the guide rack. If you're sneaky you can easily grab a couple, but the employee there watched me like a hawk.

Hope you nj cags enjoy this info. One more store to check out.

[quote name='confoosious']whatever you say. Go ahead, offer them up. Even the good ones. I assume you're selling at cost of shipping?[/QUOTE]Actually, I do have to point out that there are multiple CAGs that post in this thread regularly that do share the love to their fellow CAGs. Visc has hooked me up multiple times with guides from BB, and he's not the only one. I return the favor when I can, though when it comes to BB guides, it's not been anything I can do unless I get very very lucky. GS guides, haven't seen any there in multiple years. Visc does sell them to me at a fair price, money spent for time to get guides plus shipping, so I never feel that he's trying to rip me off.

There are CAGs that do grab multiples to sell/trade to other CAGs, and I wouldn't have half of what I have at home for a guide collection had it not been for the generosity of other CAGs. There are also CAGs that do grab them to sell on eBay, though that happens with every single kind of discounted item.

In fact, I hit one BB at 10:02AM and there were gaps for guides that were on the drop list, so that was a waste. More proof that the St. Louis BB stores are pulling guides pre-open or the weekend/day before.

[quote name='shrike4242']Actually, I do have to point out that there are multiple CAGs that post in this thread regularly that do share the love to their fellow CAGs. Visc has hooked me up multiple times with guides from BB, and he's not the only one. I return the favor when I can, though when it comes to BB guides, it's not been anything I can do unless I get very very lucky. GS guides, haven't seen any there in multiple years. Visc does sell them to me at a fair price, money spent for time to get guides plus shipping, so I never feel that he's trying to rip me off.

There are CAGs that do grab multiples to sell/trade to other CAGs, and I wouldn't have half of what I have at home for a guide collection had it not been for the generosity of other CAGs. There are also CAGs that do grab them to sell on eBay, though that happens with every single kind of discounted item.

In fact, I hit one BB at 10:02AM and there were gaps for guides that were on the drop list, so that was a waste. More proof that the St. Louis BB stores are pulling guides pre-open or the weekend/day before.[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

[quote name='Visc']Thank you.[/QUOTE]No problem. You're not the only one in here that helps to share the love with guide drops, though you were the one being singled out at the moment.

I wanted to make sure that some people understood that it's not all "grab dem shitz and off to eBay we go!" SD mentality in here.

If Visc is a good guy shipping them at cost, then I commend him.

I just hate hearing about people grabbing 50+ guides cause "they're gonna pull them anyway so I grabbed what I could." I don't think i have 50 guides with no duplicates.

So lame. Just leave em there and maybe someone else can get lucky. 1 cent is still much cheaper than the $3-4 to ship media mail for heavy guides. guide thrones are not coo.

I only picked up 1 of each, except for Mass Effect 2 LE which I will be using to get something else from the previous drop, hopefully.

I probally should have "grabbed dem shitz" because as I was walking to the checkout with my guides, I saw the BB employee pull up to the rack to start pulling. Shame too, because there was still a few ME2: LE's and others. So in an instance, like that, I could justify the > 50 purchase...not that I could do that. Just happy to get what I can.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']My local BB didn't pull any guides, but when I tried to get a copy of Zelda Hardcover, it rang up at full price.

I'll try again at another store later.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure you got the right one? THat's very odd. I'm 99.9% sure BB drops are universal. It's just a matter of finding them.

[quote name='confoosious']If Visc is a good guy shipping them at cost, then I commend him.

I just hate hearing about people grabbing 50+ guides cause "they're gonna pull them anyway so I grabbed what I could." I don't think i have 50 guides with no duplicates.

So lame. Just leave em there and maybe someone else can get lucky. 1 cent is still much cheaper than the $3-4 to ship media mail for heavy guides. guide thrones are not coo.[/QUOTE]Yes, he does do them at cost + his time + shipping. No question there.

There are people that do grab guides in those numbers because they're being pulled at that moment, or they know that other CAGs would need them. I've grabbed multiples before, especially when I know other CAGs need/want them, though not in the the numbers you mention above. Plus, grabbing multiples can be a red flag to a store to pull guides when they don't know what's going on. It's a balancing act.

As an aside, I do have more than 50 guides without duplicates. Quite a few more.

[quote name='Number83']I only picked up 1 of each, except for Mass Effect 2 LE which I will be using to get something else from the previous drop, hopefully.

I probally should have "grabbed dem shitz" because as I was walking to the checkout with my guides, I saw the BB employee pull up to the rack to start pulling. Shame too, because there was still a few ME2: LE's and others. So in an instance, like that, I could justify the > 50 purchase...not that I could do that. Just happy to get what I can.[/QUOTE]Are you sure Mrs. #83 would let you spend the money on >50 guides? ;)

When BB reps start pulling guides, it's worth trying to grab a couple extras for trading purposes, especially hardback / LE guides. Sometimes, you can, other times, you can't. Good to hear you did score some.

[quote name='confoosious']Are you sure you got the right one? THat's very odd. I'm 99.9% sure BB drops are universal. It's just a matter of finding them.[/QUOTE]BB has done mistakes in their drops, they've also dropped some guides on day 1 and other ones a day or two later. Unless there's some mistake, it's likely that it might drop tomorrow or won't drop at all.

I own 69 guides, no duplicates. I've only gotten 5 of those for either a penny (Quantum of Solice, Mirror's Edge, God of War 3 CE) or free (Fallout NV last week and FF XIII because of Walmart.com's screwup)

I wish the stores around here were as lax as the ones the Ragtag CAG's have in Texas and Colorado where they put the guides out with a $.01 price tag. Shrike is the only one who has any luck and you just have to hope you can catch something at Best Buy because you have NO CHANCE at the South St. Louis County Gamestop's.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I own 69 guides, no duplicates. I've only gotten 5 of those for either a penny (Quantum of Solice, Mirror's Edge, God of War 3 CE) or free (Fallout NV last week and FF XIII because of Walmart.com's screwup)

I wish the stores around here were as lax as the ones the Ragtag CAG's have in Texas and Colorado where they put the guides out with a $.01 price tag. Shrike is the only one who has any luck and you just have to hope you can catch something at Best Buy because you have NO CHANCE at the South St. Louis County Gamestop's.[/QUOTE]

I can tell you from experience that the Galveston, TX one will freak out if they find out they left stuff on the shelf.

[quote name='shrike4242']
Are you sure Mrs. #83 would let you spend the money on >50 guides? ;)

[/QUOTE]

Shhhhh...If I can sneak them in from the garage when she's asleep, she'll be none the wiser. I'd use $.50 from my secret fund she pretends she doesn't know about. :D

[quote name='MSUHitman']I own 69 guides, no duplicates. I've only gotten 5 of those for either a penny (Quantum of Solice, Mirror's Edge, God of War 3 CE) or free (Fallout NV last week and FF XIII because of Walmart.com's screwup)

I wish the stores around here were as lax as the ones the Ragtag CAG's have in Texas and Colorado where they put the guides out with a $.01 price tag. Shrike is the only one who has any luck and you just have to hope you can catch something at Best Buy because you have NO CHANCE at the South St. Louis County Gamestop's.[/QUOTE]When it comes to Best Buy, it's been hard for the last 6+ months for St. Louis BB drops, since there's been some pretty religious pulls going on before they drop. There's 3 BBs I can hit on the way home from work (Crestwood, Fenton and South County) and the only one that usually leaves any behind is Crestwood.

I hit Bridgeton this morning at 10:02AM and it was picked clean, probably from pulls from the night before or this morning pre-open.

Gamestops, let's not even talk about those, as I've seen nothing along the 270 corridor (Fenton, South County, West County Mall, South County Mall) have them in multiple years.

[quote name='Number83']Shhhhh...If I can sneak them in from the garage when she's asleep, she'll be none the wiser. I'd use $.50 from my secret fund she pretends she doesn't know about. :D[/QUOTE]If you can sneak in 50 guides at once, you've been doing a little weight lifting. :lol:

Total was 58 between two stores. List to come once I clear out my PM box. (currently at about 96% full, so I know people would PM me even if I request they don't)

None are for fleabay or anything, they are either for me or CAGs.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Garden state plaza bby was prepulled. Don't bother.[/QUOTE]

They won't sell them to you even if they failed to pull them. It's a new policy according to the manager.

Got doubles of some for a friend. Left a lot there, too, for someone who comes after me or for the inventory team to pull, whichever comes first:

[IMG-C=144]18946[/IMG-C]
[IMG-C=144]18945[/IMG-C]

Is it just me, or does it seem like more people are finding them this time? This is by far the most I have ever found.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Hit up secaucus and they prepulled. The pulled guides are "hidden" behind the guide rack. If you're sneaky you can easily grab a couple, but the employee there watched me like a hawk.

I'm also looking to buy ac2 le guide so if anyone has an extra, pm me![/QUOTE]

I was wondering why they were behind the rack. I was there Saturday and never thought to check them since they weren't on the list. :whistle2:(

[quote name='Pookymeister']Might go back to see if they pulled yet, there were a few high CAG wants there i only grabbed a copy of initially.[/QUOTE]

Nope, were pulled by the 2nd trip. Should've "grabbed dem shitz" while i could. Will try to hit up the one on the way home tonight.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Hit up secaucus and they prepulled. The pulled guides are "hidden" behind the guide rack. If you're sneaky you can easily grab a couple, but the employee there watched me like a hawk.

[quote name='RallyV']I was wondering why they were behind the rack. I was there Saturday and never thought to check them since they weren't on the list. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

The guides were behind the rack because the employee didn't see them during the pre-pull or pull.

Here's my haul:
Alan Wake 2
Assassins Creed II LE 4 (one is mine)
Batman AA (mine)
Bioshock 2 3 (one is mine)
Borderlands
Dantes Inferno (already taken by shrike)
God of War Collection
God of War III 2
Iron Man 2
Just Cause 2 3
Kane & Lynch 2
Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks CE 2
Lego Indy Jones 2
Mass Effect 2 CE 2 (one is mine)
MGS Peace Walker 4 (one is mine)
Modern Warfare 2 (MINE!)
NCAA Football 11 3 (one is mine)
Neir
PoP Forgotten Sands (already taken by shrike)
Sims 3 Ambitions
Sims 3 World Adventure 2
Splinter Cell Conviction 4(one is mine, one is shrike's)
Star Ocean Last Hope International 2
Transformers Cybertron
UFC Undisputed 10
Uncharted 2 3
White Knight Chronicles 5
World of Warcraft Dungeon Companion III 4

All are open to CAGs, unless noted elsewise.

figured we could all use a picture to make the day right, and since we're talking about multiples (yes I did it for CAG!) then I'm not so worried ;)

I feel bad about my seat and the guides at the bottom...i'll be heading to the trade forums in just a bit. super busy now that I was gone for almost 2 hours during lunch.

Thanks Lox and everyone else who verified. I was able to pick up most of the guides I wanted an a couple extra for trading. The young lady at the register was nice (and cute too), and didn't even flinch when they all rang up $0.01. She proceeded to tell me how good of a deal I was getting and that another guy had come in earlier and picked up a few.

Triangle area CAG'ers, I got my guides at the Cary, NC BB around 12:30p. There were still a TON of recently pennied guides left on the shelf including:

Assassins Creed LE (at least 4 left)
Batman AA (2 or 3 left)
Bioshock 2 (3 or 4 left)
GOW Collection (2)
GOW 3 (2)
Mass Effect 2 LE (at least 5 left)
Uncharted 2 (4 or 5 left)
White Knight Chronicles (2 or 3 left)
Zelda: Spirit Tracks LE (2 or 3 left)

There may be a few more that I didn't notice. Happy Hunting.

Its nice to see so many success stories this time around. Unfortunatly Im stuck at work today so I'm hoping to pull off a few trades for the ones I have interest in...

[quote name='causticpork']Got a decent little haul from the 2 stores I usually hit and also met another cag! Pretty good day! Hey jedijames, that cashier was awestruck![/QUOTE]

Did you get the same cashier I had, younger guy at the first register? Yeah, he couldn't believe they all were .01 each lol. Also said he planned to grab some Spirt Tracks guides himself (can't really blame him). Did start to get a little nervous through when he started gleefully telling his manager who walked up about the guides but she didn't seem to mind.

[quote name='Visc']Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Visc I commend you. My store had been prepulled, so if you have a few guides to spare, would love to see your list. I have a couple I'm particularly interested in obtaining.
specifically, Peace Walker, Uncharted 2 and ACII LE

Mine were on the infamous cart, not to be pulled, but to be moved over to the clearance rack. BB Dude pulling them said "these are a penny, have at it".

Wanted and bought:
Assassin's Creed II LE
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Borderlands
Just Cause 2
Legend Of Zelda: Spirit Tracks LE
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Wanted but they did not have:
God Of War Collection
Mass Effect 2 LE
NCAA Football 11
Transformers: War For Cybertron

They had, but I did not want:
Alan Wake
Dante's Inferno
Lego Indiana Jones 2
Prince Of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Super Street Fighter IV
The Sims 3: Ambitions
The Sims 3: World Adventures
UFC Undisputed 2010
World Of Warcraft Dungeon Companion Volume 3

Just picked up a bunch of guides as well

Alan Wake X2
Assassins Creed 2 LE X7
Bioshock 2
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 X2
God of War X2
Just Casue 2
LOZ: Spirit Tracks LE X2
Mass Effect 2 LE X4
Metal Gear Solid: Peacewaker
POP: Forgotten Sands
Star Ocean: Last Hope International
Super Street Fighter 4
UFC Undisputed 2010 X3
Uncharted 2
White Knight Chronicles
Red Steel 2

[quote name='kill3r7']They won't sell them to you even if they failed to pull them. It's a new policy according to the manager.[/QUOTE]

That's just bullshit IMO. I haven't been there since the huge drop in February or sometime around there. That was the last time I ever found guides there.

[quote name='Readthepost']The guides were behind the rack because the employee didn't see them during the pre-pull or pull.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. The guides behind the rack were Halo: reach guides and the rest were all the pennied out guides, so I'm pretty sure they prepulled them, but were just too lazy to move them to the back room. I know the back room in that store is all the way across the store, so that might be why they didn't want to move them.

[quote name='nixmahn']Anyone else finding tons of

Assassin's Creed II LE
The Legend Of Zelda: Spirit Tracks LE

or is it just me? What's the deal?[/QUOTE]

No :(. There was only one store around here with the ACII LE guides, but they pulled everything. I only found one LoZ LE too. ACII was the guide I was most interested in too. I was actually planning on just buying it from the store this week, but I guess that didn't work. Like always, my timing sucks.

[quote name='trunks982']i guess Alan Wake is the regular edition?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. The CE pennied out 1 week ago? Or was it 2? (Edit - It was actually 3 weeks. I really can't tell time...)

So, here it is for all Bergen County CAGs.

Paramus Park - Pulled and dead. They didn't have much anyway.
Garden State Plaza - Pulled :(
Secaucus - Guides hidden behind the guide rack. You can easily ninja one or two away.
Wayne - Pulled :(

[quote name='DarkRider23']

I'm pretty sure the Secaucus BB had about 3-4 copies of AC2 LE when I was there Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back