Right Stuf Geneon Remix Sale (DEAD)

furyk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
www.rightstuf.com Geneon DVDs. Click on the search that says Geneon Remix in the top right corner to see what's in the sale and what isn't.

10 for $50 Coupon Code: REMIX10
25 for $100 Coupon Code: REMIX25

You must have the specified amount of DVDs for this to work.

Suggestions? Need filler? Here's some DVDs.

1 DVD Filler: Akira Deluxe Edition, Artimage Double Pack, Patlabor Movie 3 XIII LE, Para Para Mix 1, 2, 3 (CDs) Yuki Kaijura's Fiction (CD, she does all the music for .Hack, Noir, etc...), either Hellsing soundtrack.
2 DVD Filler: Magical Project S 1-2
3 DVD Filler: Tsukihime Lunar Legend 1-3, Someday's Dreamer 1-3

Other series suggestions:
Legend of Black Heaven: 1-4
Paranoia Agent: 1-4
New Getter Robo (with artbox): 1-4
Read or Die TV: 1-7
Gungrave: 1-7
Last Exile: 1-7 (with CD or artbox & figure)
Fighting Spirit: 1-13, 15 (Missing volume 14)

Need a different suggestion (or want me to add one), ask in the thread!

[quote name='harunim']Anyone know how long the shipping takes once USPS picks up from their shop?

I am in CA by the way. Thanks![/QUOTE]

If you actually paid for Priority Shipping, you should see your box the day after you get the shipping confirm email (possibly the day after that.)

If you went for free economy shipping (and I'm sure you did), it varies quite a bit. I've found from stuff coming to me that it's anywhere from 3 to 10 days.

Of course, this is all dependant on your Post Office's habits too.

I received my missing R.O.D. volumes yesterday and Mahoromatic Summer Speical just shipped today. Now all I have to wait for is my last 25 for $100 order. The only thing that is holding that up seems to be Doki Doki School and vol. 14 of Fighting Spirit.

Waiting on 6 items, one of those still is Fighting Spirit 14, which probably most of us who ordered it are waiting for.

[quote name='guinaevere']Still waiting on every order. Five and one-half weeks now. :applause:[/QUOTE]

I was wondering, If some items are "reserved for your order" Im sure you can ask them nicely to rearrange the orders so they can ship you something at least.

out of those 5 order, im sure at least 1/4 of those are actually there with them. If my math serves me correctly, that means that thats at least 1 box full of stuff coming your way, right?

I did send them an email over the weekend. And a nice girl (forgot her name) replied on Monday that they're going to gather what they do have and ship that (ie, partials).

Despite my attitude in the above post, I really am not bothered. It's a great sale, and the shipping is free. I don't want to start having them rack up costs by making extra shipments, because then the prices will start to go up. Plus, I am a patient person.

I just like to complain.

[quote name='guinaevere']I did send them an email over the weekend. And a nice girl (forgot her name) replied on Monday that they're going to gather what they do have and ship that (ie, partials).

Despite my attitude in the above post, I really am not bothered. It's a great sale, and the shipping is free. I don't want to start having them rack up costs by making extra shipments, because then the prices will start to go up. Plus, I am a patient person.

I just like to complain.[/QUOTE]

Great post. All items ordered from this sale were received and accounted for by me.

I will say that I'm surprised the DVD forum deals aren't as heavily moved to the Graveyard as the game deals.

lol, I'm waiting on one disk each now from my 2 remaining orders. Fighting Spirits 14 from one, and Stylvia vol 1 w/ box for the other. :p I have plenty to watch still, so I'm in no hurry, but it is kinda amusing. ;)

[quote name='argyle']Stylvia vol 1 w/ box for the other. [/QUOTE]

Me too. Hope I get it, I bought it for the box, and traded my original Stellvia 1 in at FYE.
I guess if they totally run out and it's OOP, as long as I get another S1, I'll be somewhat satisfied. I hate not having complete sets.

[quote name='argyle']
:p I have plenty to watch still, so I'm in no hurry, but it is kinda amusing. ;)[/QUOTE]

Ditto :)
I fully expect to wait for free shipping, and they are collecting a bunch of items, but this wait is much longer than my previous orders last time they had this sale. They have great service the few times I've had to contact them, so I know they're trying to do the right thing, both for their customers and their business.
Plus I need to buy another rack or something, figure out a place to put 50 more dvds. I've got my Twilight Zone Complete and Red Dwarf Complete from the DDD sale on the fireplace mantel, and the wife doesn't like that.

[quote name='dtcarson']Me too. Hope I get it, I bought it for the box, and traded my original Stellvia 1 in at FYE.[/quote]

I just got a shipping notification on Stellvia 1+ box, still waiting on Mahoromatic Summer Special. Do you know how much you got for your original Stellvia?

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Great post. All items ordered from this sale were received and accounted for by me.[/quote]Oh, I see. So YOU have my orders. :lol:

It's been crazy, everytime they get one DVD in for my orders they send the one DVD. And then I read people haven't received anything. I've gotten at least 6 boxes from them for 2 orders.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']It's been crazy, everytime they get one DVD in for my orders they send the one DVD. And then I read people haven't received anything. I've gotten at least 6 boxes from them for 2 orders.[/quote]

Maybe it is based on geographic location?

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Maybe it is based on geographic location?[/QUOTE]
Perhaps. Here's hoping tomorrow I'll get a notice my Stellvia 1 w/ box shipped, though I'm still waiting on 3 ROD dvds. Stellvia is the one I really wanted to get started with watching when I made my purchase.

[quote name='Reira']I just got a shipping notification on Stellvia 1+ box, still waiting on Mahoromatic Summer Special. Do you know how much you got for your original Stellvia?[/QUOTE]

Oh, like five bucks. Not much, I just wanted to recoup the cost of the box version and "upgrade" for free (without hassling with ebay or amazon marketplace.) Still, I paid four for it, so I "made" money :).
I'm actually about to finish Stellvia, I have three episodes to go. I've enjoyed it, but I'm about ready for it to be over (so I can start something else).

I've had nothing ship yet. Most of the items are Reserved For Your Order but I've still got 3 or 4 on each order saying On Order from Manufacturer.

Might cancel my order if I dont hear something in the next 2 weeks. Too many dvds I want coming out in August and September, and I am broke as hell.

Simpsons Season 10
South park Season 10
Darkwing Duck Volume 2
The Tick Season 2
Charmed Season 8
Smallville Season 6
Heroes Season 1
Prison Break Season 2
Robot Chicken Season 2
Disturbia
The Doom Generation S.E.
Aqua Teen Hunger Force Movie
300 (I know it comes out next week)

Got shipment notification on my last DVD, so now I'm all set.

[quote name='dtcarson']Oh, like five bucks. Not much, I just wanted to recoup the cost of the box version and "upgrade" for free (without hassling with ebay or amazon marketplace.) Still, I paid four for it, so I "made" money :).[/quote]

Cool. I just didn't want to get like a dollar for it cause at that price I might as well give it away. Have a couple duplicates from this sale so probably go to FYE and see if they have a Geneon sale running.

Got Fafner 6 today to complete my second order. Still waiting on R.O.D. 1,5,6 to complete my first. Gotta get started watching some of these things.

My 2nd and 3rd order still havn't shipped, but I've watched Fafner, Black Heaven, Hajime no Ippo, and i'm in the middle of Gungrave.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Might cancel my order if I dont hear something in the next 2 weeks. Too many dvds I want coming out in August and September, and I am broke as hell.

Simpsons Season 10
South park Season 10
Darkwing Duck Volume 2
The Tick Season 2
Charmed Season 8
Smallville Season 6
Heroes Season 1
Prison Break Season 2
Robot Chicken Season 2
Disturbia
The Doom Generation S.E.
Aqua Teen Hunger Force Movie
300 (I know it comes out next week)[/QUOTE]

Meh, buying TV sets at release is for the birds imo. I had too many times where I "had to have" a set, bought it at release, then saw it for about half what I paid a few months later. The only two sets I'll be getting this year at or close to release are the 2 upcoming Stargate sets. SG-1 season 10, because it's the end of the series, and Atlantis season 3, because it will allow me to catch up & start watching season 4 in the fall when it airs.

[quote name='argyle']Meh, buying TV sets at release is for the birds imo. I had too many times where I "had to have" a set, bought it at release, then saw it for about half what I paid a few months later. The only two sets I'll be getting this year at or close to release are the 2 upcoming Stargate sets. SG-1 season 10, because it's the end of the series, and Atlantis season 3, because it will allow me to catch up & start watching season 4 in the fall when it airs.[/quote]

Plus, TV sets can be picked up anywhere at anytime for decent prices.

The ONLY place you'll see awesome prices like this for anime is pretty much Rightstuf, and you never know when they will have another sale like this.

I guess you guys are right......I do really want those tv sets though. Hope I can find them cheaper and soon after the release too. And hopefully Rightstuf wont take much longer. Sure I know there a great company and all.but its been almost a month and a half.........

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Plus, TV sets can be picked up anywhere at anytime for decent prices.

The ONLY place you'll see awesome prices like this for anime is pretty much Rightstuf, and you never know when they will have another sale like this.[/QUOTE]

I think theyll have more, all things considered.

The studios need to get rid of the volumes that are gathering dust in their warehouses.
It helps the business relationship Rightstuf CEO has with said studios.
Rightstuf gets tons of orders.

But Im sure they take a while in order to prep for the next sale. I mean, it takes them so long and so much effort Im sure to work out the sale even a month after it's been over. I look forward to Winter, next time rightstuf kicks my wallet in the nuts

Still waiting on two Read or Dream volumes for one order and one volume of Tetsujin 28 for the other. The first two orders got me pretty quickly though and I don't really have to worry about a lack of anime to watch at the moment.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']This is OTT, but eh, Guile, what's the series in your sig?[/QUOTE]

If it's the sig that I saw with the two people with guns, that's Black Lagoon. It's pretty new and was liscensed by Geneon.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']This is OTT, but eh, Guile, what's the series in your sig?[/quote]

Yep, it is Black Lagoon like Vamlock said. Currently my favorite show. I'm going to get volume two this week when it comes out. The girl is Revy and the guy is Dutch.

Sometimes you can catch a good deal on new release sets on release day, but yeah, if you wait sometimes as little as 2 months, you can save a bunch of money. Plus no matter how "limited" a release is, there's still 99% chance you can find it 2, 4, 6, months down the road. And if you wait long enough, they might release a complete series set. I've seen Buffy, MASH, Alias series sets, and the Superman tin, all on shelves in the last week, for no more than I paid release week, and in some cases less, and definitely less than the separate seasons.
Whereas it's awfully hard to get cheaper than 4 bucks a disk (or even 5 bucks) for anime disks, unless you wait for the thinpack/complete set and a sale. The only series I'm interested in from that list is Simpsons, and I've only watched up to S5 of my collection anyway, it'll have to come with a nice promo for me to pay more than 20-25 bucks for it.

Waiting on Stellvia 1+ Box from one order and ROD 1 from the other. One order is 1.5 months old, the other turned a month old. The only bad thing about waiting this long is that it ceases to have the same excitement. Then again, when those boxes finally arrive it's like a surprise.

Yay, an order that I bought on June 8th has shipped. Just one more to go.

Silly Akira Deluxe Edition....

you guys go on ahead. I told Right stuf to hold my order for 2 weeks (STARTING when they finally get the last item in from the manufacturer ;)) because they charge once they ship, not when you place an order...And i dont have enough for their lovely and very worthwhile $100 nibble

I'm surprised this thread is still heavily active on the DVD deals thread. Since it cannot be picked up now, shouldn't this be moved to the graveyard?

In other news: Sorry to hear you folks are still waiting on some stuff from the sale!

Also: Even if you don't wait for DVD sets long, in December you get 20% off an no tax at DeepDiscount so...

[quote name='MrNEWZ']I'm surprised this thread is still heavily active on the DVD deals thread. Since it cannot be picked up now, shouldn't this be moved to the graveyard?

In other news: Sorry to hear you folks are still waiting on some stuff from the sale!

Also: Even if you don't wait for DVD sets long, in December you get 20% off an no tax at DeepDiscount so...[/QUOTE]

Still though, these studio sales are the best for anime, I believe. Unless you can find anyplace that sells issues at $4-$5 a pop, then this is the place to order those from (Deep discount cant even pull that one off with its 20% off)

The only drawback is that these sales are a buy-in-bulk only, whereas DDD 20% off doesnt force you to.

Whatev. All's well that end's well (as long as it doesnt kill your wallet)

[quote name='ihavenolife123']
The only drawback is that these sales are a buy-in-bulk only, whereas DDD 20% off doesnt force you to.

[/quote]

I'm glad it is bulk because I am buying series that I otherwise might not have. I bought quite a few on word of mouth just because of this kind of sale.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I'm glad it is bulk because I am buying series that I otherwise might not have. I bought quite a few on word of mouth just because of this kind of sale.[/QUOTE]

Im afraid it has its ups and downs, for some of us at least, no?

Yes....when you think "four (five) bucks a disk", it makes blind buys a little more attractive. Even if you do the 10/50 deal, "regular" price for an anime DVD is 15-20 bucks, so think of it like buying two titles you want, and getting 8 more for virtually free.
That said, I do take advantage of the DDD deal as well--got some great deals on megasets. But sometimes you wait there as well. My last item from a 6/15/07 order finally shipped today.

If you end up not liking a series that you bought and you want to get rid of it, you can always sell them on craigslist or ebay. Plus you'll have all or most of the series because you bought it in bulk. The anime I see on CL around here (that actually sells) typically goes for $7-8/disc.

well all my discs except for Akira Deluxe edition have shipped off :whistle2:D i still wonder why it's taken geneon almost 2 months to produce more copies of Akira...oh well

[quote name='ihavenolife123']Still though, these studio sales are the best for anime, I believe. Unless you can find anyplace that sells issues at $4-$5 a pop, then this is the place to order those from (Deep discount cant even pull that one off with its 20% off)

Whatev. All's well that end's well (as long as it doesnt kill your wallet)[/QUOTE]

I totally agree on the anime. My boxed set madness was referring to the post by FlamedLiquid. Singles seem to be all you CAN get from RightStuf in these sales, so apologies for the assumption and not being more specific. ;-)

bread's done
Back