Right Stuf Sale Thread (33-40% off Bandai Entertainment) ENDS 11/10

StarKnightX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
234 (100%)
This thread will be for posting and discussing the various sales and specials that the anime and manga website "The Right Stuf" offers.

*Free shipping @ $49 for U.S. and $150 for Canada*

Shawne's Daily Deals (07/21):

Current Store/Studio Sale: Save Up to 33-40% OFF Yen Bandai Entertainment

Discover stellar deals on Blu-ray, DVDs, CDs, books and more from Bandai Entertainment – from hot new releases, like Star Driver, the Haruhi Suzumiya movie, Tekken: Blood Vengeance and Tales of the Abyss, to fan favorites, including Gundam, K-ON!, Gurren Lagann, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and much more!
From now through November 10, the "your price" listed is the price you pay – no coupon code required – and these new prices represent a savings of at least 40% OFF the retail prices of all Blu-ray and DVD titles and at least 33% OFF the retail prices on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment! (This includes items that are pre-order, in stock, on order and special order!)

Just be sure to place your orders before 11:59 p.m. CT on November 10, 2011!

REMEMBER: If you're a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 46% OFF the MSRP on DVDs and Blu-ray and up to 40% OFF on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the "Stellar Deals" graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the Bandai Entertainment items we carry! (Please note: No other coupons may be used in conjunction with this sale. This sale event may not be applied to pre-existing orders. Also, Bargain Bin and Weekly Special items are not eligible for this sale because they're already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)​

Master list of sale items!

Other Notable Items on Sale:
(Book Bargain Bin)
(DVD Bargain Bin)
(Novel Bargain Bin)
(Other Merchandise Bargain Bin)
(Weekly Specials)

Past Sales (Included for reference):
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (10/17 - 10/27)
33% off Dark Horse {10/13 - 10/17}
40% off Funimation {9/26 - 10/13}
33% off Kodansha and Del Rey {9/15 - 9/26}
50% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (9/12 - 9/15)
33% off Yen Press {9/1 - 9/12}
35% off Ya Entertainment {8/29 - 9/1}
46% off DC Comics Animation {8/25 - 8/29}
33% off Vertical Inc. {8/22 - 8/25}
68% off Classic (American) Animation {8/18 - 8/22}
30% off 801 Media and Project H {ADULT} (8/15 - 8/18)
50% off Select Funimation Titles (8/4 - 8/15)
40% off Manga Entertainment (8/1 - 8/4)
30% off Pre-orders (7/21 - 8/1)
33% off Seven Seas (7/18 - 7/21)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (7/7 - 7/18)
33% off Icarus Publishing {ADULT} (7/5 - 7/7)
10% off standard price on in-stock items {Summer Clearance} (6/23 - 7/5)
30% off Digital Manga Publishing (6/20 - 6/23)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (6/9 - 6/20)
40% off DC Universe Animation (6/6 - 6/9)
33% off Viz Media (05/26-06/06)
40% off Funimation (05/12 - 05/26)
40% off Viz Media DVDs (5/2 - 5/12)
30% off Udon Media (4/28 - 5/2)
33% off Stone Bridge Press (4/25 - 4/28)
32% off All In-Stock Items (4/14 - 4/25)
33% off Dark Horse (4/11 - 4/14)
33-40% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (3/31 - 4/11)
33% off Ya Entertainment (3/28 - 3/31)
50% off Funimation SAVE Editions (3/24 - 3/31)
33% off Yen Press (3/17 - 3/28)
40% off Nozomi and Critical Mass Video (3/14 - 3/17)
33% off Del Rey and Kodansha (3/3 - 3/14)
33% off Tai Seng (2/28 - 3/3)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (2/17 - 2/28)
33% off Vertical (2/14 - 2/17)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (2/3 - 2/14)
40% off Funimation (1/20 - 2/3)
40% off Manga Entertainment (1/17 - 1/20)
33% off Tokyopop (1/6 - 1/17)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chronis']So guys beyond the cringing Kirin's about to do for me even asking, any comments on Desert Punk, Miami Guns, Najica Blitz Tactics, Soultaker, and Tokyo Underground?[/QUOTE]

OH GOD, IT HURTS!!

Actually, Desert Punk is passable, but the rest... no, terrible, awful, ugh, barf. R.O.D The TV is all kinds of awesome, though, so don't miss that.

[quote name='Razzuel']Desert Punk is pretty damn awesome, and pretty damn hilarious.[/QUOTE]

I sort-of second this. Desert Punk looks to be the best of the ones you listed, even if it's the only one i've seen. I wouldn't say it's amazing, but for the most part it's enjoyable. There are just times when either the humor's not there or falls falt when you think, oh god is this scene over?

Also, the OP/ED's are awesome ;).

[quote name='Chronis']So somebody told me to get Gungrave from the sale. Wasn't someone talking about that recently?[/QUOTE]

Yes, i was. In reference to you, going to buy it. Cuz it's awesome. Yeah.

I agree with everyone else. Desert Punk is a pretty good show. Not an amazing show, but definitely worth watching.

Also, my order shipped out. Yay!

[quote name='PrarieD0G']If I remember right, someone on CAG thought Miami Guns was hilarious (was it Guile?). I haven't heard much about it though.[/QUOTE]

Yes it was me. I HIGHLY recommend Miami Guns for anyone likes comedy. There are some really funny pop culture references and Yao Sakurakoji is insane. Watch the dub because the dialogue is hilarious. It's easily in my top three anime comedies ever.

[quote name='the_punisher']Hello Matt,

I apologize for the inconvenience but the Full Metal Panic Second Raid DVD 1 + Artbox, has been discontinued and we no longer have any in stock.
I am emailing to see if you would like to substitute the item for the single disc of Full Metal Panic Second Raid DVD 1 without the Artbox or possibly for a different item (series).

Please let me know how you would like to proceed, preferably by the end of the week so I may get that changed for you.

If you have any questions please let me know and I look forward to hearing from you.

Have a nice day!

Shayna B

fuckKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK[/QUOTE]

heh my FMP 2nd raid w/ box also already shipped

[quote name='the_punisher']:bomb:

On the bright side, i have four boxes currently coming to my house. :applause:[/QUOTE]

How is that on the bright side? You are still missing The Second Raid artbox.

[quote name='Razzuel']How is that on the bright side? You are still missing The Second Raid artbox.[/QUOTE]

You are the single most negative person i've ever met. Other than KL, of course.

Mine arrived today. It really was Christmas in July.:lol: Third order from Right Stuf, third time an ultra-satisfied customer.

[quote name='the_punisher']You are the single most negative person i've ever met. Other than KL, of course.[/QUOTE]

Realistic; not negative.

[quote name='Razzuel']Realistic; not negative.[/QUOTE]

Apparently that's the same thing. :p

[quote name='BlueSwim']Mine arrived today. It really was Christmas in July.:lol: Third order from Right Stuf, third time an ultra-satisfied customer.[/QUOTE]

Not exactly my third time ordering from them, but i've never had a bad experience.

Got 2 of the 3 "25" orders I've placed in the mail yesterday. I'm not sure how rightstuf made any money on the Noir Wall Scroll I got for $4, but bless them anyway. =E They priority shipped the wall scroll by itself, I have to imagine that was pretty expensive shipping.

I love rightstuf. It's too bad I haven't even come close to making a dent in watching items from any of the other 25 for 100 sales they've had in the past.

It looks like most of this inventory is from Best Buy. A lot of the DVDs I got have Best Buy stickers on them.

Mine shipped Thursday so it should be here sometime this week. I just put up my anime on my shelf in my new house... I don't have much room for expansion. I may need to consolidate.
It's sad because I probably only watched 30% of the anime I own but I just keep buying it.
The manga is the real scary thing that I need to get rid of. I have 400 volumes of manga. Ug.

[quote name='Ndolger']Got 2 of the 3 "25" orders I've placed in the mail yesterday. I'm not sure how rightstuf made any money on the Noir Wall Scroll I got for $4, but bless them anyway. =E They priority shipped the wall scroll by itself, I have to imagine that was pretty expensive shipping.

I love rightstuf. It's too bad I haven't even come close to making a dent in watching items from any of the other 25 for 100 sales they've had in the past.

It looks like most of this inventory is from Best Buy. A lot of the DVDs I got have Best Buy stickers on them.[/QUOTE]

My guess on the bestbuy stock is probably that best buy sent back their stock to the manufacturers, and they probably dumped it on rightstuf...and speaking of that-I suppose I gotta take a look at what they offer-been a while since I've checked the list of stuff they offer

[quote name='AngellicLulu']Mine shipped Thursday so it should be here sometime this week. I just put up my anime on my shelf in my new house... I don't have much room for expansion. I may need to consolidate.
It's sad because I probably only watched 30% of the anime I own but I just keep buying it.
The manga is the real scary thing that I need to get rid of. I have 400 volumes of manga. Ug.[/QUOTE]
Same here on not getting around to watching everything I've bought, it's just such a daunting task.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']Mine shipped Thursday so it should be here sometime this week. I just put up my anime on my shelf in my new house... I don't have much room for expansion. I may need to consolidate.
The manga is the real scary thing that I need to get rid of. I have 400 volumes of manga. Ug.[/QUOTE]

I can relate to space constraints, although mine is due to anime. My manga collection isn't too bad.

Much like with my game collection I've been doing somewhat of a good job of keeping myself from buying too much more anime until I at least watch what I already have (does that make me a bad person considering that I take care of this thread? :whistle2:#). Course I haven't been watching that much lately so I'm not really making any progress. As far as manga goes I really ought to be expanding on that at the moment , seeing as I don't really own all that many volumes of any series. Considering that I can bring manga to work with me and read them on my lunch break I can make far more progress there.

My order came in today and I was kind of shocked with how much shelf space I have left, I only really have room for one or two more half season sets:shock: Ugh the dilemma of every anime collector.

@ the_punisher: Sorry to hear you won't be getting the Full Metal Panic Second Raid Vol. 1 w/artbox, it's one of my favorite artboxes.

It seems like the Trigun Remix DVDs were BIG sellers during this sale. Almost every volume had about 350 copies when I ordered mine(all 6 volumes) and now they're either at 100 copies left exactly or well below it. I'm glad to see it do so well, it's such a well-crafted, likable show.

[quote name='BlueSwim']It seems like the Trigun Remix DVDs were BIG sellers during this sale. Almost every volume had about 350 copies when I ordered mine(all 6 volumes) and now they're either at 100 copies left exactly or well below it. I'm glad to see it do so well, it's such a well-crafted, likable show.[/QUOTE]

Amen to that, I can't wait for my order to show up so I can watch it again after these few years it's been off the air. I'd attribute its well-selling at this sale to be due to it being so difficult to find elsewhere now along with the good price. This may well be the last time you can find a full set of it outside of private sellers (until they release it again on a new medium, but this was the third of three versions).

I wish COde Geass would go down in Price, I love that anime to death (Favorite of all time) but I just cna't bring myself to spend $150 for Season 1 alone.

[quote name='Jrittmayer']I wish COde Geass would go down in Price, I love that anime to death (Favorite of all time) but I just cna't bring myself to spend $150 for Season 1 alone.[/QUOTE]

During the last sale it was $21.50 per "set" (2 volumes in one, with membership) ;).

I hate it when people make me regret not buying something after it's already too late to do anything about it. :(

Well, I guess I theoretically could make a third order to get the Trigun Remix DVDs, but I have really spent too much money on anime at this point. I'll just wait for a thinpak/brick release.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']I hate it when people make me regret not buying something after it's already too late to do anything about it. :(

Well, I guess I theoretically could make a third order to get the Trigun Remix DVDs, but I have really spent too much money on anime at this point. I'll just wait for a thinpak/brick release.[/QUOTE]

I loathe Trigun and all the sloppily-animated, poorly-scripted, ill-conceived mediocrity it represents. You're missing nothing.

Feel better now? ;)

[quote name='Jrittmayer']I wish COde Geass would go down in Price, I love that anime to death (Favorite of all time) but I just cna't bring myself to spend $150 for Season 1 alone.[/QUOTE]

They will probably release a Code Geass boxset soon

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I loathe Trigun and all the sloppily-animated, poorly-scripted, ill-conceived mediocrity it represents. You're missing nothing.

Feel better now? ;)[/QUOTE]
:speaktothehand: There goes your credibility.

LOVE AND PEACE, GOD DAMN IT!!!
:lol::lol::lol:

[quote name='BlueSwim']:speaktothehand: There goes your credibility.

LOVE AND PEACE, GOD DAMN IT!!!
:lol::lol::lol:[/QUOTE]

There goes your discriminating taste.

Seriously, I found it to be an awful, trite show. I cannot fathom why people enjoy it when it does absolutely nothing well. The characters are obnoxious, the plot is generic, the animation is terrible, the music is painful... I just *do not* understand why anybody would like Trigun. At all.

[quote name='refusedchaos']dammit..all my reasonable options are gone for Welcome to the NHK Vol. 6 :cry:

damn you punisher! XD[/QUOTE]

What did i d-

AR-09663 Welcome to the NHK DVD 6 $26.98
Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1

==================================================================

Your order has shipped via US Postal.

Oh, right. That. ;)

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']There goes your discriminating taste.

Seriously, I found it to be an awful, trite show. I cannot fathom why people enjoy it when it does absolutely nothing well. The characters are obnoxious, the plot is generic, the animation is terrible, the music is painful... I just *do not* understand why anybody would like Trigun. At all.[/QUOTE]
picture.php

[quote name='hero101']When is it extended to?[/QUOTE]

The 30th.

Anyway, I give a +1 to Trigun! It was my favorite anime back when it was on TV. I'm getting it to relive all my memories! :D

Remember how I said making a third order was probably a bad idea? Well, I just made a fourth order, which is definitely not a good idea when I think of my precious bank account.

I am really satisfied with this order though; a lot of great stuff:

• Doujin Work Graphic Novel 2
  • Doujin Work Graphic Novel 3
  • Doujin Work Graphic Novel 4
  • Glass Fleet DVD 1 + Artbox
  • Glass Fleet DVD 2
  • Hell Girl DVD 1 + Artbox
  • Hell Girl DVD 2
  • Hell Girl DVD 3
  • Hell Girl DVD 4
  • Hell Girl DVD 5
  • Hell Girl DVD 6
  • Last Exile DVD 4
  • Last Exile DVD 5
  • Last Exile DVD 6
  • Pumpkin Scissors DVD 1
  • Pumpkin Scissors DVD 2 + Artbox
  • Pumpkin Scissors DVD 3
  • Pumpkin Scissors DVD 4
  • Pumpkin Scissors DVD 5
  • Pumpkin Scissors DVD 6
  • Stellvia DVD 1
  • Stellvia DVD 2
  • Stellvia DVD 3
  • Stellvia DVD 4
  • Stellvia DVD 5
  • Stellvia DVD 6
  • Stellvia DVD 7
  • Stellvia DVD 8
  • Witchblade DVD 3

^^I was about to say how'd you get Pumpkin Scissors 6 in that deal.... then i noticed there was more than 25 things on your list. :( I would have gotten the set if 6 was part of the sale.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']... is the exact image that comes to mind when I see that somebody enjoys Trigun. :D[/QUOTE]:lol::lol::lol:

[quote name='Chronis']Anyway, I give a +1 to Trigun! It was my favorite anime back when it was on TV. I'm getting it to relive all my memories! :D[/QUOTE]This. Once I'm finished with InuYasha S.1 on DVD(got both it and S.2, for $7 each new at Books-A-Million, for those interested in trying to find it cheap), Trigun's next. I've been listening to the soundtrack almost every time I go out with my Zune. Blue Funk FTW.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyK_8g4TmbE

Yay for the sale being extended. Not only does that mean that I don't have to rush to make an order tonight before the sale would have ended , since I still haven't placed one yet , but it means I get to put off screwing around with the OP for a few more days. :D

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']... is the exact image that comes to mind when I see that somebody enjoys Trigun. :D[/QUOTE]

I love watching you argue with people about anime- nothing ever catches you off-guard. :lol:

It's been awhile since I saw Trigun, and I never did see all of it- but I remember a 'popcorn' anime... something with lots of gunfights and a few explosions and just enough storyline to connect to the next fight... the sort of thing you turn your brain off to watch.

Considering we already know Kirin hates Black Lagoon and Die Hard, I'm really not surprised to see Trigun on the naughty list too.

Didn't buy anything from the sale this time, though a huge chunk of my collection is populated from past Right Stuf 10/25 sales, including Trigun (not the Remix, unfortunately). Just wanted to pop in with support for the show. The animation definitely wasn't as good as it could've been but there was seriously some good drama in the latter half of the show. Having watched a lot of anime over the years I also think Vash and Wolfwood are still pretty damn unique and memorable characters.

There are lots of terrible anime out there, but Trigun is not even close. It might not float everyone's boat but hating on it is just being stuck-up.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']W00t! Got my anime today. It was so nice getting such a big box with tons of anime in it.[/QUOTE]

It's even nicer getting three. Damn, this is awesome :).

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Crap, how did Pumpkin Scissors 6 end up not for resale anywhere? $22 for Anime in 2009 is insane.[/QUOTE]

Funimation only sent volume six of Pumpkin Scissors, Red Garden, and Welcome to the NHK to Right Stuf. Funimation acquired those three anime from ADV when five volumes of each had already been released. Funimation released the sixth volume of each in very limited quantities to Right Stuf.

If you want confirmation, then check this: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...hip-final-single-dvds-for-3-former-adv-titles

Actually, Funimation wasn't even going to release the sixth volume for each of those. Source for this: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-10-06/red-garden-nhk-to-end-in-boxes-not-single-dvds

Also, new DVDs are always around 20 bucks; nothing new here.

bread's done
Back