Right Stuf Sale Thread (33-40% off Bandai Entertainment) ENDS 11/10

StarKnightX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
234 (100%)
This thread will be for posting and discussing the various sales and specials that the anime and manga website "The Right Stuf" offers.

*Free shipping @ $49 for U.S. and $150 for Canada*

Shawne's Daily Deals (07/21):

Current Store/Studio Sale: Save Up to 33-40% OFF Yen Bandai Entertainment

Discover stellar deals on Blu-ray, DVDs, CDs, books and more from Bandai Entertainment – from hot new releases, like Star Driver, the Haruhi Suzumiya movie, Tekken: Blood Vengeance and Tales of the Abyss, to fan favorites, including Gundam, K-ON!, Gurren Lagann, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and much more!
From now through November 10, the "your price" listed is the price you pay – no coupon code required – and these new prices represent a savings of at least 40% OFF the retail prices of all Blu-ray and DVD titles and at least 33% OFF the retail prices on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment! (This includes items that are pre-order, in stock, on order and special order!)

Just be sure to place your orders before 11:59 p.m. CT on November 10, 2011!

REMEMBER: If you're a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 46% OFF the MSRP on DVDs and Blu-ray and up to 40% OFF on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the "Stellar Deals" graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the Bandai Entertainment items we carry! (Please note: No other coupons may be used in conjunction with this sale. This sale event may not be applied to pre-existing orders. Also, Bargain Bin and Weekly Special items are not eligible for this sale because they're already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)​

Master list of sale items!

Other Notable Items on Sale:
(Book Bargain Bin)
(DVD Bargain Bin)
(Novel Bargain Bin)
(Other Merchandise Bargain Bin)
(Weekly Specials)

Past Sales (Included for reference):
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (10/17 - 10/27)
33% off Dark Horse {10/13 - 10/17}
40% off Funimation {9/26 - 10/13}
33% off Kodansha and Del Rey {9/15 - 9/26}
50% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (9/12 - 9/15)
33% off Yen Press {9/1 - 9/12}
35% off Ya Entertainment {8/29 - 9/1}
46% off DC Comics Animation {8/25 - 8/29}
33% off Vertical Inc. {8/22 - 8/25}
68% off Classic (American) Animation {8/18 - 8/22}
30% off 801 Media and Project H {ADULT} (8/15 - 8/18)
50% off Select Funimation Titles (8/4 - 8/15)
40% off Manga Entertainment (8/1 - 8/4)
30% off Pre-orders (7/21 - 8/1)
33% off Seven Seas (7/18 - 7/21)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (7/7 - 7/18)
33% off Icarus Publishing {ADULT} (7/5 - 7/7)
10% off standard price on in-stock items {Summer Clearance} (6/23 - 7/5)
30% off Digital Manga Publishing (6/20 - 6/23)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (6/9 - 6/20)
40% off DC Universe Animation (6/6 - 6/9)
33% off Viz Media (05/26-06/06)
40% off Funimation (05/12 - 05/26)
40% off Viz Media DVDs (5/2 - 5/12)
30% off Udon Media (4/28 - 5/2)
33% off Stone Bridge Press (4/25 - 4/28)
32% off All In-Stock Items (4/14 - 4/25)
33% off Dark Horse (4/11 - 4/14)
33-40% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (3/31 - 4/11)
33% off Ya Entertainment (3/28 - 3/31)
50% off Funimation SAVE Editions (3/24 - 3/31)
33% off Yen Press (3/17 - 3/28)
40% off Nozomi and Critical Mass Video (3/14 - 3/17)
33% off Del Rey and Kodansha (3/3 - 3/14)
33% off Tai Seng (2/28 - 3/3)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (2/17 - 2/28)
33% off Vertical (2/14 - 2/17)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (2/3 - 2/14)
40% off Funimation (1/20 - 2/3)
40% off Manga Entertainment (1/17 - 1/20)
33% off Tokyopop (1/6 - 1/17)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Razzuel']Funimation only sent volume six of Pumpkin Scissors, Red Garden, and Welcome to the NHK to Right Stuf. Funimation acquired those three anime from ADV when five volumes of each had already been released. Funimation released the sixth volume of each in very limited quantities to Right Stuf.

If you want confirmation, then check this: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...hip-final-single-dvds-for-3-former-adv-titles

Actually, Funimation wasn't even going to release the sixth volume for each of those. Source for this: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-10-06/red-garden-nhk-to-end-in-boxes-not-single-dvds

Also, new DVDs are always around 20 bucks; nothing new here.[/QUOTE]

This is very important information. I've been out of the anime loop for the most part since 2000-2001. Since I haven't purchased a non-boxed set or Blu-Ray costing more than $20 in a long time, $22 for anime is a tough swallow. Guess I'll have to eat it on both NHK and Pumpkin Scissors at some point.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']This is very important information. I've been out of the anime loop for the most part since 2000-2001. Since I haven't purchased a non-boxed set or Blu-Ray costing more than $20 in a long time, $22 for anime is a tough swallow. Guess I'll have to eat it on both NHK and Pumpkin Scissors at some point.[/QUOTE]

Sigh. I warned against buying NHK, Pumpkin Scissors, and Red Garden multiple times earlier on during this sale for this very reason.

well they canceled my FMP TSR 1 w/ artbox finally. So what dvd do you guys think i should get? looking at

-Ultra Maniac DVD 1 (Hyb): Magical Girl + Artbox
-Scrapped Princess DVD 4 (Hyb): Spells and Circumstances + Figure (Limited)

I can't sympathize for having to spend 20+ dollars on a disc. That used to be the standard and you were lucky to even see a box set, though the 100+ dollar price tag usually made them hard to swallow.
I remember getting a VHS at a time at Suncoast for Rayearth because that's all I could afford. :cry:

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']And see what happens! They suffer the consequences! :D[/QUOTE]

I was getting those series regardless. Didn't have a chance to scour the thread. Came here sort of after-the-fact.

I remember the days where $30 for 4 episodes of anime was a steal, but it's not the same anymore.

I'll watch PS and Welcome to first. If I want to see how they end, I'll pay the full price for the finales. Not a huge deal, but thanks for those regularly here keeping us informed. ;-)

[quote name='MrNEWZ']I was getting those series regardless. Didn't have a chance to scour the thread. Came here sort of after-the-fact.

I remember the days where $30 for 4 episodes of anime was a steal, but it's not the same anymore.

I'll watch PS and Welcome to first. If I want to see how they end, I'll pay the full price for the finales. Not a huge deal, but thanks for those regularly here keeping us informed. ;-)[/QUOTE]

Know that WttNHK Vol. 6 is now IMPOSSIBLE to find. It's gone from all sites i could think of, and even rnadom ones from google, and isn't even on eBay. The last one just sold for $80 :whee:

NEW SALE IS UP! Only good thing i see is the Fruits Basket manga, and they even have a full set available, but damn is it expensive ;).

Fruits Basket Graphic Novel Complete Series Box Set- $100.49 (this includes coupon)

[quote name='Razzuel']Remember how I said making a third order was probably a bad idea? Well, I just made a fourth order, which is definitely not a good idea when I think of my precious bank account.
[/QUOTE]

Hah, I was in the exact same situation. I made two orders pretty easily, and then somehow made a third...and then a 4th.

It's the only time of the year I buy any anime though (rightstuf 25/100 sales), so I guess it's OK.

Got my third order in, but found out that I accidentally ordered a duplicate DVD (sigh). rightstuf's customer service would probably let me exchange it, but I don't think it's worth the hassle of actually shipping it back.

Since I loathe thinpacks (I always go for the pretty artboxes) obviously it's a space concern. I did have all my anime in a nice compact location, now it seems to be spreading all over the place. I got stuff everywhere...it's spreading like a virus!

+1 for Trigun. I mean seriously, it's not a bad show (there *are* some really bad shows), Trigun is nowhere close to bad. You just have to mind Kirin. Kirin either completely hates or completely loves everything.

[quote name='Ndolger']
+1 for Trigun. I mean seriously, it's not a bad show (there *are* some really bad shows), Trigun is nowhere close to bad. You just have to mind Kirin. Kirin either completely hates or completely loves everything.[/QUOTE]

Trigun has its moments. Wolfwood is cool. Vash's incessant idealism irritates me more than anything. Not a bad show. I'm not sure if I'm going to drop another order to get it though.

OP has been updated. Also as a reminder (not like anyone here probably doesn't already know) today is the last day to get in anymore orders from the 10 for $50 or 25 for $100 sale.

Tokyopop, eh? Well, I might as well break down and order Mirai Nikki now even though I'll only end up saving around a dollar per volume with this sale. :X

Well played, Rightstuf.

Finally placed my order for the 25 for $100. In a way it was good that I waited , because even though a lot of items I was looking at I couldn't really get now because they were missing volumes , it was good because it made me focus on what to order and didn't buy as much as I might have.

Ordered:
Ah My Goddess Season 2 Volumes 1-6 + Artbox
Air TV Series Volumes 1-4 + Artbox + Movie
Kurau : Phantom Memory Volumes 1-6 + Artbox
Le Chevalier D'Eon Volumes 1-6 + Artbox

as well Code Lyoko Season 1 and Gonzo Double Pack (Desert Punk + Speed Grapher) to round the 25 off.

[quote name='StarKnightX']Finally placed my order for the 25 for $100. In a way it was good that I waited , because even though a lot of items I was looking at I couldn't really get now because they were missing volumes , it was good because it made me focus on what to order and didn't buy as much as I might have.

Ordered:
Le Chevalier D'Eon Volumes 1-6 + Artbox

as well Code Lyoko Season 1 and Gonzo Double Pack (Desert Punk + Speed Grapher) to round the 25 off.[/QUOTE]

Code Lyoko?

Really?

Hey everyone, I just purchase a crap load of anime from this Right Stuf sale and was curious to know what you all thought of these series. I am an anime fan but haven't really been in the loop for quite some time other than feature films. Any other suggestions for future purchases are appreciated! Here's what I snagged:

Dragon Hunters 1 - 5
Trinity Blood 1 - 6
This Ugly Yet Beautiful World 1 - 3
Last Exile 1 - 6
Kurau: Phantom Memory 1 - 6
Ayakashi: Samurai Horror Tales 1 - 3
Trigun Remix 1 - 6
Texhnolyze 1 - 6
Requiem from the Darkness 1 - 4
Nerima Daikon Bros. 1 - 3
Le Chevalier D'Eon 1 - 6

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Trigun has its moments. Wolfwood is cool. Vash's incessant idealism irritates me more than anything. Not a bad show. I'm not sure if I'm going to drop another order to get it though.[/QUOTE]
Vash's ideals are part of what makes the character so likable to begin with. Both his pacifism and his unwillingness to kill people who are trying to kill him is a pretty neat twist on the "outlaw gunman" character type.

Wolfwood is also really likable and more entertaining than I remember him being.

I guess it's too late if you did want to pick the show up anyways, several volumes of Trigun Remix have sold out.

[quote name='StarKnightX']Ordered:
Le Chevalier D'Eon Volumes 1-6 + Artbox[/QUOTE]

Ooh, nice choices there. I'm proud of you.

[quote name='joeyatog']Hey everyone, I just purchase a crap load of anime from this Right Stuf sale and was curious to know what you all thought of these series. I am an anime fan but haven't really been in the loop for quite some time other than feature films. Any other suggestions for future purchases are appreciated! Here's what I snagged:

Dragon Hunters 1 - 5
Trinity Blood 1 - 6
Last Exile 1 - 6
Trigun Remix 1 - 6
Texhnolyze 1 - 6
Le Chevalier D'Eon 1 - 6[/QUOTE]

Dragon Hunters - No idea what this is, but it's not anime.
Trinity Blood - Awful. Like Trigun with vampires.
This Ugly Yet Beautiful World - Possibly more awful than Trinity Blood.
Last Exile - Excellent.
Kurau: Phantom Memory - I like what I've seen so far, and most reviews have been positive.
Ayakashi: Samurai Horror Tales - Mostly boring, but the last disc is pretty good.
Trigun Remix - Overhyped and extremely average. I loathe almost everything about it.
Texhnolyze - Not for everyone. Pretentious and violent, but I've seen worse.
Requiem from the Darkness - Decent horror anime.
Nerima Daikon Bros. - I hear it's funny. Picked this one up, myself.
Le Chevalier D'Eon - Also excellent.

[quote name='BlueSwim']Vash's ideals are part of what makes the character so likable to begin with. Both his pacifism and his unwillingness to kill people who are trying to kill him is a pretty neat twist on the "outlaw gunman" character type.[/QUOTE]

I thought Kenshin pulled off this type of character much better, even though I'm not a huge Kenshin fan. Actually, *most* of Trigun is just a huge Kenshin ripoff.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Ooh, nice choices there. I'm proud of you.

Dragon Hunters - No idea what this is, but it's not anime.
Trinity Blood - Awful. Like Trigun with vampires.
This Ugly Yet Beautiful World - Possibly more awful than Trinity Blood.
Last Exile - Excellent.
Kurau: Phantom Memory - I like what I've seen so far, and most reviews have been positive.
Ayakashi: Samurai Horror Tales - Mostly boring, but the last disc is pretty good.
Trigun Remix - Overhyped and extremely average. I loathe almost everything about it.
Texhnolyze - Not for everyone. Pretentious and violent, but I've seen worse.
Requiem from the Darkness - Decent horror anime.
Nerima Daikon Bros. - I hear it's funny. Picked this one up, myself.
Le Chevalier D'Eon - Also excellent.

I thought Kenshin pulled off this type of character much better, even though I'm not a huge Kenshin fan. Actually, *most* of Trigun is just a huge Kenshin ripoff.[/QUOTE]

Dragon Hunters I think is actually a French animation show. I picked up the new CGI movie from Deep Discount so I thought I'd give the TV show a shot. I had a few people recommend Trigun and Trinity to me so that's why I snagged those two. Hopefully I enjoy some of this stuff! =p

[quote name='joeyatog']Hey everyone, I just purchase a crap load of anime from this Right Stuf sale and was curious to know what you all thought of these series. I am an anime fan but haven't really been in the loop for quite some time other than feature films. Any other suggestions for future purchases are appreciated! Here's what I snagged:

Dragon Hunters 1 - 5
Trinity Blood 1 - 6
Last Exile 1 - 6
Trigun Remix 1 - 6
Texhnolyze 1 - 6
Le Chevalier D'Eon 1 - 6[/QUOTE]

Out of those the only ones I've seen are Dragon Hunters , Trinity Blood , Last Exile and Trigun. Dragon Hunters is good , but Geneon wasn't able to license out the whole show , so I'm holding out hope that it gets relicensed and has the rest of the show released , since Vol.1-5 still leave out 10 episodes from season 1. Trinity Blood is eh. It would be better if you could understand what the hell is going on in the show. Last Exile is great , although it kinda feels rushed near the end. Trigun is also good.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Ooh, nice choices there. I'm proud of you.[/quote]

Thank you much.:) Like I mentioned before , some of the other shows mentioned as being worth getting were missing volumes and/or artboxes so I only went with shows I found that were complete. Stupid question but I assume that watching season 1 of Ah my Goddess is required before watching season 2?

I thought Kenshin pulled off this type of character much better, even though I'm not a huge Kenshin fan. Actually, *most* of Trigun is just a huge Kenshin ripoff.
I would agree with this to an extent , but while Trigun and Kenshin are similar , there are both different and enjoyable in their own ways.

[quote name='the_punisher']
NEW SALE IS UP! Only good thing i see is the Fruits Basket manga, and they even have a full set available, but damn is it expensive ;).

Fruits Basket Graphic Novel Complete Series Box Set- $100.49 (this includes coupon)[/QUOTE]

That's $4.37 per volume, pretty crazy cheap actually, especially since the best price I got for most of the volumes was Right Stuf's $7.50 / vol.

I don't know why I've been buying all of the volumes so far though. At some point I completely lost track of what's going on, and honestly most of the characters look indistinguishable so when they come back into the story, I've already forgotten who they are. Oh well, only Volume 23 left to go to complete the collection. :shrug:

[quote name='StarKnightX']Out of those the only ones I've seen are Dragon Hunters , Trinity Blood , Last Exile and Trigun. Dragon Hunters is good , but Geneon wasn't able to license out the whole show , so I'm holding out hope that it gets relicensed and has the rest of the show released , since Vol.1-5 still leave out 10 episodes from season 1. Trinity Blood is eh. It would be better if you could understand what the hell is going on in the show. Last Exile is great , although it kinda feels rushed near the end. Trigun is also good.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the opinions. Dragon Hunters sounded pretty cool and the new movie got pretty awesome reviews. I didn't know about the show not having all episodes released. I'll have to keep an eye on that.

[quote name='StarKnightX']
Ordered:
Kurau : Phantom Memory Volumes 1-6 + Artbox[/QUOTE]

[quote name='joeyatog']
Texhnolyze 1 - 6[/QUOTE]

Yes. YES. YES! More Kurau purchases! I am so glad everyone—rather a seemingly good amount of people—are purchasing Kurau. It's my favorite anime; I hope everyone loves it as much as I did.

Air: amazing show; definitely a great choice.

This Ugly Yet Beautiful World: Kirin doesn't know what he is saying; it's a pretty good show—nice action and enough funny moments. Ionios is an awesome character

Texhnolyze: Kirin is right about it being not for everyone. It is a very slow paced show. I thought it was really good though.

[quote name='Razzuel']This Ugly Yet Beautiful World: Kirin doesn't know what he is saying; it's a pretty good show—nice action and enough funny moments. Ionios is an awesome character[/QUOTE]

Hush, you like everything, no matter how awful it is.

And sadly, I know exactly what I'm talking about, since I suffered through the entire thing back when it was first airing in Japan. It's a terrible little ecchi/comedy/tragedy show that did absolutely none of those things well (okay, maybe the ecchi part...), and hit on every cliche in the book. It's always sad when a show has no idea what it's trying to be, and this one in particular really felt like a train wreck. One of Gainax's absolute worst.

[quote name='Razzuel']Yes. YES. YES! More Kurau purchases! I am so glad everyone—rather a seemingly good amount of people—are purchasing Kurau. It's my favorite anime; I hope everyone loves it as much as I did.

Air: amazing show; definitely a great choice.

This Ugly Yet Beautiful World: Kirin doesn't know what he is saying; it's a pretty good show—nice action and enough funny moments. Ionios is an awesome character

Texhnolyze: Kirin is right about it being not for everyone. It is a very slow paced show. I thought it was really good though.[/QUOTE]

Nice! I'm really looking forward to Kurau now! Texnolyze definitely looked like a weird niche series but that's why I picked it up. The slow pace shouldn't bother me too much. Thanks for the input!

A Tokyopop sale? bleh. I was hoping for another Dark Horse or Yen Press sale. Maybe I could grab the rest of the Ai Yori Aoshi... but I can't stand the art style of the manga.

Edit: after a quick search I saw a few titles I might be interested in. I forgot they had Rose hip rose and Maria Holic.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I thought Kenshin pulled off this type of character much better, even though I'm not a huge Kenshin fan. Actually, *most* of Trigun is just a huge Kenshin ripoff.[/QUOTE]
I just finished reading the first VizBig edition of Rurouni Kenshin and there are some similarities between Vash and Kenshin, but Kenshin(from what I've read) struck me more as someone who has a very good & very bad split-personality rather than being a natural no-kill pacifist. Although, I'm still early into the RK series and no where near as well-versed in Kenshin as I am Trigun.

[quote name='StarKnightX']I would agree with this to an extent , but while Trigun and Kenshin are similar , there are both different and enjoyable in their own ways.[/QUOTE]Exactly. Like chocolate & vanilla ice cream, similar, yet different and equally enjoyable.:lol::lol::lol:

So.... I waited to order my crap, mostly just so I could watch Desert Punk to see if it's be worth getting, and it ends up that some of the stuff I wanted got sold out. Trigun Remix is just about completely gone; As of right now, there are only a handful of vol 2 left. And there's 2 missing vols from Desert Punk, which I really liked, but luckily the Viridians are a $1 cheaper so I'll just get them later. So it ended up that instead of getting 2 boxes, I'll be getting one, since I also cut out Air Gear.

Only series I would buy is Aria but I'm not about to spend $50+ (for free shipping) just for one series that doesn't have a stable future (though that could probably be said of most of the series Tokyopop has). I was really hoping for a Viz sale.

[quote name='BlueSwim']I just finished reading the first VizBig edition of Rurouni Kenshin and there are some similarities between Vash and Kenshin, but Kenshin(from what I've read) struck me more as someone who has a very good & very bad split-personality rather than being a natural no-kill pacifist. Although, I'm still early into the RK series and no where near as well-versed in Kenshin as I am Trigun.[/QUOTE]
I liked Rurouni Kenshin somewhat, until I saw the Samurai X OVA's, which while they were made after, are about one hundred to two hundred times better in every respect, and I'm being absolutely literal.

ARGH! I hate Tokyopop with a passion, from their butchery of Initial D, to the absolutely atrocious editing of the GTO manga (bought 7 volumes and found blatant errors, typos, or even inconsistent translations in every one), and finally to the Initial D PC game I bought for $10 that would've garnered a C at best in a university comp science program. Obviously I'm sitting this sale out on principle, though the complete Fruits Basket series is quite tempting. Also, how arrogant is their logo placement on manga, am I right?

[quote name='Shinpachi'] am I right?[/QUOTE]
No.

[quote name='pete5883']Did TP cancel Shonan Jun'ai Gumi (GTO The Early Years)? Seems like there should be new volumes listed by now.[/QUOTE]
I've been wondering this too.

I finally sat down and watched all of Mai-Hime. It really really picks up at around Volume 5, and I absolutely adored it. It turned out to be a lot more than I was expecting and was a steal at the purchase price. Now I've just got to wait for an opportunity to grab Mai-Otome with free shipping.

[quote name='GuardianE']I finally sat down and watched all of Mai-Hime. It really really picks up at around Volume 5, and I absolutely adored it. It turned out to be a lot more than I was expecting and was a steal at the purchase price. Now I've just got to wait for an opportunity to grab Mai-Otome with free shipping.[/QUOTE]

The last sale was your chance =/. Mai-Otome is also very good, with similar themes, and is almost as adorable (although a little more mature). Love them both.

[quote name='the_punisher']The last sale was your chance =/. Mai-Otome is also very good, with similar themes, and is almost as adorable (although a little more mature). Love them both.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know, but I really didn't want to buy 25 individual discs this time around. I've got plenty of anime to watch from the previous sales, so I can afford to wait for the next one. And it doesn't look like it's ever going to go out of stock. I wonder why that is? Why is there a seemingly endless stock of the series in the bargain bin? Did it really not sell well?

In any case, I'll just start in on Witchblade for now.

I thought Mai-Hime was surprisingly mature towards the end, but I really don't know what to expect out of Mai-Otome (besides reintroductions of characters from Mai-Hime).

EDIT: Wow, the series (with box set... how could I say no?) would put me at $40, so I might as well place an order now since it's almost free shipping. Recommendations for a $10 filler?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GuardianE']Yeah, I know, but I really didn't want to buy 25 individual discs this time around. I've got plenty of anime to watch from the previous sales, so I can afford to wait for the next one. And it doesn't look like it's ever going to go out of stock. I wonder why that is? Why is there a seemingly endless stock of the series in the bargain bin? Did it really not sell well?

In any case, I'll just start in on Witchblade for now.

I thought Mai-Hime was surprisingly mature towards the end, but I really don't know what to expect out of Mai-Otome (besides reintroductions of characters from Mai-Hime).

EDIT: Wow, the series (with box set... how could I say no?) would put me at $40, so I might as well place an order now since it's almost free shipping. Recommendations for a $10 filler?[/QUOTE]

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/lvPyZcNrcmLXx3xy0M/browse/item/59946/4/0/-2334
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/lvPyZcNrcmLXx3xy0M/browse/item/60328/4/0/-2334

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/lvPyZcNrcmLXx3xy0M/browse/item/62145/4/0/-2334
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/lvPyZcNrcmLXx3xy0M/browse/item/62798/4/0/-2334
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/lvPyZcNrcmLXx3xy0M/browse/item/63430/4/0/-2334

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/lvPyZcNrcmLXx3xy0M/browse/item/66775/4/0/-2334

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/lvPyZcNrcmLXx3xy0M/browse/item/80859/4/0/-2334

A Funimation sale started today. It includes all the recent Blu-Ray release announcements that they made over the past couple days. Also, Evangelion movie 1 and DBZ Dragonbox 1 is up for preorder.

I'm thinking about taking advantage of the sale to pre-order some of the recently announced Blu-Ray boxsets since they would be cheaper then amazon. I'll probably hold off on The NGE movie(I can wait until the Bluray comes out).

[quote name='pete5883']Has the NGE movie had a Blu-ray release in Japan yet?[/QUOTE]

The new one? Yes, and Funimation is bringing it out here next spring.

Wow, that 25 for $100 sale really drained the wallets in this thread, huh? Anyway, the new sale is 40% off retail prices for Funimation stuff. And since Funi actually gives a damn about Blu-ray, this might be a worthy sale for anyone looking for hi-def anime. I know for sure Devil May Cry and Full Metal Panic S2 are on Blu-ray and part of the sale.

[quote name='Chronis']Wow, that 25 for $100 sale really drained the wallets in this thread, huh?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it did. I placed four 25-for-$100 orders. Also, I made a $54 dollar order a couple days before the sale was even up.

College horse shit doesn't help either. I just bought my parking tag for $128. Tuition costs have been rising every semester, and I think most of my books for my four classes this semester are required. Pretty shitty.

However, I am going to check my expenses this Sunday in order to determine if I can make an order based off of this Funimation sale. If I do make an order I plan on buying all of the volumes of Darker Than Black with the artbox and Romeo x Juliet Part 2.

Yay for community college then. My parking pass is $15, and even then, it doesn't get checked, so I could have not bought it.

As for the sale, I was about to get Black Lagoon S2, but since it's officially Geneon, it's not part of the sale. :( It is $27 right now though so I'm probably gonna get it anyway.

In case anyone was concerned , I'm not dead and I have not abandoned the thread. I was having some internet connection problems earlier in the week (short version , AT&T sucks) and have also been away from my computer a bunch this week since I've been on vacation from work. Since the current sale runs through sunday , I'll probably go ahead and just wait to update when the new sale goes up.

Sorry for anyone who's been bothered by my lack of updates once again.

I picked up Romeo x Juliet vol 2 and to get free shipping added the Full Moon wo Sagashite artbook that's on sale this week for my wife as she loves all things Tanemura.

Now that I've finished off RxJ I think I'll stick with Netflix for my anime viewing.

OP finally updated. Sorry for another extended disappearance.

Kinda boring sale this week. Just an additional 10% off any available items. I suppose it's good if your looking to pick up a couple different things from several different companies.

[quote name='mlisette23']Everything I want is out of stock:([/QUOTE]

I wouldn't sweat it- this is a lousy sale by TRSI standards. Normally these in-stock sales are for 20% off the TRSI price, meaning manga is a deal- but by dropping it to 10%, it's now cheaper to wait for a proper studio sale across the board.

This is only worth it if there's some oddball DVD or merch from a company that doesn't get studio sales... but for pretty much all of those, I bet Amazon can give you a better deal anyway. (Fine by me- this gives me a great chance to buff up my Viz sale funds more. ;))

bread's done
Back