RPG Thread X will never be localized because you'd rather buy another generic FPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='distgfx']Close enough to an RPG, MegaMan Legends 3 has been canceled - http://www.capcom-unity.com/devroom/blog/2011/07/18/a_message_from_capcom[/QUOTE]

Here is a public service announcement for Capcom:
2062.jpg

[quote name='Rodimus']Wow, first Mega Man Universe now MML3. Capcom be hatin' on my Blue Bomber.[/QUOTE]

I remember them saying they didn't think Mega Man is popular in North America for some reason, which is just silly.

[quote name='jello44']I remember them saying they didn't think Mega Man is popular in North America for some reason, which is just silly.[/QUOTE]

They also didn't think of PCs as gaming platforms! :nottalking:

Look at my Steam account, Capcom. LOOK AT IT! I own all of your PC games, except for the colonies edition of LP!

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Trailer for Atelier Totori. The end gives away the boxart and the existence of a premium edition similar to those that NISA have been doing recently. I'll certainly be pre-ordering it.
[/QUOTE]

What is the deal with the Atelier series?

[quote name='Jest']What is the deal with the Atelier series?[/QUOTE]
What exactly are you trying to ask with that question?

In short, it's an RPG with less focus on fighting and exploring and more focus on gathering ingredients and item crafting. If that's not answering your question, be more specific.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']What exactly are you trying to ask with that question?

In short, it's an RPG with less focus on fighting and exploring and more focus on gathering ingredients and item crafting. If that's not answering your question, be more specific.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much what I was interested in knowing. Are the stories linked at all?

[quote name='Jest']That's pretty much what I was interested in knowing. Are the stories linked at all?[/QUOTE]
Some of them are. There are 3 PS3 games (Totori is the 2nd, Rorona is the first), and they're all linked. It's called the Arland series because Rorona's subtitle is The ALchemist of Arland and Totori's subtitle is The Adventurer of Arland (In Japan, it was just The Alchemist of Arland 2). They have returning characters. In fact, Rorona returns in Totori to be Totori's alchemy teacher. Although, I don't really think it's necessary to play them both.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Some of them are. There are 3 PS3 games (Totori is the 2nd, Rorona is the first), and they're all linked. It's called the Arland series because Rorona's subtitle is The ALchemist of Arland and Totori's subtitle is The Adventurer of Arland (In Japan, it was just The Alchemist of Arland 2). They have returning characters. In fact, Rorona returns in Totori to be Totori's alchemy teacher. Although, I don't really think it's necessary to play them both.[/QUOTE]

And some how Mana Khemia is tied in there too? Its' such an up hill struggle to get into these games it seems.

[quote name='Jest']And some how Mana Khemia is tied in there too? Its' such an up hill struggle to get into these games it seems.[/QUOTE]
Not really. The only tie that Mana Khemia has is that it's made by the same company and its plot also has a lot to do with alchemy.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Some of them are. There are 3 PS3 games (Totori is the 2nd, Rorona is the first), and they're all linked. It's called the Arland series because Rorona's subtitle is The ALchemist of Arland and Totori's subtitle is The Adventurer of Arland (In Japan, it was just The Alchemist of Arland 2). They have returning characters. In fact, Rorona returns in Totori to be Totori's alchemy teacher. Although, I don't really think it's necessary to play them both.[/QUOTE]

Is there a US release date for Totori yet?

Mass Effect 2 "Arrival" is on sale on Xbox Live, I'm about to pick it up (I wonder if any of the other add-ons will drop too, I need some of the others also)

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Ha ha, not on purpose. I may need to steal your avatar character again though.[/QUOTE]

Hehe, Aegis was my favorite character in that game (I didn't use her much in combat though). I have an awesome chibi plush of her. :oops:

This one:

aegis0.jpg

[quote name='blueshinra']icebeast: Have you seen the WonFes exclusive Aegis figma yet? - http://myfigurecollection.net/item/74970_shin_megami_tensei_persona_3_fes_aegis_figma_heavy[/QUOTE]

No I hadn't seen that model, that looks cool, I might get it, I wanted to get a model for Aegis, but I think most of the ones they made were out of print by the time I decided to get one.

I really love this one personally, but I think it was custom made:

http://www.big.or.jp/~h-gauge/VOTE/comvote.cgi?id=AEGIS

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Looks like Aigis took a wrong turn and wound up in a Magna Carta game.[/QUOTE]

Haha, you're right, it does kind of look like Hyung-tae Kim's style, and I just thought of another guy for the Hottest Male Video Game Characters thread, Calintz.
calintz+magna+carta.jpeg
:drool:

[quote name='icebeast']I really love this one personally, but I think it was custom made:

http://www.big.or.jp/~h-gauge/VOTE/comvote.cgi?id=AEGIS[/QUOTE]
I thought it looked familiar, so I looked it up. It's a garage kit - http://myfigurecollection.net/item/18472_shin_megami_tensei_persona_3_aegis_1_6_heavy_gauge

Personally, I'm hoping to see colored prototypes of the Etna, Flonne, and Jack Frost Nendoroids at WonFes next week. Once preorders are open for these three, I'm there!

Oh, and here's one of the latest 25th Anniversary Dragon Quest items announced: a gold Slime. Fortunately, it's a lot cheaper than some of the other stuff announced so far.

[quote name='icebeast']Hehe, Aegis was my favorite character in that game (I didn't use her much in combat though). I have an awesome chibi plush of her. :oops:

This one:

aegis0.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Do want.

It's a lot of money for a plushie though...

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Looks like Aigis took a wrong turn and wound up in a Magna Carta game.[/QUOTE]

Nah she isn't packing D cups, she couldn't be in Magna Carta.

How much game is left in Dragon Age Origins after the landsmeet? I'm probably going to finish off the landsmeet tonight.

Are there hours of ending cutscenes/epilogues? I'm just wondering if I should save the ending for a weeknight or a day off.

[quote name='eldergamer']How much game is left in Dragon Age Origins after the landsmeet? I'm probably going to finish off the landsmeet tonight.

Are there hours of ending cutscenes/epilogues? I'm just wondering if I should save the ending for a weeknight or a day off.[/QUOTE]

The entire last battle section is pretty long, then you have your cut scenes and everything else.I'd say give yourself at least 3 hours.

[quote name='Japanese Dorito']I was watching battle gameplay videos of Persona 3....I want to go get it now!!!![/QUOTE]

Go get it, NOW. I command you.

[quote name='jello44']Go get it, NOW. I command you.[/QUOTE]

I don't have any money :(

But I got a job interview next week, so I'll have money soon

[quote name='Japanese Dorito']I don't have any money :(

But I got a job interview next week, so I'll have money soon[/QUOTE]

You hope! =(

I need a damned job, fuck.

I'm coming for you, Ryuukishi!

[quote name='distgfx']You hope! =(

I need a damned job, fuck.

I'm coming for you, Ryuukishi![/QUOTE]

I seriously hope man =(

Maybe....I should sell some of my games (like Infinite Undiscovery)

[quote name='Japanese Dorito']I seriously hope man =(

Maybe....I should sell some of my games (like Infinite Undiscovery)[/QUOTE]

You could also sell blood ... or sperm.

[quote name='Japanese Dorito']Hmm....I'm not that desperate for it[/QUOTE]

You might as well make those nightly sessions profitable.

[quote name='distgfx']You might as well make those nightly sessions profitable.[/QUOTE]

Might as well....

ahh for now, I'll just play some Infinite Undiscovery and level those kids up!
0610iud06roka.jpg

[quote name='Ryuukishi']What?! How did I get mixed up in this?[/QUOTE]

I made it your business and now I'm coming for you!

[quote name='Japanese Dorito']ahh for now, I'll just play some Infinite Undiscovery and level those kids up!
0610iud06roka.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I hate those dang kids! Get out of my games you young whipper snappers. :oldman:

Also, I still swear that mom just wanted to get rid of her kids, she was like "Oh, you're going on a dangerous adventure that you may never come back from? Take my little brats... I mean bundles of joy!"

[quote name='icebeast']I hate those dang kids! Get out of my games you young whipper snappers. :oldman:

Also, I still swear that mom just wanted to get rid of her kids, she was like "Oh, you're going on a dangerous adventure that you may never come back from? Take my little brats... I mean bundles of joy!"[/QUOTE]

[quote name='distgfx']Don't do it.[/QUOTE]

I like icebeast's theory on them, I bet their mom just wants her kids to get killed, so she never has to deal with them or hear them again....

They remind of Aerith from FFVII, you don't ever level them up

And tri-ace, for the love of god, please get some good voice-actors for your next game

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Hmm... Do I now post about how I actually liked Infinite Undiscovery... Or do I just back slowly out of the thread and never come back...[/QUOTE]

It's not that bad of a game, just some annoying characters (the kids)

Probably the best tri-ace game this generation (but that's not saying alot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back