RPG Thread X will never be localized because you'd rather buy another generic FPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Hell Monkey']Hmm...lots of Persona avatars in this thread.[/QUOTE]

I know! It's like my own personal poison, I need more dudebro RPG avatars in here.

[quote name='Rodimus']I wish they'd release Mega Man Legends 2. I don't feel like shelling out $50+ for it.[/QUOTE]

That's what I wanted too, but apparently there's some kind of licensing issue.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']
Is there any other kind of avatar? :lol:[/QUOTE]

I think Japanese Dorito and I could make the case that Chiyo-chan avatars are also acceptable.

I've never changed my avatar. I don't even know what it is. I just found it years ago and liked it. Whenever people change their avatars, it confuses me. It's almost like someone changing their face, I start to recognize the person that's posting from their avatar, and then it suddenly changes and the world no longer makes sense.

Hank was right about Alpha Protocol. That game isn't half bad if you can get past the glitchy combat mechanics. I really do love the conversations and decision-making stuff though.

I left my PS3 on with FF7 running when I left for work. My sister unplugged it and took it into her room to watch a movie. Double nostalgia.

[quote name='linkpwns']Hank was right about Alpha Protocol. That game isn't half bad if you can get past the glitchy combat mechanics. I really do love the conversations and decision-making stuff though.[/QUOTE]

That's the best part of that game. Love that shit.

One of these days, Obsidian will get everything right. And it'll be awesome.

[quote name='linkpwns']Hank was right about Alpha Protocol. That game isn't half bad if you can get past the glitchy combat mechanics. I really do love the conversations and decision-making stuff though.[/QUOTE]

That game is actually pretty sweet.

[quote name='ihadFG']I think Japanese Dorito and I could make the case that Chiyo-chan avatars are also acceptable.[/QUOTE]

Just because we are 10 years old and we can fly

[quote name='Japanese Dorito']Just because we are 10 years old and we can fly[/QUOTE]

Not if I pull out her pigtails!

And we all know Nyamo was the best character anyway.

[quote name='jello44']Not if I pull out her pigtails!

And we all know Nyamo was the best character anyway.
[/QUOTE]

Chiyo Chan, Osaka, and Sakaki are the best characters on the show, hell I love Azumanga Daioh

I own it on DVD, I might just do a marathon of it tomorrow ;)

[quote name='Rodimus']I wish they'd release Mega Man Legends 2. I don't feel like shelling out $50+ for it.[/QUOTE]

Well the MML3 cancel made up my mind. Come talk to me if you want MML2

[quote name='hankmecrankme']That's the best part of that game. Love that shit.

One of these days, Obsidian will get everything right. And it'll be awesome.[/QUOTE]
Yes they will. I have not played New Vegas yet but Dungeon Siege 3 was a terrible letdown.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Yes they will. I have not played New Vegas yet but Dungeon Siege 3 was a terrible letdown.[/QUOTE]

I played the demo for Dungeon Siege 3, I was disappointed by it. Thank god for demos ;)

[quote name='Japanese Dorito']I played the demo for Dungeon Siege 3, I was disappointed by it. Thank god for demos ;)[/QUOTE]
I did too, and had some fun with it. It's not the worst game, but it gets to the point where it's like blah. That blah point happened way too fast for me, even as the fire chick, the best character.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I did too, and had some fun with it. It's not the worst game, but it gets to the point where it's like blah. That blah point happened way too fast for me, even as the fire chick, the best character.[/QUOTE]

I mean with a friend, I don't think it would be too bad, since your just killing things with your friends

but as a single player game, it just seems boring

[quote name='Japanese Dorito']I mean with a friend, I don't think it would be too bad, since your just killing things with your friends

but as a single player game, it just seems boring[/QUOTE]
Yeah I been playing it mostly singleplayer. It's not that it's boring, it's genericness kicks in after a few hours.

[quote name='Japanese Dorito']I played the demo for Dungeon Siege 3, I was disappointed by it. Thank god for demos ;)[/QUOTE]

I actually hated the demo, but a friend of mine picked it up and lent me his copy while he was out of town. Blazed through it in about 8-9 hrs but enjoyed my time with it. It wasn't amazing, but it was about on par with the Baldur's Gate games on PS2.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Yes they will. I have not played New Vegas yet but Dungeon Siege 3 was a terrible letdown.[/QUOTE]
New Vegas was awesome. The gameplay fixed a lot of things wrong with Fallout 3. The trouble is the story is lacking because of all the factions and the multiple ending paths, I think.

So Dungeon Siege 3 is blah single-player but fun for local multi-player? I got the demo but haven't tried it yet. Was hoping to play through with my wife. We did enjoy the 4 PS2 BG : DA and Champions of Norrath games.

[quote name='Backlash']So Dungeon Siege 3 is blah single-player but fun for local multi-player? I got the demo but haven't tried it yet. Was hoping to play through with my wife. We did enjoy the 4 PS2 BG : DA and Champions of Norrath games.[/QUOTE]
Pretty much my take on it. It's a pretty generic Diablo ripoff (as of your basic fantasy plot), but if you have someone to play with, it's worth a shot for maybe $20-$30

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I've never changed my avatar. I don't even know what it is. I just found it years ago and liked it. Whenever people change their avatars, it confuses me. It's almost like someone changing their face, I start to recognize the person that's posting from their avatar, and then it suddenly changes and the world no longer makes sense.[/QUOTE]
I switch mine up here and at a couple other places every six months or so, but my deviantART one has been the same for years (it literally is a blue Shinra logo). There are a few other places where I don't change my avatar, but they're usually sites where I'm less active.

[quote name='ihadFG']I think Japanese Dorito and I could make the case that Chiyo-chan avatars are also acceptable.[/QUOTE]
Miku Hatsune crossovers too, I hope :cool: Azumanga Daioh is a great series, though.

ANYWAY, back on topic: going to try and beat Nocturne today.

[quote name='blueshinra']
ANYWAY, back on topic: going to try and beat Nocturne today.[/QUOTE]
Oh good luck. I heard that last boss takes a hefty amount of time to beat.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Oh good luck. I heard that last boss takes a hefty amount of time to beat.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. The point I'm at now, I'm anticipating at least one more boss before the final one, so it'll take awhile either way.

[quote name='Backlash']I liked Chie the best of the girls in P4. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='jello44']I do that all the time and Chie ftw.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Chie FTW indeed! I'm planning to rock some Chie as soon as I beat P3P and return to P4 fulltime.[/QUOTE]

I'm taking down names.

Yukiko shall be avenged. ;)

Finally beat Lost Odyssey today.Overall it was a pretty good rpg,only problems I had were that Gongora was a shitty villain and the bosses were pretty easy.

[quote name='themaster20000']Finally beat Lost Odyssey today.Overall it was a pretty good rpg,only problems I had were that Gongora was a shitty villain and the bosses were pretty easy.[/QUOTE]

The first 2 bosses are definitely the hardest in the game.

[quote name='bvharris']I'm taking down names.

Yukiko shall be avenged. ;)[/QUOTE]

Clearly Teddie is the best of the girls in P4.
Without even being one.

[quote name='ihadFG']The first 2 bosses are definitely the hardest in the game.[/QUOTE]

Second boss I beat on my first try.The only boss other than the first boss that I had trouble with was when you fought General Kakanas the second time,which was a pretty annoying fight.

[quote name='themaster20000']Second boss I beat on my first try.The only boss other than the first boss that I had trouble with was when you fought General Kakanas the second time,which was a pretty annoying fight.[/QUOTE]

The first boss was the only boss I remember having to do several times. The second boss was a lot easier in comparison, but I remember losing the first time I tried it. I think I beat it on my second try.

I did all the optional bosses as well, but those aren't so bad if you have the right accessories.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Nah nah.[/QUOTE]

Nananana

[quote name='icebeast']Clearly Teddie is the best of the girls in P4.
Without even being one.
[/QUOTE]

I'd hit it.

[quote name='distgfx']Nananana
[/QUOTE]

nana-poster.jpg

[quote name='ihadFG']The first 2 bosses are definitely the hardest in the game.[/QUOTE]

I remember the first one was hard for me, just because I didn't set up my party right

[quote name='Japanese Dorito']I remember the first one was hard for me, just because I didn't set up my party right[/QUOTE]

Even if you do have your party set up right, there's one attack that will wipe your whole party out if the boss uses it twice in a row.

[quote name='ihadFG']Even if you do have your party set up right, there's one attack that will wipe your whole party out if the boss uses it twice in a row.[/QUOTE]

This is true indeed, I just found it easier when I put Jansen (I think that's name) in the back row

[quote name='Japanese Dorito']This is true indeed, I just found it easier when I put Jansen (I think that's name) in the back row[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that definitely helps make it more doable. I found it best (throughout most of the game) to keep Kaim and Seth in front and the rest in back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back