RPG Thread X will never be localized because you'd rather buy another generic FPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoyed the hell out of Oblivion.I didn't like the whole enemies adjusting to your level thing and the voice acting but it was a really fun game.Now I rather stick with Morrowind if I had to pick between the two.

Sort of veering off that topic, but one of the things I've always admired about Bethesda (and the same goes for Bioware) is their staunch refusal to shoe-horn multiplayer into their games, even as that's becoming increasingly prevalent. In lesser hands, games like Fallout 3 and Mass Effect 2 would have no doubt had tacked-on multiplayer modes, and I don't doubt for a second that they would have been worse for it.

[quote name='themaster20000']I enjoyed the hell out of Oblivion.I didn't like the whole enemies adjusting to your level thing and the voice acting but it was a really fun game.Now I rather stick with Morrowind if I had to pick between the two.[/QUOTE]

I'm taking that as a personal slant against Sir Patrick Stewart.

You have offended me greatly. Let's do battle. :boxing:

[quote name='Indignate']I'm taking that as a personal slant against Sir Patrick Stewart.

You have offended me greatly. Let's do battle. :boxing:[/QUOTE]

Not to mention Sean Bean and Terence Stamp. Though beyond the main plot characters, I'll definitely agree it left something to be desired.

[quote name='bvharris']Not to mention Sean Bean and Terence Stamp. Though beyond the main plot characters, I'll definitely agree it left something to be desired.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I never got to Terence Stamp's character and I barley touched upon Martin. I was too busy pissing around in the game world.

[quote name='Indignate']Yeah, I never got to Terence Stamp's character and I barley touched upon Martin. I was too busy pissing around in the game world.[/QUOTE]

I always leave the main story for last too. By the time I show up at Kvatch people are like "can you help?" and I'm like "yeah, well I'm the leader of the Fighters, Mages, and Thieves guilds, the Arena champion, head of the Dark Brotherhood, and I'm the fucking lord of the Shivering Isles. So yes, I can help." :D

[quote name='bvharris']I always leave the main story for last too. By the time I show up at Kvatch people are like "can you help?" and I'm like "yeah, well I'm the leader of the Fighters, Mages, and Thieves guilds, the Arena champion, head of the Dark Brotherhood, and I'm the fucking lord of the Shivering Isles. So yes, I can help." :D[/QUOTE]

I was more like, "No, I'm tired of this game. See you in a year...maybe. Bye."

t03Yu.jpg

[quote name='bvharris']Sort of veering off that topic, but one of the things I've always admired about Bethesda (and the same goes for Bioware) is their staunch refusal to shoe-horn multiplayer into their games, even as that's becoming increasingly prevalent. In lesser hands, games like Fallout 3 and Mass Effect 2 would have no doubt had tacked-on multiplayer modes, and I don't doubt for a second that they would have been worse for it.[/QUOTE]
Hm. I guess you haven't heard about the multiplayer in Mass Effect 3?

[quote name='pete5883']Hm. I guess you haven't heard about the multiplayer in Mass Effect 3?[/QUOTE]
That's still just a rumor and there has yet to be any credible evidence for it AFAIK.

[quote name='pete5883']Hm. I guess you haven't heard about the multiplayer in Mass Effect 3?[/QUOTE]

It's still a rumor, but I hope it's not true. If they added multiplayer, they would have to cut stuff out from the actual game, and I don't want that to happen...

and plus I don't think multiplayer would work for the ME series

[quote name='bvharris']Not to mention Sean Bean and Terence Stamp. Though beyond the main plot characters, I'll definitely agree it left something to be desired.[/QUOTE]

Same goes with Fallout 3,other than Liam Neeson and Malcolm McDowell the voice acting was pretty bad.At least with Skyrim they finally decided to have more than 5 people doing all the voices.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish RPGs did more with vocals, it works so well in the Persona series and in Final Fantasy XIII. The Ar tonelico games had quite a bit of vocals in its music too.

I'm playing Star Ocean Second Evolution and the voice acting is surprisingly decent so far (about 5 hours in). The characters and a few of the lines are typical RPG cornball, but I've been pleasantly surprised by the way the actors are at least hitting the right emphasis in the lines.

[quote name='bvharris']Sort of veering off that topic, but one of the things I've always admired about Bethesda (and the same goes for Bioware) is their staunch refusal to shoe-horn multiplayer into their games, even as that's becoming increasingly prevalent. In lesser hands, games like Fallout 3 and Mass Effect 2 would have no doubt had tacked-on multiplayer modes, and I don't doubt for a second that they would have been worse for it.[/QUOTE]
Fallout 3 could've done multiplayer just fine if it had a co-op mode like Borderlands.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Fallout 3 could've done multiplayer just fine if it had a co-op mode like Borderlands.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. It would have been incredibly awkward with the VATS system, they'd probably have to remove it entirely from the multiplayer. Do you think Fallout 3's base non-VATS shooting mechanics could hold up on their own as part of a multiplayer game? Because I don't. And I'm glad they didn't try.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Also, could you imagine how much buggier the game would be if they added MP?[/QUOTE]

The game was already a bug-fest, so yes. It probably would've felt like New Vegas, but worse at launch

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I wish RPGs did more with vocals, it works so well in the Persona series and in Final Fantasy XIII. The Ar tonelico games had quite a bit of vocals in its music too.[/QUOTE]

I'm a music guy, myself. Typically, when vocals are added to pop music, the emphasis is placed on the vocals, not the instrumentation. I prefer hearing melodies from instruments.

Started Cthulu Saves the World and it is hilarious. It has a fantastic twist on the old nostalgia of RPGs. The developer(s?) did a great job and I recommend it to anyone who likes RPGs, especially since it is so cheap on Steam.

Its $3 for both Cthulhu Saves the World and Breath of Death VII.

They both look like a blast. I'll definitely be getting them in the future.

For people wondering if they should buy the pack, get it

I have only played Breath of Death VII and I think I've gotten my 3 bucks out of it

Finished Breath of Death today, about 2 hours into Cthulhu.

Breath was pretty sweet. The 2 hours I've played Cthulhu reveal a more polished and better game.

Highly recommended, especially for $3 for both.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Finished Breath of Death today, about 2 hours into Cthulhu.

Breath was pretty sweet. The 2 hours I've played Cthulhu reveal a more polished and better game.

Highly recommended, especially for $3 for both.[/QUOTE]

I'm buying it because of you.

First steam game ever.

[quote name='Japanese Dorito']It's still a rumor, but I hope it's not true. If they added multiplayer, they would have to cut stuff out from the actual game, and I don't want that to happen...[/QUOTE]
Yout know that't not how things work, right? Like, if the game was finished, and EA told them to go back and add multiplayer, they wouldn't have to take anything out, you know? And ME3 did get delayed to next year... so I'm thinking this is close to what happened.

[quote name='pete5883']Yout know that't not how things work, right? Like, if the game was finished, and EA told them to go back and add multiplayer, they wouldn't have to take anything out, you know? And ME3 did get delayed to next year... so I'm thinking this is close to what happened.[/QUOTE]
I am pretty sure this is what happened. I am sure Bioware didn't want any multiplayer but I am sure EA pretty much forced them too. I mean I guess it's ok, as long as it's like some shit that doesn't effect the story or have any impact to it seeing I wont be playing MP.

I think I should start the Breath of Death/CSTW pack sometime, probably after I finish monster tale. I bought it when it was $2.69 because I can't pass up a $2.69 RPG game with Cthulhu in it.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']I keep meaning to get Breath of Death on Xbox Indies but keep delaying cause I don't want to add to my backlog. About how long is it?[/QUOTE]

Around 4-6 hours

XIII really did have one of the most high quality sound tracks I've heard. Across the board too, not just a few really great ones. Zone after zone it was just fucking lovely to listen to. And it wasn't just melodic pieces that get stuck in your head either, everything had an amazing amount of layers and build up. FFX has more nostalgia value for me though =D

One of my favorites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZGqeF30zE8&hd=1

Best boss theme?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO2A7pn0P4A

Best end boss build up ever?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n76G3n4-kU&feature=related

see the problem is if i keep going, i'll just link every track in the game

XIII has my favorite battle theme of the series. I also love how Lightning's Theme is a slowed down, piano led rendition of the battle theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back