Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I wonder what Mooby wouldn't do for Hearthstone cardz. The list can't be very long...
57819864.jpg

Same here. Never finished Syberia 1. Other stuff got in the way.

Also in my backlog.

So is Still Life 2 + Nikopol.
Still Life 2 is only mildly worth playing if you played Still Life, and even then that is only really til the point they reveal who the killer in the first game was. That or just look up the cutscene on youtube and skip SL2 all together. Also need to play Nikopol though.

Actually I have the vast majority of Classic cards so a vanilla pack would most likely be 60ish dust.  Probably a less than 1% chance I'd pull a card I didn't have.... but...

2367aa1.jpg

Should give it to Pickle, I think his collection is a bit more sparse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Overwatch is still Overwatch.

Nothing really changed except for a few character tweaks. I still put 3 and a half hours into it though with my friends.
Few slight changes to the UI, overall it's still as fun as I remember it.

Got a rare skin my first lootbox that I opened.

Etq8dBj.jpg

Just want to let everyone here know that over at Putinland, Valhalla Hills: Two-Horned Helmet Edition is glitched at 80% ($2 ish) while the standard edition is only 40% off

(Yes, it is region free!)

Just want to let everyone here know that over at Putinland, Valhalla Hills: Two-Horned Helmet Edition is glitched at 80% ($2 ish) while the standard edition is only 40% off

It's been a long time since I've messed with that. If anybody wants to help me out I'll offer $3!

Thanks for sharing. But I had to look that game up because I had never heard of it. If you have to look a game up, you can probably live without it.

Might be a different story if I already had a second Putin only account on Gamersgate (or I wasn't such a pussy about possibly getting my main account banned). But I aint gonna go to the hassle to get in on that price glitch. Especially since it's a Daedalic game. If I wait long enough, it'll sell for 10 cents in an Indie Gala bundle.

Odds are that it's probably not a glitch anyway as it's been that price all day. I bet we can expect to see it in a bundle soon; at least the normal version, anyway.

Good lord Gamersgate is not worth the effort.  "Your order has been flagged for manual review."  

On Blue coins.   I hadn't even tried to vist putinland yet.   

At this point I hope they cancel the order/ban the account for whatever reason just so I can ignore their glitches and never use the site again.  lol

Good lord Gamersgate is not worth the effort. "Your order has been flagged for manual review."

On Blue coins. I hadn't even tried to vist putinland yet.

At this point I hope they cancel the order/ban the account for whatever reason just so I can ignore their glitches and never use the site again. lol
Oh I get that on every order now. It's the new normal for them.

I also bought Valhalla Hills Two Horned Helmet yesterday when I noticed it at 80% off. Didn't get manual review, obviously YMMV on that. My thought is that when they bundle it, it will probably be the base game not the two horned helmet edition. I could also see it ending up in a higher tier with a bunch of shit I already own. It comes to $2.68.

Didn't mention it when I first saw it because putinland.

Oh I get that on every order now. It's the new normal for them.
with very few orders they get with their shitty sale and lame discount, AshotP needs to prove to his Paradox Overlord that him and his underling are still worth keeping

"MANUAL REVIEW EVERY ORDER!!!!!!!!!!!!" :D/

Actually I have the vast majority of Classic cards so a vanilla pack would most likely be 60ish dust. Probably a less than 1% chance I'd pull a card I didn't have.... but...

Should give it to Pickle, I think his collection is a bit more sparse.
Mooby wants you to "give him the pickle".....please don't deny him...

I do agree Overwatch is Overwatch. So here's some more impressions:

1. It does feel a bit shallow sometimes. Try to play with friends or people who want to play since it's a heavy team game. My friend gets his in a day so I will play more with him then.

2. It plays well enough though every now and then I get sudden lag spots or my graphics slow a bit when a lot is happening on the screen. My video card is mid range or so, so it may be my rig. Does get annoying though.

3. There needs to be more supports big time. Everyone and their mother is playing Lucio probably after seeing the tier lists. I'm seeing a lot of the top tier characters almost too much of the time.

4. Team compisition is needed big time. If you have too many snipers (more than 1), too many offense (usually more than 3), or too many tanks or such you will lose. I back out of every game now if there are 2 snipers....since I lost every one of those games yesterday by a large margin (4-5 games lost like this very quickly).

5. It's not a great game....I will rate it about 7/10 or so. It does get repetitive, but it plays alright and for the most part most characters are viable, though i'm starting to see why people dislike Mei....I like her somewhat but she doesn't fit that well with many teams.

6. Very few people on PC seem to use voice chat so far. I wasn't using it either, just chat, but I will from now on since it's helpful.

7. While I don't think it's a great game, it fits my CoD mood, where I play an hour to two every other day or so. It will fit the niche well and can't wait till my friends get their copy.

8. My battle.net account name is nitromob. Add me I usually play around 8 PM MST time.

So yes it's a hyped game, but still fun nonetheless. I still hate some maps a lot though like the Japan one.

Is there a difference in quality between VGA and HDMI/DP? My main monitor is a GSYNC 1440p/165hz predator so it requires DP, but my second monitor is just a 27" asus 1080p 60hz, I was going to hook up my PS4 and 360 into the HDMI ports and use the VGA port with a DVI adapter for the monitor if it's no difference in quality.

Is there a difference in quality between VGA and HDMI/DP? My main monitor is a GSYNC 1440p/165hz predator so it requires DP, but my second monitor is just a 27" asus 1080p 60hz, I was going to hook up my PS4 and 360 into the HDMI ports and use the VGA port with a DVI adapter for the monitor if it's no difference in quality.
I can spot a VGA connected display in a second. VGA is obsolete, and prone to signal degradation. Always, always use digital connections on Digital displays whenever possible, specially in high resolutions.

Yes, VGA is analog connection and it does degrade in quality, depending on length and quality of cable.

Also monitors apply filtering to analog data, so image quality does degrade in that process (eg. text gets blurry).

Short answer - Yes.

Longer answer - It's something to do with digital and analog. VGA is analog, HDMI and everything else will be digital.

I didn't really believe it until I had two monitors side by side. Both had HDMI and VGA ports but my graphics card could only hold one HDMI port (it had 2 DVI ports though), so I just pop monitor #2 in the VGA. It looked "fuzzy". Not massively fuzzy, but enough to annoy me when I compared like with like.

I solved my problem by buying an HDMI --> DVI adapter off eBay for a couple of quid.

Don't do VGA, it's just wrong.

:shame:

Bold prediction: VGA monitors will be Motoki's new bugbear.

Also, nobody should be bothered about Deadlight HD. It was a barely average game with a hideous helicopter chase sequence that deserves to rot in hell.

If you're not AmazonTony bundling it, you're doing it wrong.

(Hmm, I appear to be grumpy today)

I liked Deadlight a decent amount. Controlled decently and was alright gameplay wise. Story was kind of meh, but still worth playing. I am getting a bit tired of these enhanced editions that don't mean much for newer games....

Bold prediction: VGA monitors will be Motoki's new bugbear.

Also, nobody should be bothered about Deadlight HD. It was a barely average game with a hideous helicopter chase sequence that deserves to rot in hell.

If you're not AmazonTony bundling it, you're doing it wrong.

(Hmm, I appear to be grumpy today)
I actually don't care one way or another about VGA. Now EGA that's probably MysterD's bag.

Deadlight having a deluxe redux directors whatever is a DUH. Everyone's doing it now.

PS - When you are buying Ninja Turtles for us from Tesco powerup rewards or whatever the heck it is? :p

I actually played Uriel's Chasm. It was horrible. It was a terrible game and a terrible parody/satire.
Uriel's Chasm was supposed to be a parody? I also played it and thought it was honest-to-god-or-whatever-they-worship shit. I mean, knowing that doesn't change my opinion of the game, but at least I know.

Uriel's Chasm was supposed to be a parody? I also played it and thought it was honest-to-god-or-whatever-they-worship shit. I mean, knowing that doesn't change my opinion of the game, but at least I know.
I.... assumed it was? Based on the "OMG this game is sooo bad! LOLCOPTER" beginning and the shit like spaceships shooting crosses to collect Bibles from asteroids. I figured it was supposed to be parody of the crappy religiously themed NES games from the 80s/90s.

But if you showed me something saying it was supposed to be "straight" then I guess I wouldn't be surprised. Either way, it sucked.

3. There needs to be more supports big time. Everyone and their mother is playing Lucio probably after seeing the tier lists. I'm seeing a lot of the top tier characters almost too much of the time
When I played the closed beta this was the most notable aspect -- that certain characters were just flat out better than their counterparts. Supports in particular since there are relatively few of them. And, yeah, a big issue with random groups is going to be everyone picking the sniper or the girl with the nice butt. If you get enough friends to be able to wield a semi-competent team it's okay. If you have to play with strangers, it's going to lean towards the frustrating side.

Blizzard knows how to hype games, though. This is a very basic shooter without much depth yet everyone and their mother is clambering to play it.

I played a little of Uriel's Chasm.  I also played with Wieler and Bah's mom's chasms and those were much wider.  Anyway, it's a troll game.  Like meant to be super, omg rofltcopter, 2deep4u hard.  Motokiaintnobodygottimefordat.meme

I thought Uriel's Chasm is supposed to be a euphemism for some chick's vagina.
Do angels have genitals? Is that a loaded question?

I played a little of Uriel's Chasm. I also played with Wieler and Bah's mom's chasms and those were much wider. Anyway, it's a troll game. Like meant to be super, omg rofltcopter, 2deep4u hard. Motokiaintnobodygottimefordat.meme
Well, I think maybe the problem with making a joke game is that people just assume that you made a game that was crap not as a statement but because that's the best you could do.

Bundle sacrifice successful... kinda...

20.30 - Madjoki: http://i.imgur.com/crzHQjO.png to bundle sacrifice or not to bundle sacrifice?

And I didn't even pay yet
That's less of a sacrifice and more of a facepalm.

I've mentioned this in this thread before, but Overwatch is the best fps I've ever played. While my friends and I were going through OW withdrawal between open beta and release, we played my previous 2 favorite multiplayer fps's: Quake 1 and 3. Man, Q1 has aged poorly. I felt like I could barely control it. Q3 is still decent, but it doesn't have that amazing feel that I recall from 15 years ago. The "feel" of OW is as perfect as any game I've ever played.

When people say OW is shallow, I can kind of see what they're saying, but at the same time, I have trouble thinking of any fps that has a deeper experience. I mean, I guess Battleborn is deeper, but that's an exception because they were trying something so different. I guess you could also throw in games with user made content, but that's a little bit of a different beast.

Also, in regards to supports, yeah, they could use more, but Lucio, Mercy and Symmetra are all excellent. Zenyatta was nerfed during beta and is now possibly the worst character in the game, but with the right player, he can still be good.

bread's done
Back