Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Is there some trick to completing a purchase of zgold on razors site. Every payment method I try fails, pending charges show on my accounts but transaction never completes on razors end. 

Is there some trick to completing a purchase of zgold on razors site. Every payment method I try fails, pending charges show on my accounts but transaction never completes on razors end.
I've never had that issue. I use Paypal. Maybe email them about it? Sometimes their site is wonky or down and won't let me log in so I just try again later.

Downloaded Dead by Daylight to try out the free weekend and I gotta say, I'm enjoying it way more than I anticipated. I've only played a couple games as a survivor, but it's very intense and fun. I kind of regret not getting the $10 tier of the humble bundle now.

Just a heads up to all...  MS released an update for Windows 10 that fucked up the frame rates in Forza Motorsports: Apex...  Suppose to be fixed in the fall update.

I don't think anyone else is a big Forza fan so its likely just me who has to assume this is going to fuck up Forza 7 when it comes out in a few weeks...  Anyone, one the fence I would certainly considering hold off till there is a fix.

I'm not sure how MS would even consider the windows store becoming a major player in PC gaming when OS updates can fuck up games...  I cannot think of a single game on Steam, Origins, or uplay that gets messed up by patching an OS. 

Oh, we haven't talked about it much (if at all) but Cuphead is coming to Steam...  Even with it being free via Bing points I think I would pass on a Windows 10 version. 

20$ is not a great price for Zestiria. Berseria is much better for that price so I would just buy Berseria instead. I know it haven't reached that price yet, but its very close to it.
I'm not saying that you can't get better games for that amount, I was just saying that if someone came to me and said "I spent $20 to get ToZ will I get that amount of enjoyment out of it?" I would say "yes, you will". Of course you can always get better deals and there are likely better games to spend that money on but that doesn't mean ToZ isn't worth paying that amount for.

Just a heads up to all... MS released an update for Windows 10 that fucked up the frame rates in Forza Motorsports: Apex... Suppose to be fixed in the fall update.

I don't think anyone else is a big Forza fan so its likely just me who has to assume this is going to fuck up Forza 7 when it comes out in a few weeks... Anyone, one the fence I would certainly considering hold off till there is a fix.

I'm not sure how MS would even consider the windows store becoming a major player in PC gaming when OS updates can fuck up games... I cannot think of a single game on Steam, Origins, or uplay that gets messed up by patching an OS.

Oh, we haven't talked about it much (if at all) but Cuphead is coming to Steam... Even with it being free via Bing points I think I would pass on a Windows 10 version.
<---- Huge Forza fanboy

I will test this out on my system and see how it fares. If it ruins it then I will not be happy as I have been getting my streaming "ducks" in a row and was going to use Forza 7 as a testing ground.

<---- Huge Forza fanboy

I will test this out on my system and see how it fares. If it ruins it then I will not be happy as I have been getting my streaming "ducks" in a row and was going to use Forza 7 as a testing ground.
Rebooting seems to solve it... Temporarily, at least so its not a total pooch screw but when it goes bad its enough to make you sick... Stills telling me I'm getting near 60 FPS in the in game counter but its an outright lie. I know my eyes aren't good enough to see such a minor difference and this seems to be a big hitch every 2 to 3 seconds.

Might have to finally cave on Divinity Original Sin, figured it was prime monthly material but it still hasn't had much of a decent sale. With D:OS2 looking great might have to grab the first or both this christmas.
I've been waiting forever for a decent sale...I don't think it's been below 15 bucks or so. I agree though that it seems like humble monthly headliner material...with the 2nd coming out maybe it'll be in a bundle or have a decent sale. At this point I've waited so long I don't mind waiting longer...besides, have Pillars of Eternity to fill the modern crpg void anyway.

I've been waiting forever for a decent sale...I don't think it's been below 15 bucks or so. I agree though that it seems like humble monthly headliner material...with the 2nd coming out maybe it'll be in a bundle or have a decent sale. At this point I've waited so long I don't mind waiting longer...besides, have Pillars of Eternity to fill the modern crpg void anyway.
Best it's been is $7.50-$10 at walmart I think. Maybe even cheaper than that if your walmart clearanced it lower.

https://www.indiegala.com/dieyoung

DRM Free DL of Die Young available there for anyone interested. Released to combat pirates and they just ask you buy the game if you like it.
Not hating on free stuff or anything, but I assume they won't be updating the free version? Right now it's more of a demo than a full game, it's unfinished and they seem to frequently update the steam version. Why anyone would bother pirating it is beyond me

I think they were trying to copy what Darkwood did to get some positive PR, but Darkwood is a full game, so big difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I tried with paypal as well and it was a no go, sent the email last night and got a reply this morning telling me to try with a Subway or dollar general gift card. Has anyone else purchased zgold with either of those methods?

Yeah I tried with paypal as well and it was a no go, sent the email last night and got a reply this morning telling me to try with a Subway or dollar general gift card. Has anyone else purchased zgold with either of those methods?
I have not. The biggest risk there is trying, it not working, and being stuck with a GC to either of those places if you don't shop or eat there often.

Deal stolen from CAG Twitter:

(PCDD) Call of Duty Infinite Warfare Digital Legacy Edition $34.99 via Newegg w/ Code: EMCRKBG35

Comes with MW Remastered

Amazon:

Mass Effect: Andromeda PC version (physical retail box) = $15.94 **

** Price before shipping & tax.

** MEA PC only comes w/ an Origin game-code in the box so you will have to download the game.

** No disc included.
That's sort of tempting but I know I won't get through it before I get really busy towards the end of the month.

I haven't followed prices but they have the trilogy box edition for 13.99:

https://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-Trilogy-PC/dp/B0050SZ980/ref=pd_sim_63_1?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=BN5DHBV8N5SQPPTJG148&th=1

(third party fulfilled by amazon.)

That's sort of tempting but I know I won't get through it before I get really busy towards the end of the month.

I haven't followed prices but they have the trilogy box edition for 13.99:

https://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-Trilogy-PC/dp/B0050SZ980/ref=pd_sim_63_1?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=BN5DHBV8N5SQPPTJG148&th=1

(third party fulfilled by amazon.)
MEA (PC retail box) is down to $15.89 now. :p Seems like the price is doing the Amazon thing of dropping slowly but surely, last few days.

I'm some 39 hours into ME: Andromeda and I am having a really good time w/ it b/c of the open-world exploration, tons of quests to do, gameplay and gunplay. Best combat in a ME game, no doubt about it - keeping you constantly moving in the fast & furious action. The game's just addictive, as quests and quest-givers are everywhere and around every corner. Story and character development is nowhere on the level of the original ME Trilogy - even though stuff feels like it's finally assembling to something, since I've gotten off Eos (the first planet in the game).

No, ME:A ain't as nowhere as great as the original ME1-3 Trilogy (namely in the story & character development department) overall - but, there's still something about MEA (i.e. gameplay and gunplay) that is compelling me to keep going even despite my complaints w/ it, just like with DA2.

ME Trilogy (includes ME1-3) has been around $9 before digitally, according to ITAD - https://isthereanydeal.com/search/?q=mass+effect+trilogy#/page:game/info?plain=masseffecttrilogy

Also, keep in mind - ME2 has been free On The House on Origin before and has been bundled before - https://isthereanydeal.com/search/?q=mass+effect+trilogy#/page:game/info?plain=masseffectii

ME1 has been around $4 before - https://isthereanydeal.com/search/?q=mass+effect+trilogy#/page:game/info?plain=masseffect

ME3 has been around $5 before - https://isthereanydeal.com/search/?q=mass+effect+trilogy#/page:game/info?plain=masseffectiii

If you haven't played ME Trilogy, I very highly recommend it. The series is great, despite some minor hiccups along the way - i.e. ME1's combat relies too much on dice-rolls + stats (like many shooter/RPG combos before and during that time period), despite though the story & character stuff being great (real reason to play the game). ME2 removed a lot of RPG stats & stuff, but this one is easily the best game in the franchise b/c of major combat improvements and fantastic quests; and especially the final mission in the base-game. ME3 felt like a mix of the great stuff from ME1 (some RPG elements returned), ME2 (the great combat and quests trend continues here), and some tweaks to the gameplay & combat (i.e. you can do a combat dodge-roll move now) - even despite the base-game's ending being horrible.

Just a heads up to all... MS released an update for Windows 10 that fucked up the frame rates in Forza Motorsports: Apex... Suppose to be fixed in the fall update.

I don't think anyone else is a big Forza fan so its likely just me who has to assume this is going to fuck up Forza 7 when it comes out in a few weeks... Anyone, one the fence I would certainly considering hold off till there is a fix.

I'm not sure how MS would even consider the windows store becoming a major player in PC gaming when OS updates can fuck up games... I cannot think of a single game on Steam, Origins, or uplay that gets messed up by patching an OS.

Oh, we haven't talked about it much (if at all) but Cuphead is coming to Steam... Even with it being free via Bing points I think I would pass on a Windows 10 version.
Bing points? Is that like Xbox live points they used to do?

All in serious I would had used Bing more just to get it free

Does this have to do W10's new Game Mode?

Can't you just turn Game Mode on and off in the Windows Settings?

Or is this issue something else entirely w/ Forza?

EDIT:

Hop onto Bing and sign into your Microsoft Outlook e-mail account / XBox account or whatever. Then while signed-in - do searches on Bing, do Bing quizzes, and other Bing activities to generate Bing points. The activities often change daily, weekly, and monthly.

Generate enough Bing points, you can get free stuff - such as $5 Amazon Gift Cards, Jay-Z "4:44" album, GameStop Gift Cards, Microsoft Gift Cards, and other stuff.

Just a heads up to all...
MS released an update for Windows 10 that fucked up the frame rates in Forza Motorsports: Apex... Suppose to be fixed in the fall update.

Never forget

promoLive.jpg

To be fair I was just able to record gameplay of Forza Apex at 60fps @ 4k. GFL was absolutely the worst of the worst but that is not happening (at least for me) in this case.
My general rule for Microsoft products is only support Microsoft if the product in question is the dominant #1 in that marketplace. Microsoft product are excellent if it's currently #1 (i.e. Xbox 360, Windows XP & 7, Windows Office).

If it's #2 or not doing great, then Microsoft will generally cut bait and leave early adopters hanging. Great business move but bad for consumers. (i.e. Zune, Xbone, GFWL, Windows Vista, Windows phones)

Given Microsoft track record, I don't trust Microsoft will support the Windows Stores for long. Their talks of "supporting PC gaming" is similar to things said during the GFWL days.

My general rule for Microsoft products is only support Microsoft if the product in question is the dominant #1 in that marketplace. Microsoft product are excellent if it's currently #1 (i.e. Xbox 360, Windows XP & 7, Windows Office).

If it's #2 or not doing great, then Microsoft will generally cut bait and leave early adopters hanging. Great business move but bad for consumers. (i.e. Zune, Xbone, GFWL, Windows Vista, Windows phones)

Given Microsoft track record, I don't trust Microsoft will support the Windows Stores for long. Their talks of "supporting PC gaming" is similar to things said during the GFWL days.
I am a weirdo who liked GFWL. All of my gamerscore comes from GFWL games (or now Windows 10 store games). I bought a few things through the GFWL Marketplace, which are now hard to re-download. I have them as local archives, so I should still be able to install them as long as those hold up. However, I would not put real money in the Windows 10 store. Luckily I have a bunch of glitch credit.

If they wanted to show their good will I would get a copy of Gears on the Windows 10 store that I bought on the GFWL store. I use the same Windows account for both.

I am a weirdo who liked GFWL. All of my gamerscore comes from GFWL games (or now Windows 10 store games). I bought a few things through the GFWL Marketplace, which are now hard to re-download. I have them as local archives, so I should still be able to install them as long as those hold up. However, I would not put real money in the Windows 10 store. Luckily I have a bunch of glitch credit.

If they wanted to show their good will I would get a copy of Gears on the Windows 10 store that I bought on the GFWL store. I use the same Windows account for both.
I had no issue with it when I was more console centric but as I've gotten older and more PC centric I would rather not have another layer of BS to deal with... It doesn't help that GfWL in its current state is a clusterfuck.

Does this have to do W10's new Game Mode?

Can't you just turn Game Mode on and off in the Windows Settings?

Or is this issue something else entirely w/ Forza?
Seems to be effecting other games also... I didn't investigate too long after seeing a thread about it on the official Forza forums... Right now a system reboot takes care of the issue for a number of races or so. (Likely an hour of gameplay if I had to guess.)

Hopefully Forza 7 doesn't have the issue... Forza Horizon 3 doesn't seem to have it BUT I rarely play it for an hour plus at a time now days.

D pretty much covered it... but no not Xbox live points, sadly, those and all the amazing deals you could find on them are gone.

Anyhow, they've been doing points for Bing searches for years now... You use to be able to get Amazon gift cards and a few other things but I've mostly always done Xbox live points, MS points, Windows store gift cards, etc.

Without having done anything crazy and not doing them for a long, long, time I've gotten a total of 141,181 lifetime points. I currently have 30K in points, which is worth a little over 30 dollars at the Xbox/MS store. (So the Forza 7 expansion pass should be free.)

Finished the Fallen Ghosts DLC for GR Wildlands. For the most part it was pretty enjoyable. It's basically a much smaller version of the base game, but in a smaller map area and only 3 "bosses" to take care of before you face the main villain of it. The jist of the story is that you're up against an evil group of mercenaries who take control of Bolivia after the cartel is wiped out.

It took me 8 hours to complete it and again like the base I didn't do all the side missions and stuff like that. However, there are some wrinkles that are much different from the base game. There's a batch of new enemies to deal with including some super snipers that will one shot kill you, these heavily armored pricks that you can only kill by shooting in the head, and the worst are these dudes who have Crysis like super camo suits that you can only find using the infrared view option. Theres also some new weapons and that sort of thing. The best part is how its presented in that its a little bit more streamlined in terms of intel gathering before a mission and there are some new side missions that aren't in the base game.

Negatively some of the missions take place in the exact same AO as missions in the base including a few that are literally carbon copies of missions in the base with minor changes to fit the new story. In a positive respect some of the mission structures have more layers so its a give and take in that respect.

Not bad, but short and absolutely not essential. Going to give Narco Road a go next and then will be done with this game.

I think buying Divinity Original Sin for $13.75 (with Beyond Divinity and Divine Divinity also) while it was still in early access has been without a doubt the best buy I've ever done in the cesspool.

I think buying Divinity Original Sin for $13.75 (with Beyond Divinity and Divine Divinity also) while it was still in early access has been without a doubt the best buy I've ever done in the cesspool.
I bought Collector's Edition for 26€ during summer sale and sold extra gift for 30€ :D

even better than humble bundle.

Humble Monthly January 2018 :whistle2:
B/c MEA was such a flop, maybe it'll wind up in the $1 tier like how Dead Space 3 ended up.

While Dead Space 3 was good - yeah, it ain't on the level of greatness of Dead Space 1+2.

Same goes for Mass Effect Andromeda, when compared to ME1-3...IMHO. I think MEA is good, but its story & character stuff ain't on ME1-3's level. It also can take a while for this stuff to actually develop, too - so at least the exploration & gunplay's great & addictive here.

B/c MEA was such a flop, maybe it'll wind up in the $1 tier like how Dead Space 3 ended up.

While Dead Space 3 was good - yeah, it ain't on the level of greatness of Dead Space 1+2.

Same goes for Mass Effect Andromeda, when compared to ME1-3...IMHO. I think MEA is good, but its story & character stuff ain't on ME1-3's level. It also can take a while for this stuff to actually develop, too - so at least the exploration & gunplay's great & addictive here.
But MEA was not a flop.

https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/comments/6b8vw1/no_spoilers_andromeda_sales_data_thread/

Okay - it was not a flop, sales-wise.

But critically, it was a critical flop (72 on Metacritic for PC version and other versions are in the 70's also, which is low for games), getting slapped hard by critics and many ME fans back when it was released. Surely, it's in a much better state now - but how many are willing to take a risk on this even when it's $20 on sale, given the amount of drama surrounding it upon release w/ animations & performance issues?

That's not really even getting to the issues of getting the story & character stuff actually going, either - which is going to be impossible to fix, unless it gets drastically overhauled. Even more Codexes could've went a long way in text, just to flesh some stuff out some more; especially early on. I doubt we'll get that and anything else, since EA more less had BioWare Montreal (BWM) ditch the game and cancel the Quarian Ark DLC; and since BWM got mostly moved over to EA's Motive division and other EA Studios.

Let's face it and be honest: BioWare has some of the most vicious fans out there. Their fans expect greatness every time - and most studios cannot do that with every go around. NWN1 (base-game); DA2; ME3 (namely b/c of the ending); and MEA - their fans really screamed at them for not creating absolute masterpieces on those ones. It took HotU to finally make NWN1 worthwhile, in the SP Campaign area.

BioWare's known for their masterpieces & their pedigree (BG1, BG2, DAO, SW: KOTOR, Jade Empire, etc) - and when fans don't get that, they get very angry and get the pitchforks out talking about how much those not-so-great games sucked, when in reality they were more realistically in the mediocre-to-good range; especially compared to other titles from other companies.

I think when a new ME game - or hell, even w/ the BioWare brand name on it, for that matter - many people are going to be very cautious before pre-ordering or buying BW games in its infancy.

Spent some time with Dead Cells this weekend... It really is an amazing even in its current unfinished state.

I'm still uncertain at what carries over each life, cause it doesn't seem like much, but I seem to do better each run.

Okay, so Syntax was right, the best chance you have at the KF2 weekly is soloing it with a high level character.  I wasn't doing so hot with my level 18 Demo, but I'm up to 21 now (all mostly due to failed weekly attempts) and I can solo the weekly to the boss almost too easily.  Still haven't beaten the boss, but have gotten close with both the Patriarch and Hans, getting both in the red.  My main issue with demo is that the strongest attacks require range and the bosses both take that away at some point, making it hard for me to finish them off.  It's PUBG for the rest of the day for me, but I'll probably keep doing a few daily solo attempts at the weekly.  

Been playing some Dead Rising 1 PC today. I'm having a lot of fun here - just running around this big mall; picking up pretty much "anything & everything"; and just beating the hell out of zombies with "anything & everything" (i.e. knives, potted plants, lawn mowers, broomsticks, chairs, benches, etc etc).

Sure, I'm doing side-quests & main quests too, as I'm under the gun of the infamous DR time-limit - but you're here to pulverize zombies.

Fun stuff.

One More Dungeon 3E68C-DY***-90PFV

*** = Three letter word for a hole, starts with "P"

Forced: Slightly Better Edition  0EWKV-9R43K-Y***R

*** = Three letter word to place or set something, starts with "L"

Okay, so Syntax was right, the best chance you have at the KF2 weekly is soloing it with a high level character. I wasn't doing so hot with my level 18 Demo, but I'm up to 21 now (all mostly due to failed weekly attempts) and I can solo the weekly to the boss almost too easily. Still haven't beaten the boss, but have gotten close with both the Patriarch and Hans, getting both in the red. My main issue with demo is that the strongest attacks require range and the bosses both take that away at some point, making it hard for me to finish them off. It's PUBG for the rest of the day for me, but I'll probably keep doing a few daily solo attempts at the weekly.
Saw you and the turtle playing the other night and tried to join, but it was passworded, so I played some weird Spongebob custom map with 30 players...

Anyway, that weekly can be tough, but if you have the right mix of high level players it's not too bad. I can always provide a level 25 (whatever is needed).

Saw you and the turtle playing the other night and tried to join, but it was passworded, so I played some weird Spongebob custom map with 30 players...

Anyway, that weekly can be tough, but if you have the right mix of high level players it's not too bad. I can always provide a level 25 (whatever is needed).
I was reading up and apparently Hans is strong against Demo, so that sort of screws me over too. That's my only high level. If I ever see you on, I'll invite. I think Syntax had set the game up and maybe he set a password? I'll be giving it a few more tries over the next two days and I'm also going to work on leveling a zerk, support, and sharpshooter.

Discovered my two knew favorite guns on PUBG:

M14 and AWM.

M14 is a regular drop. Semi-auto sniper. Found one and kitted it with a 4x and suppressor and got a career high 4 kills.

AWM was a crate drop that Bah got, but he got killed when I stopped the Dacia and said "this is a good spot to stop." Sorry, Bah. Crawled over and looted his dead body and got 4 kills with it too in the end.

Random good deal: call of Cthulhu: dark corners of the earth is 1.24 in the humble bundle sale, it's 1.11 if you're a humble monthly subscriber.  

get on discord and yell at them to let you in. DISCORD!

bread's done
Back