Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Bronight Update for the rest of the month:

12th (Tonight): Insurgency

13th: Dead By Daylight

14th: Crossout (F2P)

19th: Mirage Arcane

20th: BRAIN/OUT (F2P)

21st: Genital Jousting/Mount Your Friends

26th: Killing Floor 2

27th: Warhammer Eternal Crusade (F2P)

28th: Noob Squad/PUBG

And our usually weekly BF1 even on Friday nights.

Tried including one F2P game a week for people who want to join. Crossout is some car combat MMO thing. BRAIN/OUT reminds me a bit of that Serious Sam game everyone just bought. No clue what the Warhammer game is, but it's F2P.

Don't expect us to last long in Noob Squad (Horrible reviews) so 28th will likely be PUBG most of the night.
Was running around crossout with Foxbro last night. Its ok, a little grindy and if you get in maps with guys who have leveled up you have no chance. Its worth dropping 30 min before the bro night to unlock the 3rd gun for your car.

Nice, looks like Dead by Daylight is F2P for the next few days too.
Ha! Didn't even know. It's like I have a gift!

Was running around crossout with Foxbro last night. Its ok, a little grindy and if you get in maps with guys who have leveled up you have no chance. Its worth dropping 30 min before the bro night to unlock the 3rd gun for your car.
Nice to hear it's not horrid. Will try to play it a bit before the bronight.

Season pass for Battlefront is free on Origin.

Not sure if you can even buy the base game anywhere these days.

^that's EA for u. Shits don't make sense...
I think it's just them upgrading all prior owners to the ultimate edition since that's all they sell now (on sale for $4.99 at the moment). They did the same for the original Titanfall. I guess if you can find a retail copy of the base game for less than $4.99 you can score a deal. If the game felt even halfway enjoyable when we bronighted it, I'd easily drop $5 on it, but nope. I'll pull a MysterD and say the game needed a bot/single player mode like the originals.

I think it's just them upgrading all prior owners to the ultimate edition since that's all they sell now (on sale for $4.99 at the moment). They did the same for the original Titanfall. I guess if you can find a retail copy of the base game for less than $4.99 you can score a deal. If the game felt even halfway enjoyable when we bronighted it, I'd easily drop $5 on it, but nope. I'll pull a MysterD and say the game needed a bot/single player mode like the originals.
I rather put $5 toward BF2 since it's a far superior game with 10x the population (according to the recent preview). BF1 MP is leaking players badly (thanks to Battlefield 1 and PUBG) and it has little to do with the lack of SP or bots. More like poor design and lack of meaningful MP content.

Would it kill them to just copy/paste the old BattleFront and just upgrade the graphic for Battlefront 1? I would buy that.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, Gamersgate has added Ass Creed Origin and Crew 2 preorders.  Originally had a 8% discount, now up to 12%, not sure if that'll go up to their usual 20% closer to release date or not, we'll see.  Looks like FC5 will come, but probably closer to November/December timeframe. 

FYI, Gamersgate has added Ass Creed Origin and Crew 2 preorders. Originally had a 8% discount, now up to 12%, not sure if that'll go up to their usual 20% closer to release date or not, we'll see. Looks like FC5 will come, but probably closer to November/December timeframe.
HOW MUCH IS ASSHOT PEE SELLING IT FOR ON PUTINGATE?!?!?!?!?

October 3rd: Masked Shooters 2

October 4th: King Arthur's Gold

October 5th: Try to launch Lifeless

October 5th: Try to launch Street Arena

October 5th: Settle on SurvHive

October 6th: BF1 canceled, play Arkshot
out of curiosity, didn't someone schedule ARK in the past?

Whatever happens to ARK?

Last night we played Insurgency and it was a success.  I mean, the night itself was a success in that people showed up and enjoyed themselves, not that we were especially successful.  We played co-op against bot terrorists and the terrorists won.  Eventually Jimbo figured out how to tweak it so the terrorists were less deadly and we did better but still had to work for our wins.  It's a pretty good game and maybe should be more popular than it is but I guess there's only room for so many military shooters to be successful.  It's tough in a one/two-shot kill sort of way and encourages teamwork since everyone is so fragile.

Tonight we're playing Dead By Daylight where you also go down in two hits and need teamwork and yet is absolutely nothing like Insurgency.  Go figure.

Looks like Ubisoft sent a bunch of surveys out about their games this morning/last night...  I got two.  One for Siege and one for Wildlands.

Instead of asking me important questions like "what can we do to improve the game?" (which I could answer fixed your matchmaking for Terrorist Hunt or make a truly casual (and/or new player) playlist so I could learn the game)  I got asked junk like "do I feel like I improved my cognitive ability while playing" and "rather or not improving my cognitive ability is important to me."  

So, I skipped the WIldlands survey and feel like I wasted my time on the Siege servery.

"While playing Rainbow Six Siege, BongSmoker420Xx told me to stop being so fucking retarded.  I then stopped being so fucking retarded and my life has since greatly improved."

In other random game chatter, the new KF2 weekly is about a katrillion times easier than the last one.  It's only a hard rating and plays pretty close to normal except that the base Zeds take a couple more hits (it seemed) as they inflate into balloons and the Patriarch has a crazy regen rate instead of running off to heal.  I had to give up on Pat but got Hans the second time and he was about as difficult as usual.  If you can solo a Hard match, you should be able to get your plushy backpack.

Speaking of, apparently we did it dumb to try the weekly in a full group because of how it scales.  Solo and duos are supposedly a lot easier (assuming you have an appropriately leveled perk).

"While playing Rainbow Six Siege, BongSmoker420Xx told me to stop being so fucking retarded. I then stopped being so fucking retarded and my life has since greatly improved."

In other random game chatter, the new KF2 weekly is about a katrillion times easier than the last one. It's only a hard rating and plays pretty close to normal except that the base Zeds take a couple more hits (it seemed) as they inflate into balloons and the Patriarch has a crazy regen rate instead of running off to heal. I had to give up on Pat but got Hans the second time and he was about as difficult as usual. If you can solo a Hard match, you should be able to get your plushy backpack.

Speaking of, apparently we did it dumb to try the weekly in a full group because of how it scales. Solo and duos are supposedly a lot easier (assuming you have an appropriately leveled perk).
I'm almost tempted to make KF2 a weekly event to do the weekly events. Quite frankly, I'd be happy doing PUBG, RSS, KF2 every week, but it is fun to play something different every now and then.

Tomasety pointed out that Interloped just had a massive price drop (waiting for Lostnumber to point out the price drop was technically yesterday or something):

http://store.steampowered.com/app/356420/Interloper/

$1.50 for a two pack, positive reviews, BUT I haven't been able to figure out how well the multiplayer works. One review claims it doesn't. Some discussions imply it is dead or that the servers are dead, but don't really specify if indeed it is dead or there just aren't a lot of people playing it. Was going to suggest it for a potential bronight, but given that info I'm very iffy on that.

I'm almost tempted to make KF2 a weekly event to do the weekly events. Quite frankly, I'd be happy doing PUBG, RSS, KF2 every week, but it is fun to play something different every now and then.

Tomasety pointed out that Interloped just had a massive price drop (waiting for Lostnumber to point out the price drop was technically yesterday or something):

http://store.steampowered.com/app/356420/Interloper/

$1.50 for a two pack, positive reviews, BUT I haven't been able to figure out how well the multiplayer works. One review claims it doesn't. Some discussions imply it is dead or that the servers are dead, but don't really specify if indeed it is dead or there just aren't a lot of people playing it. Was going to suggest it for a potential bronight, but given that info I'm very iffy on that.
Sent you a friend request on steam so I can get in on this stuff. I just bought a gaming desktop, and it would be nice to have a couple other cags to play with.

Sent you a friend request on steam so I can get in on this stuff. I just bought a gaming desktop, and it would be nice to have a couple other cags to play with.
Added you and sent you a invite to the group. You can check the Events section in the group to see what we have scheduled and everyone in the group is always free to post or send announcements if they are looking for someone to play impromptu or for a specific game. Check out the pinned post about Discord. A lot of people use Discord to chat during the day and find people to play with as well. We have our own channel.

I'm almost tempted to make KF2 a weekly event to do the weekly events.
A recipe for disaster if they scale sharply based on number of players. Which also explains why I was able to get to round 4 solo in Poundamonium with a 12 Firebug but we got lolrekt in the first wave as a full group.

Not that I'm opposed to playing KF2 as a general group or duoing with someone trying to get the reward, of course. Just sounds like six non-DFG amateurs trying the weekly would be spinning our wheels.

A recipe for disaster if they scale sharply based on number of players. Which also explains why I was able to get to round 4 solo in Poundamonium with a 12 Firebug but we got lolrekt in the first wave as a full group.

Not that I'm opposed to playing KF2 as a general group or duoing with someone trying to get the reward, of course. Just sounds like six non-DFG amateurs trying the weekly would be spinning our wheels.
Look, Mr. I Can Solo it on Hard, some of us want to watch DFG carry us and get the loot for us.

What the Err said.  That's one game I think you'll never have a hard time finding someone to play with, even during other scheduled events.  Tonight is Dead by Daylight, which is having a free period, but it's a pretty hefty DL so start now!

Already downloaded but don't know if I'll be able to make it tonight. My wife is out of town tomorrow and Friday though so I'll be gaming all night! (After my kids go to bed)

I'd play Sakura Truck Simulator, so someone make that happen. It's like either your truck has boobs or maybe you are fapping while driving or maybe you pick up lonely girls at truck stops between deliveries.
Just go to Youtube and watch the video for Trucker's Delight by Flairs. NSFW and I am not sure how it remained on Youtube in the first place but, whatever.

I missed a free game on Steam because I haven't been paying attention to this thread for a week. I should never do stuff outside, leaving my computer is always a mistake.

Last night, we hit up Dead by Daylight, fortuitously timed to meet the free play period.  Malkan made a rare appearance, leaving his young daughter in a basket on top of the fridge or something so he could hang with us.  Condor, Goose & AngryPolarbear had never played before so it was a night of wonder and awe for them all.  AngryPolarbear is on the thread as ThatGuy but I made clear early on that I was not going to spend my evenings doing a "ThatGuy went around the corner" "Which guy?" routine.  Angry was also surprisingly competent his first time as killer so it's possible that we've unlocked his calling in life.

After DbD and some bro-shuffling in the ranks, we played KF2 and tried for the weekly despite my grave pronouncements that doing it as a full group was a bad idea.  And you know what?  I was right.  I always am.  We wiped on the boss once and didn't make it the second time.  Everyone took the time to say "Syntax, you're so smart we should have listened to you" or at least that's how I remember it happening.  Some people stuck around to try and solo/duo it, I think but I don't know how that went.

Tonight is some F2P game called Crossout which I know nothing about.  Based on the name alone, I assume it's a crossword-based squad shooter and will be deeply disappointed if it's anything but.  Lemme check -- Nope, it's a post-apocalyptic themed vehicle building and fighting game.  Well, that's still pretty cool. 

FYI, I tried soloing it and couldn't get to the boss.  I think I wiped wave 6.  Then I tried duoing with Wieler and we wiped wave 4.  So there.  We made it further as a full squad.  DFG needs to post his schedule/availability this week as I really want that backpack.  

Edit:

And Gamersgate FINALLY adds a Far Cry 5 pre-order and it is only 12% off.  Which I think is their thing now because they even made a banner advertising 12% off the Ass Creed Origins pre-order.  Was hoping for the 20% off and might still wait since I have 5 months before FC5 releases. On the somewhat plus side, Gold edition is only $89.99 MSRP when a lot of the other games have a $99.99 Gold edition.  But probably means the SP DLC won't be as contenty-DLC as one would like.  

If you're around tonight, we can try duoing it.  Since it's rated "Hard" plus has the extra Weekly tweaks, I can't imagine Weiler's level 7 perk did a whole lot to help you.

I didn't load zGold during the bonus period for FC5 since GG didn't have it posted but it looks as though I have five months to wait for another zGold bonus offer plus GG sale.

If you're around tonight, we can try duoing it. Since it's rated "Hard" plus has the extra Weekly tweaks, I can't imagine Weiler's level 7 perk did a whole lot to help you.

I didn't load zGold during the bonus period for FC5 since GG didn't have it posted but it looks as though I have five months to wait for another zGold bonus offer plus GG sale.
Yeah, we can try duoing it. Weiler was just dying all the time, but all he had was a shottie which is a shit weapon when the zeds regenerate. And Zgold promo running for another week, 20% bonus with $100 Zgold purchase, but can't say the GG discounts on the pre-order are super encouraging. I mean it would still be almost a 50% discount on the pre-order, which is good, but still.

I'll have a good 30 minutes to play during lunch. Should I play PUBG, get a feel for Crossout, or try leveling up in KF2?
Probably PUBG, but someone said 30 minutes should get you set in Crossout for some unlocks.

thanks mysterd. we lost power for a day, just came back up. and we lost a tree in our backyard. other that, we're okay, much better than what some people got. keep those people in mind...
Same for the most part. Lost power twice. It went down on Sunday night about 7, but they surprisingly got it back on 2 hours later, but lost it for another 12-16 hours around midnight. Damage wise was nothing crazy, a few trees locally and debris but not a big deal. The only negative was we lost our local node for cable/internet and that was out til this morning.

The night of the storm my wife and daughter went to bed and I stayed up with the dog cause she was a bit crazy. Our max was probably category 1 gusts but it was a really incredible thing to witness I don't mean this as a positive. I've been in a few tropical storms before but the power of this one was something else. We're lucky it wasnt even more powerful. The way our place is built I was able to sit on the balcony during the most extreme points while the power was out with a drink and was watching transformers explode in the distance. It would gust like crazy for a few minutes and then sustain, and when it gusted was when they were popping off, big purple, greenish flashes every few minutes. It was like a hellish fourth of july.

no flooding like in Houston, TX? i hope you and ur family are ok
Harvey fucked up Houston so hard because the storm literally parked its ass over the area. Irma dumped 17T gallons on the SE. Harvey dumped 20T on Houston alone. This storm was in and out quickly for the most part. It hit me Sunday night into Monday but we had sun by Monday late afternoon.

If you're around tonight, we can try duoing it. Since it's rated "Hard" plus has the extra Weekly tweaks, I can't imagine Weiler's level 7 perk did a whole lot to help you.

It had nothing to do with my crappy noobie play or ability to aim and everything to do with the asstastic support class im playing. Yeah thats it!

Longest reload time in the known universe. 3 to 4 shots to kill anything even up close. The gun is "Dead By Daylight weiler" bad. That weekly backpack is dating taylor swift unattainable for me.

Haha, nah.  You just need to stay alive long enough to afford the better shotguns.  You'd be happier with an AA-12. But you also do more damage and your pellets have better penetration as you level up.  Running a hard mission with a newbie perk is tough enough without the extra damage absorption and healing capabilities they get in the Weekly.  Still, you should try a duo with myself or Condor and we could probably pull it off.

Good to hear you and your family are safe, Bah.

Same for the most part. Lost power twice. It went down on Sunday night about 7, but they surprisingly got it back on 2 hours later, but lost it for another 12-16 hours around midnight. Damage wise was nothing crazy, a few trees locally and debris but not a big deal. The only negative was we lost our local node for cable/internet and that was out til this morning.

The night of the storm my wife and daughter went to bed and I stayed up with the dog cause she was a bit crazy. Our max was probably category 1 gusts but it was a really incredible thing to witness I don't mean this as a positive. I've been in a few tropical storms before but the power of this one was something else. We're lucky it wasnt even more powerful. The way our place is built I was able to sit on the balcony during the most extreme points while the power was out with a drink and was watching transformers explode in the distance. It would gust like crazy for a few minutes and then sustain, and when it gusted was when they were popping off, big purple, greenish flashes every few minutes. It was like a hellish fourth of july.

Harvey fucked up Houston so hard because the storm literally parked its ass over the area. Irma dumped 17T gallons on the SE. Harvey dumped 20T on Houston alone. This storm was in and out quickly for the most part. It hit me Sunday night into Monday but we had sun by Monday late afternoon.
discord has been too quiet and sanitary. glad you are back up just in time for BFr1day.

Haha, nah. You just need to stay alive long enough to afford the better shotguns. You'd be happier with an AA-12. But you also do more damage and your pellets have better penetration as you level up. Running a hard mission with a newbie perk is tough enough without the extra damage absorption and healing capabilities they get in the Weekly. Still, you should try a duo with myself or Condor and we could probably pull it off.

Good to hear you and your family are safe, Bah.
The AA12 can wreck most anything. When playing support, I try to survive with just the double barrel boomstick & default shotty until I can afford the biggun.

discord has been too quiet and sanitary. glad you are back up just in time for BFr1day.
+1. We've had to survive with ycag complaining about Bah over text chat, and it's just not the same.

In other news, I picked up a Logitech G910 keyboard yesterday. My first mechanical keyboard. It's not terribly loud, but i'll try to make sure my mic is close enough for everyone to enjoy over discord. It also has the added benefit of causing seizures if I crank up the color effects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rIRJWTX2h8

Nice.  I like the Logitech mechs.  I was going to get one, but I wanted custom keycaps on mine and the Logitech have proprietary keycaps that don't allow that, though I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before they start making more custom ones for it. 

The mechanical keyboard I'm using (Corsair STRAFE RGB MX Silent) is very quiet. It's decent enough to use, but the build quality is absolute shit. The keycaps started wearing out on me 2-3 months in, and now my WASD keys look like crap after about a year of owning it. Expected more from Corsair, but it's probably one of the best mech keyboards if you want something that doesn't make much noise.

G910 is pretty quiet as far as mechanical keyboards go. My only complaint with mine is some of the led lights started failing after about a year. I have like a half dozen keys that are lit green instead of the default blue now. Keycap wear hasn't been an issue like it was with my old G15. 

The mechanical keyboard I'm using (Corsair STRAFE RGB MX Silent) is very quiet. It's decent enough to use, but the build quality is absolute shit. The keycaps started wearing out on me 2-3 months in, and now my WASD keys look like crap after about a year of owning it. Expected more from Corsair, but it's probably one of the best mech keyboards if you want something that doesn't make much noise.
I've always been a diehard Corsair fan but their first iterations of all these mice, keyboards, and even some case towers have been absolute shite. I bought one of their first M80 mouses a few years ago and it fell apart after 3 months of SWTOR. They are also still new to the keyboard business. Somehow I still like the name brand though so there must be something wrong with me. We really shouldn't be buying any of these Corsair gaming peripherals and just stick to the power supplies, RAM, and whatnot.

Branding is strong.

bread's done
Back