Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I'd like it a lot more if the travel time didn't take so long.
It starts to get really annoying when you need to move from one side of the map to the other a few times. Say, you're in the middle of a quest chain but then need to add a house or new building to your boat, and now need to sail all the way back to the shark to improve your boat so you can add the building so you can then sail all the way back to the locale of your other quest chain.
So there is a fast travel system, which I didn't realize at first until I investigated a little marker on the map that ended up being a bus sign. You can only travel between bus signs but it helps a lot.

Having said that, I keep trying to give the game a chance but I've reached the conclusion it isn't for me. Stardew Valley eventually clicked and the loop became much more enjoyable and rewarding. But things move much slower in Spiritfarer. Cooking takes way too long and resources are slow to accumulate. I hate having to feed people and constantly check in on them. Every day it's "Here's your food, here's your hug, see you tomorrow". It's hollow. I get that's what the game is about, helping these spirits find peace and getting them to the afterlife and all that, but so much of it is a chore. A lot of people will like the management aspect and the base building and huge map with plenty of locations and quests, but I've yet to actually have fun and I don't expect that to change with any more hours put into it.

I haven't played Spiritfarer yet today, but I feel the emotion is lost a little on me. I'm not really connecting to the characters yet. I mean you get some cool personality and somewhat on their backgrounds, but it just feels a little bland and hollow at times. I will give it another hour or two, but I'm getting pretty close to giving this one just an OK.

Spirit farmer* reminds me of all the great CAGs we’ve lost over the years ... FireThief ... IATCG ...

*This auto corrected ... but I’m leaving it 😜

Last edited by a moderator:
Yikes that sucks. It's too bad as it looked good but I don't think I can make it past that.
tenor.gif

2) I LIKE the Apple system, it's why I bought into the Ecosystem. There's enough garbage on there that I wonder what stuff they turn away, but at least my phone/ipad/computer and all of the other pads/watches/phones I have JUST in my house are under the umbrella. I personally PAY the premium so I can avoid the shenanigans on the rest of the worlds phones. I'm not saying they're unhackable, I'm saying that the sheisty stuff happens far less on them. Beyond that, screw Epic. That crap was a publicity stunt 10000%.
Terrible opinion is terrible.

It's routinely in their pick-and-mix bundles for under a dollar assuming you can combine it with other games you are interested in playing.

Frogwares' Sinking City is getting delisted from Steam, GOG, etc:

http://frogwares.com/the-sinking-city-is-being-delisted-heres-why/
Because I'm trying to avoid a work client, I read this entire article. I have no idea whether The Sinking City is a good game, but Frogwares has always made interesting games, even if I feel like the puzzles in some of the ones I've actually played have been a bit stupid (and by that I mean "old-school Infocom- or Sierra-level difficult and somewhat irrational." This series of events seems unfortunate, to say the least.

I played Sinking City on console and liked it more than the Cthulhu game that came out around the same time. The "detecting" elements were more involved and the Lovecraftiness seemed about on par, but there's actually some combat, which I don't recall in the latter, as it was more a walking sim.

I played Sinking City on console and liked it more than the Cthulhu game that came out around the same time. The "detecting" elements were more involved and the Lovecraftiness seemed about on par, but there's actually some combat, which I don't recall in the latter, as it was more a walking sim.
I played Call of Cthulhu, and I liked most of it. It still seemed like a rehash of "The Shadow Over Innsmouth," just like Dark Corners of the Earth, but I ended up getting stuck in this action sequence around Chapter 13 of the game and it required young-person reflexes (or just better manual dexterity than mine) to successfully complete. I have an inherent distrust of all Lovecraftian games with action sequences of any kind that aren't cutscenes at this point because I've been burned twice now.

I'll just leave this here. As he would say, here's one video multiplied by another video so you get two videos. I didn't want to be a dumbass who only left y'all with one video to watch by using the sheep's math, after all:

On topic: Is there a method people use in order to get cheap Steam credit?
Buy two $10 Steam gift cards and multiply them together to give you $20 in Steam credit! That's what any stable genius would do!

Hi all hope you're doing well...been playing Assassin's Creed Origins recently, typically i find the asssassin's creed games mediocre and boring af (only got like 5 hours into black flag before i quit) but this one's pretty decent. The changed combat is a lot more engaging than the old system, and there are real side quests and stuff. It's still got that overall ubisoft open world type bloat to an extent but it's the first AC game in a long time i've played that's actually engaged me to an extent, i recommend

Been playing Shadowrun: Dragonfall for the last 2 days. I'm 18 hours or so into it.

So far, so great.

This game has no voice-acting, but it's not like ever needed it. The writing, prose, character development, plot, and story is so great, so far - it's like reading a great book. I thought the original Shadowrun Returns (Dead Man's Switch campaign) was great at this stuff, but....Dragonfall's even better. Again, as I've said about Shadowrun Returns, the same could be said about Dragonfall: the prose could go up against the quality & descriptiveness of games great at this stuff, such as Planescape: Torment.

Dragonfall's combat is like Firaxis' XCOM Reboots. You take a team of up to 4 party members normally (depends on the mission) and this feels similar to games like XCOM and Fallout 1 & 2 for combat, as it's turn-based & team-based. You have action-points and a team that you use per turn - and you have to use them smartly & accordingly. When on a mission, you have a mission/map to go through - and perform a bunch of tasks. Some are optional, some aren't. There could be multiple pieces and parts to the map and mission, like XCOM: Chimera Squad. You can save at almost anytime now here (when not moving & not in combat) here, which can be helpful - and trust me, you will need to. Often, your best bet is to save when things are going very well and/or before what feels like a major piece, part, or whatever to the missions (i.e. when you change maps or finish a big shootout). Or else...well, expect to do a lot over and over again, as these missions & even parts of them just can consume some time.

But, man, sometimes...this game's missions are tough. Tactics & positioning matter, as you really need to get behind cover, flank, catch enemies in the open, and really sink points into skills properly. If there's things like explosive barrels or acid barrels nearby: use them to your advantage. Often, they are necessary to use; especially in bigger and tougher battles. Sometimes, you're best looking for choke points and/or waiting for enemies to come to you & out into the open. This is on Normal difficulty, BTW - not cranked-up, so this does feel like it's more difficult than say Shadowrun Returns; especially after the first few missions.

You also need to take the right team suited for the job, so....you will want to think on the mission type (before you go out there into the field) and plan accordingly. For example, if you got a mission w/ computers, take a Decker with you. If you got a lot of tough enemies, take a team where brute force could work and all. In others, you might need a Decker to jump into the Computer World/Matrix, which can really turn tides by taking controls of camera, turrets, etc. If a character is kicking you to go with you on a mission - chances are, you will need that person.

This game isn't just all XCOM entirely either. This is a CRPG, so you will need make decisions in-game; decide your background (at character creation - and this does matter!); level-up to pump points into stats & skills; and things of that sort. These things matter...as these can shape outcomes of missions, who winds up in your party (or not), who helps you on a mission (on turns on you), can determine if you can take a "Shortcut" in a mission, and other things of the decision-making sort often found in these late 1990's to early 2000's type of CRPG's (like Fallout 1 & 2; Arcanum; NWN: Hordes expansion; etc).

So, yeah; as long as - well, as it's planned to be Free tomorrow - Shadowrun Reboot Trilogy goes free on Epic Store and you don't have this, then...make sure you grab this! Don't hesitate! Shadowrun Returns was great (loved it); and Dragonfall is even better, so far.

And I'm already highly looking forward to Shadowrun: Hong Kong, once I wrap Dragonfall up.

Since we’re blathering on about ancient games we’re playing, I just thought I’d mention Jeopardy on the NES, which I’ve been playing occasionally recently. Obviously there isn’t going to be a lot of appeal if you don’t like the Jeopardy game show or trivia, but if you do, and your spelling is pretty good, it’s kinda awesome. Unlike the most recent Jeopardy video game, you don’t have multiple choice questions, you have to enter the question manually from a provided in-game keyboard. Naturally they’ve seriously increased the amount of time you have to give a question after buzzing in in order to give players enough time to fully type the question. The AI is also pretty slow to buzz in, even on the highest difficulty, making the game pretty easy to win. That said, it’s still fun going through some old Jeopardy material, even with all the 80s-relevant stuff that nobody but old people would know, and the contestant portraits and animations are hilariously freaky.

As a side benefit, the game’s so old they hadn’t thought to censor names, so you can name yourself DICKS. 100/10, would name self DICKS again.

Since we’re blathering on about ancient games we’re playing, I just thought I’d mention Jeopardy on the NES, which I’ve been playing occasionally recently. Obviously there isn’t going to be a lot of appeal if you don’t like the Jeopardy game show or trivia, but if you do, and your spelling is pretty good, it’s kinda awesome. Unlike the most recent Jeopardy video game, you don’t have multiple choice questions, you have to enter the question manually from a provided in-game keyboard.
b6cdfa80825c1f01b8fcb4f46963209c--stupid-funny-so-funny.jpg

bread's done
Back