Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Done.

Joker

MysterD

Spades

A - FoxyPie

Q - smackattack
2 - archbishopthedoge

7 - Red_Lizard2
9 - osso1

Clubs

J - gilby

9 - Preedatore
6 - Drabelincoln

Hearts

A - JohnHarker
3 - HBX

10 - dabsac80

Diamonds

K - Fatality

2 - fore1337
4 - The End

8 - Blade

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm giving away a free copy of Bowl Bound College Football here instead of the Free Stuff thread since you guys are helpful enough to answer my questions when I have them (Plus there are probably less lurkers here). Anyone that is interested in sports management sims and wants to try it is welcome to enter.

To enter, just quote this post along with a card (number and suit) from a standard 52 card deck. I'll pick the winner by drawing random cards until I hit a winner.
Ace of Spades!

I'm giving away a free copy of Bowl Bound College Football here instead of the Free Stuff thread since you guys are helpful enough to answer my questions when I have them (Plus there are probably less lurkers here). Anyone that is interested in sports management sims and wants to try it is welcome to enter.

To enter, just quote this post along with a card (number and suit) from a standard 52 card deck. I'll pick the winner by drawing random cards until I hit a winner.
4 of Diamonds.

Thanks for the giveaway.

EDIT: oh and this is gonna give Motoki a conniption. lol

3 of Hearts. Thanks for the giveaway.

6 of clubs

If you mean not being [customspoiler="an opportunist trying to profit from fellow CAGs"]
[/customspoiler]
then yes I was busy Motokiing.
Implying that I was attempting to hide that in any way whatsoever. Still cheaper than the people on SteamTrades.

Because no one ever tries to make a profit on CAG on AAA games. No siree.

Thanks for the free advertisement though.

I'll take the Ace of Hearts please!

4 of Diamonds.

Thanks for the giveaway.

Actually IDGAF about this game so not even going to enter.

And Booby you are still a dirtbag as usual. Keep on being you and texting your butt buddy BFFs and getting teens pregnant and all that.

Too late, apparently I beat him to it.

And Booby you are still a dirtbag as usual. Keep on being you and texting your butt buddy BFFs and getting teens pregnant and all that.
Hey now. As much as he might want to, me and Tebow haven't gotten to that step in our relationship. Spoder on the other hand... :bouncy:

So I got a PM a few minutes after your post and sold a game. What % do you think is fair for your commission?

Daily Deals
75% off Call of Juarez - $2.49
75% off Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood - $2.49
75% off Call of Juarez: The Cartel - $2.49
75% off Call of Juarez: Gunslinger - $3.74
Isn't it past time for these to hit bundles? I'm tempted, but I just feel that Bound in Blood will appear in a Bundlestars Killer bundle soon.

Spades

A - FoxyPie

Clubs

6 - Drabelincoln

Hearts

3 - HBX

Diamonds

K - Fatality

4 - The End
Jack of Clubs.

Spades

A - FoxyPie

Clubs

6 - Drabelincoln

Hearts

3 - HBX

Diamonds

K - Fatality

4 - The End
9 of Spades (Go Georgia Bulldogs....)

Isn't it past time for these to hit bundles? I'm tempted, but I just feel that Bound in Blood will appear in a Bundlestars Killer bundle soon.
Maybe they'll get HB'd, but no way would anything other than the first CoJ be in other bundles.. almost all of them are Ubisoft.

Yeah, I picked up the Ultimate Collection when it was on sale for about $16 a few years ago. I plan on playing Tiberian Twilight and finishing it just so I can see the conclusion of the C&C story. As far as the "classic" ones go, Red Alert 2 should probably work well on most modern systems, although I don't think any of the older games will upscale to resolutions higher than 800x600 or 1024x768, depending on the age of the title. RA2 and Yuri's Revenge are great fun. I tried getting into Red Alert 1 but I found it to be considerably harder than the newer games and I quit probably around eight or nine missions into the Soviet campaign. What's annoying about RA 1 (and maybe the RA 2 missions were like this too and I don't remember or I've outgrown my enjoyment of this) is that each mission is designed a bit like a puzzle and there are one or maybe two different approaches you can take that will give you a chance of success and any other approach will basically guarantee failure. After screwing up a mission once or twice, you may have to go read a walkthrough to figure out the point at which you blew it and start over. That makes for very tedious advancement.
At least it's not like my experience with C&C3, where a bug in the last mission of the first campaign made it impossible for me to win. I played that mission like twenty times before finally giving up. This was the Steam version, before I got it on Origin; I think the bug might have been patched eventually. At any rate, I'm not likely to go back to the game now, which is a shame, because I was really enjoying it before that.

Spades

A - FoxyPie

9 - osso1

Clubs

J - gilby

6 - Drabelincoln

Hearts

A - JohnHarker

3 - HBX

Diamonds

K - Fatality

4 - The End
8 of Diamonds

Spades

A - FoxyPie
9 - osso1

Clubs

J - gilby
6 - Drabelincoln

Hearts

A - JohnHarker
3 - HBX

Diamonds

K - Fatality
4 - The End
10 of hearts

Spades

A - FoxyPie

9 - osso1

Clubs

J - gilby

6 - Drabelincoln

Hearts

A - JohnHarker

3 - HBX

Diamonds

K - Fatality

4 - The End
2 of Spades

It was just released on Steam last week with a minor update for 2015.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/398640/
Damn, missed that ><. That's awesome to see GDS is embracing Steam a bit more (finally), guess WMMA/TEW older editions did well enough.

By the way, how is the recruiting in BB? Think I might have played a demo once or twice but can't remember much =/, be great if it was somewhat like (or better then) DDS:CB

Spades

A - FoxyPie

9 - osso1

Clubs

J - gilby

6 - Drabelincoln

Hearts

A - JohnHarker

3 - HBX

Diamonds

K - Fatality

4 - The End
GPICTHUMB000000000000001394-000000000000000055.gif

Oh, look - Final Fantasy V is coming to Steam in a few weeks on Sept 24:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/382890/
So it's an exact copy of the mobile port for the exact same price of $16.

On one hand, I want to keep buying their remakes so they keep releasing the FF games on Steam. On the other hand, if the mobile version of 6 is going to be the next one we get, I hope FF5 sells exactly zero copies.

Damn, missed that ><. That's awesome to see GDS is embracing Steam a bit more (finally), guess WMMA/TEW older editions did well enough.

By the way, how is the recruiting in BB? Think I might have played a demo once or twice but can't remember much =/, be great if it was somewhat like (or better then) DDS:CB
I've never played DDS but the recruiting in BB is challenging without being impossible. The only negative I have with it is the pitch selection, you have to scout the player before you make a pitch and select the perfect one - if you make the wrong one it's unforgiving in that aspect and the prospect is gone.

It's impossible to get blue or green chip recruits if you're a smaller school, I've never seen one anyways, but what makes building up a team fun is that recruits can be busts or simply overlooked. A red (or 1 star) prospect might actually have individual ratings that make him a star but no scouting service has noticed and ranked him high enough, so unlike EA's NCAA Football recruits aren't "locked" into a pre-determined progression based on their high school rankings.

If you're interested in trying the game out, you might as well enter the contest though. :p

Added ONE joker to the deck. I'm not adding the mini calender if anyone selects it though. :razz:

I've never played DDS but the recruiting in BB is challenging without being impossible. The only negative I have with it is the pitch selection, you have to scout the player before you make a pitch and select the perfect one - if you make the wrong one it's unforgiving in that aspect and the prospect is gone.

It's impossible to get blue or green chip recruits if you're a smaller school, I've never seen one anyways, but what makes building up a team fun is that recruits can be busts or simply overlooked. A red (or 1 star) prospect might actually have individual ratings that make him a star but no scouting service has noticed and ranked him high enough, so unlike EA's NCAA Football recruits aren't "locked" into a pre-determined progression based on their high school rankings.

If you're interested in trying the game out, you might as well enter the contest though. :p

Added ONE joker to the deck. I'm not adding the mini calender if anyone selects it though. :razz:
Jokers are wild, right?

So I won w/out the drawing even happening, right? ;)

Joker

MysterD

Spades

A - FoxyPie
2 - archbishopthedoge
9 - osso1

Clubs

J - gilby
6 - Drabelincoln

Hearts

A - JohnHarker
3 - HBX

10 - dabsac80

Diamonds

K - Fatality
4 - The End

8 - Blade
Black Maria, Q of Spades

Joker
MysterD

Spades

A - FoxyPie
2 - archbishopthedoge
9 - osso1

Clubs

J - gilby
6 - Drabelincoln

Hearts

A - JohnHarker
3 - HBX
10 - dabsac80

Diamonds

K - Fatality
4 - The End
8 - Blade
Actually have this on my wishlist, so I'll give it a go.

9 of Clubs, please.

Was really thinking on buying DA:I... started origin and... updating. OMG!! Forgot about that "everyday-update"!!! And of course, after finished updating... I had to enter my user and password (I always check the "remember me" box). And then the mail code.

Now I'm not in the mood of buying anything from that store. fuck EA!
This is usually what happens every time I open Origin to add the free game. Update, re-type password, get bummed out that Bioware points aren't on sale, close client for a few more months.

Oh, it's already in my Origin account - thanks to CSR.

CSR Key Activation experience

When I asked to add one game from CSR a while back (Sims 2, IIRC), they asked me if I had more retail keys that wouldn't activate on Origin and that they could get them added. I told them if I did that, we could be there all night - and that I buy ridiculous amounts of games. They said to go ahead.

So, I did - since I had nothing else better to do.

I was there for hours w/ them, getting a lot of games added.

They added A TON of my retail keys. I had the old C+C X Collection (which includes RA2) was one of them games they added - and they basically added the newer C+C Collection version instead. :)
What sort of proof did you have to give of game ownership? A picture of the key on the manual with today's paper and your license? I have a stack of EA games I probably need to try and add.

What sort of proof did you have to give of game ownership? A picture of the key on the manual with today's paper and your license? I have a stack of EA games I probably need to try and add.
I just typed to them all of my C+C keys listed on the back of the manual C+C First Decade manual.

I would guess they'd check the key across their database or whatever - b/c they'd take a decent deal of time of me just waiting there before they'd give me a brand new key to activate onto Origin.

f763d52f2ee123fc8b9c06235c51c0a1.jpg

Oh, shit, wait... Nevermind, I don't do sports.

Thanks anyway.

What D said. They pretty much just ask for your key. And they're really lenient in that if it's an old game where you just have a part of it but they only sell a collection now they'll just give you the collection.

Of course it's probably YMMV and depends on which outsourced Indian CSR you get.

I wish I still had my Ultima games in the box because they sell those now on Origin but I think they were lost like 6 moves ago or something. No clue where they are. Probably not even in this state.

Oh, shit, wait... Nevermind, I don't do sports.
Funny, because I heard you were into watersports.

Saw someone linked to some screenshot comparisons of Dragon's Dogma PS3 and Dragon's Dogma PC someone posted on Neogaf and figured I'd link it here (first screenshot is PS3 ver, second is PC ver):

ptbi2015-09-0912-48-2q6kq2.png

edeba5f96a5d296273fe9af46dead112.png

ptbi2015-09-0911-37-2n9koy.png

66d5af9cfcbcb5a30aa27acd6a43c1e9.png

ptbi2015-09-0911-55-1m2kme.png

34ab08cc0611cfc0f2083b1443a9abdd.png

That looks pretty good.

What D said. They pretty much just as for your key. And they're really lenient in that if it's an old game where you just have a part of it but they only sell a collection now they'll just give you the collection.

Of course it's probably YMMV and depends on which outsourced Indian CSR you get.
Origin's CSR has always been excellent. If only Steam had Origin's CSR.

I've never had many issues or anything with Origin's CSR. And even if they have problems w/ redeeming an old key on Origin, or activating something, or even an issue w/ pricing deals/mistakes - they really do go out their way to at least try to make things right.

Can't ask for much more than that, honestly.

Joker

MysterD

Spades

A - FoxyPie
2 - archbishopthedoge
9 - osso1

Clubs

J - gilby
6 - Drabelincoln

Hearts

A - JohnHarker
3 - HBX

10 - dabsac80

Diamonds

K - Fatality
4 - The End

8 - Blade
2- Diamonds

very creative scheme btw. cheers.

<snip>
I'll go ahead and give a shot if it's still going.

7 of spades

bread's done
Back