Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I'm giving away a free copy of Bowl Bound College Football here instead of the Free Stuff thread since you guys are helpful enough to answer my questions when I have them (Plus there are probably less lurkers here). Anyone that is interested in sports management sims and wants to try it is welcome to enter.

To enter, just quote this post along with a card (number and suit) from a standard 52 card deck. I'll pick the winner by drawing random cards until I hit a winner.
Alright I'm going to draw as soon as I make sure I haven't missed anyone.

I drew a 5 of spades and then the Joker... so it looks like MysterD is the winner. Thanks for participating everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright I'm going to draw as soon as I make sure I haven't missed anyone.

I drew a 5 of spades and then the Joker... so it looks like MysterD is the winner. Thanks for participating everyone.
That's kind of ironic.

So since he's from Boston, I assume that's a guarantee that the Patriots are going to win tonight?

That's kind of ironic.

So since he's from Boston, I assume that's a guarantee that the Patriots are going to win tonight?
I thought he was from Boston, but Tomas says he's from Brooklyn. I guess I can see him being a stereotypical Brooklynite more than a Bostonian...but they have Micro Center in both Cambridge and Brooklyn, so who knows?

MysterD, if you're from New York you should keep to your own damned Micro Centers. Mass only has 1, and NY has 5. Don't be spodering my graphics cards.

Also blah blah blah DEFLATED LOL

I thought he was from Boston, but Tomas says he's from Brooklyn. I guess I can see him being a stereotypical Brooklynite more than a Bostonian...but they have Micro Center in both Cambridge and Brooklyn, so who knows?

MysterD, if you're from New York you should keep to your own damned Micro Centers. Mass only has 1, and you have 5. Don't be spodering my GPUs.
I ain't from NY.

Done.

Joker
MysterD

Spades

A - FoxyPie
Q - smackattack
2 - archbishopthedoge
7 - Red_Lizard2
9 - osso1

Clubs

J - gilby
9 - Preedatore
6 - Drabelincoln

Hearts

A - JohnHarker
3 - HBX
10 - dabsac80

Diamonds

K - Fatality
2 - fore1337
4 - The End
8 - Blade
7162354103_3600545ccf_b.jpg

Damn! I missed some Dragon game Steam glitch, Dungeon Defenders II for free, and a card draw giveaway?

SOB!   :wall:

I can't keep up anymore...

Damn! I missed some Dragon game Steam glitch, Dungeon Defenders II for free, and a card draw giveaway?

SOB! :wall:

I can't keep up anymore...
Yeah, I missed all of that too.

Of course I was at the hospital at the time (visiting my brother.) I should've brought that phone thing I have to browse the internets. :(

If it helps Dungeon Defenders 2 will be F2P so these were just early access passes essentially.  Of course the game has been in development for what seems like three years now so who knows when it'll be released.

If it helps Dungeon Defenders 2 will be F2P so these were just early access passes essentially. Of course the game has been in development for what seems like three years now so who knows when it'll be released.
If it really is F2P then doesn't this mean these keys will give you card drops for the game?

Also, LOOK MA, I'M SO EDGY Simulator is currently $6ish at Nuuvem.

Edit: Also, X-Com 2 is $22 at Nuuvem as well. It doesn't seem to be region locked (I get no Brazil only warning.)

I guess?  I got out of the card market a while ago when I couldn't be bothered to even run an idling program for twenty cents.

i tried getting xcom 2 without vpn, wouldn't let me check out. after turning on vpn, i got past paypal, but it canceled my order during processing. seems the region check from paypal is real.

RIP nuuvem. 

I've only recently got a decent computer, so I'll have to pay lots of attention to this thread from now on. I can't wait to catch up on all the games I've missed that my agonizing laptop couldn't play.

I've only recently got a decent computer, so I'll have to pay lots of attention to this thread from now on. I can't wait to catch up on all the games I've missed that my agonizing laptop couldn't play.
Welcome aboard this train wreck where we never talk about deals and stick to topics like, DRM, VRAM, Shoes, and Pizza.

Enjoy the next several months until you hit your first round of major sales and buy everything you want and then get addicted to deal seeking and bitch about everything because you can't catch the proverbial dragon

Enjoy the next several months until you hit your first round of major sales and buy everything you want and then get addicted to deal seeking and bitch about everything because you can't catch the proverbial dragon
Thankfully I've already got a backlog that'll keep me going until the sales appear.

I suppose it'd help if there was a sale worth buying, but has anyone managed to buy from Nuuvem even on the US side?  It seemed as though they were setting us a "US" store but now they showing stuff like Dyling Light even without a VPN but you're not allowed to buy it.  Seems like a step back.

I'm waiting for some clever rabbit to figure out a way around the system but when I search for threads about Nuuvem from the past couple days, it's a split between "Worked for me" (usually five days ago) and "Nope, won't work".

I suppose it'd help if there was a sale worth buying, but has anyone managed to buy from Nuuvem even on the US side? It seemed as though they were setting us a "US" store but now they showing stuff like Dyling Light even without a VPN but you're not allowed to buy it. Seems like a step back.

I'm waiting for some clever rabbit to figure out a way around the system but when I search for threads about Nuuvem from the past couple days, it's a split between "Worked for me" (usually five days ago) and "Nope, won't work".
Where is it failing for people usually? After the Paypal submit button?

I was able to add Lords of the Fallen and get to the Paypal submit with no VPN more shenanigans. Didn't go through with it, so it might have failed on submit. When I bought Dying Light and the SP last week I had to VPN it, but it worked, but after that people weren't able to get it to work so I take all the blame.

I think some publishers have checks of Paypal Account country and can't be bought with VPN.

Amazon does this too for some publishers for Europeans.

Where is it failing for people usually? After the Paypal submit button?
Yeah. Using a VPN, you can load a (restricted) game into the cart and go to the Paypal checkout. You do the Paypal bit but, when it takes you back to Nuuvem it says that the purchase didn't go through because one or more items aren't available in your region. Presumably, it's checking against your Paypal banking information since people are reporting errors on all sorts of VPN services. And Paypal forces you to use an account to check out so you couldn't use a Visa gift card or some other untraceable payment type.

The other payment option requires you to have some Brazilian Tax ID style number so that's an immediate nonstarter.

Yeah. Using a VPN, you can load a (restricted) game into the cart and go to the Paypal checkout. You do the Paypal bit but, when it takes you back to Nuuvem it says that the purchase didn't go through because one or more items aren't available in your region. Presumably, it's checking against your Paypal banking information since people are reporting errors on all sorts of VPN services. And Paypal forces you to use an account to check out so you couldn't use a Visa gift card or some other untraceable payment type.

The other payment option requires you to have some Brazilian Tax ID style number so that's an immediate nonstarter.
First Russian traders. Now this. Another one bites the dust.

mama-june-shannon-nope.gif

I can't blame Nuuvem for locking down their system (not that I won't circumvent it in a second if someone finds a way) since publishers aren't going to sell to them if it's costing them tons of US sales.  However, I'm not on board with this seemingly new thing where Nuuvem makes games available to view/cart from the US and then says "Nope" after you try to pay.

I guess you can always shop Gamersgate Russia/Brazil until you get banned.

Just tried buying that crazy new clown game from Nuuvem but got kicked out at the payment stage.

I suspect that they may have finally cottoned on that I'm not the British Ambassador to Brazil after all.

I can't blame Nuuvem for locking down their system (not that I won't circumvent it in a second if someone finds a way) since publishers aren't going to sell to them if it's costing them tons of US sales. However, I'm not on board with this seemingly new thing where Nuuvem makes games available to view/cart from the US and then says "Nope" after you try to pay.

I guess you can always shop Gamersgate Russia/Brazil until you get banned.
A small remind about nuuvem.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198071042127/

Soulkyo. It's from Peru but he's right now living and working in Brazil. He is a fellow CAG also.

You can try to ask him for those special nuuvem games.

Well you "can try", because he spends half of his day working on catching brazilian girls.

A small remind about nuuvem.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198071042127/

Soulkyo. It's from Peru but it's right now living and working in Brazil. He is a fellow CAG also.

You can try to ask him for those special nuuvem games.

Well you "can try", because he spends half of his day working on catching brazilian girls.
Brazilian girls are the best. According to my online research they do everything.

I can't blame Nuuvem for locking down their system (not that I won't circumvent it in a second if someone finds a way) since publishers aren't going to sell to them if it's costing them tons of US sales. However, I'm not on board with this seemingly new thing where Nuuvem makes games available to view/cart from the US and then says "Nope" after you try to pay.
Yeah, no crap. I'd like to know ahead of time before doing the check-out on the game-page where it would list what regions + territories the deal's in; and what kind of key is for purchase (NA, ROW, whatever).

At least when I could only see deals in my region, I could then say, "Well, I guess that other deal in some other region doesn't pertain to me" before I even got a chance to aim for a check-out.

Thankfully I've already got a backlog that'll keep me going until the sales appear.
Wait, you're going to play your games?

Nope, I don't think you're going to fit in here. Sorry.

Brazilian girls are the best. According to my online research they do everything.
According to my online research, a substantial proportion of Brazilian girls are boys.

bread's done
Back