Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
if I spend more on a game than I normally would(75% off or more and less than $5) but use steam card money am I still a CAG?

It is free money...
Depends on the game, how much Steam wallet you have, and how much you can make back from the game's card drops or boosters. It's getting to the point where I'm fakeybroing games.

I bought Huniepop, and it was free after selling the drops/boosters. Last game I fakeybro'd was Neptunia + DLC, got it down to $12 after selling the drops and boosters.. and I still have $104 steam wallet remaining :whistle2:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on the game, how much Steam wallet you have, and how much you can make back from the game's card drops or boosters. It's getting to the point where I'm fakeybroing games.

I bought Huniepop, and it was free after selling the drops/boosters. Last game I fakeybro'd was Neptunia + DLC, got it down to $12 after selling the drops and boosters.. and I still have $104 steam wallet remaining :whistle2:(
... and yet I still have wishes on my wishlist that are unfulfilled :cry:

Grown by blind Tibetan Monks

Delivered by Courier Albatross

Hand roasted by Guatemalan Orphans over endangered tropical hardwoods

Lovingly ground with the blessed pestel by the head of my coven

Steeped in Water melted from Antarctic Glaciers, delivered by courier dolphin, and melted by the first rays of sun on the Equinox

It was divine.

You wouldn't understand. Grats on your 6th punchcard punch.
I only drink coffee ground from beans that have been pooped out by the elusive TebowDragon.....wut?

I only drink coffee ground from beans that have been pooped out by the elusive TebowDragon.....wut?
tumblr_lptyhmhFE71qjcwuzo1_400.gif

Zeroes are ovals silly.

Edit: Why do peeps already own Sins of a Dark Age which is currently on sale for .99 or .75 in a 4-pack?
It was handed out for free on MMObomb, where you had to use your fake facebook or twitter I think.

Edit: Wrecked horribly by Bobby.

Nope.  I had a key from a bundle (I assume) and played past the tutorial to generate a log with my name.  Sent it in along with a short note saying "here's my log, thanks".

The bundle version was a "Founders Pack" so I guess it qualified as spending money just by itself.

Nope. I had a key from a bundle (I assume) and played past the tutorial to generate a log with my name. Sent it in along with a short note saying "here's my log, thanks".

The bundle version was a "Founders Pack" so I guess it qualified as spending money just by itself.
Interesting. I have a key from Groupees Be Mine 11, but I hadn't used it before the game went F2P. So, I'm not sure if I'll be able to get a newer key.

This is what the devs said in the game forum:

- We will give keys for the new version to everybody who spent any money in Aerena(DLC or ingame purchases), just drop us a mail to [email protected]with the subject free upgrade key for [ingame name] and include a log file (so we can confirm your ownership of the account. Find the log file her: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Aerena\game_Data named: output_log.txt ). We also need your steam ID if you bought a DLC, you can find this by opening your profile page, right clicking on some empty space on it and select: COPY PAGE URL and then paste it into the mail. We will start that process next week and count all purchases until January 25 (yes I am aware of the possible loophole this creates, another little goody for the existing player base)

I idled mine for cards in December and otherwise hadn't touched it until I saw the same post (in this thread a week or so ago) and played through the tutorial to make the log file and mail it in.  I never actually spent any money in game.

I've no idea where I got it from.  I had assumed a bundle but it's possible it was a key drop here instead.

Interesting. I have a key from Groupees Be Mine 11, but I hadn't used it before the game went F2P. So, I'm not sure if I'll be able to get a newer key.

This is what the devs said in the game forum:
Post #41 question on Jan 29:

"A question since I found an unused key from Groupees Be Mine 11 and decided to look this up: Would the key be valid for the paid version, or would it only apply for the current F2P game?"

Post #42 answer on Jan 29:

"Well this key would qualify you once you would actually use it with your account.
You would then send us the mail with your ingame name (you need to play a little for that) and send us the log files so we can confirm that you own the dlcs that the groupees key gave you.
Simple enough :) Pretty neat deal for something you picked up as part of a bundle"

This is where I don't comment about a certain term that maybe derives from the word for thug in their ancestral language or maybe means without papers for a certain ethnic group of people I belong to stealing gyros in that game about organized crime belonging to that ethnic group when I feel they should actually be stealing sandwiches of ground meat rolled in a circle and covered with sauce because I don't want the mods to delete 20 posts before and after it along with the supposedly offensive post.

I didnt think you could get a bad haircut using one of these

giphy.gif
Perhaps if you are batting for the same team? She looks like a character from Glee.

I'm on my 7th cup of coffee.

#PrimeNumbersAreBest
11 is also a prime number... and I drink wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much coffeeeeeeeeee too.

:whee:

Nope, confused hair stylist at Wonder Cuts.

Let's just say if I were ever planning to join the army, now would be the time.
I've been cutting my own hair ever since some guy, posted this youtube diy video.

This is where I don't comment about a certain term that maybe derives from the word for thug in their ancestral language or maybe means without papers for a certain ethnic group of people I belong to stealing gyros in that game about organized crime belonging to that ethnic group when I feel they should actually be stealing sandwiches of ground meat rolled in a circle and covered with sauce because I don't want the mods to delete 20 posts before and after it along with the supposedly offensive post.
I want the mods to delete posts

7 cups of coffee for me usually means the worst shits, with the exception of "out all night drinking".
This used to happen to me until I started drinking coffee regularly, after quitting smoking. But now after I bum a smoke...

The Bundlestars You get the deal; we give you three new games and a whole bunch of fundle bodder and you lap it up like the +1 sluts you are bundle is live

$2.49 for the lot

• BiT Evolution
  • Just Get Through
  • Retro/Grade
  • Dogfighter
  • PixelJunk Eden
  • Avoid - Sensory Overload
  • Drive To Hell
  • Super Lemonade Factory

I want the first two in the list, maybe because I'm platformer nut or, more likely, I've a craving for some hot, creamy +1's on my steam. Now that I'm thinking about it, it's definitely the latter.
Reported for +1 shaming.

My first impression of Evolve for 20 minutes of multiplayer...

WTF just happened? From the Hunters perspective, once I caught up with the monster, it just went insane instantly and we all died within like 4 minutes. Everyone starting to die one by one. Round was already over after that. Not sure if I'm having fun or what.

Playing as a monster, I didn't get a chance to evolve, and they found me already when I was trying to kill and eat creatures. Obviously it didn't end well for me.

I spent massive amount of hours on L4D1 and L4D2 and this one kind of feel lackluster. I'll give it a few more chances though, and those DLC, meh.

Game is crap.  Worse than L4D in every aspect except graphics.  Made for today's generation of gamers with short attention spans.  CHASE THE MONSTER CHASE THE MONSTER.  WHERE IS IT?!?! ZOMG!  THERE THERE SWARM EXPLOSIONS EXPLOSIONS!

It's the AAA equivalent of Five Nights at Freddy's.

Game is crap. Worse than L4D in every aspect except graphics. Made for today's generation of gamers with short attentions span. CHASE THE MONSTER CHASE THE MONSTER. WHERE IS IT?!?! ZOMG! THERE THERE SWARM EXPLOSIONS EXPLOSIONS!

As much as I hate to agree with Mooby, I really don't think Evolve has that much staying power.

As much as I hate to agree with Mooby, I really don't think Evolve has that much staying power.
Honestly I don't think most multiplayer games really have staying power. They need relatively frequent updates, but who but the most fervent fan would want to pay for all those updates? This is where the TF2 cosmetic f2p approach is really a plus, as anybody can play it and get the updates w/out paying a crap ton. Even if Evolve went the direction of pay for the base game and you get upcoming updates for free, and in addition they had cosmetic add ons, that'd be a welcome approach. Who knows, though, I could be wrong. Maybe it'll be a great success.

Even if Evolve went the direction of pay for the base game and you get upcoming updates for free, and in addition they had cosmetic add ons, that'd be a welcome approach.
That is pretty much their approach, new maps are supposed to be free. Skins and the extra characters coming out in the spring are not.

That's what she said. It's a fun 'party' game. Ideally suited for consoles/couch coop. There are people on Steam who already have 30+ hours racked up since it's release yesterday at midnight. I just don't see the appeal.

Honestly I don't think most multiplayer games really have staying power. They need relatively frequent updates, but who but the most fervent fan would want to pay for all those updates? This is where the TF2 cosmetic f2p approach is really a plus, as anybody can play it and get the updates w/out paying a crap ton. Even if Evolve went the direction of pay for the base game and you get upcoming updates for free, and in addition they had cosmetic add ons, that'd be a welcome approach. Who knows, though, I could be wrong. Maybe it'll be a great success.
Yeah you're right, probably a poor choice of words on my part. I think the life cycle on Evolve is going to be shorter than usual, like Titanfall. I don't know how well the gameplay is going to hold up after hundreds of matches, but I've only played the hunt mode.

That's what she said. It's a fun 'party' game. Ideally suited for consoles/couch coop. There are people on Steam who already have 30+ hours racked up since it's release yesterday at midnight. I just don't see the appeal.
Jesus. That's insane. I played like 4 matches and got bored. Too much waiting on both sides, either tracking the monster or trying to evolve.

That is pretty much their approach, new maps are supposed to be free. Skins and the extra characters coming out in the spring are not.
Ahh gotcha. Yeah I haven't researched the game much, just read a headline that there's 60 bucks day 1 dlc w/out even reading the article.

Multiplayer games aren't really my thing anyway.

Game is crap. Worse than L4D in every aspect except graphics. Made for today's generation of gamers with short attention spans. CHASE THE MONSTER CHASE THE MONSTER. WHERE IS IT?!?! ZOMG! THERE THERE SWARM EXPLOSIONS EXPLOSIONS!

Was with you until the last part. Evolve has jump scares? But seriously, last night I watched the trailers (the live action one is embarrassing), watched some youtuber play as a monster and destroy, finished by jumping into the most populated broadcast and watch some monster get destroyed, and I feel like I've had my fill of the game.

The analogy is not a literal one.  It's hype/marketing.  Both games have little substance where sales are fueled not by their gameplay but by 'whoooa, man, you gotta play this it's totally awesome' viral push.  Freddy's short vignettes make it perfect for YouTube/Streamers.  Same with Evolve: the matches are short and full of lots of explosions and running around and chaos.

Some guy on Steam discussion tried to argue the hunters in Evolve have 'specialized' abilities that they must use with precision and in tandem to guarantee success!  Well... they do have specialized abilities but they hardly require much precision (anyone see how large that digital cage thing is or that one dude's orbital bombardment?).  Certainly not as much precision as a team of infected need against a team of similarly skilled survivors in L4D.

That's stretching it. Freddy sales are fueled by impulse buys, bundling, and sure Youtube. Evolve is a day 1 $100 deluxe purchase. Freddy appeals to preteen girls and Evolve wants dudebr0. The matches I saw of Evolve were 15 soporific minutes kiting before 5 minutes of action, and no one was streaming their facial reactions.

It's actually kinda reminiscent of what happened once L4D players realized rushing in as a Tank was suicide and then people started playing them like snipers, running away, hiding, and tossing rocks. Like they took that concept and ran with it, except they removed teammates to support you going in.

Shallow games are nothing new but Freddy is an odd comparison.

Game is crap. Worse than L4D in every aspect except graphics. Made for today's generation of gamers with short attention spans. CHASE THE MONSTER CHASE THE MONSTER. WHERE IS IT?!?! ZOMG! THERE THERE SWARM EXPLOSIONS EXPLOSIONS!

Is that you, Mr. Torgue?

bread's done
Back