Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Ummm. I did.

I agree with the "price" argument that's been thrown around a few times. It's not worth $60, IMO.
I haven't played it yet, so it could suck. It doesn't have zombies so it's already got something against it.

I was just teasing Mooby.

From what I see all the day 1 DLC is skins. It also has a Season Pass, but every game has a day 1 season pass. I hate DLC as much as the next man but this model looks like other DLC models I've seen. I don't know what's in the season pass or what content will be free in the future so I can't speculate on all that.

From what I see all the day 1 DLC is skins. It also has a Season Pass, but every game has a day 1 season pass. I hate DLC as much as the next man but this model looks like other DLC models I've seen. I don't know what's in the season pass or what content will be free in the future so I can't speculate on all that.
Beyond the Season Pass and whatnot, the PC Monster Race Edition also Includes:
o The unannounced FIFTH Monster still in development
o Two additional Hunters (beyond the four available in the season pass)

I don't think this package has been less than $100 (not counting glitches).

http://evolvegame.com/news/the-evolve-digital-versions-breakdown

a certain banned member of the forums would all the time

and also i do on rare occasions
photo-thumb-410608.jpg

I may not always buy games, but when I do I pay $60.

~ The World's Most Interesting CAG

Outtake version:

photo-thumb-410608.jpg

I may only have 500 games, but paid more for 10 of them than you did for your entire library.

~The World's Most Interesting CAG

It was around $60 at Nuuvem. Also, its all future DLC besides the skins. The skins are the only thing that is out now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gonna wait until this game is 75% off for 7.99. I still have my 3432175316 steam games that are back logged anyways.

Anybody know if dev get a cut of the gem money?  Just would seem kind of shitty for devs to do the work of creating cards and items for their games and then Valve say "sorry, they turned them into gems so you don't get anything." Unless Steam gives them a cut of the gems.  

Anybody know if dev get a cut of the gem money? Just would seem kind of shitty for devs to do the work of creating cards and items for their games and then Valve say "sorry, they turned them into gems so you don't get anything." Unless Steam gives them a cut of the gems.
Considering common cards can be worth as little as ONE gem... I doubt they get a cut of that. A sack with 1000 is worth 50-75 cents.

(The Radical Roach cards are worth 4 cents in the market and convert to a single gem. It's ridiculous.)

Truth is, anything turned into gems is just lost money from market sales that the dev will never see. Even if a 3-4 cent item is sold on the market, they get a cent... which is something.

So, the whole email confirmation for Steam trades seems to a great success currently. I'm glad my hotmail account is so safe and secure from the evils of Steam.

Because the last 2 acts still haven't been released yet and they're trying not to piss off early adopters too much since the game's been out 2 years now. It'll probably hit 75% off by the time all the episodes are out.
I think the fact that the game's been out for two years now with no sign of the next episodes in sight might piss off the early adopters a smidge. Frankly, most of those folks probably bought it at this pricepoint.

So, the whole email confirmation for Steam trades seems to a great success currently. I'm glad my hotmail account is so safe and secure from the evils of Steam.
Yeah, what's up with that? I had to change the email on my alt to gmail yesterday because Steam verifications emails weren't showing up. But I've never had a problem using my hotmail account with my main Steam account before.

Yeah, what's up with that? I had to change the email on my alt to gmail yesterday because Steam verifications emails weren't showing up. But I've never had a problem using my hotmail account with my main Steam account before.
You can disable the email verification requirement. I did that for my alt because it only trades with my main. I'm leaving it on on my main just in case I ever drunk-Russian/drunk-me tradeclick on something I shouldn't.

No idea. Steam changed something in the last day to cause this. Steam support is issuing a blanket response saying it's the provider blocking emails and people have contacted Outlook support which is blaming Steam (which I am more inclined to believe). I too have never had an issue with my Hotmail account, which is why I still use it. You can't even reliably change your email if you can't receive the email verification. It seems it's primarily Outlook, but I've seen people saying they've had trouble with their gmail accounts as well.

I don't have any idea about the community because I have not and will not ever play a game with people I don't know. L4D is extremely bland and dull, the source engine is awful and there's a limited amount of maps that you play over and over and over again. The gameplay is horrifically stupid and shallow which is par for the course with most shooters but this one somehow manages to even make brain dead shooters exciting. I don't understand how one could play for more then a few hours which is all I managed to stomach. Perhaps you'd enjoy Call of Duty 37 as well?
Well you've played Payday 2 for 35 hours, so I didn't think repetitive and stupid were completely off the table for you.

A quick glance at L4D2 shows 13 campaigns (4-5 levels in each campaign) and, as Bobby pointed out, there are lots of good custom maps. The shooting mechanics are pretty shallow, but the slight random events and the special infected create a very nice combination of possibilities. Versus with friends is very fun and the combinations you can set up as special infected against the survivors is quite interesting.

I realize that shooters aren't really your thing, so consider these as more of a general counterpoint to (what I believe are) incorrect statements than an attempt to get you to see my point of view.

The last COD I played was COD4: Modern Warfare in 2007. COD multiplayer isn't really my thing.

definition of great = Lost Planet 3 feels like a watered down Dead Space. Any redeeming qualities of the Lost Planet franchise are dead and gone, leaving a husk of its former self. 

So you know how Hitman: Absolution wasn't popular among the series' fans, right?

Well... I think it's going to be the second third least liked thing in the franchise now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HELfuiarPpo

So you know how Hitman: Absolution wasn't popular among the series' fans, right?

Well... I think it's going to be the second least liked thing in the franchise now.
I love video game movies and remakes of old 70's, 80's and 90's movies. We need some fresh blood in hollywood to come up with some original ideas!

So, nobody posted about this yet? Is this just Valve's way of subtly reminding devs that they can actually do this? I can't take it at face value because people have been running Greenlight bundles pretty much since the inception of Greenlight, so it's not as though this could have somehow escaped their attention prior to this moment. Also, trying to argue for the integrity of the Greenlight program at this juncture seems like making an argument that there were obviously weapons of mass destruction in Iraq when the US invaded in 2003.

I actually liked Olyphant as 47.

I like to think of it as a movie based on a game as opposed to a game made into a movie.
I liked his performance, but the film was about as well-written as Spider-Man 3.

I liked his performance, but the film was about as well-written as Spider-Man 3.
I liked the 3rd the best. What's that say about me? I just like the thought of Lowell and Eric as villains. Though, I do like Spider-Man about as much as Aquaman, so take that into consideration.

So, nobody posted about this yet? Is this just Valve's way of subtly reminding devs that they can actually do this? I can't take it at face value because people have been running Greenlight bundles pretty much since the inception of Greenlight, so it's not as though this could have somehow escaped their attention prior to this moment. Also, trying to argue for the integrity of the Greenlight program at this juncture seems like making an argument that there were obviously weapons of mass destruction in Iraq when the US invaded in 2003.
It's for free key for a vote games, they aren't giving away games if you bought them in a bundle.

Though I'm sure some foreign developer will think that's what they mean soon though.

I actually liked Olyphant as 47.

I like to think of it as a movie based on a game as opposed to a game made into a movie.
Yeah. I was actually fine with the first Hitman film.

I went in expecting it to be shit, because how could it not be? And it was bad in a dumb, fun way, so what's the harm?

With Evolve, I just smell another Titanfall here - i.e. game might be tons of fun, but base-game lacks content to keep me wanting to keep playing after a few hours.
I think I'm already at that point.

Never played Titanfall. But I find myself going back to CSGO. Some of you know how much I love CSGO..

From the weekly sales - Bundle fodder or acceptable Steam purchase?:

Black Mirror III   ($1.99/80%) - Humble could have a third Nordic bundle?

Disciples Sacred Lands of Gold   ($1.99/75%) - Better to purchase on GOG?

Sins of a Dark Age   ($.99/80%) - I missed out on the free copy

About Love Hate and the Other Ones   ($.97/86%)

Safecracker   ($1.24/75%) - Missed this in the Humble bundle

Dark Fall Collection   ($1.99/75%) - Missed the Humble bundle...again

Edit - forgot to add

Pool Nation Bumper Pack Bundle   ($1.94/84%) - Already have the base game so this would just give me the bumper pack at that price.

Yeah. I was actually fine with the first Hitman film.

I went in expecting it to be shit, because how could it not be? And it was bad in a dumb, fun way, so what's the harm?
I found it pretty tolerable. Acceptable, even.

The new film's trailer is just... it looks like a decent action flick, but why did it have to -be- a Hitman film? Did Squeenix sell the rights for a box of Cracker Jack or something?

I found it pretty tolerable. Acceptable, even.

The new film's trailer is just... it looks like a decent action flick, but why did it have to -be- a Hitman film? Did Squeenix sell the rights for a box of Cracker Jack or something?
Because can't make new IP. Better use existing one's to death.

bread's done
Back