Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I would buy Evolve for... $5... maybe. It's like they had a meeting to brainstorm how they could make a crappier version of L4D.
I like to imagine it as L4D without Valve's good gaming sense.

I'm probably in a minority of people for who the "free game for votes" thing actually works as marketing since I'll take a look but won't bother voting unless it actually looks like something I might entertain playing. Sometimes the WGN updates say "Hey, keys are out for this game if you voted" and I look for my key and realize that I passed on voting for the game because it looked like ass.
Yeah, I'm mostly right there with you. I think the way WGN does it is legitimate marketing. Voting is not a requirement -- and I don't normally vote for it unless I think I'd play it.

Though I admit that I have joined some Steam groups+vote for some pretty shitty games.

And lol at Valve's notion that they are somehow trying to be selective on the games they greenlight.

Last edited by a moderator:
I miss it when the store was better curated... So I like this new move. So much lo-fi crap getting in that's the noise blocking the good stuff. 

Who has played Teslagrad and how is it? 2.50 seems to be the lowest it's been, and only been in a $10 tier Humble. I am starting to think bundles only add crap games and maybe I should pick it up now.
I thought it sucked. There's no dialogue and plot is only shown cutscene-esque with greater depth added when you find the achievements (which I would never have found all of without a guide). I didn't feel any drive in the game; nothing really propels you along. They even shoehorn reasons to dislike the final boss about 5 minutes before you face it. The "real ending" was also terrible in my opinion as it went against the nature of the game. Boss fights are puzzle fights and too often I knew what to do but failed in executing it which meant I had to restart the boss fight from the beginning.

Pros? It's pretty and if you're into playing with magnets then there are some cool puzzles. For $2.50? I guess if you're into magnetic puzzles since I can't think of any other reason to play it.

Edit: Steam says it took me 5 hours to 100% it.

Edit 2: MNS has a steam review. He recommended it:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mrninjasquirrel/recommended/249590/

Started playing Shadowrun Returns today...I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying it. The combat is pretty reminiscent of Xcom, the world is interesting, and the writing is really good overall. Excited for when the expansion is inevitably bundled, or goes on a substantial discount, since it apparently makes a lot of improvements.

Has everyone seen Help --> About in the GUI version of Idle Master?

Also, I guess it's possible (though overkill) to run the old command prompt looking one simultaneously and idle both main and alt.

Started playing Shadowrun Returns today...I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying it. The combat is pretty reminiscent of Xcom, the world is interesting, and the writing is really good overall. Excited for when the expansion is inevitably bundled, or goes on a substantial discount, since it apparently makes a lot of improvements.
I'm looking forward to Dragonfall bricking down in price, as well.

I thought SR Returns was great.

Keep in mind the final fight in SR:R is very difficult, and depending on the party you take can basically end up being impossible. I had to Youtube the ending.

I thought it sucked. There's no dialogue and plot is only shown cutscene-esque with greater depth added when you find the achievements (which I would never have found all of without a guide). I didn't feel any drive in the game; nothing really propels you along. They even shoehorn reasons to dislike the final boss about 5 minutes before you face it. The "real ending" was also terrible in my opinion as it went against the nature of the game. Boss fights are puzzle fights and too often I knew what to do but failed in executing it which meant I had to restart the boss fight from the beginning.

Pros? It's pretty and if you're into playing with magnets then there are some cool puzzles. For $2.50? I guess if you're into magnetic puzzles since I can't think of any other reason to play it.

Edit: Steam says it took me 5 hours to 100% it.

Edit 2: MNS has a steam review. He recommended it:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mrninjasquirrel/recommended/249590/
Thanks for the review, even the good reviews say it can be frustrating. I've got a week to ponder it.

I know this is totally anti CAG but they have a Kickstarter going for the new one, if they get 1M they include a 4-5 hour mini campaign with the game. They are only asking $15 for the game which I think is reasonable.

I don't know when the Steam client decided to start adding the most recently added (not installed) games to the systray r-click menu, but it sucks. I don't +1 games to play them dammit.

I know this is totally anti CAG but they have a Kickstarter going for the new one, if they get 1M they include a 4-5 hour mini campaign with the game. They are only asking $15 for the game which I think is reasonable.
Meh, I hope it gets there but I'm not spending 15 on it. I like the game a lot, but I only pay full price for a very, very small amount of games. I've only ever paid full price/pre ordered for Dark Souls 2 and Bioshock Infinite. That list will be expanding though, when Zelda Wii U is released. Also might have to buy a whole new console for stupid Bloodborne.

I have to wonder if they really needed to do another Kickstarter. Shadowrun Returns and Dragonfall were fairly high profile releases that seemed to sell well on release and then again several times on sales, plus the SR was in a Humble that sold a kajillion copies and pretty much anyone who has ever been in a Humble was not complaining about the money. And those games were already paid for too by the first Kickstarter so it's not like they needed to recoup expenses. Remember, the first Kickstarter they only asked for 400K to make it and got over 1.8 mil.

It feels like they are just doing a Kickstarter because they have a big name and because they can.

I have to wonder if they really needed to do another Kickstarter. Shadowrun Returns and Dragonfall were fairly high profile releases that seemed to sell well on release and then again several times on sales, plus the SR was in a Humble that sold a kajillion copies and pretty much anyone who has ever been in a Humble was not complaining about the money.

It feels like they are just doing a Kickstarter because they have a big name and because they can.
I don't think they needed a kickstarter either. if they didn't for the expansion they didn't for this. Can't blame them for wanting to exhaust all avenues to cut costs all that much though

Meh, I hope it gets there but I'm not spending 15 on it. I like the game a lot, but I only pay full price for a very, very small amount of games. I've only ever paid full price/pre ordered for Dark Souls 2 and Bioshock Infinite. That list will be expanding though, when Zelda Wii U is released. Also might have to buy a whole new console for stupid Bloodborne.
wait a minute, wait a minute... You tout the WiiU, but complain about buying a PS4? Have you had your dosage checked recently?

No one reads the OP.
Dude, this is all I see when I login.

allisee_zps4ced86fe.jpg

The + helps.

wait a minute, wait a minute... You tout the WiiU, but complain about buying a PS4? Have you had your dosage checked recently?
Wii u is cheaper than ps4 by over 100 dollars and has games on it that, like them or not, offer gameplay experiences that you can't really find on any other platform. Ps4 will have primarily the bang bang shooty shooty and open world games you can find on any other platform. Complaining because as of now I really only want it for one game as opposed to wanting the majority of high profile wii u exclusives

I have to wonder if they really needed to do another Kickstarter. Shadowrun Returns and Dragonfall were fairly high profile releases that seemed to sell well on release and then again several times on sales, plus the SR was in a Humble that sold a kajillion copies and pretty much anyone who has ever been in a Humble was not complaining about the money. And those games were already paid for too by the first Kickstarter so it's not like they needed to recoup expenses. Remember, the first Kickstarter they only asked for 400K to make it and got over 1.8 mil.

Kickstarter is just becoming a glorified preorder platform for games.

Wii u is cheaper than ps4 by over 100 dollars and has games on it that, like them or not, offer gameplay experiences that you can't really find on any other platform. Ps4 will have primarily the bang bang shooty shooty and open world games you can find on any other platform. Complaining because as of now I really only want it for one game as opposed to wanting the majority of high profile wii u exclusives
Yep, I can't agree more. WiiU is the only NEX-GEN console offering anything unique.

Well maybe people should, you know, vote for what they actually think looks good and would actually buy without a bribe.

I mean I've done it plenty of times, most of us have, but it's always been kind of a schiesty thing that made me feel like I need to take a shower after I make that vote.

That being said, with the sheer volume of games they are letting in now and complete lack of any quality control it seems a bit like closing the barn door after the horse got out. At this point why bother?
I'll vote for almost anything if they promise keys for free (or for a bundled game), and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. They've been letting so much rubbish through Greenlight (and - even worse - directly onto Steam) that I've long since stopped caring.

My nerf racing wheel is completely badass and I want a Wii U so I can play Mario Kart 8.

Also, I guess it's possible (though overkill) to run the old command prompt looking one simultaneously and idle both main and alt.
Nope, doesn't work. Just idles the games on the account that is logged in, even if it isn't the same. Not sure what it would do if the logged-in account didn't own the game.

I have to wonder if they really needed to do another Kickstarter.
On the Kickstarter page, they say they had enough from previous sales to fund Shadowrun: Hong Kong on a similar level as Dragonfall - Director's Cut. This Kickstarter campaign is for content that will be added to the base game.

[customspoiler="The Breakdown"]
07a6b123f282deab8fc6c530b63c7c39_original.jpg
[/customspoiler]

I'll vote for almost anything if they promise keys for free (or for a bundled game), and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. They've been letting so much rubbish through Greenlight (and - even worse - directly onto Steam) that I've long since stopped caring.
Well yeah. At this point it's hardly worth worrying about and I did go on to say that. Ideally, the system was supposed to work so that you vote for what you like and would buy without a bunch of shenanigans, but Valve are naive and lazy and didn't bother putting any effort into their own system so it's not like they can come along now two and a half years later and suddenly clean things up.
On the Kickstarter page, they say they had enough from previous sales to fund Shadowrun: Hong Kong on a similar level as Dragonfall - Director's Cut. This Kickstarter campaign is for content that will be added to the base game.

[/customspoiler]
TL;DR excuses to ask for more money because.

A lot of those Kickstarter stretch goals are bogus and just put there because marketing makes it sound good for people to have reasons to keep throwing money at them. I've even seen a couple out and out say they intended to do the goals anyway it's just something they did because that's the thing to do on Kickstarter.

I'm pretty sure they have enough money to do mostly what they want at this point so while it may make some people happy to think they're asking for mo' money because of this side quest and that extra character, the simplest reason is probably just because they can.

I thought it was terrible and I love both Remember Me and Telltale stuff. Go figure.

I guess if you have a high tolerance for emo-ness, misunderstood teen cliches and forced over done dialogue about teenage girls in the Pacific Northwest written by adult Frenchmen it could be okay.

It's like Hasselhoff, really popular in Europe, and maybe barfing up drunk BK on the carpet.

As for me, I give it 5 Mooby Derps and a heavy dramatic sigh.
Based on the trailers I've seen, Life is Strange looks like a Telltale game based on an "indie movie" (you know the type), full of the cliches those often come with, and marketed towards the crowd who enjoyed Gone Home.

Who has played Teslagrad and how is it? 2.50 seems to be the lowest it's been, and only been in a $10 tier Humble. I am starting to think bundles only add crap games and maybe I should pick it up now.
I feel like Teslagrad is one of those "destined for a HiB" games (like Rogue Legacy and Shadow Warrior). If you're really excited by the premise, you should grab it, but if you're just going to backlog it, wait.

Ok, this time I double checked.

I saw this Sleeping Dogs Humble Promo => https://steamdb.info/sub/60635/ and still cannot figure if it will be a free game from humble or something else.

Any ideas?
SteamDB says I own it, so it's probably the non-Definitive version which means they're probably giving it away (either as a promo for a bundle, or more likely, a Squeenix-themed Humble Store sale like Focus Home had this past weekend), which is genius because that means they can sell you the DLC that's still on the Steam store (which probably has had slowed sales since the old version is no longer purchasable in order to sell more copies of the Definitive Edition).

I feel like Teslagrad is one of those "destined for a HiB" games (like Rogue Legacy and Shadow Warrior). If you're really excited by the premise, you should grab it, but if you're just going to backlog it, wait.
It's way less high profile than those games. Also it was in a Humble, just in a crazy high expensive tier.

I've kind of given up wishing for games to be in a Humble because then the universe hears me and puts them in a $10 or $12 tier just to piss me off. Be Careful What You Wish For. :p

A lot of those Kickstarter stretch goals are bogus and just put there because marketing makes it sound good for people to have reasons to keep throwing money at them. I've even seen a couple out and out say they intended to do the goals anyway it's just something they did because that's the thing to do on Kickstarter.
I've been working on my Kickstarter tiers for Age of Dragons: Investigation.

$15,000 - Colors! Primary colors will be used in the game (Red, Yellow, Blue)

$25,000 - Enhanced Colors! Secondary colors will be used in the game (Orange, Purple, Green)

$40,000 - Sound! The game will include sounds

$70,000 - Animation! Figures will have animation. Legs will move.

$110,000 - Enhanced Menus! Pressing ESC will bring up an option menu

$130,000 - Advanced Menus! Option menu will include a "Quit" function to allow you to leave the game without Alt-Tabbing out and force closing

$25,000 - Enhanced Colors! Secondary colors will be used in the game (Orange, Purple, Green)
$130,000 - Advanced Menus! Option menu will include a "Quit" function to allow you to leave the game without Alt-Tabbing out and force closing
You're just ripping off Evoland now. Admit it.

I'll back if you include a save game functionality... And a plot.

Will the Dragon and Investigations actually be in the Season Pass?

Sounds like DLC Quest.

[/customspoiler]
Maybe I'll contribute, really want the game to have "more better sound."

That being said, though, I'm glad the revamped matrix is funded, because as is the way the matrix i presented in SRR is kind of blah.

I'll back if you include a save game functionality... And a plot.
There were actually a few Early Access games where the devs didn't get around to adding save functionality yet. And I get the whole Early Access thing but really people? Would you release to Early Access with just a title screen.

Actually it wouldn't shock me at this point if someone did.

Speaking of bullshit, Peter Molyneux abandoned Godus and the designer admitted they can't deliver on everything they promised.

Im December Peter Molyneux warned of the destructive nature of Kickstarter which encourages overpromising. Because he never (Fable) ever (Fable) overpromised before Kickstarter.

It's way less high profile than those games. Also it was in a Humble, just in a crazy high expensive tier.

I've kind of given up wishing for games to be in a Humble because then the universe hears me and puts them in a $10 or $12 tier just to piss me off. Be Careful What You Wish For. :p
I'd say Steamworld Dig was pretty low-profile but that was in a HiB too. You forget that HiBs aren't exclusively reserved for the best of the best anymore.

Completely agree about Molyneux, Kickstarter is practically his wet dream.

There were actually a few Early Access games where the devs didn't get around to adding save functionality yet. And I get the whole Early Access thing but really people? Would you release to Early Access with just a title screen.

Actually it wouldn't shock me at this point if someone did.

Speaking of bullshit, Peter Molyneux abandoned Godus and the designer admitted they can't deliver on everything they promised.

Im December Peter Molyneux warned of the destructive nature of Kickstarter which encourages overpromising. Because he never (Fable) ever (Fable) overpromised before Kickstarter.
I'm having a MysterD moment. I've still got a boxed copy of Black & White. Thank god that one delivered everything molyneux promised.

Me too.

And I have a retail copy of Black + White 2 & its expansion, as well.
I have B&W2 and the expansion as well (but not the first one). I would post a photo but I got a really hideous haircut this past weekend and I'd prefer if no one saw me for the next six weeks.

The guy who "won" Molyneux's Curiosity "game" must be pretty pissed now since he was supposed to get a cut of the profits.

So I did some digging, and apparently the controversy with Godus is that Molyneux and team took the money from the kickstarter and put it towards the freemium mobile version (instead of the PC version advertised on kickstarter), basically giving the PC version jack shit in terms of support because "freemium's where the money is". Based on their financial troubles, I guess freemium's not where the money is after all, dumbasses.

bread's done
Back