Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I wanna get the FO4 season pass before its $50 tomorrow but with only one dlc that looks pretty good, I'm just gonna skip it. I have been putting alot of time in Fallout and I'm almost done with it but I don't think I see myself going back for the dlcs when I'm done tho. Think I'll go with the Just Cause 3 sp instead, looks so much better.

I wanna get the FO4 season pass before its $50 tomorrow but with only one dlc that looks pretty good, I'm just gonna skip it. I have been putting alot of time in Fallout and I'm almost done with it but I don't think I see myself going back for the dlcs when I'm done tho. Think I'll go with the Just Cause 3 sp instead, looks so much better.
It's a leap year, so you'll have one more day to think about it. :)

Just to maybe save you guys: Stardew Valley still has a lot of bugs that need to be patched, and that are actively being patched.  Irreplaceable tools going missing, automatic sorting eating items, crab pots duplicating themselves infinitely and filling your inventory...  I'm waiting for the first sale, since most of the bugs should be ironed out by them.

I'm confused if people are talking smack about Animal Crossing, or Harvest Moon, or Grandma games.  All of which I thoroughly enjoy.  All to defend yet another st00pid zombie game.  I think.

I'm confused if people are talking smack about Animal Crossing, or Harvest Moon, or Grandma games. All of which I thoroughly enjoy. All to defend yet another st00pid zombie game. I think.
I actually wasn't talking smack about any game, not sure where you got that. And yeah, yeah, yeah, we get it, some people hate zombie games because...actually I don't know why... but still, we get it.

But what if one (like myself) already owns FO4? :p
You give it to me so I don't need to buy a copy.
3g34z30.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like Animal Crossing games. When I was younger, I was excited about the Gamecube Animal Crossing game. I played it a lot, and even spent time decorating despite the fact that none of my friends knew or cared about the game. I got all of the junk I wanted and had all of the in-game video games and a bunch of e-Reader cards. Animal Crossing DS came out shortly after that. I bought it on sale and realized I had to start all over again, with no way of sending my new character anything that I spent time saving from my old game. I still played it for quite a while, made some design patterns, went around to other people's towns, and all that. Then Animal Crossing Wii game out, and I said fuck it.

It's the same boring game, every time, with a few new ideas inserted here and there. Pokemon at least allows you to transfer your good Pokemon over and has a story/goal, but AC lacks both of those. Plus, the games all remind me of how Republicans see people who aren't Republican: the animals are lazy, the human is better, and the one store owner monopolizes all sales and forces you to work for him as soon as you immigrate and charges you arbitrary prices.

Harvest Moon games are much different. The ones I've played are MUCH more detailed, focusing on economic and cultural sustainability and developing and stabilizing your life and future with the right woman--good concepts fundamental and applicable to the real world. I also like Rune Factory, although I don't play either much anymore since I've graduated to doing those things in my actual life.

In short: AC is all about consumerism, and Harvest Moon is more about making life choices.

Plus, the games all remind me of how Republicans see people who aren't Republican: the animals are lazy, the human is better, and the one store owner monopolizes all sales and forces you to work for him as soon as you immigrate and charges you arbitrary prices.
Found the communist.

I played Life Is Strange AKA Emo High School Simulator. So far I can see where Brotoki's criticisms of the game come from. I hope it picks up. MysterD you seriously played this?

I played Life Is Strange AKA Emo High School Simulator. So far I can see where Brotoki's criticisms of the game come from. I hope it picks up. MysterD you seriously played this?
Sure did.

MysterD Steam Review here:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mysterd/recommended/319630

More MysterD type of long-winded details:

Impressions from Eps 1-4 here -> http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TGAEC/discussions/0/530647080133925863/

Impressions from Ep 5 in particular -> http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TGAEC/discussions/0/483367798520665015/

Yes. He did.

All the way to the end. Like a teenage girl. tee hee!
I just can't imagine Myster AAA playing through this.

My main problem is I've yet to like the main character, not because she's a high school girl, but because of the type of high school girl she is. Like she's supposed to be different, but she's as superficial and shallow as everyone else. At least so far. Maybe she'll get better as the game progresses.

Sure did.

MysterD Steam Review here:
http://store.steampowered.com/recommended/recommendgame/319630

More MysterD type of long-winded details:
Impressions from Eps 1-4 here -> http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TGAEC/discussions/0/530647080133925863/
Impressions from Ep 5 in particular -> http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TGAEC/discussions/0/483367798520665015/
That first link just takes me to a form where I can write my own review. I won't fall for your trickery.

I just can't imagine Myster AAA playing through this.
Why can't you?

LiS is basically a not-as-AAA David Cage-style + Telltale-style game interactive movie-game/adventure game moved to a high-school setting. Though, I don't think the writing is often anywhere a sharp or as stellar as what Telltale has put out.

Any spoilers? Started reading, but then it started sounding spoilerish.
First link to Steam review, no.

The other last 2 links w/ my impressions about the Episodes - yes, it has all spoiler texts blacked-out.

To read that stuff, you'd need to highlight it.

I like how Life is Strange™ puts the trademark symbol into my Steam library.  "Just because you own this game, don't think you can disrespect Life is Strange™ 's intellectual property rights!"

Other such games since I'm bored: Batman™: Arkham Origins/Blackgate (but not Asylum/City), Inversion™, LEGO: Hobbit™/Lord of the Rings™, Medal of Honor( TM ) -- where they were too lazy to look up the ALT code --, Murdered: Soul Suspect™, PixelJunk™, Real Boxing™, Retro City Rampage™, Sleeping Dogs™, Tea Party Simulator 2015™, Warhammer 40k™ and Xeodrifter™

Interesting collection of major IP's (Batman, Tolkien, Warhammer) and shit no one would ever care about (Xeodrifter?)

I like how Life is Strange™ puts the trademark symbol into my Steam library. "Just because you own this game, don't think you can disrespect Life is Strange™ 's intellectual property rights!"

Other such games since I'm bored: Batman™: Arkham Origins/Blackgate (but not Asylum/City), Inversion™, LEGO: Hobbit™/Lord of the Rings™, Medal of Honor( TM ) -- where they were too lazy to look up the ALT code --, Murdered: Soul Suspect™, PixelJunk™, Real Boxing™, Retro City Rampage™, Sleeping Dogs™, Tea Party Simulator 2015™, Warhammer 40k™ and Xeodrifter™

Interesting collection of major IP's (Batman, Tolkien, Warhammer) and shit no one would ever care about (Xeodrifter?)
They even misspelled "Xeno." Or it was already taken. Noobz!

I like how Life is Strange™ puts the trademark symbol into my Steam library. "Just because you own this game, don't think you can disrespect Life is Strange™ 's intellectual property rights!"
You should get Enslaved then... Its got two ™ in it's title. (Twice the fun, I guess?)

What I find to be interesting is that searching "tm" doesn't pull any of these games up (minus Batman, obviously) and searching for ™ isn't valid. So how do they get the ™ in the name without it being searchable?

tl:dr I guess I'm bored too...

fallout 4 pc is at $29.81 on amazon right now
or you can just get it digitally from that guy in the trade thread for $25.

So after all the oscar hype, I saw Mad Max and it was alright but way too overhyped and I beat the Mad Max game too which was pretty good but both were kinda boring for me.

Finished Far Cry Primal on PS4 and wow it had no ending at all, it just ends. Story was so bad but taking over outposts were fun, took me 16 hours but felt a little longer. Not sure if i'll double dip on PC so soon.

Resident Evil 0 T-Shirt DLC

74Y6H-32GY7-YHV9J-P6KT9-GPHYZ /// Xbox One
34YYQ-XTHR7-Q3G33-3WMC2-RWDGZ /// Xbox 360
6B5E-R9NL-4HA4 /// PS3/PS4

Interesting tidbit: the "" symbol doesn't mean a damn thing. It is not emblematic of any legal protection. Heck Foxy could start writing Brofist, but it wouldnt mean a thing. The only symbol that signifies trademark protection is "®".

Here's T.Marky in all his glory (yes, your federal government pays for this).
t_markey.gif

-your resident IP Professional

Played a little Life is Strange last night and agree with both Fox and Motoki: the main character is too twee by half and not especially likable. I'll give it a night longer and see if the plot grows on me enough to overcome.

bread's done
Back