Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Because of all of the feminist talk previously, here's a related feminist video to get your girl power rising:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGfYlyfk4fU

And for Bernardo's sake, I won't mention how feminism is sexist reverse discrimination.

I might even install the Uplay games I own now!
HL5DSc2.gif

Daily Deal
Surgeon Simulator 2013 - $9.99 $2.49

Weeklong Deals
Kung Fu Strike: The Warrior's Rise - Master Level - $2.99 $0.29
Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves - $14.99 $1.49
Kung Fu Strike - The Warrior's Rise - $9.99 $0.99
Hacker Evolution Duality: Inception Part 1 DLC - $29.99 $2.99
Pool Nation - $9.99 $0.99
Chicken Shoot Gold - $6.99 $0.69
Heli Heroes - $4.99 $0.74
Jack Orlando: Director's Cut - $4.99 $0.74
Hacker Evolution: Untold - $9.99 $1.99
Crysis 2 - Maximum Edition - $29.99 $5.99
Death to Spies - $4.99 $0.99
El Matador - $4.99 $0.99
Dead Horde - $9.99 $1.99
Aggression: Europe Under Fire - $9.99 $2.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $2.49
Neighbours from Hell Compilation - $9.99 $2.49
Safecracker: The Ultimate Puzzle Adventure - $4.99 $1.24
Corporate Lifestyle Simulator - $4.99 $1.24
Victorian Admirals - $19.99 $4.99
Bardbarian - $4.99 $1.24
Litil Divil - $9.99 $2.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $2.49
Neighbours from Hell Compilation - $9.99 $2.49
Safecracker: The Ultimate Puzzle Adventure - $4.99 $1.24
Dragon Age: Origins - $19.99 $4.99
Defense Technica - $14.99 $3.74
StarDrive - $29.99 $7.49
MUD Motocross World Championship - $9.99 $2.49
The Apogee Throwback Pack - $9.99 $2.49
Speed Kills - $12.99 $3.89
Wildlife Park 3 - $9.99 $3.39
OMG Zombies! - $4.99 $1.69
Revolution Ace - $11.99 $4.79
Blackguards - $59.99 $23.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $3.99
Diehard Dungeon - $4.99 $2.24
FortressCraft Evolved! - $8.99 $4.49
InFlux - $9.99 $4.99
Dungeon Hearts - $2.99 $1.49
Showtime! - $7.99 $3.99
Let's Sing - $14.99 $7.49
The Entente Gold - $1.99 $0.99
Bullet Candy - $3.99 $1.99
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $6.69
MouseCraft - $14.99 $10.04
Obscure - $6.99 $4.68
Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden - $7.99 $5.59
Catzilla - Advanced - $14.99 $10.49
GTGD S1: More Than a Gamer - $1.99 $1.49

I like how the new Steam interface makes it easier for me to scan the weekly sales and see which games I don't already own.  I don't like how none of them are anything I would consider buying.

In case anyone else fakeybro'd Final Fantasy IV like I did trading cards are finally available.

7 cards total 4 drops.

Hey, the Surgeon Sim Anniversary DLC is 75% off too! Grabbing that.

Edit: Isn't the Peon bundle the one that Casey from Blink was working on now?

Store page went from 95 weeklong sale items on a page-back, to 89 on a reload. Wonder what that's about.

And time to 100% Surgeon Sim for the third time. God damn you Nigel.

Store page went from 95 weeklong sale items on a page-back, to 89 on a reload. Wonder what that's about.
It initially included the DLC for certain games that are on the list.

EDIT: For example, I saw the DLC for Corporate Lifestyle Sim when I first checked. At the time, It was 75% off. But not only is not on the list any more, but it looks like the discount has been removed.

That Logitech m510 sucks vs my G500, not sure if it's just the rougher slide on my desk surface or something else but it's not precise and hard to focus on clicking small things. I'm going to try fixing the G500 double click issue after all. G500 is so damn smooth and precise, I never appreciated that til now.

I don't use it for gaming so I didn't think a non-gaming mouse would cause a problem. This thing has like 3 different speeds or levels so I was thinking maybe that makes the difference. I keep it on the middle setting.

Damn, that G602 is ugly. Costs $80 here. Found it on sale for $60. Might keep this in mind if my clicking gets worse or I can't fix it. For now the double click is more of a minor annoyance.

Is Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition worth $6? never played any other of the games in the series.
If it's the type of game you enjoy, you'll get at least 80 hours out of it if not a lot more. Worth $6? I think most folks here would say yes.

Dandelion - Wishes brought to you -

http://store.steampowered.com/app/321290/

New dating simulation game. They are becoming pretty popular.
I was so expecting an Orange is the New Black reference.

I like how the new Steam interface makes it easier for me to scan the weekly sales and see which games I don't already own. I don't like how none of them are anything I would consider buying.
Worse than the old steam UI + Enhanced Steam, imo.

I can't see any mention of this before, there are some bundles up on peonbundle.com. I'm not even going to describe them, they're pretty poor.
<writes an apology card to IndieGala>

For all the people knocking on the new peonbundle site ... it's still in a "trial" state to work out any issues before it gets more added.

Hey everyone

So over the weekend we started testing the new Peon Bundle site. We released one price point tab ($1) for people to preview and test. Mainly just adding in the additional features and working out any kinks that you just don't normally see until it goes live. We wanted to make sure everything is smooth before adding more packs, since we've all recently seen how chaotic things can get when the system isn't tight when it goes to a larger audience.

Over the course of the next week or so we'll be releasing more tabs. We already have just over 20 packs (60 games) slated. We were actually supposed to hard launch last week. The new company I formed is family run, and we unfortunately had a death in the family that delayed things. But doing it this way gives us the opportunity to add features that we maybe haven't thought of yet before the entire range of packs are available.

Few notes about the new system
- The system isn't limited to packs. I can build standard bundles just as easily, but we're focusing on the pack system for now. We'd rather do something different initially. With the CMS that was built for me there are really no limitations with how I build things from now on. And it's incredibly easy for me to add packs pretty much daily.
- Amazon Payments and BitCoin are both in the process of being added. Both should be in place before the end of the week.
- EU overtaxing will not affect Peon.
- The system isn't limited to solely Steam keys.
- DRM-Free is already in the works for developers who want to participate.

I definitely encourage you to check out the new site and system. The initial feedback has already led to a lot of great improvements. So we're looking forward to enhancing the system further.

www.peonbundle.com
Source

Ans his responce to it being all repeats and stuff

There are quite a lot of previously unbundled games included within the full system. This is just a working preview.
So hopefully there are great things to come.

Is Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition worth $6? never played any other of the games in the series.
ummm...yes(!!!!)

this is, of course, dependent on your personal game preferences. if you at all like the old style rpgs (baldurs gate, icewind dale, etc), you should like dragon age. it's more than worth six bucks if you like those types of games.

If you loved the old-school cRPG series Baldur's Gate 1 + 2 from BioWare...

....meaning you enjoy long, time-sink party-based strategic-RPGs...

...where you can control a whole small party (of normally 4 in total in DAO; it's 6 in total in BG series), pause the game when in combat to change tactics + queue-up actions, then let it just fly until you need to make more tactics changes + maybe control a certain party members at all times in real-time; and make decisions throughout the game that will change the outcome of some of the game, game-world, its quests, the final ending(s), etc....

Then....

Daniel-Bryan-Yes-Cheer.gif

It's one of the best party-based cRPG's ever made, IMHO.

Also, if you get DAO Ultimate from Steam...

...you can take the (main) game-key and register that onto your Origin account.

Do that - and you'll have DAO Ultimate on both Steam + Origin.

Speaking from experience here.

Worse than the old steam UI + Enhanced Steam, imo.
For some reason I usually ended up looking at the Weeklies inside the client instead of the browser, so this works better for me. Anyway, not like it matters.

For all the people knocking on the new peonbundle site ... it's still in a "trial" state to work out any issues before it gets more added.
I still think it's a bad sign that they led with this. Talk about setting yourself up for failure...

For some reason I usually ended up looking at the Weeklies inside the client instead of the browser, so this works better for me. Anyway, not like it matters.

I still think it's a bad sign that they led with this. Talk about setting yourself up for failure...
bundle site is the fad of our time. I wonder what would be the next fad?

Thanks for all the input on dragon age, just bought it hope i enjoy.
If you like RPGs at all, then chances are you will be happy with your purchase. It's a fantastic game and the Ultimate Edition adds a lot of content (some better than others). Checking my Steam profile now I've got 124 hours in it, and I could easily double that if I wanted to play some of the alternate content (each character you can choose has about an hour of unique content at the very beginning of the game and many decisions you make along the way change things at the end).

Not sure if it been mentioned but 

Surgeon Simulator $2.49 | The Binding of Isaac $0.74 | Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves $1.49 | Pool Nation $0.99 |

/bored

How can I tell if a game is region locked?  I am interested in DAO Ultimate from one of the guys in the sell/trade thread but not if I can't play it of course.

How can I tell if a game is region locked? I am interested in DAO Ultimate from one of the guys in the sell/trade thread but not if I can't play it of course.
You won't know for sure until you see the gift or try to activate it. However, if the trader has a fair bit of rep or experience, they should know what's locked and what isn't.

I just wanted to say kudos. Of the three different posts in the past 24 hours that contain an equivalent phrase to "didn't see this mentioned yet," yours is the only one that hadn't been. Thank you for doing your thread homework. PROPS.
Ahem ...

I can't see any mention of this before, there are some bundles up on peonbundle.com. I'm not even going to describe them, they're pretty poor.

How can I tell if a game is region locked? I am interested in DAO Ultimate from one of the guys in the sell/trade thread but not if I can't play it of course.
According to its SteamDB listing, it can only be purchased in some European countries and the US, Canada, and Australia, but it has no activation restrictions. So you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back