Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoyed DS3 enough to play through it twice with a couple friends (once on PS3, and again on PC).

LOTR:WitN I played through once with Severose and ObsidianSpire.. and I doubt I'll play it again in the future.

I enjoyed DS3 enough to play through it twice with a couple friends (once on PS3, and again on PC).

LOTR:WitN I played through once with Severose and ObsidianSpire.. and I doubt I'll play it again in the future.
See, that's the thing - DS3 is still compelling!

DS3 might not have the best story ever made, but Obsidian made each component still compelling enough to keep you going - the combat, loot, and story. The story's still decent enough + better than anything else in the DS universe - and especially true for a game that's got the ARPG label on it.

Though, the combat + loot still in DS3 ain't anything as great as the previous DS1: LOA Edition + DS2: Complete games from GPG - which are the reasons you'll be hooked when playing DS1: LOA Edition + DS2: Complete.

LOTR:WITN - just doesn't have compelling loot, story, combat depth, and/or anything else to keep you hooked. Everything here feels barely-baked, nevermind half-baked. The only thing this game gets right is the combat controls work + 60 FPS performance without any hitches or budging (well, at least on my PC).

See, that's the thing - DS3 is still compelling!

DS3 might not have the best story ever made, but Obsidian made each component still compelling enough to keep you going - the combat, loot, and story. The story's still decent enough + better than anything else in the DS universe - and especially true for a game that's got the ARPG label on it.

Though, the combat + loot still in DS3 ain't anything as great as the previous DS1: LOA Edition + DS2: Complete games from GPG - which are the reasons you'll be hooked when playing DS1: LOA Edition + DS2: Complete.

LOTR:WITN - just doesn't have compelling loot, story, combat depth, and/or anything else to keep you hooked. Everything here feels barely-baked, nevermind half-baked. The only thing this game gets right is the combat controls work + 60 FPS performance without any hitches or budging (well, at least on my PC).
tumblr_mmjmx721HT1rvl3nyo1_500.gif

EDIT: And for tebow, AJ Lee nude pics were added to The Fappening. yuo can spanksy time your food nuts

I'm just here to add that we spent way too much time talking about LoTR:WitN. Good or bad.

If you like LotR and you are okay with an average action game -- nothing less, nothing more -- then check it out. It's not the worst game you'll ever play. Also, after you're done playing it, you probably won't care enough to come on the internet to hate on it or even really recommend it. 

It's one of those games like Dark Messiah of Might and Magic that is better than it is said to be, but not as good as it should be.

You would what would interest me a lot more than this conversation is thoughts from people actually playing the NEW LOTR game.  We had a couple comments on it, but if anyone else Krugozored it and wants to chime in about whether it's really as badass as it looks, I'd be interested to hear it.  (Also how well it performs, given all the earlier discussion about vram requirements.)

So I can decide if I can justify picking it up from K at 50% off in the winter sale, or if I have to be patient and wait for a steeper discount...

I wont bother buying it til I build a new rig. I could probably play it on low, but I'd rather play something in my backlog on Ultra. Plus, with the wait, I'll be able to pick up the GOTY edition for cheap.

So I was at EGX London this weekend. Here's what I recommend from the show:

• Alien Isolation
  • Dying Light (played it twice before)
  • Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Shadow of Mordor
EDIT - Also Lords of the Fallen and Bloodborne.

Is there anything you would say "stay away?" Did you try Evil Within?
Evil Within was actually the first game I played. I think people are going to love it but I was playing a PS4 version which hindered my enjoyment a bit.

The demo was Chapter 9 in the game and had no checkpoints which was a bit frustrating. I died at a point where you needed to aim relatively fast at something which sucked as I'm not used to aiming with a controller. Also, the FOV was very low compared to what I'm used to.

Tried Steamworld Derp for a couple of hours.  It's okay but plays like a children's version of Terraria.  Don't see myself pressing on.

I'm just here to add that we spent way too much time talking about LoTR:WitN. Good or bad.

If you like LotR and you are okay with an average action game -- nothing less, nothing more -- then check it out. It's not the worst game you'll ever play. Also, after you're done playing it, you probably won't care enough to come on the internet to hate on it or even really recommend it.

It's one of those games like Dark Messiah of Might and Magic that is better than it is said to be, but not as good as it should be.
Games have came a long way, since then (Dark Messiah) - well, they've tried to, at least.

Back when Dark Messiah launched, that game's first-person combat was visceral + excellent, for its time.

Sure, the story was nothing special - but the game itself + its combat was quite good, IMHO.

And the (competitive) MP was a lot of fun, as well.

Though, I'd certainly take Arx Fatalis over Dark Messiah any day.

Both of those games, I thought were underrated + under-appreciated.

LOTR:WITN doesn't deserve to be even in the conversation w/ the 2 above-said Arkane Studios games, IMHO.

Here's some HOT Lords of the Fallen gameplay I recorded too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nndmY50bzNc&feature=em-upload_owner

Back when Dark Messiah launched, that game's first-person combat was visceral + excellent, for its time.

... its combat was quite good, IMHO.
I liked DM of M&M, but mashing the kick button over and over was the easy win. WitN is no worse. We'll have to agree to disagree.

I liked DM of M&M, but mashing the kick button over and over was the easy win. WitN is no worse. We'll have to agree to disagree.
IIRC - I don't recall Dark Messiah constantly having AI go with you, when playing solo.

Worst of all - in LOTR:WITN, Andriel's AI is normally too defensive + she's getting knocked-down way too much.

I guess that means - maybe I should play certain sections as her. :p

EDIT:

It's not like LOTR:WITN has deep settings for giving orders to AI or let you switch to them on-the-fly while in game/in-combat - the latter would be the best option, IMHO; I'd rather have both, personally. You can select which character to be before you boot an area/load a save or at certain points when in-game, basically.

was about to fakeybro Planetary Annihilation until I find out that it has no offline mode and no save function. :wall: The entire game is essentially streamed to you since you cannot host a client-side match no matter what you do. Even singleplayer games are server-side, and the servers suck.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/spazz676/recommended/233250/
It's because you almost fakeybro'd it.

Friends don't let friends fakeybro Steam games.

was about to fakeybro Planetary Annihilation until I find out that it has no offline mode and no save function. :wall: The entire game is essentially streamed to you since you cannot host a client-side match no matter what you do. Even singleplayer games are server-side, and the servers suck.

hahah, wow at all those schmucks who kickstarted it or who bought in at the bloated early access price of like $70-100.

Yeah, I'm disappointed about some of the decisions they made as well. I almost kickstarted it because I loved Total Annihilation. They got so much of it right, and some of the ideas are brilliant, but they've really turned me off with the whole streaming model.

Yeah, I'm disappointed about some of the decisions they made as well. I almost kickstarted it because I loved Total Annihilation. They got so much of it right, and some of the ideas are brilliant, but they've really turned me off with the whole streaming model.
Well to their defense they have been promising that in an update offline single player will be in there. So anyone wanting it can always hold off till that goes (if/when) in

also here is the devs post on that regard, they have it as a sticky in their forums:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/233250/discussions/0/616187204015500123/

Total annihilation is one of the best RTS ever created. I remember downloading new units for the game, I played it a lot. I hope they fix the game with offline playing, because I really want that game

Was The Crew or Evolve at the London gamescom and how did they play?  I played the betas for both and went from probable-buys to wait-for-$5-sale, both felt like they had significant flaws especially for games that were supposed to come out soon.  I guess Evolve got pushed back to feb at least.

hahah, wow at all those schmucks who kickstarted it or who bought in at the bloated early access price of like $70-100.
I know that Galactic Civilization III started at $100, are you confusing that with Planetary Annihilation? If both started at $100, that is crazy. Seems like a rip off.

Hey guys, have you ever had your mouse start doing double clicks when you single click it? My Logitech G500 just started doing this. It's pretty damn old.

Looked it up, January 2011 is when I bought it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back