Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
We can distinguish between reality and fantasy (well, people with normally-functioning brains can). I also doubt that anyone's going to play Hatred and then go shoot up a shopping mall or a school or a park or a restaurant. But it's still pretty f*cking terrible and I don't think anyone should pretend otherwise.
There are people that say it is otherwise and aren't pretending at all. Hate, incredibly visceral and truly felt hate, is rather on an upswing these days.

i-VjQDMdJ-1050x10000.jpg

But how do we burn digital copies of a game that hasn't even come out yet? 

You kids prolly don't remember but back in the day there was this movie called Strip tease... the entire purpose of it was to show Jessie from Saved by the Bell naked. That was it. NC-17 was slapped on there. At one point Lisa from Saved by the Bell got violated.
I'm pretty sure Lark Voorhies wasn't in Showgirls. Unless you meant those as two separate thoughts. "Tonight's top story, Jessie from Saved by the Bell is in a terrible stripper movie. In other news, Lark Voorhies has had sex..."

Also, Striptease was the one with Demi Moore.

I'm sorry, but I don't buy your argument: one platform or store refusing to sell a product is not censorship. A government banning distribution of a product is censorship.
Nope, sorry, that's not what it means. Censorship is " the suppression of speech, public communication or other information which may be considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, politically incorrect or inconvenient as determined by governments, media outlets, authorities or other groups or institutions." Maybe you should look up definitions of big words you don't understanding instead of twisting them to fit your purely emotional argument.

I'm pretty sure Lark Voorhies wasn't in Showgirls. Unless you meant those as two separate thoughts. "Tonight's top story, Jessie from Saved by the Bell is in a terrible stripper movie. In other news, Lark Voorhies has had sex..."

I remember both of those.

Was there a film which had Kelly from Saved By The Bell in the buff too?

You kids prolly don't remember but back in the day there was this movie called Strip tease... the entire purpose of it was to show Jessie from Saved by the Bell naked. That was it. NC-17 was slapped on there. At one point Lisa from Saved by the Bell got violated.

Back then, a bunch of theaters in the area chose not to show said movie. They didn't want to deal with the fall out from the movie itself nor deal with possible consequences if some kid "snuck" into the movie theater to see it.

That's not censorship. For the same reason, Steam choosing not to carry it. That being said, there's a bunch of games of questionable taste that I've never bothered to argue about. I don't expect the lines I draw to be the same that others would draw.

Steam just needs to make sure that if they carry the game, they're willing to accept the eventual public outcry. You know that some group out there is going to call out Steam as a bunch of baby-killers because they're helping to get this game made. GabeN thinks he's willing to make it... good for him. I personally won't buy it either way.

(now that I have read up, I find that I don't particularly care one way or the other as I won't buy the game..... but you guys wanted my opinion... nay.. needed my opinion on the subject) :p
You stop talking smack on Striptease RIGHT NOW!!!! That movie was awesome!!!
Strip Tease was Demi Moore. Showgirls is the movie you are thinking about.

I really don't care whether Hated is on Steam or not. 

That being said, if Steam decides not to sell a game, a private company is allowed to pick and choose what they want and don't want to sell for any reason they want. Also, for people arguing if this wasn't on Steam it'd be a death knell for the game, I highly disagree. The game has gotten so much coverage for its subject matter, and with this "controversy" regarding it potentially getting pulled I have a feeling it'd sell just fine.

I also don't understand why people are getting so upset about a game which is probably bundle fodder.

Yea... thanks everyone.  That's the senility kicking in.  Showgirls, not Striptease.  And it was Gina Ravera not Lark Voorhes.  I editted the original to reflect that.  Point still remains.  It's essentially the same debate... 20? years later.

Also Tiffani Thiessen wasn't really nude in any show/movie.  There were some lesbian kisses and there was some "blocked" off nudity where you didn't see anything.

I also don't understand why people are getting so upset about a game which is probably bundle fodder.
Because ohmagerd, they're taking away a +1 from me. My human rights have been violated!

Also they're bored because the sale will likely suck for them due to already owning 99% of what's on sale.

Aye mates, your friend Koala Foxy Panda Roo here.  Offering you the best MSRP deals you can stuff in your pouch!  Today's special:

Bad Rats - $4.99 or 5 TF2 Keys and a fostas!

Aye mates, your friend Koala Foxy Panda Roo here. Offering you the best MSRP deals you can stuff in your pouch! Today's special:

Bad Rats - $4.99 or 5 TF2 Keys and a fostas!
They should remove Bad Rats from Steam due to it being violent against cats and all that. Then people will want it and scream about it and start a picket line in Bellevue.

words1.jpg

I believe the phrase you're looking for is "for all intents and purposes".

Sorry, the grammar nazi comes out in me sometimes.
76f1455c50.jpg

Nope, sorry, that's not what it means. Censorship is " the suppression of speech, public communication or other information which may be considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, politically incorrect or inconvenient as determined by governments, media outlets, authorities or other groups or institutions." Maybe you should look up definitions of big words you don't understanding instead of twisting them to fit your purely emotional argument.
Not being on Steam is censorship about as effectively as "Mom says I can't buy it".

I remember both of those.

Was there a film which had Kelly from Saved By The Bell in the buff too?
No, but her transparent swimsuit photos are seared into the brains of many.

Here's some crap I don't where to dump.

ShinyLoot
4X9U5-WVYEC-OW3YZ-6OEN9
4SENV-3I8EL-T8X3R-1YTB5
4VEM4-E4WGM-SCEGJ-ACIHO
56AKI-56IZS-EMI8F-XS3RG
55TVE-6JCVN-U1JZY-YG68N
4JNJG-G4CNI-JRLPM-EWB73
531O6-L78NP-J5LUN-UPR79
4BGQM-VXCOM-PEUPN-IVFC2
Thanks for Island: Castaway. Also got Soulbringer which I already own; thought it would have a Steam key so I could redrop it but :(((((.

Those were Shinyloot keys by the way; that's why it seemed like they were all lurked so quickly (those two were the only ones left 3 hours later though).

Man, if Lisa was in Showgirls my turtle would still be out of the shell!

LT104-turtle-head-poppin-out-shirt.jpg

The Steam Deals Thread takes a tremendous amount of work. I applaud Mr. Squirrel in his dedication to recording every bit of information that he did and I'm not sure there are many people that would be up for the task. 

I'd suggest that any future thread OP be much lower maintenance so that we avoid burning out the person doing the work. For example, don't worry about individually linking each and every game.

The Steam Deals Thread takes a tremendous amount of work. I applaud Mr. Squirrel in his dedication to recording every bit of information that he did and I'm not sure there are many people that would be up for the task.

I'd suggest that any future thread OP be much lower maintenance so that we avoid burning out the person doing the work. For example, don't worry about individually linking each and every game.
MNS kept that one guy happy that would come here and bitch about the OP not being updated.

I can't wait till he comes back

I'm taking about the other guy not MNS

In the future thread, I say there should be no OP.. because what's an OP?
And I wouldn't at all be opposed to such a thing as I think most regulars ignore it and move right to the unread posts.

Keep in mind though, that the OP is more for the less hardcore and I get why Cheapy wants them. I can only imagine clicking on one of the many console thread links on CAG and being forced to wade through hundreds of pages to find the deal.

Since we're all out of auction talk, gem prices have "done a rouble" today and have now fallen by around 20% from their peak. Interestingly, auction prices have increased accordingly so the amount you're "paying" for your bid is still the same as it was this time yesterday.

Still a handful of bargains out there, I'm looking at Devil's Dare (2900 gems, 89% discount at present) but I think I'm one bid away from an intervention.

intervention-group.jpg

And I wouldn't at all be opposed to such a thing as I think most regulars ignore it and move right to the unread posts.
Let's be honest though, these threads and the service they provide are really intended for everyone except for the regular posters. Of the 321 followers, how many really keep up with the body of the thread and how many non-following people casually browse CAG topics for deals at a given time. CAG threads are like the gateway to more informed shopping habits.

Not that I condone non-regulars because fuck them.

Since we're all out of auction talk, gem prices have "done a rouble" today and have now fallen by around 20% from their peak. Interestingly, auction prices have increased accordingly so the amount you're "paying" for your bid is still the same as it was this time yesterday.

Still a handful of bargains out there, I'm looking at Devil's Dare (2900 gems, 89% discount at present) but I think I'm one bid away from an intervention.

intervention-group.jpg
Gem prices are falling and as a result, bids are going way up. Was trying to nab a couple last bargains, but now they may be too expensive.

This should just be a discussion thread, since as great as Squirrel's wall o' deals were, I never actually used his list over Steam's own store or SteamDB. I say the new thread just carry a direct link to steamDB's sales page and Steam's "all deals" page in the OP and call it a day.

I don't know how long it's been there but they added a "My Wishlist" tab to the auctions page, now it's quicker to figure out that you can't afford anything good.

wat about me? ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back