Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, Valve just locked my account for 5 days because I funded it with Paypal.

Should probably tell you this beforehand I'd just drive my ass to 7-11 and buy a prepaid card. Real douche move for the middle of a sale. (I've used this Paypal account before BTW, it's not a "new credit card")
That's what you get for not buying enough bundles to idle for cards to sell off for millions of dollars in steam credit like a real CAG.

I'm swimming in Steam wallet and can't get rid of it.

So my second account has never made a purchase. Can I buy a steam card and use that to make market purchases or are they restricted to the 30 day lockout too? (the 30 day lockout between buying an item and being able to use the market)

Everyone ready for the worst Steam sale ever? Without Russian pricing I have the feeling we'll be hitting a new low.
Honestly, yes, I do believe publishers are going to see a noticeable drop in revenue on Steam because of this whole mess.

All I was planning to get was a bunch of DLC I was missing, guess that's out of the question.

Honestly, yes, I do believe publishers are going to see a noticeable drop in revenue on Steam because of this whole mess.

All I was planning to get was a bunch of DLC I was missing, guess that's out of the question.
Ill still be buying a healthy amount of stuff at Murican prices. Russian trading was nice and all but dealing with communists strung out on Krokodil....no thanks

How were you guys able to get Russian pricing?  Is there a way without using VPN?  I've seen a number of games I'm interested in at Russian prices, but they're Russian keys so I can't activate them without VPN and I'm not risking my account over that.  

How were you guys able to get Russian pricing? Is there a way without using VPN? I've seen a number of games I'm interested in at Russian prices, but they're Russian keys so I can't activate them without VPN and I'm not risking my account over that.
Way back in the good old days, many traders offered ROW keys. But, that was forever ago.

How were you guys able to get Russian pricing? Is there a way without using VPN? I've seen a number of games I'm interested in at Russian prices, but they're Russian keys so I can't activate them without VPN and I'm not risking my account over that.
Shady traders in back alley bars.

Everyone ready for the worst Steam sale ever? Without Russian pricing I have the feeling we'll be hitting a new low.
I'm especially looking forward to you messaging me daily to remind me of just how shit the sale is.

Back onto more enjoyable topics, has anyone actually seen three levels on the Holiday badge?  I completed all three tasks, but the badge just says Auction Winner.  Just curious about something that has absolutely no value for my account.  

Kodex is currently stalking all CAGs that took any of Bruticis' scraps. Hope you used an alternate email address!
Every time I see it spelled that way all I can think of is Kotex.

Every sale is the worst because you always have more shit than you did in the last sale.

Back onto more enjoyable topics, has anyone actually seen three levels on the Holiday badge? I completed all three tasks, but the badge just says Auction Winner. Just curious about something that has absolutely no value for my account.
Yeah, it goes from Gem Maker (100 EXP) to Auction Participant (150 EXP) to Auction Winner (200 EXP). Apparently there's also a 5000 EXP badge for winning the holiday profile, which might explain part of the demand for that.

Has this whole Steam situation started to affect Nuuvem?.  I want to purchase Shadow Warrior as it's super cheap from them, but apparently there are region issues?  Is Shadow Warrior not a region free game?

Every time I see it spelled that way all I can think of is Kotex.

Every sale is the worst because you always have more shit than you did in the last sale.
Not me. I haven't made any significant purchases for a couple of years now. Sales too bad.

So apparently some games can only be purchased on Nuuvem using a Brazilian IP I guess.  For a game that's retailing for $40 on steam selling for $2.67 on Nuuvem, it's pretty crazy lol

Yeah, when I bought borderlands TPS, I think it required HOLA, to set the region to Brazil, but the key was ROW. I think that as long as there isn't a region-lock warning, you'll be fine.

Be careful, Nuuvem is usually pretty good with their listing. If they won't sell a game to your region, many times that means the keys are locked.
They put a region lock warning when they are though. Nuveem has several titles on sale that require VPN to add to your cart but the key it gives is completely region free.

Back onto more enjoyable topics, has anyone actually seen three levels on the Holiday badge? I completed all three tasks, but the badge just says Auction Winner. Just curious about something that has absolutely no value for my account.

Yeah, it goes from Gem Maker (100 EXP) to Auction Participant (150 EXP) to Auction Winner (200 EXP). Apparently there's also a 5000 EXP badge for winning the holiday profile, which might explain part of the demand for that.
http://www.steamcardexchange.net/index.php?gamepage-appid-753

63e58dbb7b.jpg

I guess that's a fairly ok deal. I just picked up Over 9000 Zombies for 1840 gems in the auction. It hasn't been that cheap on Steam ... yet.

Drops o'clock

Claustrophobia The Downward Struggle 6KDEY-TCFM0-7HAI7
Book of Unwritten Tales Digital Deluxe http://www.indiegala.com/game?game_id=8f059063713811e4bc098d0d14a2a271
Siege of Inaolia WAWGR-V2PFF-2Z6C2
Puzzle Kingdoms http://www.indiegala.com/game?game_id=97883a54779411e4a5ebb3c83ccb28fd
C-Rush 2KGVB-0XPB9-FIKGB

C-Rush BDZ4D-J2FGG-E6MJ0
Grimind IB357-RECQI-XNL2G
Ichi ZJCGD-DL5M6-LM5KH
Metal Planet LD03R-8EZ0Z-5ZR6A
Steel and Steam Ep. 1 G3PME-00BGZ-PVBAX

Steel and Steam Ep. 1 L6JB3-XJPZZ-LV0ED
Vanguard Princess M6K5Z-FRMGC-KMTKN

Vanguard Princess WGZRP-ABDPR-VBQQE
Rhythm Destruction EPVJH-AH5YD-QM4KE
Ballpoint Universe MVNR5-WY03T-R6LB9
Sinister City FNF8R-ILGCQ-YZKXY

Deus Ex: Invisible War https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=zhH5akmAeHCAbYeN

Samaritan Paradox Desura (used?) FF6R7-NMDFD-AG4KC

One Day for Ched Desura (used?) JOY1O-YLY6F-CSBX7-ST5X6-9BWDM

Home Sheep Home 2 Desura (used?) R7009-B66IR-SY9EF-BPYI8-I10TY

Master Reboot Desura (used?) NAW12-KT80B-UBAC3-NKJPW-FBMPE

Siege of Inaolia Desura 4NJHD-56B7I-0TE3V-GG45L-TFJ55

GabeN saw how many upvotes the thing got in half a day: #7 on Greenlight within a few hours. They get 30% or so of all those potential sales. The math isn't hard.
wait, what? Mr. Newell is a fuck ing billionaire, you think he or Valve cares about the cut they might get from that game? I'm guessing it's more of a PR move, which is far more valuable than any revenue share they will receive.

wait, what? Mr. Newell is a fuck ing billionaire, you think he or Valve cares about the cut they might get from that game? I'm guessing it's more of a PR move, which is far more valuable than any revenue share they will receive.
Yup, I absolutely do. How do you think he got to be where he is today? It's not just about one crappy game that he's agreed to put on Steam, it's about this one plus the zillions of others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back