Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

Good games Strell & Johnny!

Did any of you notice on the WarioWare stage what happened to me? It seems that all of my Pikmin got desynchronized or something and wouldn't let me use any smash or air attacks. :(

Also, any of the F-Zero stages is bad for Olimar. I'm surprised I was able to stay in the last match for as long as I did.

I was too busy KICKIN' DAT 'LIMAR ASS TO NOTICE.

*flex*

But no, I didn't. But I would like to see it. All I remember was thinking "Ok JFD is gone, and Olimar has one life left....SHIT HE'S GOT TWO LEFT AND O% AND I'M OVER 100."

Very good games, aye. Everybody be down with the Dubba DK.

[quote name='dallow']Yeah, you almost had me with one of my sucky characters JFD. :)

I can't join Stell because he won't add me. He's scurred.[/quote]
I swear, there's like a second lag when I play you. :bomb:
Maybe I should play you locally. :lol:

Great games Strell and Blue.
Sorry I had to go, I have school tomorrow morning.

I'm not too at my prime during the night, but we should play sometime tomorrow. Maybe at around 3? That's an invite for anyone.

Why is Dallow a bitch? Is it his scarf?

[quote name='Strell']I was too busy KICKIN' DAT 'LIMAR ASS TO NOTICE.

*flex*

But no, I didn't. But I would like to see it. All I remember was thinking "Ok JFD is gone, and Olimar has one life left....SHIT HE'S GOT TWO LEFT AND O% AND I'M OVER 100."

Very good games, aye. Everybody be down with the Dubba DK.[/QUOTE]

Either way, I was doomed to die. The inability to use Pikmin just made it happen a lot faster.

C'mon Stell, let me just beat you once.

Zitanx, your friend Janet is nice.
She? seems like a beginner but we had fun after you left.

[quote name='dallow']C'mon Stell, let me just beat you once.

Zitanx, your friend Janet is nice.
She? seems like a beginner but we had fun after you left.[/quote]
I'm not a beginner! I'm just not very good :lol:

So, apparently I'm late to the party. I came online only to find Mad D still on. And it appears he has no interest in Brawling at the moment. Hehe. Oh well, I'll try again tomorrow.

[quote name='Daisydog']I'm not a beginner! I'm just not very good :lol:[/quote]Hey, at least you left on a very high note!!

I jumped outta my chair when that happened. :)

I'll add you.

[quote name='JoeB1233']So, apparently I'm late to the party. I came online only to find Mad D still on. And it appears he has no interest in Brawling at the moment. Hehe. Oh well, I'll try again tomorrow.[/quote]
I was late too.

[quote name='dallow']Hey, at least you left on a very high note!!

I jumped outta my chair when that happened. :)

I'll add you.[/quote]
Well as you saw, I'm really only good with Link. But hopefully we can fight in some 3 and 4 player matches so you won't get bored.

[quote name='Daisydog']Well as you saw, I'm really only good with Link. But hopefully we can fight in some 3 and 4 player matches so you won't get bored.[/quote]
Don't worry, it's not boring.

[quote name='Mad D']I don't think I can take you straight one on one Joe. Princess Zelda got her revenge.[/quote]

And now, you will kindly respect her right to pick up attractive items on the weird DK stage (75M? Something like that...). :lol:

But seriously, the more I play you, the more I realize what good instincts you have. You challenged me with a wide variety of characters - I'm really only good with D3 and Zelda (and Marth, on good days).

In other news, you, me, and evergoo should make a mini-clan, just to exclude others and express our clique-y-ness. Plus, we could have a wicked banner. :drool: EDIT: I'm not sure why I thought of this.

[quote name='dyeknom']Hmmm... I get the feeling that Strell doesn't like Dallow.[/quote]
Dallow is just mad about how Strell is way more awesome than he can ever be.

[quote name='Doomed']Dallow is just mad about how Strell is way more awesome than he can ever be.[/quote]Yeah, that's why I want to add his friend code and challenge him. :roll:

[quote name='JoeB1233']
In other news, you, me, and evergoo should make a mini-clan, just to exclude others and express our clique-y-ness. Plus, we could have a wicked banner. :drool: EDIT: I'm not sure why I thought of this.[/QUOTE]

I'm up for this as long as I don't have to make the banner (no banner skillz). I can't think of any clan names atm. Any suggestions?

GGs again Suko, yeah I told myself to stop at 11 here lol.

EDIT: When I Wolf-flashed off the side off the stage in that one fight, I pictured your avatar, laughing at me.

[quote name='dmunkee']GGs again Suko, yeah I told myself to stop at 11 here lol.

EDIT: When I Wolf-flashed off the side off the stage in that one fight, I pictured your avatar, laughing at me.[/QUOTE]

Glad to see my avatar in people's head. MiNd GaMez :)

Yeah, I made some stupid moves myself. That wolf match was a close one.

[quote name='yukine']I always associate CAG's by their avatars as well.

If I found Strell not to look like a Hot Mario, I'd be heartbroken.[/QUOTE]

According to Strell's Mii, he resembles nothing like Hot Mario.

[quote name='2Fast']Is there any trick to getting Metal Gear Solid trophies? I can't seem to get any.[/quote]

I got a few off the coin launcher thats about the only place I've seen them myself.

[quote name='PhoenixT']I got a few off the coin launcher thats about the only place I've seen them myself.[/quote]

I've been doing the coin launcher forever and haven't seen a single one. Guess I'll just keep going then.

I'm spreading the word for NOA.
They posted this at GAF.

Hey there. This is Nate from the Treehouse at NOA. You may remember me from such classics as That One Demo In San Francisco and The Screenshot That Angered Smashboards.

Anyway, it’s general policy that we don’t post on message boards, but with the end drawing near for the Dojo, I got some special dispensation. I was going to post this several places, but since all roads lead to GAF anyway—and since this thread is of such legendary size—I decided this might as well be the only spot.

Anyway, as some of you know, we’ve been working on Brawl with Sakurai-san and his team for several years now, and the Dojo itself for almost a year. Needless to say it’s been a ton of work, though nothing compared to what Sora pulled off, obviously. That said, it’s been a labor of love, and its coming end seems sort of sad. I can’t tell you how many nights I stayed up until Japan Time, knowing what morsel of delectable information was about to be served up and relishing every bit of anticipation from you guys. It really made all the work worthwhile, and I wanted to thank you die-hards that have been around for it all.

I also figured this would be a good spot to ask a favor. Now, I don’t know how many of you guys download daily stages and snapshots from the Smash Service, but for those that do… Look, sorting through 10,000 submissions every week is fun and all, but it breaks my heart to have to ditch some amazing stage because it had an extra-raunchy title. There’s some incredible creativity on display that I’d love to share with the rest of the Smash community, but a little restraint in the naming conventions will go a long way. Yes, we all know it’s hilarious when Diddy Kong goes to town on somebody’s face—I feel that the snapshot medium is also ready for some fresh ideas. Spread the word if you can.

So… Yeah. Have fun with the last seven or so updates. And when the gray day of reckoning comes and Sporsk approaches, pillow in hand, to gently smother this thread at last, do not weep! Smile, because Smash endures, and it is good.

Thanks again, guys.

Yeah..... part of it.

It's nice that that a usually extremely hush hush company though has reached out to fans. Nintendo almost never allows this.
I bet he won't answer the Mother/Earthbound questions though.

[quote name='AmigoOne']So the point is to make pictures and stage names appropriate?[/QUOTE]

That, and probably to stop getting people to upload comedy gold such as this:

1206833801294.jpg

Yey! My credit rating must be good enough, I've been Strell approved.

Nice Kirby/Peach mirror matches we had going there, Strell.

[quote name='Arikado']That, and probably to stop getting people to upload comedy gold such as this:

1206833801294.jpg
[/quote]

lol! The only pictures i've submitted was a picture of squirtle being chased by marth with a golden hammer and Charizard biting Mr.Resetti as he screams "GARAAAAAR!"

I found out why my WiFi usb thing kept kicking off my Wii. For some reason, if I connect my DS to it, the connector rejects the Wii and allows the DS. For me to fix it, I have to reinstall the connector and not connect my DS. I could update the drivers, but when i tried to download it, it would stop every 10 seconds:roll:

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']good matches earlier Marc. You have really good timing with those grenades.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. As Snake, I can do fairly well in FFA but I suck at 1-on-1.

And dyeknom (or dmunkee, but I think not): you's a hater! fuck your Bowser-ciding pancake!

[quote name='JoeB1233']
In other news, you, me, and evergoo should make a mini-clan, just to exclude others and express our clique-y-ness. Plus, we could have a wicked banner. :drool: EDIT: I'm not sure why I thought of this.[/QUOTE]

I'm up for this as long as I don't have to make the banner (no banner skillz). I can't think of any clan names atm. Any suggestions?

bread's done
Back