Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

That's too late, he's offline. I can't seem to get excited about playing online, I'd miss not talking trash.

This being the 1st Smash Bros game I've ever played, I finally see what the commotion was all about. I played this game for about 8 hours straight last Saturday, that's fucking ridiculous! Can't say I have a primary yet, but I do have ones I avoid, and I still need to unlock about 4 characters (including Sonic).

GGs to evergoo, dyeknom, and ... Shoot, man, I always forget one. Blue! There we go!

Sorry for the sudden disconnect. I started smashing at about 6PM, thinking I had plenty of time before my 7PM class. So, after a few games I look over at the clock, and it reads "6:55."

...Time flies when you're having fun. :(

EDIT: Holy cow, there are a lot of people online right now!

[quote name='dyeknom']I dunno who Myst is.[/quote]

i think we were battling until we got cut off.

now i dont even remember

[quote name='JoeB1233']Geez, I'm against blue, Arikado, and evergoo. And I am being outclassed.

*shakes fist at FFA* Why don't I comprehend you?[/QUOTE]

And apparently everyone but me is picking Final Destination every time. :(

Some intense games however. It got really bad when you and evergoo were both Dedede, waddle dees were everywhere. It was hard to tell what was going on.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']And apparently everyone but me is picking Final Destination every time. :(

Some intense games however. It got really bad when you and evergoo were both Dedede, waddle dees were everywhere. It was hard to tell what was going on.[/quote]

Yeah, that's why I switched to Zelda. Who, despite being my secondary, did a lot better at crowd control.

Sorry about the FD excessiveness. Hehe. :)

EDIT: lol! I am so sick of FD! I died on that nook about three times now!

[quote name='JoeB1233']Yeah, that's why I switched to Zelda. Who, despite being my secondary, did a lot better at crowd control.

Sorry about the FD excessiveness. Hehe. :)[/QUOTE]

Good job on that last match, it was a tough battle to the end. I was having issues getting close enough to you to try and pull off a decent smash attack, but Zelda's side-b was just too much for my Olimar and you eventually pulled it off. My reaction time is getting a little better, but I still have a little trouble with a few characters.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Good job on that last match, it was a tough battle to the end. I was having issues getting close enough to you to try and pull off a decent smash attack, but Zelda's side-b was just too much for my Olimar and you eventually pulled it off. My reaction time is getting a little better, but I still have a little trouble with a few characters.[/quote]

Thanks! Haha, when I was D3, you were all over me. D3 really doesn't have the tools to take on those smaller, speedier characters. Olimar is just someone I'll have to get used to struggling against.

[quote name='hero101']Really good games with Strell, David and that Z guy (dunno he full name).[/quote]

That's me! Yeah, definitely good games all around. Hero, I tried requesting your friend code on the character select screen, but I'm not sure if it went through.

Nice playing with all of you.

Sorry I left you all by yourself MnkyD, had to go

Decrot add me, you've already been added to my list.

I'm going to check if I added you...Tommorow...I better not be playing in weird hours like when Dallow is online playing brawl...
[quote name='zitanix']That's me! Yeah, definitely good games all around. Hero, I tried requesting your friend code on the character select screen, but I'm not sure if it went through.[/quote]

Good games to Joe, evergoo, and blue. You have no idea how frustrating it was to get stuck in between you two while you were throwing fuckloads of projectiles.

Gonna play a few matches with a friend of mine before I go to bed, so don't think I ditched you or anything. :lol:

[quote name='hero101']I'm going to check if I added you...Tommorow...I better not be playing in weird hours like when Dallow is online playing brawl...[/quote]
Hey Hero, want to play at 3am? :)

[quote name='Mad D']Nice playing with all of you.

Sorry I left you all by yourself MnkyD, had to go

Decrot add me, you've already been added to my list.[/quote]

youve been added.

I want to play some games tonight (I have been busy the last few nights).

Anybody gonna be on around 1:30 CST?

Okay, evergoo, these matches are too intense. You've upped your Ike game so much it's ridiculous. I don't know how much longer I can last.

EDIT: Except that last one where you killed yourself twice because I'm an idiot. That was just funny.

EDIT2: I liked that role-reversal game. Hilarious stuff!

[quote name='Rig']I want to play some games tonight (I have been busy the last few nights).

Anybody gonna be on around 1:30 CST?[/quote]I might be, 12:30 west coast time right? Add me Rig, same thing with you Crystalklear, you two have been added already to my list. Hopefully I can finish what I'm working on by then.

david/Mad D

5370 0158 3393

[quote name='Rig']It's actually 11:30 for you west coasters.

I'm getting online right now.

Adding you, D.[/quote]
Do you want to play Rig? I'm online right now.

Uhg... I just played my first few online matches... so laggy. It didn't seem like network lag -- not a delay between pressing a button and character action, but rather the framerate dipped really low quite often, on a variety of maps with a variety of characters. The only area with a solid framerate was the practice area.

Sorry I had to bail on you guys. It's getting late and stuff.

Rig, I don't always play that badly. Some of the lag messed up my blocking (I wasn't intentionally landing on you without pressing a button.) I will play better next time :lol:

[quote name='Daisydog']Sorry I had to bail on you guys. It's getting late and stuff.

Rig, I don't always play that badly. Some of the lag messed up my blocking (I wasn't intentionally landing on you without pressing a button.) I will play better next time :lol:[/quote]

GG's to you, and everyone that I played.

My G&W must be the worst in the history of anyone that has used G&W.

Nice playing with you two. I thought my connection was going to get dropped a few times with those lag spikes.

[quote name='Koggit']Uhg... I just played my first few online matches... so laggy. It didn't seem like network lag -- not a delay between pressing a button and character action, but rather the framerate dipped really low quite often, on a variety of maps with a variety of characters. The only area with a solid framerate was the practice area.[/quote] It's not always that bad (rarely, for me at least, like in the game above). The matches I played earlier this evening were about as good as being in the same room with someone.

edit: The lag was probably my fault Janet, my connection was dropped 3 times before I finally joined your game.

Anyone on typically REALLY late at night? Sometimes after my night shifts I fire up Brawl around 12:00am to 3:00am PST when there's not even a Random battle to be found.

That's too late, he's offline. I can't seem to get excited about playing online, I'd miss not talking trash.

This being the 1st Smash Bros game I've ever played, I finally see what the commotion was all about. I played this game for about 8 hours straight last Saturday, that's fucking ridiculous! Can't say I have a primary yet, but I do have ones I avoid, and I still need to unlock about 4 characters (including Sonic).

[quote name='Rig']GG's to you, and everyone that I played.

My G&W must be the worst in the history of anyone that has used G&W.
[/quote]

I think my G&W might give you a run for your money at being pretty bad. We'll have to battle sometime.

[quote name='JoeB1233']Okay, evergoo, these matches are too intense. You've upped your Ike game so much it's ridiculous. I don't know how much longer I can last.

EDIT: Except that last one where you killed yourself twice because I'm an idiot. That was just funny.

EDIT2: I liked that role-reversal game. Hilarious stuff![/QUOTE]

Hehe. Sorry for the late post. My stupid computer is locking up and I'm in safe mode right now.

Anyways, those were some really funny matches. The role-reversal made me want to show you how annoying chain grabs and waddle dees/doos were. And when I was D3, I suicided myself (making sure to playboy pose first) b/c I had no chance against Zelda. No chance in hell.

[quote name='evergoo']Hehe. Sorry for the late post. My stupid computer is locking up and I'm in safe mode right now.

Anyways, those were some really funny matches. The role-reversal made me want to show you how annoying chain grabs and waddle dees/doos were. And when I was D3, I suicided myself (making sure to playboy pose first) b/c I had no chance against Zelda. No chance in hell.[/quote]

Yeah, I understand that Dedede can be an annoying character. I don't intend to annoy others, but it's just that against both Snake and Ike (especially), the Dees are of great use. Against the smaller characters, I really don't use them much, because nine times out of ten, it'll fly right over their heads.

I guess the only thing that annoys me about Ike is his basic A combo (especially the knockback and priority). And Snake is just an explosion king. You play them both so well. :applause:

OK so I'm trying to beat Classic mode with everyone to get all the trophies and what not. I just beat it with Pokemon trainer and when I look at my trophies Trainer was new and Squirtle was new (I beat the Hand with him last). But they didn't show me getting the Squritle trophy - only the trainer.

So do I need to go back and beat it with the other 2 Pokemon to get their trophies? (I already have Bulbazar from the shooting game)

[quote name='CombatCraig']So do I need to go back and beat it with the other 2 Pokemon to get their trophies? (I already have Bulbazar from the shooting game)[/quote]

Yes, you do. And the Pokemon Trainer doesn't use Bulbosaur, he has Ivysaur, Bulbosaur's evolved form, so you'll get a different trophy than the Bulbosaur you got from the coin launcher.

[quote name='mikej012']Yes, you do. And the Pokemon Trainer doesn't use Bulbosaur, he has Ivysaur, Bulbosaur's evolved form, so you'll get a different trophy than the Bulbosaur you got from the coin launcher.[/quote]

I'm going to strart plowing through Classic mode with all the characters as well. Does that mean you just need to defeat Master Hand with the pokemon that you want the trophy for, or can you not switch pokemon at all?

[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']I'm going to strart plowing through Classic mode with all the characters as well. Does that mean you just need to defeat Master Hand with the pokemon that you want the trophy for, or can you not switch pokemon at all?[/QUOTE]

Bulbasaur Ivysaur I was never a Pokemon master

Yeah it seems you'll have to beat MH 3 times each with a different Pokemon. Whichever pokemon you finish with is the trophy you'll get

I am maigo, my only friend online... just logged off

EDIT: Sorry man, im gonna go back to FFA. Not really in the mood to play Smash Brothers: ChaseAroundFinalDestination right now. Maybe a little later.

bread's done
Back