Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

GGs again Suko, yeah I told myself to stop at 11 here lol.

EDIT: When I Wolf-flashed off the side off the stage in that one fight, I pictured your avatar, laughing at me.

[quote name='dmunkee']GGs again Suko, yeah I told myself to stop at 11 here lol.

EDIT: When I Wolf-flashed off the side off the stage in that one fight, I pictured your avatar, laughing at me.[/QUOTE]

Glad to see my avatar in people's head. MiNd GaMez :)

Yeah, I made some stupid moves myself. That wolf match was a close one.

[quote name='yukine']I always associate CAG's by their avatars as well.

If I found Strell not to look like a Hot Mario, I'd be heartbroken.[/QUOTE]

According to Strell's Mii, he resembles nothing like Hot Mario.

[quote name='2Fast']Is there any trick to getting Metal Gear Solid trophies? I can't seem to get any.[/quote]

I got a few off the coin launcher thats about the only place I've seen them myself.

[quote name='PhoenixT']I got a few off the coin launcher thats about the only place I've seen them myself.[/quote]

I've been doing the coin launcher forever and haven't seen a single one. Guess I'll just keep going then.

I'm spreading the word for NOA.
They posted this at GAF.

Hey there. This is Nate from the Treehouse at NOA. You may remember me from such classics as That One Demo In San Francisco and The Screenshot That Angered Smashboards.

Anyway, it’s general policy that we don’t post on message boards, but with the end drawing near for the Dojo, I got some special dispensation. I was going to post this several places, but since all roads lead to GAF anyway—and since this thread is of such legendary size—I decided this might as well be the only spot.

Anyway, as some of you know, we’ve been working on Brawl with Sakurai-san and his team for several years now, and the Dojo itself for almost a year. Needless to say it’s been a ton of work, though nothing compared to what Sora pulled off, obviously. That said, it’s been a labor of love, and its coming end seems sort of sad. I can’t tell you how many nights I stayed up until Japan Time, knowing what morsel of delectable information was about to be served up and relishing every bit of anticipation from you guys. It really made all the work worthwhile, and I wanted to thank you die-hards that have been around for it all.

I also figured this would be a good spot to ask a favor. Now, I don’t know how many of you guys download daily stages and snapshots from the Smash Service, but for those that do… Look, sorting through 10,000 submissions every week is fun and all, but it breaks my heart to have to ditch some amazing stage because it had an extra-raunchy title. There’s some incredible creativity on display that I’d love to share with the rest of the Smash community, but a little restraint in the naming conventions will go a long way. Yes, we all know it’s hilarious when Diddy Kong goes to town on somebody’s face—I feel that the snapshot medium is also ready for some fresh ideas. Spread the word if you can.

So… Yeah. Have fun with the last seven or so updates. And when the gray day of reckoning comes and Sporsk approaches, pillow in hand, to gently smother this thread at last, do not weep! Smile, because Smash endures, and it is good.

Thanks again, guys.

Yeah..... part of it.

It's nice that that a usually extremely hush hush company though has reached out to fans. Nintendo almost never allows this.
I bet he won't answer the Mother/Earthbound questions though.

[quote name='AmigoOne']So the point is to make pictures and stage names appropriate?[/QUOTE]

That, and probably to stop getting people to upload comedy gold such as this:

1206833801294.jpg

Yey! My credit rating must be good enough, I've been Strell approved.

Nice Kirby/Peach mirror matches we had going there, Strell.

[quote name='Arikado']That, and probably to stop getting people to upload comedy gold such as this:

1206833801294.jpg
[/quote]

lol! The only pictures i've submitted was a picture of squirtle being chased by marth with a golden hammer and Charizard biting Mr.Resetti as he screams "GARAAAAAR!"

I found out why my WiFi usb thing kept kicking off my Wii. For some reason, if I connect my DS to it, the connector rejects the Wii and allows the DS. For me to fix it, I have to reinstall the connector and not connect my DS. I could update the drivers, but when i tried to download it, it would stop every 10 seconds:roll:

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']good matches earlier Marc. You have really good timing with those grenades.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. As Snake, I can do fairly well in FFA but I suck at 1-on-1.

And dyeknom (or dmunkee, but I think not): you's a hater! fuck your Bowser-ciding pancake!

GGs to evergoo, dyeknom, and ... Shoot, man, I always forget one. Blue! There we go!

Sorry for the sudden disconnect. I started smashing at about 6PM, thinking I had plenty of time before my 7PM class. So, after a few games I look over at the clock, and it reads "6:55."

...Time flies when you're having fun. :(

EDIT: Holy cow, there are a lot of people online right now!

[quote name='dyeknom']I dunno who Myst is.[/quote]

i think we were battling until we got cut off.

now i dont even remember

[quote name='JoeB1233']Geez, I'm against blue, Arikado, and evergoo. And I am being outclassed.

*shakes fist at FFA* Why don't I comprehend you?[/QUOTE]

And apparently everyone but me is picking Final Destination every time. :(

Some intense games however. It got really bad when you and evergoo were both Dedede, waddle dees were everywhere. It was hard to tell what was going on.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']And apparently everyone but me is picking Final Destination every time. :(

Some intense games however. It got really bad when you and evergoo were both Dedede, waddle dees were everywhere. It was hard to tell what was going on.[/quote]

Yeah, that's why I switched to Zelda. Who, despite being my secondary, did a lot better at crowd control.

Sorry about the FD excessiveness. Hehe. :)

EDIT: lol! I am so sick of FD! I died on that nook about three times now!

[quote name='JoeB1233']Yeah, that's why I switched to Zelda. Who, despite being my secondary, did a lot better at crowd control.

Sorry about the FD excessiveness. Hehe. :)[/QUOTE]

Good job on that last match, it was a tough battle to the end. I was having issues getting close enough to you to try and pull off a decent smash attack, but Zelda's side-b was just too much for my Olimar and you eventually pulled it off. My reaction time is getting a little better, but I still have a little trouble with a few characters.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Good job on that last match, it was a tough battle to the end. I was having issues getting close enough to you to try and pull off a decent smash attack, but Zelda's side-b was just too much for my Olimar and you eventually pulled it off. My reaction time is getting a little better, but I still have a little trouble with a few characters.[/quote]

Thanks! Haha, when I was D3, you were all over me. D3 really doesn't have the tools to take on those smaller, speedier characters. Olimar is just someone I'll have to get used to struggling against.

[quote name='hero101']Really good games with Strell, David and that Z guy (dunno he full name).[/quote]

That's me! Yeah, definitely good games all around. Hero, I tried requesting your friend code on the character select screen, but I'm not sure if it went through.

Nice playing with all of you.

Sorry I left you all by yourself MnkyD, had to go

Decrot add me, you've already been added to my list.

I'm going to check if I added you...Tommorow...I better not be playing in weird hours like when Dallow is online playing brawl...
[quote name='zitanix']That's me! Yeah, definitely good games all around. Hero, I tried requesting your friend code on the character select screen, but I'm not sure if it went through.[/quote]

Good games to Joe, evergoo, and blue. You have no idea how frustrating it was to get stuck in between you two while you were throwing fuckloads of projectiles.

Gonna play a few matches with a friend of mine before I go to bed, so don't think I ditched you or anything. :lol:

[quote name='hero101']I'm going to check if I added you...Tommorow...I better not be playing in weird hours like when Dallow is online playing brawl...[/quote]
Hey Hero, want to play at 3am? :)

[quote name='Mad D']Nice playing with all of you.

Sorry I left you all by yourself MnkyD, had to go

Decrot add me, you've already been added to my list.[/quote]

youve been added.

I want to play some games tonight (I have been busy the last few nights).

Anybody gonna be on around 1:30 CST?

Okay, evergoo, these matches are too intense. You've upped your Ike game so much it's ridiculous. I don't know how much longer I can last.

EDIT: Except that last one where you killed yourself twice because I'm an idiot. That was just funny.

EDIT2: I liked that role-reversal game. Hilarious stuff!

[quote name='Rig']I want to play some games tonight (I have been busy the last few nights).

Anybody gonna be on around 1:30 CST?[/quote]I might be, 12:30 west coast time right? Add me Rig, same thing with you Crystalklear, you two have been added already to my list. Hopefully I can finish what I'm working on by then.

david/Mad D

5370 0158 3393

[quote name='Rig']It's actually 11:30 for you west coasters.

I'm getting online right now.

Adding you, D.[/quote]
Do you want to play Rig? I'm online right now.

Uhg... I just played my first few online matches... so laggy. It didn't seem like network lag -- not a delay between pressing a button and character action, but rather the framerate dipped really low quite often, on a variety of maps with a variety of characters. The only area with a solid framerate was the practice area.

Sorry I had to bail on you guys. It's getting late and stuff.

Rig, I don't always play that badly. Some of the lag messed up my blocking (I wasn't intentionally landing on you without pressing a button.) I will play better next time :lol:

[quote name='Daisydog']Sorry I had to bail on you guys. It's getting late and stuff.

Rig, I don't always play that badly. Some of the lag messed up my blocking (I wasn't intentionally landing on you without pressing a button.) I will play better next time :lol:[/quote]

GG's to you, and everyone that I played.

My G&W must be the worst in the history of anyone that has used G&W.

Nice playing with you two. I thought my connection was going to get dropped a few times with those lag spikes.

[quote name='Koggit']Uhg... I just played my first few online matches... so laggy. It didn't seem like network lag -- not a delay between pressing a button and character action, but rather the framerate dipped really low quite often, on a variety of maps with a variety of characters. The only area with a solid framerate was the practice area.[/quote] It's not always that bad (rarely, for me at least, like in the game above). The matches I played earlier this evening were about as good as being in the same room with someone.

edit: The lag was probably my fault Janet, my connection was dropped 3 times before I finally joined your game.

Anyone on typically REALLY late at night? Sometimes after my night shifts I fire up Brawl around 12:00am to 3:00am PST when there's not even a Random battle to be found.

bread's done
Back