Superbowl XLI Thread

[quote name='David85']When will the day come when it doesn't fucking matter if people are black! My god, MA elected the second black governor, Adama is the first black to run for president... yadda yadda... it doesn't fucking matter![/quote]

Adama? Yeah we got a winner right here kids.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Adama? Yeah we got a winner right here kids.[/QUOTE]

Well he's done a good enough job keeping the Battlestar Galactica together, why can't he be our next president?!?!

[quote name='H-Town Info']i'm glad also for the 2 first Black Head Coaches to make it to the super bowl are going to be Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith. Those 2 are first-class coaches and people in the interviews i heard on Sirius.[/quote]

Seconded on those sentiments, couldn't happen to more classy guys. Great to see how many of those coaches from the Dungy era in Tampa have gone on to become head coaches and successful at that. Hopefully Mike Tomlin gets that Steelers job and it's only a matter of time before Joe Barry gets a head coaching nod somewhere.

I don't really like Dungy as a coach. He's a great guy don't get me wrong, but there are just aspects of his coaching tactics and so forth that bother me.

[quote name='David85']Adama is the first black to run for president... yadda yadda... it doesn't fucking matter![/quote]

He's not the first black person to run for president, he's not "black," and he hasn't said that he's running...yet. And he's also not the main character on Battlestar Galactica.

Bears all the way baby! The Cardinals win the World Series and could the Bears win the Superbowl in the same season for my two favorite teams winning it all in the same season!!!!

Was it Young's first Super Bowl that he threw for something like 4 TDs and won the SB MVP after trying so many times to make it there himself?

steve young? No. But in his second super bowl, this time as a starter, he tore up the chargers with 6 touchdown passes and was the MVP.

[quote name='lordwow']Can we get a consolation game between NO and NE? That's the game I wanted to see anyway.[/quote]
Same here.

[quote name='lordwow']Can we get a consolation game between NO and NE?[/QUOTE]

No. We're all tired of the Patriots. Just like the Yankees.

[quote name='2Fast']He's not the first black person to run for president, he's not "black," and he hasn't said that he's running...yet. And he's also not the main character on Battlestar Galactica.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

That's what happens when I'm watchign BSG.

And he is running, no one makes thesse damn commity things unless they are running. It's a sham so you can say you are running twice and get the buzz twice. And he's half black but all the damn news stories are "A Black vs a Woman". I see it as a child vs a bitch.

And I hope the Bears win because I want to see the riots.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Jim Mora should have waited a few days, I think he would have made a great coach for the Boys.[/quote]Who's to say he doesn't opt out of the contract like every other coach does these days (college side anyway)? And how long is ESPN going to cover this Bill Parcells retirement? And taking up ESPN and ESPN2 to do it with the exact same programming? WTF?!?

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Jim Mora should have waited a few days, I think he would have made a great coach for the Boys.[/quote]

Well, he wanted to go back to Washington pretty bad. :D

I wonder how Mora's contract is structured, but he's probably able to interview for a head coaching position. I doubt the Cowboys want him, especially after the flameouts in Atlanta the last few seasons. I think it's good for Mora to take a backseat for a year and let people forget about the problems in Atlanta when he goes for a head coaching position next year.

As for the Cowboys, the Tuna left them in a tough spot with many of the top coaching candidates signed. I don't think it will be hard for Dallas to get people interested in "America's Team" with all of the money (and ego) Jerry Jones has. I hate that this is going to dominate the media all the way up until either Dallas gets a coach or the Super Bowl festivities begin.

[quote name='Tyga24']Well, he wanted to go back to Washington pretty bad. :D

I wonder how Mora's contract is structured, but he's probably able to interview for a head coaching position. I doubt the Cowboys want him, especially after the flameouts in Atlanta the last few seasons. I think it's good for Mora to take a backseat for a year and let people forget about the problems in Atlanta when he goes for a head coaching position next year.

As for the Cowboys, the Tuna left them in a tough spot with many of the top coaching candidates signed. I don't think it will be hard for Dallas to get people interested in "America's Team" with all of the money (and ego) Jerry Jones has. I hate that this is going to dominate the media all the way up until either Dallas gets a coach or the Super Bowl festivities begin.[/QUOTE]

The problem in Atlanta is Mike Vick and crew. Mora was a pretty good coach, and Greg Knapp is an outstanding OC. The problem is, getting someone with a negative IQ to learn the system and to not run backwards when people are chasing him. We have Schaub as QB, we don't do any worse. Maybe even better.

BTW, this isn't a jab at anyone here, but the Dallas Cowboys aren't fucking America's Team. Pieces of shit couldn't even come up with that idea on their own, Bob Ryan stole it from Ted Turner

[quote name='2Fast']Bob Stoops as the Cowboys' new coach? Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

it'll be harder for the cowboys to pull another Barry Switzer out of their ass. Stoops will be a lot harder to sway away from OU

All the guys on ESPN are saying Norv Turner is at the top of the Cowboys' list. Now what has this guy ever done as a head coach? Nothing.

Oh, and I would KILL to see Ditka + T.O.

[quote name='2Fast']All the guys on ESPN are saying Norv Turner is at the top of the Cowboys' list. Now what has this guy ever done as a head coach? Nothing.

Oh, and I would KILL to see Ditka + T.O.[/quote]

I can't see Turner leaving SF, in the Chronicle they talk about how during the season him and Alex went out every weekend and talked on how to improve his skills, i'd hate Turner to leave, great offensive mind.

[quote name='jlarlee']I'd put the spread at colts -7 right now. The pats manhandled the Bears earlier this year and the AFC has been far surperior to the NFC this year.[/quote]
The Patriots manhandled the Bears? So winning by 4 = Domination? That is a complete joke. However, I do think it will be really tough for my Bears to win the Super Bowl. Right now I have a feeling the Colts will win but I know as a lifelong Bears fan and as someone who has watched every snap of every game this year that if the Bears play a good clean game they can beat the Colts.

[quote name='H-Town Info']it won't be Bill Cowher until 2008[/QUOTE]

A draft pick will change that real quick. I'd bet on Wade Phillips.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']A draft pick will change that real quick. I'd bet on Wade Phillips.[/quote]

Phillips is probably the ideal choice, but I wonder if he's waiting to succeed Marty after next season. I would think the Steelers would take a draft pick this season, then get nothing next year when teams go after Cowher. He's probably better off waiting for next season as there could be openings with the Chargers, Giants, Bucs, Redskins, etc. if the team/coaches don't fare well.

John Clayton on ESPN.com has a nice breakdown of possible candidates and what it would take for them to be the next Cowboys coach.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2739210

So Oakland does it again. They fucked their franchise up s'more. Nothing says we arent dedicated like a 31 year old head coach. Talk about attracting big names...
Monte Kiffin's son, Lane, from USC.

[quote name='jPoD']So Oakland does it again. They fucked their franchise up s'more. Nothing says we arent dedicated like a 31 year old head coach. Talk about attracting big names...
Monte Kiffin's son, Lane, from USC.[/quote]

I'm sure people said almost the same thing about Jon Gruden...

I hope Dallas ends up with Bob Stoops since he's such an ass. He learned everything he knows from Bill Snyder (Kansas State's saviour). Stoops has been a prick ever since he left K-State to take the OU job and screwed Bill over by stealing all of his assistants (Brent Venables, "Mancow" Mark Mangino....). That and I've NEVER seen a college head coach cry about calls than him. It's like he's saying "this is OU how dare you call a penalty on us!"

I don't see how the Colts should be such a huge favorite in the Superbowl. Granted I know Da Bears will need to play a great game to win but both teams had similar seasons. In fact the Colts barely won several games and lost to teams like Houston and Tennessee. If anything it should be pretty even since the Bears started out dominating on defense then struggled down the stretch after losing Mike Brown, Tommie Harris, and somewhat Tank Johnson.

Even in the playoffs both teams struggled in the early rounds. Manning played like ass against the Chiefs and the Ravens but his "D" picked him up. Against the Patriots the Colts "D" played like crap but Manning finally managed to sack up a little bit and win.

[quote name='Chitown021']I don't see how the Colts should be such a huge favorite in the Superbowl. [/QUOTE]

Grossman. I guarantee you that's what Vegas is looking at.

[quote name='2Fast']I love the Miller Lite commercial with him in it and all the other Miller Lite commercials with the press conferences.[/QUOTE]

Coors would be disappointed to hear that. :)

bread's done
Back