Terminator: TSCC... TERMINATED BY The T-FOX!

[quote name='ITDEFX']GOD DAMN!! You nerds get your act together. Yes this show is better than Chuck and Heroes. Heck this is better than Jericho!!![/quote]

Don't forget about PBS! Terminator is better than PBS too!

[quote name='Killer Rabbit']I still want answers: what did that guy do for a living? Sit on his paralyzed butt and fire handguns with strange women in the middle of the night?

I want that job.[/quote]

I think he's just a college kid that got a night shift job taking care of the place. Arrange and rearrange books.

thats what I was thinking. Also when she broke into that one room he was talking about her getting him fired. So that was his job. He worked in the library chances are for some school. As for what happend to him I would say he went to a doctor and found out it was back then chances are killed himself or started the treatment. However I would say with the way this show is he just killed himself.

[quote name='sendme'] However I would say with the way this show is he just killed himself.[/QUOTE]

Except he made such a big deal when Cameron asked him if he ever thought about suicide. He very adamantly said, "No way! I would NEVER do that to my family!!" so I really can't see him doing it.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I wonder why Cameron was studying mid evil weapons?[/QUOTE]

Maybe she's just curious? I would think a killer robot would want to know how humans killed themselves in other times just to know.

I wonder what made Cameron to asked him if he ever thought of suicide. I knew he had cancer but why out of the blue? When she asked him that question she was staring at herself in the mirror, is Cameron thinking about suicide? Maybe she's afraid that's she's going to revert back to the old skynet AI programming. She also said she knows how it feel to live with cancer and how its a bomb waiting to explode or something in that effect.

Who's the Asian guy in episode 10? I've seen him in other movies/tv, but don't remember.

Edit: Caught up now... god damn this show is boring.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='blueweltall']I wonder what made Cameron to asked him if he ever thought of suicide. I knew he had cancer but why out of the blue? When she asked him that question she was staring at herself in the mirror, is Cameron thinking about suicide? Maybe she's afraid that's she's going to revert back to the old skynet AI programming. She also said she knows how it feel to live with cancer and how its a bomb waiting to explode or something in that effect.[/QUOTE]

For her the old programming is like a cancer. She never knows when it will revert back and her end up trying to kill John. The machines can read the human body. Like in T3 that one could tell that John was not going to kill himself atleast their was an 82% chance he would not. Also during the series Cameron has said things about being able to tell what is going on with peoples bodies. She also said in season one that she can just touch someone and tell what is going on. Maybe she ran the numbers and the odds were high that he would kill himself. Cameron killing its self violates one of the laws however the terminators violate them anyway. So maybe Cameron has often thought about just shuting down and that it might be safer for John. That would then conflict with its programming so Cameron can't self terminate however it thinks that the best course of action to keep its self from killing or trying to kill John is to do so. So on one had it runs the risk of reverting back and failing its mission and kill John yet the best way to prevent that violates one of the laws.

[quote name='sendme']For her the old programming is like a cancer. She never knows when it will revert back and her end up trying to kill John. The machines can read the human body. Like in T3 that one could tell that John was not going to kill himself atleast their was an 82% chance he would not. Also during the series Cameron has said things about being able to tell what is going on with peoples bodies. She also said in season one that she can just touch someone and tell what is going on. Maybe she ran the numbers and the odds were high that he would kill himself. Cameron killing its self violates one of the laws however the terminators violate them anyway. So maybe Cameron has often thought about just shuting down and that it might be safer for John. That would then conflict with its programming so Cameron can't self terminate however it thinks that the best course of action to keep its self from killing or trying to kill John is to do so. So on one had it runs the risk of reverting back and failing its mission and kill John yet the best way to prevent that violates one of the laws.[/quote]

OK...this is like trying to tell the Sara, "Give it up bitch, judgement day is going to come and there is nothing you can do about it!"

Well from what they have shown Judgment Day is going to come and no matter what they do it still happens.

Yea, they cannot prevent judgment day PERIOD...they can only delay it or survive it...that's it. It must really suck to be a Connor these days.

I really wonder what is up with all these back doors that are being made...

What back doors is that? Are you talking about how people keep coming from the future and it has changed some for each one of them. Like with Derek not remembering when he went through that torture and the one women remembering it. Or maybe that is what happend in that room in season one. They never did say what was in that room.

[quote name='sendme']What back doors is that? Are you talking about how people keep coming from the future and it has changed some for each one of them. Like with Derek not remembering when he went through that torture and the one women remembering it. Or maybe that is what happend in that room in season one. They never did say what was in that room.[/quote]

Sorry I was talking about the backdoors being made by future agents like the ai software that is going to be installed into the nuclear power plants in 2010 and that backdoor the guy put into the defense network system by his future self to implicate his younger self to keep him safe in prision til the bombs fall.

Ok I wasnt sure if that is what you were getting at. I thought you might have but then also thought it might have been what I had said also. I would think they are just being made to ensure that skynet will be made and make it so that the machines will have the advantage or that one man lives and does not die.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Yea, they cannot prevent judgment day PERIOD...they can only delay it or survive it...that's it. It must really suck to be a Connor these days.

I really wonder what is up with all these back doors that are being made...[/quote]

Yeah I don't know why the Conners are trying to prevent Judgement Day, its going to happen no matter what. They should embrace Judgement Day and start making sure they have an advantage or a headstart on Skynet. Start making bombs and stocking up on spams and eggs or something like that.

Yea they should give it up already. The time line has been altered. They should be stockpiling weapons and supplies and get the way from primary blast zones as soon as possible. However that wouldn't work for the tv series unfortunately.

Cameron is interested in medieval weapons for the same reason she is interested in ballet. She wants to understand humanity. She may be looking for a reason to protect humanity as a whole as opposed to strict programming guidelines.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would think maybe she can see through the ambient light put off by the lights of the city. As for the medieval weapons I think I might have to agree with fatherofcaitlyn. I also think she has more to hide as to why she wants to know it.

Atleast next weeks seems to be good. I wonder what will happen and how good the episodes will be when the season starts back up.

Last night's episode was hmmmm.........ok.

Need to rewatch it.

I was like "oh fuck!!" when the terminator just happened to crash into them.

you know it was the terminator and I found it funny when cameron attacked that guy and he was not even the terminator.

[quote name='sendme']you know it was the terminator and I found it funny when cameron attacked that guy and he was not even the terminator.[/quote]

Yea Cameron is starting to crack me up in strange ways.... It was like OOPS.

Yeah, I liked the running gag that everyone thought Roger was a terminator.

But the episode overall was pretty "meh." A couple of good parts, but mostly just okay.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Last night's episode was hmmmm.........ok pretty bad.

[/QUOTE]

Fixed. Pretty pointless, meandering episode that did nothing for me. The story wasn't too bad I guess but the delivery and telling of it could have been MUCH better. Eh, bring on next week!!

Finally got to watch this episode and I have to agree that this one just suck.

I also notice that the Playstation Network Movie section have recently updated its selection to include shows from this season. $2 for a show though.

I get it every now and then in HD. Well the past 6 months or so my tv started picking up an extra Fox and I think NBC channle. In the corner they say HD so I'm going to guess it is HD even though I'm not paying for it from Charter.

[quote name='sendme']I get it every now and then in HD. Well the past 6 months or so my tv started picking up an extra Fox and I think NBC channle. In the corner they say HD so I'm going to guess it is HD even though I'm not paying for it from Charter.[/quote]

If its HD, you should know by the way it looks - not by the symbol in corner ;)

So if the show is in HD, is it outputting 720p or 1080p?

Also let's all make sure we watch tommorrow episode, its the fall finale! It has to be a good episode.

[quote name='blueweltall']So if the show is in HD, is it outputting 720p or 1080p?

Also let's all make sure we watch tommorrow episode, its the fall finale! It has to be a good episode.[/quote]

Yea, lets hope it will be such a good episode that people will REMEMBER to watch it when it comes back in Feb 2009 other wise it might be like what happened to Jericho :|

I just now thought everyone in this has to die other then John. Atleast all of them that have come from the future have to. If they don't then when judgment day happens their will be two of them. So their will be two Dereks, Jesses, two of Riley and two of the machines. So if the time in Terminator is just one big circle then Lauren would know Derek before he even knew her.

Also as for the HD the picture looks better but not by much. So I don't think it is 1080p. It is brighter and grainy. I'm thinking it is coming in digital and will be what I will pick up fox as after Feb.19.The sound quality is better but comes in a lot lower. So I have to turn my valume up. However I some times have a hard time telling the difference from SD and HD unless it is side by side. I guess I just get used to watching it yet if I watch the same later only in SD when I have been watching it in HD so long I think it looks like crap. I'm watching the last episode on hulu now in 480p and only differnce to me is the flesh tone looks better because they don't all look pail and the video is not as grainy as the 360p.

[quote name='sendme']I just now thought everyone in this has to die other then John. Atleast all of them that have come from the future have to. If they don't then when judgment day happens their will be two of them. So their will be two Dereks, Jesses, two of Riley and two of the machines. So if the time in Terminator is just one big circle then Lauren would know Derek before he even knew her.

Also as for the HD the picture looks better but not by much. So I don't think it is 1080p. It is brighter and grainy. I'm thinking it is coming in digital and will be what I will pick up fox as after Feb.19.The sound quality is better but comes in a lot lower. So I have to turn my valume up. However I some times have a hard time telling the difference from SD and HD unless it is side by side. I guess I just get used to watching it yet if I watch the same later only in SD when I have been watching it in HD so long I think it looks like crap. I'm watching the last episode on hulu now in 480p and only differnce to me is the flesh tone looks better because they don't all look pail and the video is not as grainy as the 360p.[/quote]

Whoa... 360p?

You mean 480p?

no on hulu you can watch in 360p and 480p. I was switching back and forth to see if I could tell a difference and how much of one. It is a low-res and high-res option.

[quote name='blueweltall']So if the show is in HD, is it outputting 720p or 1080p?

Also let's all make sure we watch tommorrow episode, its the fall finale! It has to be a good episode.[/quote]
I believe that most networks broadcast in 1080i HD, but I could be wrong about that (and of course networks in your area could be different).

Also let's all make sure we watch tommorrow episode, its the fall finale! It has to be a good episode.[/quote]My Tivo says it's 720p on the info screen.

I think just about everything I get from Fox in HD is 720p. NBC seems to be 1080i, and I think ABC is also 1080i, as is CW (I think). CBS, not sure, as I don't get them in HD on Charter cable.

[quote name='keithp']Bump for the season fall finale getting ready to come on! Hope it's good!!![/quote]

fixed...hope it's a two parter!!

Solid episode. Good end to the fall season. Sucks it's going to Friday's in February. I'll have to watch most eps on line the next day since I tend to go out on Fridays.

I think this will be the last season. Between the meandering storylines, slow moving subplots, low ratings and the upcoming move to Friday I don't see it getting renewed.

Plus, it comes back on...Friday the 13th! It's doomed! Doomed!

This episode disappointed me. Seems like they're just setting up some plot points for later. Did anyone else catch
that the alien craft that Sara sees at the end looks like Skynet's aircraft that you always see roaming the skies in the future? There's got to be a connection there!

bread's done
Back