The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
Isn’t the free shipping threshold lower in store? So he could do the active promo thing at a lower cost buy in alongside the $10 game
I spoke with a GSA last week, and they informed me that free shipping is still $54 minimum even thru them. Besides, the current promos only apply to in-store purchases; unless ofc, ya'll plan to buy in bulk, return in-store, and repurchase with promos which...ymmv depending on their moods or if the bosses are working that day.

Extra 20% on top of 10% Pro still good on trades when putting money down on any preorder.

I have a second copy of a game I just traded in, do I need to go to a different store to trade it or will I be okay going to my usual store on a different day?

Extra 20% on top of 10% Pro still good on trades when putting money down on any preorder.

I have a second copy of a game I just traded in, do I need to go to a different store to trade it or will I be okay going to my usual store on a different day?

You can go to your usual store on a different day. Watch out if it's the same employee.....JDs are annoying

So that means 30% total right?

Any chance of a better trade in promo soon? Have a bunch of random ps4 games. Elden Ring says $27 value, also have God of War, Bloodborne, Fallout 76, Minecraft, that all got recent bumps. Thinking now may be a good time to let some go, though the trade bump of 20% seems kinda shitty. I also dont have pro. Debating if i should get the subscription for the additional bump.

Any chance of a better trade in promo soon? Have a bunch of random ps4 games. Elden Ring says $27 value, also have God of War, Bloodborne, Fallout 76, Minecraft, that all got recent bumps. Thinking now may be a good time to let some go, though the trade bump of 20% seems kinda shitty. I also dont have pro. Debating if i should get the subscription for the additional bump.
Bloodborne's been as high as $15 base in recent months so I would hold onto that one for sure. I traded in my Elden Ring copy last week since I doubt it'll go higher, that's around MWT value

Last edited:
If I have trade credit, Can I use only a certain amount and debit/credit the remaining? Trying to decide on whether to buy the PS5 Slim or the PS5 Spider-Man edition haha.

Last edited:
If I have trade credit, Can I use only a certain amount and debit/credit the remaining? Trying to decide on whether to buy the PS5 Slim or the PS5 Spider-Man edition haha.
You can use both payment methods (limit 2 gift/trade cards) but you cannot specify an amount less than the full gc balance online. I'm not certain about in-store but I'm guessing employees can set specific amounts for different methods.

You can use both payment methods (limit 2 gift/trade cards) but you cannot specify an amount less than the full gc balance online. I'm not certain about in-store but I'm guessing employees can set specific amounts for different methods.
I may go into the store and try it that way. I was thinking of buying the Spider-Man PS5 but don't think it worth $122 more over the slim truth be told. I may change my mind tomorrow tho haha.

Does anyone know if I can get the preorder trade bonus (20/30%) on the same game/preorder on separate transactions? Like I put $5 down on a switch game preorder and then the following day I do another trade and put another $5 down on the same exact preorder (which is now at $10 total).

Or do I have to preorder a different game every time for the trade bonus?

Does anyone know if I can get the preorder trade bonus (20/30%) on the same game/preorder on separate transactions? Like I put $5 down on a switch game preorder and then the following day I do another trade and put another $5 down on the same exact preorder (which is now at $10 total).

Or do I have to preorder a different game every time for the trade bonus?
You can just add towards the same preorder.

i thought it was one preorder bonus per game. Does this mean it goes 30% every time trade credit for pro members?
While the promotion is active, every time you create, add money to, or pickup a preorder, the boost will automatically apply to every qualifying item in the transaction. If you are told otherwise, it is the manual discretion of the employee.

As a woman having to meet up with people to buy like on Offerup is too fucking scary. I am also not going to have my husband go with me because his time is a lot more valuable than me saving a few bucks on video games.
To each their own. For me, it's gaining a few bucks in the double digits after flipping in addition to discovering new video game shops and making friends along the way. People are different. Must be a guy thing, I guess.

Stopped by a mall GameStop in Frisco, TX. There was a total of about 10 feet of space dedicated to games. The other 85% of the store was funko and junk. Amazing

bread's done
Back