The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
Anyone buy the PSA graded Pokemon cards? It says on the page that cards have $5 shipping each and are excluded from free shipping. It also says delivery in 1-3 days.

Anyway I bought a graded card last week but the shipping cost me $7 instead and it will arrive on Monday which would make it a 5 days delivery.

Would I be able to get a refund on the shipping?

Not a guy thing; I've sold things to women, young and old. It's a comfort level thing.

Meet in a public place, and it's a non-issue.

Meeting at your house is where things could get dicey. However, 9/10 times that's not necessary, unless the item is larger, in which case you can put it it on your front porch shortly before the person shows up, and not even have to let them in your house.
For video game stuff I just have them meet me at my local GameStop parking lot. Haven’t had any issues doing that .

Anyone buy the PSA graded Pokemon cards? It says on the page that cards have $5 shipping each and are excluded from free shipping. It also says delivery in 1-3 days.

Anyway I bought a graded card last week but the shipping cost me $7 instead and it will arrive on Monday which would make it a 5 days delivery.

Might have to call customer service and ask I’m sure it’s a YMMV kinda thing

I think they messed up or changed the shipping and made it regular now as my last order was above free shipping threshold and i got free shipping. I'm guessing yours was below, so you got charged the standard $6.99.

Seeing a number of ps4 and switch game trade value increases this morning. Some may just be a return to normal after past drops.
Thanks for the heads-up. A few of interest that I noticed:

$35 base
Dragon's Dogma 2 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin

$20 base
Ghost of Tsushima (PS4, standard)

$15 base
Bloodborne
Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS4)
Dark Souls Remastered (PS4)
Fallout 4 (PS4)

$10 base
The Last of Us Remastered

Last edited:
Value is the Pro value, so minus 10% for base:

Super Mario 3D All-Stars - Nintendo Switch​
$49.50​
Dragon's Dogma 2 - PlayStation 5​
$38.50​
MLB The Show 24 - PlayStation 5​
$38.50​
Rise of the Ronin - PlayStation 5​
$38.50​
God of War Ragnarok - PlayStation 5​
$35.20​
Gran Turismo 7 Launch - PlayStation 5​
$35.20​
Hogwarts Legacy - PlayStation 5​
$35.20​
Marvel's Spider-Man 2 - PlayStation 5​
$35.20​
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth - PlayStation 5​
$33.00​
Mario Kart 8​
$33.00​
Princess Peach: Showtime! - Nintendo Switch​
$33.00​
Super Mario Bros. Wonder - Nintendo Switch​
$33.00​
The Last of Us Part 1 - PlayStation 5​
$33.00​
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - Nintendo Switch​
$33.00​
Hogwarts Legacy - Nintendo Switch​
$30.80​
Hogwarts Legacy - PlayStation 4​
$30.80​
Mario Party Superstars - Nintendo Switch​
$30.80​
Mortal Kombat 1 - PlayStation 5​
$30.80​
Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Nintendo Switch​
$27.50​
Batman: Arkham Trilogy - Nintendo Switch​
$27.50​
Deadpool - PlayStation 4​
$27.50​
Deadpool - Xbox One​
$27.50​
Dead Space - PlayStation 5​
$27.50​
Elden Ring - PlayStation 4​
$27.50​
Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade - PlayStation 5​
$27.50​
God of War Ragnarok - PlayStation 4​
$27.50​
Gran Turismo 7 Launch - PlayStation 4​
$27.50​
Jump Force Deluxe - Nintendo Switch​
$27.50​
Kirby and the Forgotten Land - Nintendo Switch​
$27.50​
Luigi's Mansion 3 - Nintendo Switch​
$27.50​
Mario vs. Donkey Kong - Nintendo Switch​
$27.50​
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond - Nintendo Switch​
$27.50​
Pokemon Legends: Arceus - Nintendo Switch​
$27.50​
Pokemon Scarlet - Nintendo Switch​
$27.50​
Pokemon Shining Pearl - Nintendo Switch​
$27.50​
Pokemon Violet - Nintendo Switch​
$27.50​
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - PlayStation 4​
$27.50​
Splatoon 3 - Nintendo Switch​
$27.50​
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - PlayStation 5​
$27.50​
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Nintendo Switch​
$27.50​
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Xbox One​
$27.50​
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Nintendo Switch​
$27.50​
WWE 2K24 - PlayStation 5​
$27.50​
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - Xbox Series X​
$24.20​
Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate - PlayStation 5​
$24.20​
Dragon's Dogma 2 - Xbox Series X​
$24.20​
Elden Ring - PlayStation 5​
$24.20​
Elden Ring - Xbox Series X​
$24.20​
Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales - PlayStation 4​
$24.20​
MLB The Show 24 - Xbox Series X​
$24.20​
New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe - Nintendo Switch​
$24.20​
The Last of Us Part II Remastered - PlayStation 5​
$24.20​
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - PlayStation 5​
$22.00​
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War - PlayStation 5​
$22.00​
Demon's Souls - PlayStation 5​
$22.00​
Five Nights at Freddy's: Core Collection - Nintendo Switch​
$22.00​
Ghost of Tsushima - PlayStation 4​
$22.00​
Granblue Fantasy: Relink - PlayStation 5​
$22.00​
Metroid Prime Remastered - Nintendo Switch​
$22.00​
MLB The Show 24 - Nintendo Switch​
$22.00​
Pikmin 1 and 2 - Nintendo Switch​
$22.00​
Street Fighter 6 - PlayStation 5​
$22.00​
Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League - PlayStation 5​
$22.00​
Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League - Xbox Series X​
$22.00​
Super Mario 3D World Plus Bowser's Fury - Nintendo Switch​
$22.00​
Tekken 8 - PlayStation 5​
$22.00​
Tekken 8 - Xbox Series X​
$22.00​
WWE 2K24 - PlayStation 4​
$22.00​
Cooking Mama: Cookstar - Nintendo Switch​
$19.80​
Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate - Xbox Series X​
$19.80​
Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut - PlayStation 5​
$19.80​
Helldivers 2 - PlayStation 5​
$19.80​
Hogwarts Legacy - Xbox One​
$19.80​
Pokken Tournament DX - Nintendo Switch​
$19.80​
Super Mario Maker 2 - Nintendo Switch​
$19.80​
BANISHERS: Ghosts of a New Eden - PlayStation 5​
$18.70​
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II - PlayStation 4​
$17.60​
CRISIS CORE -FINAL FANTASY VII- REUNION - PlayStation 5​
$17.60​
EA Sports UFC 5 - PlayStation 5​
$17.60​
Just Dance 2022 - Nintendo Switch​
$17.60​
Mortal Kombat 1 - Xbox Series X​
$17.60​
Super Mario Odyssey - Nintendo Switch​
$17.60​
WWE 2K24 - Xbox One​
$17.60​
WWE 2K24 - Xbox Series X​
$17.60​
Bloodborne - PlayStation 4​
$16.50​
Cuphead - PlayStation 4​
$16.50​
Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition - Nintendo Switch​
$16.50​
Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut - PlayStation 4​
$16.50​
Minecraft - Nintendo Switch​
$16.50​
Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart - PlayStation 5​
$16.50​
Stray - PlayStation 4​
$16.50​
Stray - PlayStation 5​
$16.50​
Stray - Xbox Series X​
$16.50​
Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach - Nintendo Switch​
$15.40​
Resident Evil Village Gold - PlayStation 5​
$15.40​
Dark Souls III: The Fire Fades Edition - PlayStation 4 - PlayStation 4​
$14.30​
Halo: The Master Chief Collection - Xbox One​
$14.30​
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered - Nintendo Switch​
$14.30​
Call of Duty: Black Ops III - PlayStation 4​
$13.20​
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II - PlayStation 5​
$13.20​
Days Gone - PlayStation 4​
$13.20​
FINAL FANTASY VII Remake​
$13.20​
Mortal Kombat 11 - Nintendo Switch​
$13.20​
Octopath Traveler 2 - Nintendo Switch​
$13.20​
Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown - Nintendo Switch​
$13.20​
Untitled Goose Game - Nintendo Switch​
$13.20​
South Park: The Stick of Truth - PlayStation 4​
$12.10​
God of War III Remastered​
$11.00​
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II - Xbox Series X​
$9.90​
Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown - PlayStation 5​
$9.90​

I've been out of GS trading for a couple years now. Got a couple games worth $45 total. 1) Can trade credit still be used towards Xbox Credit? 2) What game can I still pre-order tomorrow that doesn't come out for another few days, giving me time to go back and cancel it? Thanks!

I've been out of GS trading for a couple years now. Got a couple games worth $45 total. 1) Can trade credit still be used towards Xbox Credit? 2) What game can I still pre-order tomorrow that doesn't come out for another few days, giving me time to go back and cancel it? Thanks!
1. Yes
2. I believe any preorder still works for the promo. As well as the purchase of any new game.

I like how Gamestop is transitioning to Cardstop. Ain't no one gonna buy PSA graded cards at $300+ even after 15% off plus 15% TiC. They're just asking to get more ransacked by the usual suspects...expecting more stores to close within the next year.

So how would the math work exactly? Say I have a copy Bloodborne and god of war 3 remastered? What would the total credit be towards a preorder of say Luigi's mansion 2?
(0.30 promo x Regular Value Store Credit) + Regular Value Store Credit

Last edited:
I like how Gamestop is transitioning to Cardstop. Ain't no one gonna buy PSA graded cards at $300+ even after 15% off plus 15% TiC. They're just asking to get more ransacked by the usual suspects...expecting more stores to close within the next year.
I rather go to local cards shows and buy . Typically they do a lot cheaper if you got straight cash

It's hit or miss. I've actually seemed some good deals, cards going for about 10% less than eBay sold prices. The real thing I don't understand is who would actually sell to them? Someone might sell a stack of games to gamestop and not realize their worth because they haven't even look at them in 15 years. But graded cards? Everyone with a graded card should know what they're worth.

The banner says pre-orders and new games. Are you sure it worked with pre owned too?

Yes, the banner is not online but it was up in my local store. The promo has an end date sometime in early July. Going by GameStop promo trends its probably until the 6th
To follow up on this, I went to two GSs today to take advantage of the early B2G1 for Pros, bringing a handful of games to trade at each.

At GS #1, I added a few dollars to a preorder in the same transaction as the trades, triggering the 20% bump. At GS #2, I was buying only used games in the same transaction as the trades but no bump triggered, so I asked for a new copy of Luigi’s Mansion 2 (which I’ll return later) and that did trigger the bump.

tl;dr: The 20% bump only triggers when buying a new game, placing a new preorder, or adding to an existing preorder.

To follow up on this, I went to two GSs today to take advantage of the early B2G1 for Pros, bringing a handful of games to trade at each.

At GS #1, I added a few dollars to a preorder in the same transaction as the trades, triggering the 20% bump. At GS #2, I was buying only used games in the same transaction as the trades but no bump triggered, so I asked for a new copy of Luigi’s Mansion 2 (which I’ll return later) and that did trigger the bump.

tl;dr: The 20% bump only triggers when buying a new game, placing a new preorder, or adding to an existing preorder.
Completely forgot about the b2g1 early access starting today until I saw a sign in store an hour ago. Tried to shop around a bit, but it's such a pain at the stores by me since they combined the new and pre owned display boxes. It's impossible to know what's pre owned without pulling each game off the shelf and checking. I gave after a few minutes since I wasn't planning to get anything anyways. What did you come away with?

Also, getting over $40 for Hogwarts legacy PS5 at this point seems great. Also got $32.50 for Mario v donkey kong (only paid $30 and beat it). Oh also got $20 for Horizon Forbidden West PS4 that I got from best buy for $10 awhile ago. Lots of good trades right now.

I had Mario RPG and Peach Showtime in my cart and needed a third, and after some random searches, found that Minecraft Story Mode Complete Adventure PS4 (was the free game) was in stock. Not the best discount but whatever, it was palatable enough for my wallet. But on the final order page, I got a warning that 1 of my items were out of stock but I was able to hit the "place order" button.

SMRPG and Peach are both in stock, Minecraft is not so I'm guessing that was what trigger the warning... is my order safe or am I SOL since the free game is OOS?

I had Mario RPG and Peach Showtime in my cart and needed a third, and after some random searches, found that Minecraft Story Mode Complete Adventure PS4 (was the free game) was in stock. Not the best discount but whatever, it was palatable enough for my wallet. But on the final order page, I got a warning that 1 of my items were out of stock but I was able to hit the "place order" button.

SMRPG and Peach are both in stock, Minecraft is not so I'm guessing that was what trigger the warning... is my order safe or am I SOL since the free game is OOS?
What does your order details show? Is Minecraft on there? Sounds to me like you might have just bought the other two games at full price...

Completely forgot about the b2g1 early access starting today until I saw a sign in store an hour ago. Tried to shop around a bit, but it's such a pain at the stores by me since they combined the new and pre owned display boxes. It's impossible to know what's pre owned without pulling each game off the shelf and checking. I gave after a few minutes since I wasn't planning to get anything anyways. What did you come away with?
GS #1
Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Enhanced Edition (PS4)
Gravity Rush 2
FC 24 (PS5) <--Filler because I couldn't find a third game in that range I wanted

GS #2
Pokemon HeartGold (cart-only, unfortunately)
Paper Mario TTYD (Switch) x2
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
Dead or Alive Dimensions
FC 24 (Switch) <--Another filler

GS #1
Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Enhanced Edition (PS4)
Gravity Rush 2
FC 24 (PS5) <--Filler because I couldn't find a third game in that range I wanted

GS #2
Pokemon HeartGold (cart-only, unfortunately)
Paper Mario TTYD (Switch) x2
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
Dead or Alive Dimensions
FC 24 (Switch) <--Another filler
"UNFORTUNATELY!???" Bro, cart itself easily sells for $150...find a case, manual, insert, CIB with Pokewalker, and you'll be GOLDen. Count your blessings.

What does your order details show? Is Minecraft on there? Sounds to me like you might have just bought the other two games at full price...

Yes, order shows all 3 games but prices are all messed up... Minecraft is $0, Paper Mario and Peach both show $12 but my total is $110 (which is what the two full priced games are).

EDIT* Got shipping notices for everything, guess I'm good. :)

Last edited:
Yes, order shows all 3 games but prices are all messed up... Minecraft is $0, Paper Mario and Peach both show $12 but my total is $110 (which is what the two full priced games are).

EDIT* Got shipping notices for everything, guess I'm good. :)
Good to hear it, yeah if ever is in the order typically nothing to worry about

Having a problem ordering 3 games for the B2G1(Paper Mario, Peach Showtime and SMB Wonder) and when I use my home address it won't let me ship but when I use a PO Box it charges me $11.00 for shipping even though it should be free. Of course, it won't tell me which one can't be shipped.

Having a problem ordering 3 games for the B2G1(Paper Mario, Peach Showtime and SMB Wonder) and when I use my home address it won't let me ship but when I use a PO Box it charges me $11.00 for shipping even though it should be free. Of course, it won't tell me which one can't be shipped.
I encountered this yesterday and found that message always appears if I try checking out on the desktop site. When I placed the order in the GS app, the checkout process didn’t have any issues.

It's hit or miss. I've actually seemed some good deals, cards going for about 10% less than eBay sold prices. The real thing I don't understand is who would actually sell to them? Someone might sell a stack of games to gamestop and not realize their worth because they haven't even look at them in 15 years. But graded cards? Everyone with a graded card should know what they're worth.
Well the "challenge" with selling cards is to whom and where to sell them. So many scammers and thieves on Ebay. And so many mom and pop card shops tell you "we have to make money too" when they are giving you low offers. Wish I knew a honest reputable buyer or shop. You have to accept that you are going to take a loss unless you are one of those fortunate sellers that have a good network of reputable buyers. But correct me if I'm wrong cause I just got into this card game about 4 years ago.

Well the "challenge" with selling cards is to whom and where to sell them. So many scammers and thieves on Ebay. And so many mom and pop card shops tell you "we have to make money too" when they are giving you low offers. Wish I knew a honest reputable buyer or shop. You have to accept that you are going to take a loss unless you are one of those fortunate sellers that have a good network of reputable buyers. But correct me if I'm wrong cause I just got into this card game about 4 years ago.
That’s why you go to card conventions to sell or trade.

I encountered this yesterday and found that message always appears if I try checking out on the desktop site. When I placed the order in the GS app, the checkout process didn’t have any issues.
I’ve been having the same problem with both the app and the website since I first tried checking out yesterday. Not too concerned though, I barely wanted to place an order, and I had planned on trading one of the games back immediately anyway.

bread's done
Back