The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
Just from what I saw there are a few trades that after the pre-order bonus ended up being worth it to pick up and then trade in.

PS5
MLB the Show 23
FC 24
NBA2K24
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3

Switch
FC 24

Is there a way to view your trading history? I had a certain game that I wanted to trade, but I can't find it now, and I thought maybe I already traded it and just forgot about it.

Went to three GS's the last 24 hours and I think I scored some sweet games:
Ducktales Remastered (PS3)
Splatterhouse (PS3)
Sly Collection
Jak and Daxter Collection
Ratchet and Clank Collection
Prototype Biohazard Bundle
Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection
God of War Collection
God of War III Remastered

You'll have to go in store and they'll print it out for you

I always wondered if your (at least recent) trading history is something they can immediately see on their screen when pulling up your account, or if they'd have to go out of their way to look it up. Never stopped me from trading in the same game multiple times or at different stores when it came down to it, but it would be a little embarassing to find out I'm not remotely as slick as I thought I was lol

Found nothing at my 2 closest GameStops yesterday.

Drove further out today and think I found the one store that gets good trades. I think it’s also closer to a town that is a bit more ritzy than the other 2, lol.

Got:
Another Code Recollection(NS) (monthly $5 applied to it)
Pikmin 3 (NS)
Octopath Traveler (NS)
Slay the Spire (NS)
Stray (ps5)
Persona 5 Tactica (NS) - was going to get FF Crisis core for the NS but the guy could not find the cart for it so I had to find something in a similar price that my kids would play

How often do they do trade promos that are over $5 get another $5? The last time this happened was the 2nd week of December 23 If I remember correctly. Do they have a similar summer trade in promo?

How often do they do trade promos that are over $5 get another $5? The last time this happened was the 2nd week of December 23 If I remember correctly. Do they have a similar summer trade in promo?
Not with any regularity, but I feel like we're due for one in the next couple of months. Just a hunch.

bread's done
Back