The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

First and foremost, please check out the
GameRush Trade-In Prices Wiki.

SPECIAL NOTE:

For those looking to transfer credit from Blockbuster to Gamestop the current extra $10 for 2 games deal at Gamestop (Wii, 360, PS3 only) provides the following options:

Game: BB price -> GS price with Edge+bonus

:360:
Beautiful Katamari: $9.99 -> $11.60
Bionicle Heroes $9.99 -> $7.20 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Bullet Witch: $9.99 -> $9.40
Cars: $9.99 -> $9.40
Chromehounds: $9.99? -> $8.30
Earth Defense Force: $9.99 -> $10.50
King Kong $9.99 -> $7.75 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Meet The Robinsons: $6.99 -> $10.50
Ninety-Nine Nights $14.99 -> $13.80
PSU $9.99 -> $10.50
Rumble Roses $9.99 -> $8.30
Spiderman 3: $9.99 -> $10.50
Spiderman Friend or Foe $12.99 -> $13.80
Table Tennis $9.99 -> $7.75
Tomb Raider Legend $9.99 -> $9.80
Top Spin 2: $9.99 -> $9.40
Virtua Tennis 3 $9.99 -> $11.60
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (360) | 9.99 -> 9.40

:wii:
Alien Syndrome $9.99 -> $10.50
Meet The Robinsons $9.99 -> $11.60
Sonic Secret Rings $14.99 -> $14.90
Super Monkey Ball $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)

:ps3:
NBA Street Homecourt $14.99 -> ??
Virtua Fighter 5 $14.99 -> $13.80

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are taking preorders for Guitar Hero Aerosmith, Star Wars Force Unleashed, and possibly a few other games (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

General Info
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values.

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. Most still do not sell handheld systems (a few apparently sell the DS but I've never seen them there). As a result of not selling used hardware, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Only Gamerush stores allow for preorders of your choice of new games (though, it seems, some stores have stopped taking preorders). On the other hand, some regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for a few select mega-release titles (recent examples: Halo 3, SSBB, Mario Kart, GTA IV).

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at select non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by some regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='Sinnbox']I did a run here in IN yesterday, Everywhere is out of clearance items, people are going crazy with their tax checks. A local pawnshop that i go to to buy games was totaly empty, they had like 2 TV's and 30 games and some power tools, they usualy ave so much stuff they cant keep it inthier 5,000 ft showroom!! My Target only had crappy clearance games, except for folklore and it was marked $41 and they were refusing to scan it(Probably waiting untill he got off work to scan it for himself....)[/quote]

Make sure and scan the games. I found a copy of Juiced 2 for the 360 the other day labeled $29.98 but it scanned $14.98.

[quote name='runpuddrun']Yeah, Target does have self scanners, one is usually down the aisle from most of the electronics sections....[/quote]

Yep. Whenever I go if I see titles that I want and they're still stickered with a high price I take them over to the scanner to double check.

Right you are, doug, right you are... If you listed to sports radio in KC, then you know what i mean.[quote name='Chitown021']Yep. Whenever I go if I see titles that I want and they're still stickered with a high price I take them over to the scanner to double check.[/quote]

[quote name='runpuddrun']Right you are, doug, right you are... If you listed to sports radio in KC, then you know what i mean.[/quote]

I usually listen to 810 WHB on the way into work (The Border Patrol) and on the way home (Between The Lines).

I wish the GR near my home was more like the on in Liberty. Mine still does not carry Blurays while the Liberty store has the Bluray display, sells the PS3 "bundle" others have reported, and most importantly RENTS Bluray titles.

Yep, 810 w/ Soren Petro says that before every show... Steven St John is one funny mofo, don't so much like kevin K though, he can be good at times. I'm probably going to be Interning there next fall for school.

Pretty much all of my BB's rent BR's, and have the PS3 display now, at least the 2 in Olathe do, and the 3 that I frequent in OP do also, as does the Shawnee one. There sure are a shit ton of BB's/GR's in the KC metro huh.

Ah how i wish there were some good flips right now! My gamerush has 5 wiis, 1 60 GB PS3 & a 40 GB. Rock Band's, Guitar Heros and some new releases for the 360. Really wanna get that 60 GB though. But i only have $47 in credit. :(

[quote name='runpuddrun']Yep, 810 w/ Soren Petro says that before every show... Steven St John is one funny mofo, don't so much like kevin K though, he can be good at times. I'm probably going to be Interning there next fall for school.

Pretty much all of my BB's rent BR's, and have the PS3 display now, at least the 2 in Olathe do, and the 3 that I frequent in OP do also, as does the Shawnee one. There sure are a shit ton of BB's/GR's in the KC metro huh.[/quote]

Yeah St. John is a riot. Keitzman is OK but I think he's too much of a "know-it-all" I bet that'll be a sweet place to intern at.

Here in the northland there's probably about 7 BB or GRs within a 10 mile radius of my house. There used to be 8, they had a GR just up the street from my house but it closed down a year or so ago.

[quote name='ralph10']Ah how i wish there were some good flips right now! My gamerush has 5 wiis, 1 60 GB PS3 & a 40 GB. Rock Band's, Guitar Heros and some new releases for the 360. Really wanna get that 60 GB though. But i only have $47 in credit. :([/quote]

I know what you mean. I need something like $40 more to get a PS3 and there is a 60 gig staring at me every time I go to my closest GR.

Just some trade in values for today

Wii
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 - $20
Mario Strikers Charged - $26
Pokemon Battle Revolution- $26

NBA Live 07- $12

Picked up Army of two which is full priced at $59.99 and SSBB. Was hoping AoT was $40 but oh well.

Also can someone please updated Wiki, there have been tons of trade values reported but they are showing on Wiki.

Does anyone know the TIV for Tramua Center: New Blood for the Wii, I forgot to ask.

Also here are some TIV:
Gun (360) - 12
Motorstorm (PS3) - 30
SC: Double Agent (360) 12

[quote name='Draknight']Just some trade in values for today

Wii
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 - $20
Mario Strikers Charged - $26
Pokemon Battle Revolution- $26

NBA Live 07- $12

Picked up Army of two which is full priced at $59.99 and SSBB. Was hoping AoT was $40 but oh well.

Also can someone please updated Wiki, there have been tons of trade values reported but they are showing on Wiki.[/quote]

I've PMed Cheapy twice asking for access to the wiki and havne't gotten a response. I'm on here almost everyday and would be more than happy to do it.

Just a head's up regarding buying a new game (rental) from blockbuster...

I picked up The Show on Thursday with my 20-week rental card that came with the PS3 (you can also use a free rental from Coke Rewards). The "keep it" price on the receipt is $59.99.

I went in today to buy it (actually went in Friday but the machines were down) and grab my SSMB. It rang up at $54.99.

I believe that they charge the "used" price for it. Last month I did the same with Endless Ocean and got it for $24.99.

[quote name='h2dk']Just a head's up regarding buying a new game (rental) from blockbuster...

I picked up The Show on Thursday with my 20-week rental card that came with the PS3 (you can also use a free rental from Coke Rewards). The "keep it" price on the receipt is $59.99.

I went in today to buy it (actually went in Friday but the machines were down) and grab my SSMB. It rang up at $54.99.

I believe that they charge the "used" price for it. Last month I did the same with Endless Ocean and got it for $24.99.[/QUOTE]

Did they give you the original case and stuff in both instances? In other words, not the black locking box.

I picked up Brawl this morning and went ahead and put $5 down on GTA IV.

I'm thinking maybe just do 1 month game pass maybe that would work too, i dont have the 20 week pass...How much do those things cost?

Man im hoping i can get a used copy price...

they had the special edition at the bb i went to today to pick up ssbb and preorder my copy of gta. ill assume gr has it too since the bb over here are pretty crappy and they had it.

[quote name='mkernan']Did they give you the original case and stuff in both instances? In other words, not the black locking box.

I picked up Brawl this morning and went ahead and put $5 down on GTA IV.[/quote]

Yes, case and manual everytime I have purchased a game this way

I went to pick up my preordered copy of ssbb at BB(non-GR) this morning. There was only one employee there and he was a new manager. "Uh, I've got to call about that." He calls the store manager who tells him that it doesn't come out until tomorrow. I point out the date on the posters all over the store which say "3-9-08" and he doesn't know anything about that. Then I point out the fact that they have ssbb cases out on display advertising the game for $49.99. "Those are just empty cases." "Then why is it out on display if you don't have it?!" "Sorry, can't help you with that one."

[quote name='Draknight']
Also can someone please updated Wiki, there have been tons of trade values reported but they are showing on Wiki.[/QUOTE]

For the longest time I couldn't do it - it kept giving me errors when I tried to save my changes (which was really frustrating after I changed 20 prices!). But I just tried it and it now works. So I'll try to do an update later today. Right now I'm off to get SSBB from my Blockbuster though. Here's to hoping they didn't gut their 4 copies for rent and/or sell them all already :roll:. Anyone have any problems? Edit - well, except for the post before mine ;).

Hey I'm a newb at this and I'm wondering if you have to take the plastic cover off and everything to flip the game. Like do they accept a game still with the wrapper because I don't want to be stuck with games that I can't return back to the stores if anything goes wrong.

[quote name='PhyukYui']Hey I'm a newb at this and I'm wondering if you have to take the plastic cover off and everything to flip the game. Like do they accept a game still with the wrapper because I don't want to be stuck with games that I can't return back to the stores if anything goes wrong.[/quote]If you return w/ shrink wrap, they may suspect you of stealing the game(s)... Just go into the store and ask them for price quotes, then say, "I have them in my car, one sec and I will brb", proceed to your car and then flip to your hearts content. Or you could have 8 different GR's on speed dial like I do and call to find out the prices, and go to your nearest GR.

[quote name='PhyukYui']Hey I'm a newb at this and I'm wondering if you have to take the plastic cover off and everything to flip the game. Like do they accept a game still with the wrapper because I don't want to be stuck with games that I can't return back to the stores if anything goes wrong.[/quote]

Ask them what they trade in for, and tell them you'll be happy to take the plastic off if the value is high enough. If they give you any slack, tell them they were gifts that you didn't want,

[quote name='doubledown']How much is the special edition at Blockbuster for GTAIV? I know sometimes they screw those up.[/quote]

$89.99, I asked today.

[quote name='Segasonic01']Elite Beat Agents-$8
Capcom Card Fighters DS-$10
SMFoF-$19[/quote]

Thanks for posting this!!! I'm 10 away from a used copy of Ratchet and Clank PS3, and my sears has both EBA and CCF DS, time to flip tomorrow :) :)

After sitting on my credit for 4 months, calling GR every few Sundays to see if they had any in stock, I finally got a Wii! :bouncy: Now to decide whether I'm going to keep it or not...

Picked up SSBB with minimal fuss - they hadn't even taken out their 4-pack of games from the drawer yet and unwrapped them (for some reason they had a sealed 4-pack). The boys are playing it now (and I did a little too ;)).

Traded in a couple 360 games:

Gears of War $25
Condemned - $12
Amped 3 - $15

They wouldn't take Tony Hawk Project 8. The barcode didn't bring up anything in the system, and he went to look for a copy on the floor to scan it and, they didn't have any so he said they couldn't take it since they don't rent it anymore.

[quote name='Da Birthday Boy']do all stores do this? Please help explain the process[/QUOTE]

Do what? Please read through the first post and if you have specific questions after that someone will probably answer.

[quote name='cdeener']Has anyone seen the HD-DVD Drives in their local stores because my local stores haven't had one in a long time?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Just saw two at a local GR on Saturday night, along with both size hard drives for the 360.

Some tivs from today

Motorstorm (ps3) $30
Sega Rally Revo (ps3) $33

Clerk seemed suspicious of my gift card balance may need to start another one up.

[quote name='InvaderZim']Did any of the GameRush stores get Smash Brothers today?[/QUOTE]

Mine got it in at least 3-4 days ago.... picked it up on release day (yesterday).

[quote name='InvaderZim']Did any of the GameRush stores get Smash Brothers today?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, picked mine up today. Spider-Man: Friend or Foe still trading for $22, Avatar still trading for $22, Jericho still trading for $23.

Same here, picked up my SSSB, and Army of Two (I had forgot I had preordered it). I also had to return a game that was scratched up, that I bought from a different store, I didn't know they could accept another stores return (at least a used return).

Stupid Blockbuster wouldn't take my bundle copy of Motorstorm because of the 'not for resale' thing :( Now I'm not sure where to get rid of it.

[quote name='Da Birthday Boy']how much for NFL tour 360? You just bring an old game in and they give you store credit? Somone explain please[/QUOTE]

OK, I'll bite.

Have you ever traded games at Gamestop or Gamecrazy? Same thing - bring in a used game and say you want to trade it in. If you've never traded at that particular location you will need to sign a trade agreement form. Then they will examine the game and say whether they will take it or not, then scan it and give you a quote. You say "yes" or "no". If you say "yes" then you can get the credit on your store account or possibly on a Value card or gift card if they have them and know how to do that (YMMV on that aspect). Credit on the account can only be spent at that store while value/gift cards can be used at any Blockbuster.

As for the price, if it isn't in the Wiki (see first post) then call and ask and report the price here so I can add it to the Wiki. I will be updating all the prices tonight some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back