The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

First and foremost, please check out the
GameRush Trade-In Prices Wiki.

SPECIAL NOTE:

For those looking to transfer credit from Blockbuster to Gamestop the current extra $10 for 2 games deal at Gamestop (Wii, 360, PS3 only) provides the following options:

Game: BB price -> GS price with Edge+bonus

:360:
Beautiful Katamari: $9.99 -> $11.60
Bionicle Heroes $9.99 -> $7.20 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Bullet Witch: $9.99 -> $9.40
Cars: $9.99 -> $9.40
Chromehounds: $9.99? -> $8.30
Earth Defense Force: $9.99 -> $10.50
King Kong $9.99 -> $7.75 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Meet The Robinsons: $6.99 -> $10.50
Ninety-Nine Nights $14.99 -> $13.80
PSU $9.99 -> $10.50
Rumble Roses $9.99 -> $8.30
Spiderman 3: $9.99 -> $10.50
Spiderman Friend or Foe $12.99 -> $13.80
Table Tennis $9.99 -> $7.75
Tomb Raider Legend $9.99 -> $9.80
Top Spin 2: $9.99 -> $9.40
Virtua Tennis 3 $9.99 -> $11.60
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (360) | 9.99 -> 9.40

:wii:
Alien Syndrome $9.99 -> $10.50
Meet The Robinsons $9.99 -> $11.60
Sonic Secret Rings $14.99 -> $14.90
Super Monkey Ball $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)

:ps3:
NBA Street Homecourt $14.99 -> ??
Virtua Fighter 5 $14.99 -> $13.80

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are taking preorders for Guitar Hero Aerosmith, Star Wars Force Unleashed, and possibly a few other games (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

General Info
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values.

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. Most still do not sell handheld systems (a few apparently sell the DS but I've never seen them there). As a result of not selling used hardware, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Only Gamerush stores allow for preorders of your choice of new games (though, it seems, some stores have stopped taking preorders). On the other hand, some regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for a few select mega-release titles (recent examples: Halo 3, SSBB, Mario Kart, GTA IV).

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at select non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by some regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='Da Birthday Boy']I'm saying how does the process work At bb with trading in[/quote]

Bring the item you want to trade, tell them you want to trade it in, fill out a trade agreement, then trade away. They'll put the credit either onto your account or onto a gift card.

[quote name='AkariK']Stupid Blockbuster wouldn't take my bundle copy of Motorstorm because of the 'not for resale' thing :( Now I'm not sure where to get rid of it.[/quote]

covergalaxy.com or some other cover site

Print out the cover for motorstorm.

[quote name='DarkRider23']covergalaxy.com or some other cover site

Print out the cover for motorstorm.[/quote]

Make sure its color copied and on decent quality paper.

MY BB takes in loose game disks, you may be able to just take your copy of motorsotrm out of the case and trade it.

[quote name='Sinnbox']MY BB takes in loose game disks, you may be able to just take your copy of motorsotrm out of the case and trade it.[/quote]

I find this mainly the GR locations that do this...Non-GR seem more picky!?

I would also call and verify...Just act stupid and ask them what the requirements are...do they need the manual? what about the cover?

I'm going in to BB tomorrow, to pick up one of the SSBM posters they are holding for me, I'll actualy look at the games because people are starting to trade now that they actualy arranged them in a cool fashion.

Picked up the last copy of Smash Brothers Brawl at the local BB tonight on cheap store credit. Also preordered GTA4 to help out the store. :)

Flipped
Avatar 360 - 22 (12.48 at target on clearance, minus the 5 dollar coupon, around 8 after tax)
Capcom Cardfighters Clash DS- 10 (2.97 at sears on clearance)

32 in store credit not bad for a little over 10 bucks, tons left of both hope the values hold tomorrow so I can flip some more.

Also picked up a copy of Blue Dragon 360 (14.xx) if anyone wants to trade for me pm me other wise I'm gonna give it to a friend (don't have a 360).

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Flipped
Avatar 360 - 22 (12.48 at target on clearance, minus the 5 dollar coupon, around 8 after tax)
Capcom Cardfighters Clash DS- 10 (2.97 at sears on clearance)

32 in store credit not bad for a little over 10 bucks, tons left of both hope the values hold tomorrow so I can flip some more.

Also picked up a copy of Blue Dragon 360 (14.xx) if anyone wants to trade for me pm me other wise I'm gonna give it to a friend (don't have a 360).[/quote]

Was Blue Dragon 14.xx at BB?

[quote name='PATWRIK']Target clearance...YMMV[/quote]

ok, thats what i thought, but my Target is out so i was hoping BB had some kind of deal also.

[quote name='rcaido']Wow i looked at the prices for Army Two & everyone is selling it for $60...I wonder if my blockbuster made a pricing error on the 39.99...I'll go checkout at midnight when i pickup Smash Bros.[/quote]

Went yesterday to get my Smash Bros & yup i was able to pick Army of Two (360) for 39.99...It rang up 59.99 but i told them its 39.99 on the box & the dude adjusted it with no problem :lol: I should have picked up more but didn't want to push it...I'll try again in couple of days if they dont change it...Also saw Bully for 39.99 & some kind of Ninja Reflection (wii) 39.99

And ONCE AGAIN I go to the wiki to edit and finally make a huge price update and I get errors when I try to save. There's nothing quite like typing in a bunch of price changes and have it say it lost your "session data" and can't save the changes. It worked briefly for me yesterday but I didn't have time so I just tested one price. I'll keep doing that and if it deems to work for me I'll try another update. But really someone else should do it.

Target Clearance that I traded last night.

PS3 MLB 07 23$ (This was mispriced as 12$, other copies in the pile were 19, but clerk did a price adjustment)
WII Golden Compass 16 (This was a disappointment, but I used the 5$ target toy coupon)
360 Avatar 22$
360 Bee Movie 22$

So a mixed bag of profits, the embarassing thing is I broke down and bought a 2nd 360. COD4 has locked up my other 360, and I need to play my Lost Odyessy :)

I'm having 2nd thoughts on my 360 purchase, it's a core unit and I can get an Arcade for the same price, so I think I'm returning that bad boy this evening.

I traded Avatar, Bee Movie and Juiced 2 all for $22 each yesterday.

I'm not sure if it was worth because I couldn't resist playing Bee Movie and Juiced 2. I was able to stop playing Juiced after a little over an hour when I went online and realized there wasn't anybody else in the entire world playing that game, but I put at least 5 hours into Bee Movie before realizing that it was futile to attempt to beat the game because the repitition was increasing incrementally as the game went on. I better get something good with that $23 I made because I sure would like those 6 hours of my life back.

I called 4 GR's today looking for PS3's and I spoke with a Manager, 2 actually that confirmed that they will be receiving a new PS3 bundle shortly, not the spiderman BR bundle.

Does anyone else know anything else about this. I can almost buy one now, but if it's true, I might wait it out depending on the length of time it is. (They didn't know how long, and he did say it was a 40GB, not the MGS4 bundle) I almost have enough for a PS3, $409, couple more Target flips and it's all mine, in less than a week's time to boot...

[quote name='runpuddrun']I called 4 GR's today looking for PS3's and I spoke with a Manager, 2 actually that confirmed that they will be receiving a new PS3 bundle shortly, not the spiderman BR bundle.
[/QUOTE]

I sure hope that somebody has heard something! I had finally gotten enough credit to buy the current 80GB bundle when the rumors of a $100 price drop came along. That was supposed to happen `early to mid-march,' so that could correspond to a new bundle. It would make a lot of sense, even if they were just swapping out the 80GB bundle for one with the 40GB. I'd almost just decided to go with a 40GB model anyway, so that would be cool.

Anyone know the TIV of NHL 2k8? I have searched the thread and I only have one confirmation that it was 23? the other post says 36? which one is it....

[quote name='runpuddrun']I called 4 GR's today looking for PS3's and I spoke with a Manager, 2 actually that confirmed that they will be receiving a new PS3 bundle shortly, not the spiderman BR bundle.

Does anyone else know anything else about this. I can almost buy one now, but if it's true, I might wait it out depending on the length of time it is. (They didn't know how long, and he did say it was a 40GB, not the MGS4 bundle) I almost have enough for a PS3, $409, couple more Target flips and it's all mine, in less than a week's time to boot...[/QUOTE]

It is probably just a stand-alone 40GB bundle. They are phasing out the free Spiderman 3 Blu-Ray. Now you get less for the same price :)

[quote name='doubledown']It is probably just a stand-alone 40GB bundle. They are phasing out the free Spiderman 3 Blu-Ray. Now you get less for the same price :)[/quote]

Have you actually seen that movie? I'd be more than happy to not have it infest my home. :lol:

well, the dude I spoke with specifically said bundle, and that BB told him to expect it soon... I for one would rather have a not so great spider man BR that I could trade in for a few bucks than nothing at all which would net me 0 $$$. $$'s I just hope that the mystery bundle comes soon, I will be calling everyday now, as should everyone else to try and get more info.

nhl 2k8 gets 23, don't know Z:TP, prolly mid 20's, it's still an expensive used game, hasn't gone down at all me thinks.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']The guy might have been talking about the MGS4 bundle thats coming out in a few months.[/quote]
In my OP, I said that I had asked him if it was the MGS4 80GB bundle that comes out in June, and he said no that it was a new 40 GB bundle.

[quote name='bmulligan']Anybody know what Zelda Twilight Princess (Wii) is trading in for ?[/QUOTE]

traded this in a while ago and it was $23 but to confirm you might want to call a store near you

I don't know how true this but a knowledgable Blockbuster employee told me today that they are supposed to get Wiis in the next month. Is this guy pulling my chain or has blockbuster ever sold wii consoles before?

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I don't know how true this but a knowledgable Blockbuster employee told me today that they are supposed to get Wiis in the next month. Is this guy pulling my chain or has blockbuster ever sold wii consoles before?[/quote]

My GR locations have carried Wii's. Non-GR have not.

Myself, I have picked up 2 Wii's at GR BB's.

Well I have a $124.00 gift card to Blockbuster/gamerush that I have been saving for about a month now. I am trying to use it towards a new PS3. The manager said that they don't plan on getting any more PS3's until the holiday season of 08!!!!!!!!

I am tired of fooling with them. If anyone wants my card I will sell it for $90.00 shipped, so I can buy my PS3 elsewhere!!!!

[quote name='The Amazing Mutato']Well I have a $124.00 gift card to Blockbuster/gamerush that I have been saving for about a month now. I am trying to use it towards a new PS3. The manager said that they don't plan on getting any more PS3's until the holiday season of 08!!!!!!!!

I am tired of fooling with them. If anyone wants my card I will sell it for $90.00 shipped, so I can buy my PS3 elsewhere!!!![/quote]

Did you try another Blockbuster? Most BlockBusters are getting a full video game setup in April -- perhaps the one you are going to is a franchise store, which doesn't operate under corporates policies.

No one will buy your card for $90. Likely it only cost you around 60-70 to get. Or you could buy a DS Lite or something and make your money back on it in cash, easy cheesey....

[quote name='daminion']Did you try another Blockbuster? Most BlockBusters are getting a full video game setup in April -- perhaps the one you are going to is a franchise store, which doesn't operate under corporates policies.[/quote]

Hey I checked on a store that is about 30 miles away from my closest store and they have 2 PS3 in stock! So thanks for the info daminion!!!!!:applause:

[quote name='The Amazing Mutato']Hey I checked on a store that is about 30 miles away from my closest store and they have 2 PS3 in stock! So thanks for the info daminion!!!!!:applause:[/quote]

Damn, you must live in the boonies :) I can get to 3 blockbusters in 10 minutes! Anyway, glad to help.

Hey guys, if you plan on trading things into GR, give me first dibs- I'll pay you whatever GR offers plus another $4 in GR credit for shipping. Of course, I won't buy absolute crap.

[quote name='djkunai']Hey guys, if you plan on trading things into GR, give me first dibs- I'll pay you whatever GR offers plus another $4 in GR credit for shipping. Of course, I won't buy absolute crap.[/quote]
You'll pay in money or GR credit? Either way, I'm trading a Folklore tonight if you want it for $40 shipped (in credit if that's what you're saying)

[quote name='Segasonic01']You'll pay in money or GR credit? Either way, I'm trading a Folklore tonight if you want it for $40 shipped (in credit if that's what you're saying)[/quote]

Yeah, I meant in credit.

[quote name='runpuddrun']No one will buy your card for $90. Likely it only cost you around 60-70 to get. Or you could buy a DS Lite or something and make your money back on it in cash, easy cheesey....[/quote]

How exactly can you get that much in a gift card for 60-70$?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back