The Blockbuster Thread XXV: June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

See here for the deal: http://www.blockbuster.com/stores

There used to be a coupon to print for it, but now stores should have the bar code to scan at the register.  If not, show them their own web page (above) and maybe they will figure it out.

See BlockbusterGuy's thread for a list of titles eligible under (and commonly found at BBV) for the promo:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/310423-blockbuster-video-4th-of-july-sale-bogo/

Coming July 2nd: B1G1 free on games $29.99 and under

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that anything below here might be out of date. To be honest, I have no idea if Blockbuster even takes games for trade-in any more!

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos, post any trade-in values you have obtained, and discuss new and used game selection and availability. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Blockbuster store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (BBVto Amazon to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from BBV.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit will be placed onto your store account
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Depending on state law you may or may not get sales tax added to your trade-ins (and thus get more than normal). You will always be charged sales tax where applicable on purchases.

Current Trade-In Deals
There are no trade-in deals at this time nor have there been for a very very long time. They did however just recently cut down all their trade-in values to Gamestop-like levels (but without deals to make them more appealing as at GS).

Trade-In Values

Trade-in prices are usually universal at Blockbuster, but can be wildly different at franchise Blockbuster stores. Used game prices change on Monday. We are not currently sure when trade-in values get updated but a few years ago it used to be on Mondays. Any quotes given in this thread may thus be good through Sunday of the current week. If you want to be sure to get the same value another CAG has reported then do your trading by Sunday as the price may drop on Monday.

Also note that many stores will no longer accept video games without cover art. This is the official policy for DVD trade-ins but apparently many clerks will confuse the two and not allow it for games either. Just beware that it might be a hassle if you have a disc-only game to trade.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to previous Blockbuster/Gamerush Threads (dating back to June 2005!):
1 (by no means the first one but the earliest that can be found - check it out for some drama)
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Last edited by a moderator:
I got 3 sackboy plushies =D quite happy about that! Thanks HB and Cheapest (since your mention of the army got me off my ass to look for them)

Jumped in and got myself a sack boy for a buck and a half, a couple wii points cards for 2 bucks each and a 4gb usb flash drive for 1.50.

Saw a pile of tivo wireless g adapters for 15 (confirmed) and lbp :ps3: new marked at 15.00 (not confirmed). Also think I saw a fellow cag! (hello guy in mini van at 87th st BB!).

Good sale, good info, good ol cag.

Are the wii point cards actual cards or bubble wrapped cases? I've only seen the cards on the turnstile and wouldn't think those were discounted?

Went to 2 stores and got the following:
Viore 7" portable LCD tv - 5.99
Machspeed trio 8gb mp3 player - 6.99
Sony headphones - 1.69
Koss headphones - 7.49(75% off)
Black eyed peas cd - 1.59
2 espn universal remotes - .49 each
4gb flash drive - 1.49
7 2gb flash drives - .99 each
2 UFC books - 1.29 each
Snuggie - 1.49
Some as seen on tv stuff
2 Star wars yoda stuffed animal - 1.99
5 of the 8x10 art - .99 each
Iron man frame - 2.99
Fight club frame - 2.99
And 4 more frames

[quote name='Jordan1080']Went to 2 stores and got the following:
Viore 7" portable LCD tv - 5.99
[/QUOTE]

Very nice score!

-------

I hit two stores myself at lunch, found one more item stuck at 75% instead of 90%. The Norwood 3M HDMI Cable, in a red cardboard/plastic packaging, originally $14.99, still at $3.74.

Other scores:
Sony MDR-V150 Headphones - $1.69 (90%) - These are the over-the-ear cup-style headphones.
Beatles & AC/DC bottle openers - $.49 each (90%)
Various batteries - $0.29 each (90%)
Iron Man 2 framed art 22x35" - $2.99 (90%)
DGL 25 foot HDMI cable - $1.99 (90%) - and that store had about a dozen more of them
Transcend 2GB USB drive - $0.99 (90%) - all out of 4GB, unfortunately
White Poster Tack Putty - $0.09 (90%) Nine cents? Sure!
Koss Zipline retractable earbuds - $1.99 (75%?) - The retractable style looks handy for traveling with, have to see how well they work.

Thanks to Hawaiiboy in particular, and everyone else who's posting good knowledge. Happy hunting.

So, both the wii and xbox live points cards in the blisterpacks are 90% off, starting today? Weren't these just 50% off last week?

I forgot all about the Black Eyed Peas cd. I haven't seen one at my store in weeks though. I would have loved to have picked one up. Damn.Maybe if I make a run to Columbia sometime this week I'll check some stores there. Probably not though.

Woot just completed the LBP plushie set =D

for anyone in MI looking for them. There are 2 at Michigan/Newberry, 2 at Cherry Hills/Canton Ctr, and 2 at Telegraph/Colgate

P1000954.jpg

Far left is the Star Trek poster that was 49 cents. All others were 90% of the price marked.

[quote name='david12795']how much did you get that despicable me frame for? mine came out to be $2.99.[/QUOTE]

2.99 as well, hands down my favorite. The colors are incredibly well done. There was also a cool looking Green Lantern Comic style framed art but there was a big gash in the copy at my store...kinda sad.

Does anyone have a picture of what the Marvel and/or DC framed art looks like? I managed to grab non-framed versions, and was wondering if there was a difference. Thanks!

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']2.99 as well, hands down my favorite. The colors are incredibly well done. There was also a cool looking Green Lantern Comic style framed art but there was a big gash in the copy at my store...kinda sad.[/QUOTE]

i was upset that i couldnt get the marvel frame.....

or the wii points card i saw last week.

Ended up getting a lbp samari and ceasar doll which I hace no need for. Got windshield cleaner and $2 earphones for gf. Bbv was holding one koss ur40 for an employee and another for someone that called it in...only thing I was looking for I couldn't get. Darn tease!

[quote name='The Punisher']Imacgod,
im not sure. Did u get a ds lite or consoles at the store? I know a lady said last week that she got the 360 and ds lite. There is a lot of the koss ear buds in a box, 3 koss u-40 headphones behind the cashier. There wasnt much left. I scan the game accessories, but came up at regular price.

Yeah ,i went to columbia last week and lucked out on a ds lite red.
They didnt have any good stuff left besides a reaper frame and twilight.

Silver spring, rockville ,and glen burnie is cleaned out of good stuff before the 90% took effect.

There was a guy this morning that clean out with the as seen on tv and other stuff.[/QUOTE]

I did not get a DS Lite at Pasadena. I talked to the clerk that day, and he said he had quite a few in the back when it was at 50% so I was hoping to return to get them at 75%. He also brought out a Archos netbook. I called last Sunday, but the girl told me they didn't have any consoles left. I'm not sure if it's worth the trip if they are truly without consoles now. Pasadena is a bit far for me. I'd be a little bummed if someone actually found consoles while the clerk told me there were out of stock. :(

[quote name='jdawgg76']Wow!

360 Wireless Headset $4
PS3 Chatpad attachment $5[/QUOTE]

Hopefully your headset isn't dead, but damn that PS3 keyboard is a sweet find. Haven't seen it anywhere around here though :(

Got some good things today at the BBV in Castro Valley, CA.

Lady GaGa CD $.99
Taylor Swift CD $1.59
25 Foot HDMI Cable $1.99
Boondock Saints Framed Art $2.99
Sugar Daddy Foldable Speakers $.69
Funky Bandz Watch $.39
Beatles Poster $.89

Came out to 10.46 for everything. Prett happy with my haul. Hit up the BBV in Hayward, but didn't find anything really.

IMG_20110613_114549.jpg

I also got a $4 wireless 360 headset, so yeah, I also hope it's not DOA.

I think the official Sony PS3 Bluetooth headset is on clearance because I just left a store where the employee had bought it (original one, not the redesigned newer one).

I got a non-GOTY Borderlands for $5 and I've seen FFXIII and BFBC2 for $7.49 each.

If anyone picks an extra PS3 keypad, I'd pay $10 for it.

[quote name='mkernan']
I think the official Sony PS3 Bluetooth headset is on clearance because I just left a store where the employee had bought it (original one, not the redesigned newer one). [/QUOTE]

You are correct. It is on sale for $5.

[quote name='atc250es']Scored a Starcraft 2 for $15.00 and Wii sports resort w/ motion plus for 12.50[/QUOTE]

Wha?...... I've never seen a PC game at Blockbuster.

I think this has been asked, but is any of the Mario stuff on sale? Specifically the plushies?

Also, are all the Pokemon plushies on sale? One store I went to had tags that said $7.99 with no clearance indications, the other had them tagged as normal prices for $1.99. I would mind getting a few of them if they are on clearance.

[quote name='mkernan']Wha?...... I've never seen a PC game at Blockbuster.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't believe it when I saw it, also got 2 ps3 hdmi/ USB cable combos for $4 each

[quote name='Gosha']I think this has been asked, but is any of the Mario stuff on sale? Specifically the plushies?

Also, are all the Pokemon plushies on sale? One store I went to had tags that said $7.99 with no clearance indications, the other had them tagged as normal prices for $1.99. I would mind getting a few of them if they are on clearance.[/QUOTE]
there not i tried today!!!

[quote name='atc250es']I couldn't believe it when I saw it, also got 2 ps3 hdmi/ USB cable combos for $4 each[/QUOTE]

I saw one store with like 9 XD all say 20... I still rather get the 25 ft HDMI though =p

[quote name='admiralvic']I saw one store with like 9 XD all say 20... I still rather get the 25 ft HDMI though =p[/QUOTE]

I got 3 of those too

[quote name='Gosha']I think this has been asked, but is any of the Mario stuff on sale? Specifically the plushies?
Also, are all the Pokemon plushies on sale? One store I went to had tags that said $7.99 with no clearance indications, the other had them tagged as normal prices for $1.99. I would mind getting a few of them if they are on clearance.[/QUOTE]

The small Pokemon plush are 79 cents. The small Star Wars plush are 99 cents.

It's too bad I'm not into Jimi Hendrix or Jersey Shore. I could decorate a whole house with what I saw today. :p
I did get the Green Lantern framed art for $2.99. Not sure where to put it, but it was just so cool looking.

If anyone wants band keychains, Tron keychains, or the Glee or True Blood buttons, I'm happy to hook you up at cost + shipping, there are a ton left near my house.

I'll trade some of the Koss earbuds or flash drives, or something for a pair of the UR40s anyone?

I only went to 2 stores. I got a $3 Wii component cable.

And I found out that the whole free rental thing they started dropped the initial "rent one of these, get free unlimited rentals" or whatever, and now anything (Blu included) without a blue sticker is free for a night until July 4th. I figure 22 movies in 22 days isn't impossible.

[quote name='mkernan']I got a non-GOTY Borderlands for $5 and I've seen FFIX and BFBC2 for $7.49 each.
[/QUOTE]
What?! You saw Final Fantasy 9 for $7.49?! Get on that, bro!

[quote name='WongTongSoup']there not i tried today!!![/QUOTE]

my wife is out and about, rummaging through blockbusters at the moment. She also said the Mario Plushes were a no go. $149 Toshiba bluray players and $399 bundle PS3's still price as marked as well.

[quote name='knightsdwn']You are correct. It is on sale for $5.[/QUOTE]
Are the sony bluetooth headsets 90% off ? I was was told they were 12.50.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']What?! You saw Final Fantasy 9 for $7.49?! Get on that, bro![/QUOTE]

Hahaha, nice catch. I've fixed it (to XIII, of course).

My 360 wireless headset does indeed appear to be DOA. I'll leave it plugged in for a day or two and see what happens. If not, I'll try giving Microsoft support a call. Anybody who bought them back at $20 had similar experience? Did leaving it plugged in a long time help?

My spoils for today:

Usb 2.0 cable 0.29
2x Heeltastic 0.79 a piece
2x AC/DC Button set 0.29 a piece
True Blood Button set 0.19
AC/DC keychain 0.19
ESPN UR 0.49
50 Bosses Worse than Yours 0.99
Scott Pilgrim OST 1.39
Nirvana - Icon 0.89
5x 2000 wii point cards 10.00 :bouncy: :applause:
4x Kodak C battery 2 packs 0.29

Total 18.94 :D

The wife & I grabbed a bunch of stuff today:

Guitar Hero World Tour Complete Band Set (Large box set NEW) - $25.00
(2x) American McGee's Alice framed artwork - $1.99 & $1.49
(2x) Wii Official Component cables - $3.00 each
A few LBP plushies - $1.29 each
a bunch of Pokemon plushies - $0.79 each
Tron poster - $0.49
Star Wars Mighty Beanz -$0.59
(2x) (retro-ish) NES gamepad baseball caps - $0.79 each
Superman baseball cap - $0.79
Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex (Wii- NEW) - $12.50
Wii Sports Resort bundle (NEW) - $12.50
tons of Kodak battery packs - $0.29 each
(3x) 25ft HDMI cables - $1.99 each
Marvel & Hello Kitty large posters - $0.99 each
(2x) Official Xbox 360 wireless controller - $5.00 each
Nightmare Before Christmas Trivia set - $1.49
CD Maroon 5 (NEW) - $1.49

I also grabbed a bunch of random cheap toys/plushies for my kids as well as some Koss earbuds. I spent way too much on this clearance over the last couple weeks.

my sister was also able to grab me an Xbox 360 Arcade console for $50, Swivel Vac for $4, Wii Play Bundle for $12.50, Official Sony PS3 bluetooth headset for $5.

OK. I hit up one last BBV for today. I found at least one more unique Sackboy(Yukiko or something to that effect). I also picked up a handful of Taylor Swift CD's(they had 12-14 left when I was leaving) and this same BBV had 6-7 more sets of the $7.50 Koss headphones.

I left behind 2 of the pirate(Arrrr) Sackboys and 2 of the Caesar ones, tons of the Sony HDMI/USB cable sets for $4 each and a bunch of other shit.

I also picked up a biography of Chris Farley for $.50 from the meager book section they had.

Lotsa good shit at each of the local BBV stores today, which really surprised me.

This last store also had one of the SD Tivo units and two of the HD units, as well as 3-5 of the YooStar things($24.99).

[quote name='Jordan1080']Viore 7" portable LCD tv - 5.99[/QUOTE]
Damn. The last store I hit up said they had a couple of the Viore tv's inbound but they were already spoken for by other customers.:cry:

For $6 I'd pick up a generic LCD mini tv for when I go on the road for work.

This last store also had like 2-3 Dual Shock 3's in stock, but I believe those are NOT on clearance, right? If they are though and 90% off, then I'm running back up there to nab those bitches.;)

Pokemon plushies - $0.79 wooo!!!
2GB micro SD cards - $0.99
Walking Dead painting frame thingy - $2.99
batteries - $0.29

Got back from Pasadena, MD. Picked up the Taylor Swift album, 25 ft HDMI cable, and a 2GB micro SD with adapter memory card. Less than 6 bucks total. I double checked on the consoles there, and they said they were out. There's a tub full of the 3 ft HDMI cables and plenty of memory cards still left. There's also a few kid-sized Snuggies left. And there was one 25 ft HDMI cable on that desk which might be the only thing remaining worth a damn. I unfortunately totally forgot about checking the video games section about accessories. D'oh! I could see a Wii component cable from outside though and that appears to be on clearance from reports here.

Are those Pokemon plushies people finding the ones that include Zubat? I saw a few of those at the front of one store. They weren't marked for clearance or anything, so I passed.

[quote name='imacgod']Are those Pokemon plushies people finding the ones that include Zubat? I saw a few of those at the front of one store. They weren't marked for clearance or anything, so I passed.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I grabbed a Zubat, Sneasel, Shellos (blue), Shellos (pink), Budew, Munchlax and Riolu at the first store I went to for $.79 each. My girls should love 'em, not bad for under $6.

Anybody see any others besides the ones I listed here? I went to 2 other stores and they had far fewer and none different than what I already grabbed.

I was pretty disappointed when I went to the only store that had the Sackboy plushes close to me (15-20 as of 2 weeks ago) and was told by the cashier that someone came in and bought all of them at once on Saturday...but with all the random crap I got today, that was the only disappointment.

Went to 4 that were near me.
Honestly got so much stuff I don't know where to start my list at.
Spent $95.70 total on
8 25ft HDMI cables (2 for me, rest are gifts for my brothers)
4 4gb MicroSD cards
1 Darth Vader...bighead plushie thing
2 Hello Kitty Plushies
1 Mario Turtle Plushie that for some reason was marked %90 off
1 Rudolph's Elf Plushie
1 Alice in Wonderland TShirt in a box
Several posters ranging from DC characters, True Blood, and some Misc like Bruce Lee.
Several Framed posters - True Blood, Dexter, Green Lantern, Marvel Chrs, Dirty Harry, etc
8 Nintendo Wall Graphix (Got all 6 Chrs and an extra DK and Mario for gifts)
6" Iron Man Figure
4gb USB Drive
Koss UR40 Headphones
And a ton of the roommatespeelandstick.com stuff.
Couldn't resist Fat Head type versions of Batman, Superman, Spiderman, and Bumble Bee

[quote name='grizbo']Pretty disappointed that the one store that had 15-20 of the Sackboy plushes apparently got snatched up on Saturday by one person...but with all the random crap I got today, that was the only disappointment.[/QUOTE]
For a second there I thought you were in my neck of the woods, since the one store by me had around 10 LBP2 Sackboy plushes today when I went in to grab em.

I actually showed restraint at the last store by not buying asstons of the Taylor Swift CD and the 7-8 Koss $7.49 headphone sets they had there.
[quote name='izpep']Went to 4 that were near me.
Honestly got so much stuff I don't know where to start my list at.
Spent $95.70 total on
8 25ft HDMI cables (2 for me, rest are gifts for my brothers)
4 4gb MicroSD cards
1 Darth Vader...bighead plushie thing
2 Hello Kitty Plushies
1 Mario Turtle Plushie that for some reason was marked %90 off
1 Rudolph's Elf Plushie
1 Alice in Wonderland TShirt in a box
Several posters ranging from DC characters, True Blood, and some Misc like Bruce Lee.
Several Framed posters - True Blood, Dexter, Green Lantern, Marvel Chrs, Dirty Harry, etc
8 Nintendo Wall Graphix (Got all 6 Chrs and an extra DK and Mario for gifts)
6" Iron Man Figure
4gb USB Drive
Koss UR40 Headphones
And a ton of the roommatespeelandstick.com stuff.
Couldn't resist Fat Head type versions of Batman, Superman, Spiderman, and Bumble Bee[/QUOTE]
:lol: Your list sounds like mine. I spent around $100 too and I got like 4 of the Sony HDMI/USB sets, 4 of the 25 foot HDMI cables, 18 or so Sackboy plushes(total between last week n today), a bunch of the Kodak AAA n D batteries for $.29 each pack and a bunch of just various other stuff between Tron keychains, various band keychains, bottle openers n pins.

Oh and of course at least four Snuggies....all PINK though.:bomb:

bread's done
Back