The "It's Soda Dammit!" OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='CaseyRyback']sounds cool. Thanks for the help[/QUOTE]

sorry..you probably wanted more detail-- for a 101 course, you'll probably get bits of everything-- the development of civilizations, some social structures, various cultures, maybe some stuff about languages...you might have to do a little reading and possibly a big opinion based paper at the end of the term-- it'll be a breeze and it's interesting stuff.

[quote name='shrike4242']I wouldn't wish to use my meager skills compared to the master in the subject. :D[/QUOTE]

If you want something done right ... :lol:

Well as far as I can tell she just lost a bunch of weight, so maybe my initial "atkins" response was correct. I don't mind the skeletal look, in fact I applaud it, but it certainly wasn't necessary in her case. I will report any future findings. :cool:

[quote name='SpottedNigel']I really liked War of the Worlds...i just let myself get into it, and it was quite intense... and the alien things reminded me of the striders from Half-Life 2[/QUOTE]

So, who'd win in the lawsuit, Stephen Spielberg or Gabe Newell? :D

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Well, I read from Jimmies reported post on page 4 or 5, so I didn't read ALL of it.[/QUOTE]

I see. It's easy to forget that you have a job to do around here. :lol:

[quote name='shrike4242']So, who'd win in the lawsuit, Stephen Spielberg or Gabe Newell? :D[/QUOTE]

Gabe, but the case would go on for 6 years...

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I'm kinda feeling like watching a Jennifer Connelly movie now. I love Requiem, but it's been a long time since I saw Dark City ... :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

How is Dark City? I got it for 5 bucks, but haven't watched it.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']If you want something done right ... :lol:

Well as far as I can tell she just lost a bunch of weight, so maybe my initial "atkins" response was correct. I don't mind the skeletal look, in fact I applaud it, but it certainly wasn't necessary in her case. I will report any future findings. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Her eyes didn't change, which is a very important thing.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']I really liked War of the Worlds...i just let myself get into it, and it was quite intense... and the alien things reminded me of the striders from Half-Life 2[/QUOTE]
They reminded me more of the "inner aliens" from ID4 with legs.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']Gabe, but the case would go on for 6 years...[/QUOTE]

And they'd lose the briefs more than once, claiming theft.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']How is Dark City? I got it for 5 bucks, but haven't watched it.[/QUOTE]

I remember it being good, but when I say I haven't watched it in a while we're talking years, at least 5 of them. :lol:

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']How is Dark City? I got it for 5 bucks, but haven't watched it.[/QUOTE]

Very odd, in a Hellraiser meets Blue Velvet kind of way.

Worth five bucks, that's for sure. That being said, I haven't watched it in years, so I won't go on to say how cool I think it was until I actually see it again.

Skip it and watch City of Lost Children...similar themes, even some similar action and characters but CoLC does it all better. but it's in French.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They reminded me more of the "inner aliens" from ID4 with legs.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the Aliens themselves reminded me of ID4 (retarded fucking shortning) but thier vehicles reminded of the striders

[quote name='SpottedNigel']Yeah, the Aliens themselves reminded me of ID4 (retarded fucking shortning) but thier vehicles reminded of the striders[/QUOTE]
I've never played HL2, so....I'll take your word on it.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I remember it being good, but when I say I haven't watched it in a while we're talking years, at least 5 of them. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Well that made my decision right there. Five years is too damn long. :lol:

assoc_07.jpg

[quote name='Apossum']sorry..you probably wanted more detail-- for a 101 course, you'll probably get bits of everything-- the development of civilizations, some social structures, various cultures, maybe some stuff about languages...you might have to do a little reading and possibly a big opinion based paper at the end of the term-- it'll be a breeze and it's interesting stuff.[/QUOTE]

thanks again

[quote name='jaykrue']*sigh* ONLY in japan... DEFINITELY NSFW:
http://www.dumpafile.com/item/X3PAHfwa

Hmmm, after thinking about the content of this post, I'm reconsidering how inappropriate this might be... can any mods clarify? And if it doesn't gel well with the forum, I'll take it down - no questions asked.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

That was awesome, Cheapy's lucky he's moving. And whoever didn't see it isn't seeing it.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']:rofl:

That was awesome, Cheapy's lucky he's moving. And whoever didn't see it isn't seeing it.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, I dunno if that stuff's true or not but it does seem to be shown in a pseudo-spontaneous sort but then again, I've seen the bangbus stuff so it could be staged...

Hmmm, after thinking about the content of this post, I'm reconsidering how inappropriate this might be... can any mods clarify? And if it doesn't gel well with the forum, I'll take it down - no questions asked.[/QUOTE]
WTF!

You beat me to removing it.

That clarified enough?

Looks like Sneaky beat us both to it.

[quote name='shrike4242']You beat me to removing it.

That clarified enough?[/QUOTE]

Actually credit goes to Sneaky, I left the link up before receiving word from a mod but Sneaky took a more direct route.;):applause:

[quote name='SpottedNigel']
assoc_07.jpg
[/QUOTE]
I see some similarities like the tri-pods and he fact that they're both tall, but other than that they're much different. At least they didn't go with the simplistic 50's versions. :lol:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I see some similarities like the tri-pods and he fact that they're both tall, but other than that they're much different. At least they didn't go with the simplistic 50's versions. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Having read The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen by Alan Moore, I can never view the tripod things the same way.:lol:

[quote name='jaykrue']Actually credit goes to Sneaky, I left the link up before receiving word from a mod but Sneaky took a more direct route.;):applause:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, what she said.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I actually removed that link 3 damn times. Damn quoters.[/QUOTE]

That's some quick editting skillz u got there. :D

And to make up for the heinous link, here's Jim Lee drawing:

http://dccomics.com/features/jimlee/video.html

Totally SFW... unless you're turned on by an asian guy drawing a fully-clothed (although comic-exaggerated) pretty blonde with superpowers.

[quote name='jaykrue']That's some quick editting skillz u got there. :D

And to make up for the heinous link, here's Jim Lee drawing:

http://dccomics.com/features/jimlee/video.html

Totally SFW... unless you're turned on by an asian guy drawing a fully-clothed (although comic-exaggerated) pretty blonde with superpowers.[/QUOTE]

Respect my authori-ty!

not funny AND comic related...im a genious...

anyone else read Omac/Batman today? DAMN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back