The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

Picked up a Platinum Gamecube, 2 Platinum Wavebirds, 1 extra video cable, and Gameboy connection w/disc for $40. Wavebirds aren't going for what they used to, but I need another one since my daughter lost my 4th. Probably will swap this Gamecube out for the one I am currently using and hookup the Gameboy connection.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use to check CL all the time but I figured flipping was better time and money spent.

I just spent 2 weekends cleaning out the games/accessories that I have purchased during the past few years.
Backlog of games are too much to list.

Karkyco, keep listing your adventures with CL. I enjoy it, even though I am not the one getting those great deals :)

[quote name='punkmaggit']Getting this for $40:

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/tag/794386462.html

Platinum Gamecube w/
- attatchable screen
- one controller
- Spyro: A Hero's Tail
- One Piece
- (a different) One Piece
- Ty 2
- Crash: the Wrath of Cortex
- Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance.

I think I can at least make up what I'm paying for it.[/quote]

Very nice. I'm sso glad I decided to purchase that Fire Emblem a couple of years ago when it was like $13 or $15 used at Gamestop. I found a beautiful, mint complete copy.

[quote name='punkmaggit']Best part is, I CiF'd her $30 and she took it :)

Now if I could just find the cables to the screen, we're in business![/quote]

You meant her somewhere and then offered her less than what was agreed upon?

Well, when we met up, she couldn't find half the cables for the system (specifically, the ones for the portable screen, which is what I wanted the most). That, and she couldn't actually get the system up and running while I was there.

[quote name='Dokstarr']You meant here somewhere and then offered her less what you agreed upon?[/quote]

That sentence makes no sense.

Yeah, I saw your topc requesting suggestions on how to track down a set of cables for the thing.

The 12V AC adapter (for wallplug OR one for a car outlet) may actually be easy(ier) to find, if you can find one with the correct plug for the unit. You can even find multi-plug adapters (shaped like a +) that fit in different sized plugs. You could try Radio Shack, or even better, an electronics supply company if you have one near you. Or Fry's - you're in Vegas, there's one right off the freeway on Henderson Road I believe.

For the AV cables, don't those units have normal RCA and S Video input plugs in the back (meaning you should be able to use a Gamecube/Wii AV cable), or do they also need a special cable adapter from the gamecube to the unit?

That Fire Emblem Game is cool, I found 4 of them at a single pawn last december for $7 so i bought 2 and went back 2 weeks later and the other 2 were still there so i sent them to good homes via Ebay.

[quote name='karkyco']Yeah, I saw your topc requesting suggestions on how to track down a set of cables for the thing.

The 12V AC adapter (for wallplug OR one for a car outlet) may actually be easy(ier) to find, if you can find one with the correct plug for the unit. You can even find multi-plug adapters (shaped like a +) that fit in different sized plugs. You could try Radio Shack, or even better, an electronics supply company if you have one near you. Or Fry's - you're in Vegas, there's one right off the freeway on Henderson Road I believe.[/quote]

Yeah, it's off of Las Vegas Blvd. & the 215. It's a little far away, but it might be my best option for the power cable.

Ah, so you've frequented Vegas now and again? ;) This place can be fun if you know what to do (besides hookers & blow).

[quote name='karkyco']For the AV cables, don't those units have normal RCA and S Video input plugs in the back (meaning you should be able to use a Gamecube/Wii AV cable), or do they also need a special cable adapter from the gamecube to the unit?[/quote]

The AV input looks to be a singular plug, so I'm guessing that it's a specialized cable. Will double check tonight.

Thanks for the input!

[quote name='punkmaggit']Yeah, it's off of Las Vegas Blvd. & the 215. It's a little far away, but it might be my best option for the power cable.

Ah, so you've frequented Vegas now and again? ;) This place can be fun if you know what to do (besides hookers & blow).

The AV input looks to be a singular plug, so I'm guessing that it's a specialized cable. Will double check tonight.

Thanks for the input![/quote]

Of course there are other things to do besides hookers and blow in Vegas - GAMBLE GAMBLE GAMBLE, duh! ;)

I just got a HUGE Master System lot for only $75...with pretty much any game worth owning (all the alex kidd's, wonder boys, afterburner, both Zillions ect..) PLUS the 3D glasses that go for 60-80 dollars ALONE on ebay, the lazer gun, and even a composite RCA video cord which I've always been meaning to get for me Genesis, and 38 games!!! And every game is complete! Well not exactley, he said they were, then later said "most of them are complete" I come to find that the 6 Alex Kidd and Wonder Boy games are the only ones that don't have instructions! Oh well, I was more concerned about having the cases than the manuals anyway (for some reason I will NOT buy loose SMS or Genesis carts).

I first asked if he would just sell the games and he said he already had 4 other offers so I thought for a few minutes and told him "forget it, give me the whole lot, and I'll pay the full price you are asking right now"! I just bought a SMS the day before for $30 at play n trade, so I didn't want to buy the system again, but I realized....I could just take it back (it has a 30 day warranty) so essentially, the way I broke it down was I got a system for $30, the 3D glasses and AV cables for $10, and $38 boxed games for $35

Another cool thing, it includes the US version of Sonic the Hedgehog (I think its the US version, is there any clear way to tell?)which, I've read, is apparently the most rare SMS game (besides those new Brazilian only games) and apparently goes for 200-300 dollars on ebay (can anyone confirm if it is really that rare??)

sms.jpg

Full game list:

Alien Syndrome (two copies)
After Burner
Alex Kidd in High-Tech World
Alex Kidd in Miracle World
Alex Kidd in The Lost Stars
Altered Beast
Astro Warrior
Ayrton Senna's Super Monaco GP II
Bomber Raid
Captain Silver
Columns
Double Dragon
Fantasy Zone
Fantasy Zone - The Maze
Fantasy Zone II
Ghost House (sega card)
Hang On / Safari Hunt
Psycho Fox
Quartet
R-Type
Rampage
Rastan
RoboCop vs. The Terminator
Shinobi
Sonic the Hedgehog
Spy vs Spy (sega card)
The Lucky Dime Caper starring Donald Duck
Thunder Blade
Time Soldiers
Transbot
Wimbledon
Wonder Boy
Wonder Boy III - The Dragon's Trap
Wonder Boy in Monster Land
World Class Leader Board (golf)
Zillion
Zillion II - The Tri Formation
sms2.jpg

The only crappy thing was one of the hinges on the 3D glasses was broken so the right side falls off....however, if you just hold them in place while you put them on, they will stay on just fine, but he didn't inform me of this until the day before I was to meet up to buy them, so that kinda sucked, I would have still bought it anyway but I would have liked to known that sooner....another crappy thing was it only had 1 controller, even though the ad said "controllers" and its that older one with the freakin cord coming out of the side that is impossible to hold! at least I can still use my Genesis controller though!

That Sega Master System set is awesome, especially the price. But no Phantasy Star 1? Pfft, fail!;) There was one guy selling a HUGE SMS collection in Marina del Rey, but asking outrageous prices.

Can't you get a new screw to fix the hinge on the 3-D glasses?

BTW, I was browsing this afternoon, and came across this ad:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/tag/797046929.html

Okay, she's already removed it. They had listed under "Extras":

Mario RPG Box and Instructions (no game).

So I emailed her, asking if she'd be willing to sell me the box and instructions separately, since it would be pointless for anyone buying the collection, and how much would she want. She responded that I could just have it, so I arranged to pick it up after wrapping up at the office this evening.

The box and instructions are MINT. I don't know if Mario RPG came with a map or anything else, but now my cart only copy has a minty box and instructions, free (outside of about a gallon of gas and an hour wasted driving there and back).

[quote name='karkyco']That Sega Master System set is awesome, especially the price. But no Phantasy Star 1? Pfft, fail!;) There was one guy selling a HUGE SMS collection in Marina del Rey, but asking outrageous prices.

Can't you get a new screw to fix the hinge on the 3-D glasses?

[/quote]

no, its a little hole thats connected to the main part of the glasses that the pin goes in that is broke off.....maybe I can mold a new hole out of that putty stuff that hardens into plastic? I felt a little less mad about them being broke after I noticed on ebay that there are actually several of them being sold that have a hinge broke off (they are incredibly small...you have to really bend them to get around your head, I imagine LOTS of them ended up breaking)

even if it had Phantasy Star I'd just sell it on ebay since I've never liked RPGs

Is $20 worth it for a good condition gba sp with the charger, and these games? Madagascar, Open Season, Fastest Lap, and Pet Resort.

How much do you think that I could flip it for?

[quote name='omg itz adam']how many miles would you drive for a craigslist deal?[/quote]20 maybe 30 miles depending on how good the deal is. I drove about 20 the other day to pick up a cheap ass laptop for my gf.

Damn I live like eighty miles away from the two craigslist towns on my list so the problem is if I am going I try to set up multiple deals......

I still havent found any though damn wisco i was thinking about running an add in my paper

[quote name='omg itz adam']how many miles would you drive for a craigslist deal?[/quote]

I drove about 100 miles for that SMS deal, its not that long really, its just about 1 and a half hours north of me, and I go up there all the time anyway (It was in Cincinatti, OH)

But Im used to it because I used to live in FL on the space coast near where the shuttle goes off, and you had to drive 1-2 hours to Orlando to do ANYTHING almost everyday

[quote name='darkslime']Is $20 worth it for a good condition gba sp with the charger, and these games? Madagascar, Open Season, Fastest Lap, and Pet Resort.

How much do you think that I could flip it for?[/QUOTE]

That's a very fair deal.

[quote name='darkslime']Is $20 worth it for a good condition gba sp with the charger, and these games? Madagascar, Open Season, Fastest Lap, and Pet Resort.

How much do you think that I could flip it for?[/quote]
I think you can sell at at GS for 10 + 20 bonus

[quote name='Link927']Pink DS isnt rare, it has to be the nintendos game version[/quote]

You mean the Nintendogs version? So that explains it - I thought the pinks were discontinued. Meh, I'm not that big of a collector to hunt down different versions of the systems, but if I come across them dirt cheap in the wild, I will pick them up.

[quote name='karkyco']You mean the Nintendogs version? So that explains it - I thought the pinks were discontinued. Meh, I'm not that big of a collector to hunt down different versions of the systems, but if I come across them dirt cheap in the wild, I will pick them up.[/quote]

Oops, guess I missed that g key...I see what Nintendo did there >_>

Meant with the guy who sold me the snes, mega man collection, metroid, donkey kongs, etc. today again.

He found Super Game Boy, SNES Game Genie, Bart's Nightmare, and Mega Man X3. he wanted 20 for them, I said okay. I didn't want to bother haggling since I feel I got a pretty good deal on the SNES package and he wanted 5 bucks a game one of them going for like 60 on ebay... so that seemed fair.

The Super Game Boy is a cool toy I always wanted back when SNES was current gen but my family thought it was a waste.

I have some fond memories of Bart's Nightmare.

Game Genie I don't care about.

Mega Man X3... well its Mega Man X3 and completes my SNES Mega Man collection. Hooahh.

[quote name='crows in black']I drove about 100 miles for that SMS deal, its not that long really, its just about 1 and a half hours north of me, and I go up there all the time anyway (It was in Cincinatti, OH)

But Im used to it because I used to live in FL on the space coast near where the shuttle goes off, and you had to drive 1-2 hours to Orlando to do ANYTHING almost everyday[/QUOTE]

Not only that, but you have to pay tolls everywhere. I was down there for a few weeks and it would cost me around $6 total every time I went anywhere.

[quote name='Zing']Not only that, but you have to pay tolls everywhere. I was down there for a few weeks and it would cost me around $6 total every time I went anywhere.[/QUOTE]

Actually I just made the trip to the top of Ohio, to Toledo, and Cincinatti is near the bottom so you were coming from, ummm....Kentucky? So anywho, to the point, it's really just one straight shot and there really aren't any Toll Roads as far as I can recall. Now in Ohio itself, it can get pretty pricy.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Actually I just made the trip to the top of Ohio, to Toledo, and Cincinatti is near the bottom so you were coming from, ummm....Kentucky? So anywho, to the point, it's really just one straight shot and there really aren't any Toll Roads as far as I can recall. Now in Ohio itself, it can get pretty pricy.[/quote]

Yeah Im in Lexington, KY. There aren't any toll roads anywhere around here. In FL though I think it was 11 dollars to come in and out of Orlando. Its really ridiculous for people that actually work in Orlando and have to pay 11 dollars just to go to work every day

[quote name='Dokstarr']Meant with the guy who sold me the snes, mega man collection, metroid, donkey kongs, etc. today again.

He found Super Game Boy, SNES Game Genie, Bart's Nightmare, and Mega Man X3. he wanted 20 for them, I said okay. I didn't want to bother haggling since I feel I got a pretty good deal on the SNES package and he wanted 5 bucks a game one of them going for like 60 on ebay... so that seemed fair.

The Super Game Boy is a cool toy I always wanted back when SNES was current gen but my family thought it was a waste.

I have some fond memories of Bart's Nightmare.

Game Genie I don't care about.

Mega Man X3... well its Mega Man X3 and completes my SNES Mega Man collection. Hooahh.[/quote]

The Game Genie is actually worth like $15 on eBay if you put it up with a Buy-It-Now.

[quote name='Samus']The Game Genie is actually worth like $15 on eBay if you put it up with a Buy-It-Now.[/quote]

Good to know. I think I will have to toss that over there in a week after leaving it on my tradelist.

Thanks

I got a "broken" original xbox with three working first party controllers and all the hookups for $10. It was supposed to have problems reading disks as the lady said she just got tired of messing with it. I took it home, hooked it, and it read my only 3 xbox disks fine. I tried a couple scratched up cds and they played fine as well.

I figured I would have to at least clean the laser or adjust the laser from the inside which could still be the case in the future. I briefly considered selling it but I don't want it to not work for the buyer even though it works for me. Plus I want to have one of every previous generation major console. I think it would be cool to have an entertainment center with every "old" game console without having to spend more than $3-$20 for any of them.

I also liked the fact that she charged a good price, whereas some people want to charge more for a broken console than you can find for a good working one.

[quote name='Derock']I got a "broken" original xbox with three working first party controllers and all the hookups for $10. It was supposed to have problems reading disks as the lady said she just got tired of messing with it. I took it home, hooked it, and it read my only 3 xbox disks fine. I tried a couple scratched up cds and they played fine as well.

I figured I would have to at least clean the laser or adjust the laser from the inside which could still be the case in the future. I briefly considered selling it but I don't want it to not work for the buyer even though it works for me. Plus I want to have one of every previous generation major console. I think it would be cool to have an entertainment center with every "old" game console without having to spend more than $3-$20 for any of them.

I also liked the fact that she charged a good price, whereas some people want to charge more for a broken console than you can find for a good working one.[/quote]

She only charged you the $10 because she thought it was broken. Otherwise, I'm sure the price would've been $30-50.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']She only charged you the $10 because she thought it was broken. Otherwise, I'm sure the price would've been $30-50.[/quote]

Yeah, she told me it still plays games, but it has hard time reading them and they just got tired of it. So I just haven't experienced any problems yet.

What I have noticed is some people have systems that are downright broken and they still try to charge you $50 when you can find working ones for the same price.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']She only charged you the $10 because she thought it was broken. Otherwise, I'm sure the price would've been $30-50.[/QUOTE]

$10 is already a good deal for 3 1st party controllers and a set of Xbox hookups.

[quote name='JackSuper']$10 is already a good deal for 3 1st party controllers and a set of Xbox hookups.[/quote]

That's what I figured. I thought if I couldn't get the console to work, at least I have those.

I got Legend of Mana and Hoshigami: Running Blue Earth complete for $7.50 each. Haven't ever heard of Hoshigami before but it's a Tactical RPG so how can you go wrong?

Picked up a mint complete heavenly sword and time crisis 4 complete with box and all minty fresh for $45. Not great but pretty good considering I actually wanted these games.

Came across this ad while searching for specific game titles...

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/emd/797144500.html

I just LOVE miscategorized ads or confusing ads/ads with misspellings, which result in tasty scores.

After some back and forth by email and by phone, I just picked up Silent Hill 1 and Silent Hill 2 for a grand total of $5 ($1 for Silent Hill, and $4 for Silent Hill 2) since the guy forgot the prices he had asked (LOL) and Silent Hill 2 is missing the manual.

Silent Hill is complete, black label, and in very good condition (very few light scratches). It will be going on my tradelist.

Silent Hill 2 is missing the manual as previous stated, black label, in good condition (some light scratches). I will be putting my Greatest Hits copy on my tradelist.

I was thinking about some of the other games he had, but nothing that compelling. Sure, God of War 2 and Shadow of Colossus weren't too bad, and I probably could have gotten them for $5 each or even less, but meh.

may be off topic but I want to put my tv on craigslist (50" hitachi rear projection HDTV) what do ya guys think I would list in on CAG but I don't know exactly where the best place would be

[quote name='shadowkast']may be off topic but I want to put my tv on craigslist (50" hitachi rear projection HDTV) what do ya guys think I would list in on CAG but I don't know exactly where the best place would be[/quote]
craigslist or if on here maybe post in the regional thread for your area. Not like you can ship that.

[quote name='karkyco']Came across this ad while searching for specific game titles...

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/emd/797144500.html

I just LOVE miscategorized ads or confusing ads/ads with misspellings, which result in tasty scores.

After some back and forth by email and by phone, I just picked up Silent Hill 1 and Silent Hill 2 for a grand total of $5 ($1 for Silent Hill, and $4 for Silent Hill 2) since the guy forgot the prices he had asked (LOL) and Silent Hill 2 is missing the manual.

Silent Hill is complete, black label, and in very good condition (very few light scratches). It will be going on my tradelist.

Silent Hill 2 is missing the manual as previous stated, black label, in good condition (some light scratches). I will be putting my Greatest Hits copy on my tradelist.

I was thinking about some of the other games he had, but nothing that compelling. Sure, God of War 2 and Shadow of Colossus weren't too bad, and I probably could have gotten them for $5 each or even less, but meh.[/QUOTE]

Good find, Abe's Oddysee on PS1 would have been a good pickup, and too bad you don't have a Cube (I assume), otherwise you would have been all over those Resident Evils.

PSX w/ 15 games, including Parasite Eve II, $30.

NES w/ 16 games. I think I'll regift the system itself since I already have one, but I was excited to get Kid Icarus, Zelda II, Mega Man 2 and 4, and a bunch of others. $25.

Pokemon Colosseum plus Bonus Disc and GB to GCN link cable. I think I'll recoup my money by selling the Bonus Disc. $12.

Are any of these atari games rare?

berzerk, star wars, ET, solar storm, battle zone, 2 Combats, space invaders, vanguard, grand prix, defender and buck rogers

bread's done
Back