The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

Just found this beauty and knew worst case I'd break even trading/selling. I've been looking to pickup a nin 64 so I most likely just got 1 with games for free. Anyways, on to my find:
http://
IMG00011.jpg

64 console with all hookups
5 official controllers
1 3rd party controller
1 rumble pak
1 memory card plus
12 games:
super smash bros
mario kart 64
perfect dark
zelda ocarina of time
super mario 64
goldeneye 007
star wars shadows of the empire
turok
road rash 64
quest 64
pokemon stadium
gauntlet legends

playstation 1 console with all hookups
5 sony controllers
1 memory card
1 4 port multitap
game shark
11 games (all but 1 complete and at 1st look mint)
Resident evil 2
FFIX
xmen vs. streetfighter
mortal kombat 3
tekken 2
warhammer dark omen
gran turismo 2
soviet strike
command and conquer
namco museum vol3
metal gear solid tactical espionage action

Almost forgot the following guides:
FFIX squaresoft
FFVIII squaresoft
perfect dark brady
zelda ocarina of time prima

I'd ask what everyone would pay for this but it would be obscenely lowballish. So considering I wanted a 64 console I think I did pretty good paying
$30 for the 64 and $20 for the ps1 stuff

The ps1 stuff will all be up for trade/sell.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rmb']I think I did pretty good paying

[/quote]

Nice w/ the 64. If you flipped smash, kart, etc. you would easily make more than what you paid.

I'm actually looking for an other 64. Mine is pretty finicky these days. I want to try and pick up a yellow pikachu one somewhere for the cheap if I can find it.

[quote name='Dokstarr']Nice w/ the 64. If you flipped smash, kart, etc. you would easily make more than what you paid.

I'm actually looking for an other 64. Mine is pretty finicky these days. I want to try and pick up a yellow pikachu one somewhere for the cheap if I can find it.[/quote]

ps1 xmen vs. streetfighter doesn't seem to do too bad either

[quote name='rmb']ps1 xmen vs. streetfighter doesn't seem to do too bad either[/quote]

Big time. You did very well, considering that N64 bundle has a lot of the best games. The PS1 games are good too.

Always pick up the Capcom fighting games for SNES, PS1, Genesis, Saturn etc. because they are in such high demand, and particularly valuable as far as the PS1 versions go for the most part.

And I think we all know how valuable MvC 2 for PS2 and to a lesser degree XBox and Dreamcast are.

Some pics added, having issues getting rest up.
[quote name='rmb']Just found this beauty and knew worst case I'd break even trading/selling. I've been looking to pickup a nin 64 so I most likely just got 1 with games for free. Anyways, on to my find:

64 console with all hookups
5 official controllers
1 3rd party controller
1 rumble pak
1 memory card plus
12 games:
super smash bros
mario kart 64
perfect dark
zelda ocarina of time
super mario 64
goldeneye 007
star wars shadows of the empire
turok
road rash 64
quest 64
pokemon stadium
gauntlet legends

playstation 1 console with all hookups
5 sony controllers
1 memory card
1 4 port multitap
game shark
11 games (all but 1 complete and at 1st look mint)
Resident evil 2
FFIX
xmen vs. streetfighter
mortal kombat 3
tekken 2
warhammer dark omen
gran turismo 2
soviet strike
command and conquer
namco museum vol3
metal gear solid tactical espionage action

Almost forgot the following guides:
FFIX squaresoft
FFVIII squaresoft
perfect dark brady
zelda ocarina of time prima

I'd ask what everyone would pay for this but it would be obscenely lowballish. So considering I wanted a 64 console I think I did pretty good paying

The ps1 stuff will all be up for trade/sell.[/quote]

I was looking through craigslist and found a guy selling a complete/mint GH copy of Final Fantasy 8 for the Ps1. I e-mailed him for a price and he responded that he would take $10 for it. How's the game? Is this a good deal? Should I try to get it lower?

[quote name='kewlrabbit']I was looking through craigslist and found a guy selling a complete/mint GH copy of Final Fantasy 8 for the Ps1. I e-mailed him for a price and he responded that he would take $10 for it. How's the game? Is this a good deal? Should I try to get it lower?[/QUOTE]

It's not a terrible deal - you could find it cheaper though.

[quote name='JackSuper']It's not a terrible deal - you could find it cheaper though.[/quote] This.

On gamequestdirect.com you can still get it for about $20 brand new.

[quote name='omg itz adam']Anyone look what i missed out on at 9AM?

http://madison.craigslist.org/tag/819239347.html

:((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

CRIES[/quote]

Holy shit. But just pretend it was a bogus ad, that someone took that pic of 4 of the best/most valuable RPGs (okay Wild Arms doesn't quite cut it) on the PS1 (and complete nonetheless) to post a bogus ad to screw with people, it will make you feel better.

[quote name='karkyco']Holy shit. But just pretend it was a bogus ad, that someone took that pic of 4 of the best/most valuable RPGs (okay Wild Arms doesn't quite cut it) on the PS1 (and complete nonetheless) to post a bogus ad to screw with people, it will make you feel better.[/quote]

I think that is probably true. Most of the people who would have Suikoden 2 in the first place would probably know what it was worth, etc.

Been a good week for CL in my area. Now I couldn't believe it when I saw ace combat 3 with flight stick on there. There was 1 and the guy wanted ebay prices. Last night I look and see a complete bundle for $$$$ I call the guy and he says it is still available. I go to meet the guy and on the way there I am thinking his voice sounded familiar. Sure enough it was a guy I sold an hddvd player bundle to not that long ago. I end up getting this and I can say this thing is awesome. It really is a great setup. Not really a hot find in the sense of the price but definitely a good deal. At least at that price if I don't enjoy it that much I can get you cheapasses on here to buy it for that price + shipping cost.
GetAttachment.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
Not an amazing find, but one I'm happy about.
28mg31y.jpg

Mint/complete FF7, PE, FFT, and RotTk. Earthworm Jim, DK Contry 1 and 2, Contra, Super Contra, Simon's Quest, SMB2, and Kirby's Dreamland 3.

There was a sealed copy of Contra Force that I'm seriously thinking about going back for. Also had Ogre Battle for 50, but it was disk only. They said the case and manual are probably in one of the 15 or 20 boxes in storage. :(

Was way more than I wanted to spend but in my area the competition is too fierce to barter much but I think it was a pretty good deal.

All Games complete

Gamecube with Controller and Mem card

Zelda Twilight Princess
Res Evil
Res Evil 0
Res Evil 4
Freeloader
Import Naruto Game

PS2 Slim with 2 Logitech wireless controllers

FF7 GH Discs in Black label case
Resident Evil 2
Xenogears Non-GH
Parasite Eve 2
Metal Gear Solid Non-GH

All for $150

Decent find today.

Lunar Dragon Song (DS)
Final Fantasy III (DS)
Yu-Gi-Oh World Championship 2007 (DS)
Blitz the League (PS2)
Need for Speed Carbon (PS2)
Naruto Clash of Ninja 2 (GC)
Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II (GC)
.hack Rebirth (PS2)
$50

Okay: One find recently:

Great condtion SNES
Donkey Kong Country complete
Zombies Ate My Neighbors Complete
Congo Caper Complete
Mario World
Mario All-Stars
Super Bonk
BattleTanks 2
Lawnmower Man
Scooby Doo
Pacman 2
and a few other iffy games

Original GameBoy in real good condition in a pink fanny pack (on yeah)
Kirby Pinball
Kirby Dreamland
Boomer Asmik Adventure (or something like that forget of the top of my head)

All for 60. I thought a good deals.

----------------------------

Today I went a little crazy and spent way more than I should ever be allowed to.

The pics speak for themselves. All games in boxes are complete. Also a bunch of other manuals in there and maps (Zelda, Gaia, etc.)

CIMG2154.jpg

CIMG2155.jpg

CIMG2156.jpg

CIMG2157.jpg

CIMG2158.jpg

CIMG2161.jpg

CIMG2159.jpg

So in conclusion:

Chrono Trigger Complete
Mario RPG Complete
Kirby Dreamland 3 Complete
Lufia 2 Complete
Killer Instinct Complete and Guide
Final Fantasy 3 Complete

SNES cleaning cart
Super GameBoy

Demon Crest
Mario All-Stars
X-Men Mutant Apocalypse
Super Metroid
Mega Man X
Mega Man X2
Mario World
Mario World - Yoshi's Island
Mario Kart
Zelda: LTTP
Final Fantasy 2
Secret of Mana
Secret of Evermore
F-Zero
Illusion of Gaia
Mortal Kombat
Earthbound

Panzer Dragoon Complete
Lunacy Complete
Shining Wisdom Complete
Castlevania Symphony of the Night Complete

All and all I think it was worth the 400 I handed over. I originally just noticed it when searching though the usually crappy craigslist ads. Found it, and was surprised nobody else had gotten to it first.

---
Sorry for all the photos. I hope nobody is still using dial up (small chance, I know)

Does that Castlevania SOTN have a small tear on the bottom right corner of the back of the manual and some writing on the NOTES pages on the second to last page ?

[quote name='muhsheesuh']Does that Castlevania SOTN have a small tear on the bottom right corner of the back of the manual and some writing on the NOTES pages on the second to last page ?[/quote]

nope. the manual is in good condition and the notes section was never used.

did you think it was a copy that you traded to someone @ some point?

Dude Dokstarr, I'd say that's a worthy buy at $400. I would have probably gone for it. That's a monster score. Tell me that wasn't in LA...

Not a GREAT find, but decent.

Wild Arms 2 $5
Sonic Adventure was free because of a small mark on it.
I may also be getting Silent Hill Origins for PS2 for $10.

Has anyone ever replied to an ad to find out their friend is the one that posted it? Replied to one and it turned out it was a guy I've known since HS. Ah, small world

[quote name='Link927']Has anyone ever replied to an ad to find out their friend is the one that posted it? Replied to one and it turned out it was a guy I've known since HS. Ah, small world[/quote]

can you say "bargain"?! hehehe... unless you guys hate each other!

[quote name='allyourblood']can you say "bargain"?! hehehe... unless you guys hate each other![/quote]

Haha, well, it was gone by the time I answered, but it was just wierd that I just happened to answer his ad. Then again, I cant expect that Im the only craigslist user in my circle

[quote name='Link927']Has anyone ever replied to an ad to find out their friend is the one that posted it? Replied to one and it turned out it was a guy I've known since HS. Ah, small world[/QUOTE]

not as strange the time my friend won an ebay auction then found that it was from his cousin in the same area.

Anyone ever encountered this problem? I saw this decent deal

Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga --- $7
Advance Wars --- $5
Metroid Fusion --- $7
Final Fantasy IV --- $10
The Legend of Zelda - Alink to the Past --- $7
Castlevania - Aria of Sorrow --- $15
Super mario Advance 3 - Yoshi's Island --- $10
Tactics Ogre - The Knights of Lodis --- $15
Golden Sun --- $5
All the games were complete.

However when I tried to email I get the "message undeliverable" error. I send the email 40 mins after the listing was posted. A bit later it got flagged for removal.

[quote name='62t']Anyone ever encountered this problem? I saw this decent deal

All the games were complete.

However when I tried to email I get the "message undeliverable" error. I send the email 40 mins after the listing was posted. A bit later it got flagged for removal.[/quote]

Possible chance of fake carts? It takes more than one flag to remove if I understand, maybe people recognize the poster? Or Craigslist recognized the IP?

[quote name='Link927']Possible chance of fake carts? It takes more than one flag to remove if I understand, maybe people recognize the poster? Or Craigslist recognized the IP?[/QUOTE]

The Pics were definitely real. 3 of the games were gutted from EB and even have the sticker. The same person also made a post about DS and PC games that got flagged.

edit: pic were posted from photobucket.

[quote name='62t']The Pics were definitely real. 3 of the games were gutted from EB and even have the sticker. The same person also made a post about DS and PC games that got flagged.[/quote]

sometimes if someone finds something they really want, they'll e-mail the seller and then flag the crap out of the ad so no one else sees/replies to it. obviously, these people either have multiple IPs to work with, or they get their buddies in on it.

it's unlikely, but still possible that this is what happened.

Well it is not that hard to mask your ip address. But it was posted 10:00pm Sunday night.

Aslo here is the picture (from the original poster's photobucket)

minithin

Man, I just missed one today, although I don't know how.

The ad is gone, but this is what it entailed:

A boxed Super Nintendo with the following games:

Toy Story (complete)
Donkey Kong Country Trilogy (complete)
Super Mario Kart (complete)
Super Mario All Stars (complete)
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (complete)
Zelda: A Link to the Past (complete)
Super Mario RPG (complete) :drool:
Super Mario World (cart only)

all for $60. :angry: Later the guy had changed his asking price to $100, which still would have been a steal but the ad is gone now and he hasn't responded to my emails or calls. :whistle2:( MAN that would have been nice.

[quote name='Antic']Hey Dokstarr, are you a Western Mass resident?[/quote]

Actually from Boston. But I was heading out west that day, so it just happened to work out all the better.

[quote name='Dokstarr']Actually from Boston. But I was heading out west that day, so it just happened to work out all the better.[/quote]

Oh, just curious since that list was still up.

[quote name='punkmaggit']Man, I just missed one today, although I don't know how.

The ad is gone, but this is what it entailed:

A boxed Super Nintendo with the following games:

Toy Story (complete)
Donkey Kong Country Trilogy (complete)
Super Mario Kart (complete)
Super Mario All Stars (complete)
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (complete)
Zelda: A Link to the Past (complete)
Super Mario RPG (complete) :drool:
Super Mario World (cart only)

all for $60. :angry: Later the guy had changed his asking price to $100, which still would have been a steal but the ad is gone now and he hasn't responded to my emails or calls. :whistle2:( MAN that would have been nice.[/quote]

That is because I got it.:lol:

Don't usually find good Craigslist deals around here, but finally got one today.

All of this for $30:

Nintendo 64 System
2 N64 Controllers
Goldeneye
Pokemon Stadium
Allstar Baseball 2000
Perfect Dark
Mortal Kombat Trilogy
Wave Race 64
Sega Genesis
2 Sega Genesis Controllers
Super Street Fighter II
Kid Chameleon
Lakers vs Celtics and the NBA Playoffs
Awesome Possum
Taz-Mania
Eternal Champions
The Incredible Hulk
Quackshot
Sonic the Hedgehog
NBA Jam
Tax in Escape from Mars
Fatal Fury
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
X-Men
Mickey Mania
Mystical Fighter
Tiny Toon Adventures
Genesis 6-Pak (Sonic, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Revenge of Shinobi, Columns, Super Hang-on)

Overall, I can't complain. Still waiting to see if I can get an awesome SNES/PSX find eventually.

Picked this up the other night for $20 - Belkin Wireless G Ethernet Bridge & Game Adapter. Works perfectly with my cheap wireless router from Frys, and it can be powered via usb.

31hpzkebo7lss260ve8.jpg

I wish I could find some good deals on dreamcast games. Everytime I see a pretty good deal on dreamcast and games turns out the person wanted 70 for a dreamcast and a spindle of burned games.

got the following gaes

Advance Wars --- $5
Metroid Fusion --- $7
Castlevania - Aria of Sorrow --- $15
Tactics Ogre - The Knights of Lodis --- $15
Golden Sun --- $5

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 - Grimore of the Rift --- $15
Mario Hoops - 3 on 3 --- $7

All are complete with box except Tactic Ogre which only has box and game

bread's done
Back