The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

4 dreamcast games (Soul Calibur, Worms World Party, Grand Theft Auto 2, and Nba 2k1+ a web browser) for $4 total. The games don't have instructions, but are still in pretty good condition. Worms is an R4 on digitpress, which is kind of cool.

01020901040301030320080915c2c2b13b37d88b0b8d00a617.jpg

picked up Condemned 2 and Army of Two for $25, together. both games are in like new condition and complete with manual.

i realise that Condemned 2 can be found in some places for $10 or under, but i've been searching high and low for it at that price to no avail. i figure $12.50 apiece makes this a decent deal. add to that no driving involved (the seller was up the block from me) and no tax, and i think it's pretty nice.

BEHOLD MY EPIC SEGA GENESIS FIND!

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/ele/843316209.html

These titles all came complete:

After Burner
Altered Beast
Beast Wrestler
Captain America & the Avengers
Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse
Ecco the Dolphin
Fantasia
Greendog the Beached Surfer Dude! (lol)
Hockey (EA)
Jungle Strike
Jurassic Park
Kid Chameleon
Mortal Kombat
NBA Live '95
Quackshot
Samurai Showdown
Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Sonic Spinball
Sonic & Knuckles (cart only)
Streets of Rage
TMNT: The Hyperstone Heist
X-men

as well as a generation-1 Sega Genesis with two controllers and all the hookups. Final cost? $20 \\:D/ Had to drive a little out of my way to get it, but it was more than worth it. FINALLY, my first Sega Genesis system with (almost) all the Sonics and a couple other really choice titles to boot.

CIMG0011.jpg

[quote name='punkmaggit']BEHOLD MY EPIC SEGA GENESIS FIND!
[/quote]

nice instant collection there! some real classics in there (SoR, Kid Chameleon, Quackshot, Castle of Illusion + tons more!). enjoy it!

This guy wants to trade his PRO with Elite. Who's stupid enough to do this?

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/tag/846019890.html

Trade 360 Pro for 360 Elite?? (Costa Mesa)

Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2008-09-18, 1:20PM PDT

i want to trade my pro for an elite. mine is only a couple months old. i just want the elite to accommodate my entertainment system area..

i dont need your 120gb hard drive. just the bare console trade.. ill include a game with console trade.

if anyone is interested let me know, thanks

[quote name='jaysapathy']Debating on whether or not to go for this one..

http://provo.craigslist.org/ele/843969840.html

Looks interesting enough, no?[/quote]

I'd go for it. Be a cool discussion piece.

The only thing I sometimes worry about with old sealed stuff is that the stuff is actually not in there or some crapped up version is and its just been resealed.

But you'd never know it, because you'd never unseal it!

Gah, missed out on another CL deal, must be the 3rd or 4th in a row so far. Talked with a guy for about a week over some box sets (Worth something from 30-60 each)only for $15. And the talks just stopped as usual. I really wonder if they do decide to check the price on ebay =/

Could someone give me an opinion on whether or not this is a good find? I know nothing about the value of Genesis games/systems, but have been looking to beef up my old console/games collection. Here's the person's listing:

Original Sega Genesis (first generation) that comes with the 32X hook up, 5 controllers (3 six button, 2 three button), all necessary hook ups, and even the good 'ol cheating device, the Game Genie. The games include:
Ms. Pac-man (2), The Lawnmower Man, NHLPA Hockey '93, NFL Football '94 Starring Joe Montana, NBA Jam T.E., World Championship Soccer, NHL '95, Wolfchild, The Incredible Hulk, Lethal Enforcers II: Gun Fighters, Chakan, Skitchin', Zaxxon's Motherbase 2000 (32X), Shadow Squadron (32X), Super Street Fighter 2 (2), T2: The Arcade Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters, General Chaos, T2: Judgement Day, Wayne Gretzsky and the NHLPA All Stars, Jewel Master, Vectorman, WWF Royal Rumble, Battletoads/Double Dragon, Pele!, The Lion King, Moto Cross (32X), World Series Baseball, Spider-Man, Shaq-Fu, NHL All-Star Hockey, Wolverine: Adamantium Rage, Maximum Carnage, Mike Dikta Power Football, NHL '96, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist, Ahh! Real Monsters, X-Men, Judge Dredd, and Ren and Stimpy.
Only selling as a lot. Price is NEGOTIABL

It seems as though he has the original boxes for the games, since he has a few pictures. Is this a steal or not so much? His asking price is $75, but he's taking offers.

[quote name='Maromi']Could someone give me an opinion on whether or not this is a good find? I know nothing about the value of Genesis games/systems, but have been looking to beef up my old console/games collection. Here's the person's listing:

It seems as though he has the original boxes for the games, since he has a few pictures. Is this a steal or not so much? His asking price is $75, but he's taking offers.[/quote]

Over 40 games, a 32X and numerous controllers and $75 isn't a steal of a deal?

Not to mention the fact that he has the aweomest game for the Genny ever: SHAQ-FU. That game is worth like.....more than the universe. :lol:

Seriously though, a Genesis(and 32X) and all of those games for $75 is well worth it. I know there's going to be some lowballers who will come in here and say 'offer him $5 for it all', but it's really up to you in the end.

Personally, if he has tons of pictures showing boxes for most of the stuff, I'd just take it for $75.

Now here's something worth calling about...but at this cheap it might be stolen.

PS2 ALMOST NEW VERY CHEEP!!! - $20 (Kennewick)

Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2008-09-22, 4:06PM PDT

I am selling a PS2 with games and controllers for $20!! I just don't like this anymore so please buy it from me!

Call ANYTIME!! I'm desperate to get rid of it!

So should I call him?

Complete in box with Styrofoam and inserts Turbo Express. Also got these games: Alien Crush, Pac land, Power Golf, Vigilante and Impossimole with there cases.

[quote name='Access_Denied']Just bought a 60GB PS3 in mint condition for $340. Hard drive is dead though. Not that big of a deal, but a good one none the less.[/QUOTE]

Not a great deal at all, especially with that dead hard drive. Used 60 gigs go for around the same price on ebay with a working hdd.

[quote name='muhsheesuh']Not a great deal at all, especially with that dead hard drive. Used 60 gigs go for around the same price on ebay with a working hdd.[/quote]

Well, a new hard drive can be picked up pretty cheap. Like $40 or so. And 60GB PS3s usually go for about $380.

But, how is this deal. That same PS3, plus the following games, all for $425.

Motorstorm
MGS4
Madden 08
MLB The Show 08
NCAA College Basketball
NBA 2k7

I don't know though. Is this a fairly good deal? Or should I go for like $400?

[quote name='Access_Denied']Well, a new hard drive can be picked up pretty cheap. Like $40 or so. And 60GB PS3s usually go for about $380.

But, how is this deal. That same PS3, plus the following games, all for $425.

Motorstorm
MGS4
Madden 08
MLB The Show 08
NCAA College Basketball
NBA 2k7

I don't know though. Is this a fairly good deal? Or should I go for like $400?[/quote]

get rid of the sports games and go cheaper.

unaware people are really milking the "backwards compatible out-of-print" 60 gigs by pricing them above market value
id look for another seller if you cant haggle him under 300 for just the ps3 itself
i see a couple 60 and 80 gig ps3's on my local craigslist selling for 270

Well, I couldn't find a better deal, so I got him down to $395 for the whole bundle. Might be a mediocre deal, but I don't have to wait for shipping, and it's in immaculate condition. Besides, I got $50 for free today, so that makes up for it.

Man it was a good week on craigslist. Yesterday i picked up a turbo grafx 16 with 3 games. I paid 45 which is kinda high but its so hard to find it. Then today i picked up chrono triiger and final fantasy vii for about 70 for both. I know it's high on those but it paid off later. I was on craigslist and saw a playstation bundle for sale. I checked it and the lady had final fantasy 7 black label with 8 other games and the system for 20. When I got home I checked the condition and it was practically brand new only like 2 minor scratches on disc one and the other 2 discs lookied like theyve never been played.

Might have to bite on this one
Nintendo Wii for sale. Comes with the following: $180

• Wii Sports disc
  • Wii remote + nunchuck
  • Power adapter
  • AV Cables
  • Sensor Bar

http://kpr.craigslist.org/ele/857723370.html

I emailed him he lives about an hr away.

I asked him if he still had the warrant, the condition, etc...

His repsonse

"
He said it doesnt have a warranty, and the unit is over a year old. Its in good condition, a
few scratches from normal use and all, the only thing its missing is
the gamecube controller door. There also is no stand."

So missing the GC controller door who cares, and I can lay it on its side. Think I should offer him $150 or just try to get it at that price?

[quote name='kube00']Might have to bite on this one

• Wii Sports disc
  • Wii remote + nunchuck
  • Power adapter
  • AV Cables
  • Sensor Bar

His repsonse

"
He said it doesnt have a warranty, and the unit is over a year old. Its in good condition, a

So missing the GC controller door who cares, and I can lay it on its side. Think I should offer him $150 or just try to get it at that price?[/quote] Its probably gone if you haven't gotten it yet.

Nope the Wii is still available.

But I got several ps1 games case only for $3 Tekken 3, Virtual Kasparov, SW Jedi Power Battles, Gran Turismo 2, WCW Nitro, NBA Jam TE, Area 51, Track and Field 2000, Tyco RC, only ones worth anything are GT, Tekken, Jedi Power Battles, and Virtual Kasparov, all of them will go to Goozex and on my TL.

I've found some decent postings for MGS 3 subsistence, Symphony of the Night, and others, but I can't get 90% of the sellers I email to reply. Is it a good practice to offer a little more than the value listed to "outbid" competitive buyers?

[quote name='wolfpackgamer']I've found some decent postings for MGS 3 subsistence, Symphony of the Night, and others, but I can't get 90% of the sellers I email to reply. Is it a good practice to offer a little more than the value listed to "outbid" competitive buyers?[/QUOTE]

Yea if it is a good deal offer extra and to meet right away. Also if they are selling it along with some crappy games make an offer to buy everything.

Got a premium 360, 2 wireless controllers, Halo 3 (No Manual), Gears of War (No Manual), and GTA IV for $180. The games weren't in the condition the seller stated, but the 360 is working well.

Not the best deal, but it's decent IMO

[quote name='lolwut?']Got a premium 360, 2 wireless controllers, Halo 3 (No Manual), Gears of War (No Manual), and GTA IV for $180. The games weren't in the condition the seller stated, but the 360 is working well.

Not the best deal, but it's decent IMO[/quote]

It's not an epic deal but still a pretty damn good deal! I would've jumped on that and I have a 360 and all those games....Nice!

[quote name='kube00']Might have to bite on this one

• Wii Sports disc
  • Wii remote + nunchuck
  • Power adapter
  • AV Cables
  • Sensor Bar

His repsonse

"

So missing the GC controller door who cares, and I can lay it on its side. Think I should offer him $150 or just try to get it at that price?[/quote]
You can buy a replacement GC cover from nintendo.com for $1

I am happy with my deal. It was a xbox360 elite with everything + another wireless control + one play and charge kit + halo3 no manual + gears of war + Call of duty 4 . I cant believe he only wanted 225 for it. i dialed his number so fast. i was so glad i saw it a few min after he posted it. i love having internet on my psp lol

Edit: oh cool my post was number 777. oh nd that girl in the sig of the person above me is pretty hot

I would haggle him down to $165 or something. The stand only costs you $5 from the Nintendo store. The GC controller door costs you $1. Don't low-ball him with $150 when the stuff it's missing is only worth $6. Just trying to help you out. He might catch on and go check out the prices on ebay and then you're really screwed.

Yea the Wii was sold the next time I contacted him. But what about an xbox for $25.
"...Selling my Xbox. It has component video cables and a couple games (Halo, Halo2, Fable, and one or two others) Its just taking up space in my closet. It works great and has a bunch of music on it.."

Thinking about getting him to drop to $15

Also going to go pick up the (The) Legend of Zelda (Collector's Edition) for GC for $10 mint and complete

[quote name='kube00'] But what about an xbox for $25.[/quote]

Not bad if you want an Xbox.

One I'm getting tomorrow, and one I'm trying to get for less than asking price (in respective order):

Hi, For sale I have an old school Panasonic Real 3DO system. Its in great condition and also included are all of the cables, a controller, and 12 games. The list of games includes:

* John Madden Football
* The Need for Speed
* Space Hulk
* Theme Park
* Fifa Soccer
* Samuri Showdown
* PGA Tour 96
* Off World Inteceptor
* Crash N' Burn
* D

Seller wanted $50. I offered $40 and he said it was a bit too low, so we met in the middle at $45. What do you guys think?

Up for sale is my 22" LCD Widescreen LG monitor.

Model# L226W

Selling for $260 @ Circuit City, asking $180 OBO

This model is 4 months old - I have a new laptop and I'm never hooking into this monitor anymore. Perfect condition, no dead pixels.

I offered $120, but I think I scared him off with a lowball. If he doesn't email me back by tomorrow night, I'll bump it up to $150. I need something better than my 14" 480P Panasonic to play my 360 on, and this thing does 720P.

[quote name='62t']Yea if it is a good deal offer extra and to meet right away. Also if they are selling it along with some crappy games make an offer to buy everything.[/quote]

But see, offering MORE than what the people want AND agreeing to meet quickly raises red flags with some people. They might be like 'hmmmm I wonder why they want this so badly they're willing to give me more money for it and meet so soon?', then they search on Ebay and suddenly, they pull their ad and list the stuff on Ebay.

NEVER offer people more than what they want.

Oh and lolwut?.....a 3DO for $45 fuckin' dollars? Why the hell can't my local CL be like that? All I get are people wanting to sell PS1's for 'free' after you buy 15 shitty old games for $300.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Oh and lolwut?.....a 3DO for $45 fuckin' dollars? Why the hell can't my local CL be like that? All I get are people wanting to sell PS1's for 'free' after you buy 15 shitty old games for $300.[/quote]

Trust me, it's not usually like this. I've been PS3 hunting lately and everyone wants way more than they are worth; $350 for 40GB with 4 games!!! Turns out they are like Madden 07 and MLB 2K7. There were a couple good deals I missed out on though. One guy was giving his kid's PS3 away first come first serve because he got suspended (after calling, me and my dad think this might've been a scam), and some other guy selling one for $150 because he broke up with his girlfriend or something random like that.

I just happened to stumble across the 3DO while looking through the general "electronics" section and shot the guy an e-mail. Lucky for me he lives right across the street from my campus, so I'm going to go pick it up after class tomorrow morning :bouncy:

[quote name='kewlrabbit']http://iowacity.craigslist.org/ele/876157613.html

It looks interesting, but the price is probably too high. You guys think I should try and low-ball (and how much, I'm not too familiar with CL) or just forget it? I might be able to sell the ps2 and snes for a few bucks, since I already have both of those.[/QUOTE]

Nomad, boxed 5200, PS2, not that bad. I'd offer 60-70 bucks and try and grab it.

bread's done
Back