The Official "PS3 Ebay Scalpers Wall of Shame"

[quote name='Zing']Haha, so they have now resorted to photoshopping in the hotties instead of using their girlfriend/sister/mom.[/QUOTE]

lol, photoshop tries to rescue some people by working it's magic again. :lol:

I HAD to bid on that last one, even if for the comedic value of the listing, it had me cracking up!

..and no I didnt bid 1000 or anything like that

[quote name='zman73']I HAD to bid on that last one, even if for the comedic value of the listing, it had me cracking up!

..and no I didnt bid 1000 or anything like that[/QUOTE]

Are you the mysterious "Bidder 4"? Damn, I hate this new ebay "feature".

[quote name='io']Are you the mysterious "Bidder 4"? Damn, I hate this new ebay "feature".[/QUOTE]

I agree because this protects people who bid on their own item. I've had problems with like a few of the TODAY ALONE. Anyways, I kinda do like in some ways, no I don't get random people I don't know on eBay messaging me about how I can sell their items and shit.

That's right with the identities protected ebay is a shill bidders paradise althought I don't think the system will allow you to bid on your own stuff (using the same account the listing was created from). They don't jack around with that stuff and will shut down an account in a heartbeat if it's reported.

[quote name='Chitown021']That's right with the identities protected ebay is a shill bidders paradise althought I don't think the system will allow you to bid on your own stuff (using the same account the listing was created from). They don't jack around with that stuff and will shut down an account in a heartbeat if it's reported.[/quote]

True, buy many people have two accounts or use a family member or friends account to jack up prices.

[quote name='spamfree2']

83aa_1.JPG

[/QUOTE]

So he's buying a.... ummm... something and... has... something... money! It's money... in his... ummm... hand.... I'm sorry. I was totally distracted...

[quote name='oasisboy']
5353_12.JPG

bfg0011.jpg

Does she look like Meg from Family Guy???

If they ever make a Family Guy movie with real people, she needs to audition for the role of Meg!!![/QUOTE]

She's hot...I like her.

But then again, I love Meg.

[quote name='TurkeyOnRye']So he's buying a.... ummm... something and... has... something... money! It's money... in his... ummm... hand.... I'm sorry. I was totally distracted...[/QUOTE]

On a completely different subject, those are the biggest breasts I've ever seen on a CC employee..the girls at all the CC I've been too are very slender or shapeless blobs of fat

[quote name='sarausagi']On a completely different subject, those are the biggest breasts I've ever seen on a CC employee..the girls at all the CC I've been too are very slender or shapeless blobs of fat[/QUOTE]

Are you sure it is a woman? Most of the guys working at my circuit city are somewhat heavy in the man boobs area :)

Well, except for the CC pic there hasn't been much in the way of updates to this thread. But since it is up for a Cheapy award, let's keep it going. There really isn't much out there any more (though there are still many many PS3's for sale):

1c72_1.JPG

3900_1.JPG

Oh man, he's been trying to sell this thing since Dec. 11th... Ouch...

7549_12.JPG

Not bad - $499 for a 60GB with a 2 year Best Buy warranty. This person bought it off ebay to sell closer to Christmas. Oops...

And that's about it. No people pictures except for hairy-arm guy there. Of course, this old favorite is being used again, but by a different seller :roll::

9e9b_1.JPG

[quote name='sarausagi']On a completely different subject, those are the biggest breasts I've ever seen on a CC employee..the girls at all the CC I've been too are very slender or shapeless blobs of fat[/quote]

I second that, now if only we had a lovely face to match those breasts...

At least the CC chicks are decent looking, the EB - Gamestop chicks are either fat or look like they enjoy punk music...

[quote name='oasisboy']I second that, now if only we had a lovely face to match those breasts...

At least the CC chicks are decent looking, the EB - Gamestop chicks are either fat or look like they enjoy punk music...[/QUOTE]

Hey man, you are getting WAY off-topic on your own thread. Remember when you got all over me for that? ;)

I disagree though - there's one EB I go to occasionally that has a total gamer babe working there. She's one of the few women I've ever seen working at an EB, actually.

[quote name='panasonic']
gabewasted.jpg
[/quote]

You guys don't act like you know this, but that's a photoshopped picture. The face belongs to Gabe Newell, co-founder of Valve (they made Half-Life).

Image32.jpg

Took a quick look at ebay... It still amazes me how many PS3's are for sale but people seemed to have stopped including themselves in the pictures.

[quote name='Chitown021']Took a quick look at ebay... It still amazes me how many PS3's are for sale but people seemed to have stopped including themselves in the pictures.[/QUOTE]

More should come later this month, of course, mostly on the UK section.

[quote name='mkda']More should come later this month, of course, mostly on the UK section.[/quote]

Oh yeah that's right. I wonder if they'd pay scalper prices now for a technically superior US unit? (Since the US units actually have the PS2 chip in them). I've got plenty of them in my area I can buy and ship to them right now. ;)

[quote name='Chitown021']Oh yeah that's right. I wonder if they'd pay scalper prices now for a technically superior US unit? (Since the US units actually have the PS2 chip in them). I've got plenty of them in my area I can buy and ship to them right now. ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm actually getting excited about this unit. Couple weeks ago we had the rumor that Sony was shrinking the Cell to 65nm and removing/shrinking a couple other chips. Nobody has mentioned this. But I'd lay 10:1 odds the new model is gonna have the 65nm processor. Which means it's gonna run significantly cooler (which is nice if you live in a climate where a portable space heater isn't a bonus.)

Sold my launch PS3 (that I waited 45 minutes for at EB) for a BIN/Immediate payment of 2000.00. Was gonna pick up my PS3 when Motorstorm hit, but now I'm waiting till April to see if I'm right. Just wish one of the videogame "journalist" sites would apply a little journalism skill and see if the 65nm Cell is part of this new model.

[quote name='PaulG']I'm actually getting excited about this unit. Couple weeks ago we had the rumor that Sony was shrinking the Cell to 65nm and removing/shrinking a couple other chips. Nobody has mentioned this. But I'd lay 10:1 odds the new model is gonna have the 65nm processor. Which means it's gonna run significantly cooler (which is nice if you live in a climate where a portable space heater isn't a bonus.)

Sold my launch PS3 (that I waited 45 minutes for at EB) for a BIN/Immediate payment of 2000.00. Was gonna pick up my PS3 when Motorstorm hit, but now I'm waiting till April to see if I'm right. Just wish one of the videogame "journalist" sites would apply a little journalism skill and see if the 65nm Cell is part of this new model.[/quote]

Damn that was my original plan. I was hoping to snag one launch unit and "flip" it for a free one later and some holiday cash. Unfortunately my plans fell through.

[quote name='Chitown021']Damn that was my original plan. I was hoping to snag one launch unit and "flip" it for a free one later and some holiday cash. Unfortunately my plans fell through.[/QUOTE]That's what I planned to do too, but my first ps3 came too late. Most I was getting was $100 over the retail price. Could've sold it but then my x'mas break would be boring. :D

[quote name='Chitown021']Bump. this thread has gone dormant and that makes me sad....[/QUOTE]
Yeah, ps3s are not being sold as much now.

I was archiving all these photos at one point, planning on converting them into multiple animated gifs.

I broke them down into categories:

- Oops! I Bought Too Many (for the ones with 3+ PS3s pictured)
- Sex Sells (Obvious models/girlfriends posing in skimpy clothing/suggestive poses w/ PS3)
- Pity Me (The ones who posed their kids with the PS3 and gave a sob story about ruined Christmas as well as the "help me fund my college fund/wife stay home fund" types)

I had planned on submitting them to all the gaming sites and usual places, but things have been hectic with a baby on the way :D

The multiple PS3 ones crack me up all the time.. I think the most I saw pictured was 18 in one shot.

Haha, your lucky to break even nowadays. If that 65nm Processor bit is true, I'mma sell mine off so I can pick that up....maybe.

I have felt the heat on my PS3, so cooler would be nicer, specially since everything I have seems to be putting out high temps all of a sudden: My PC, my car, the weather, my printer, my head, my ass...the list goes on and on :lol:

[quote name='spamjizz']This thread kicked so much ass, I'm glad it won "Thread of the Year"![/quote]

I am honored to win this award... :applause:

I've heard that a lot of these somewhat ridiculous ebay auctions are actually ways for people to launder money. I don't know the truth of it, but I read it some place. That might explain the craziness of it.

I really didn't know where to put this but this brought back all the sad stories of people trying to sell their ps3...

This story is pretty sad but pathetic at the same time, so here it goes...

This guy is selling all of his videogames in order to pay for his dog's hospital bill...

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZeckss

Here you can donate to his "cause" and find out more about his sad story :roll:
http://cgi.ebay.com/PUPPY-DOG-TOY-R...ryZ20743QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ALL PROCEEDS ARE GOING TOWARD PAYING FOR THE SURGERY OF MY BABY PUG PUPPY WHO WAS HIT BY A CAR IN A PRIVATE PARKING LOT ON WEDNESDAY. HE JUST HAD SURGERY AND IT COSTS OVER $5,000. THE DRIVER NEVER STOPPED. PLEASE HELP ME!

81f9_1.JPG

bread's done
Back