The one and only CAG Super Smash Brothers Brawl Tournament! Beef vs. JoeB, FINALS!!!!

hey so i guess i still cant connect to spaz. He said he will just resign if we cant play by this morning. So will i be able to move onto round 2 or is it too late?

hey sleepy, you still see me as awaiting? We can try it one more time and see how if I can join your room. I'll PM you.

What you two could do is sign on, but don't make a room. Just wait for a minute, and it should ge rid of the "Waiting" message.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']What you two could do is sign on, but don't make a room. Just wait for a minute, and it should ge rid of the "Waiting" message.[/quote]

I swear to god we've done everything. We were trying for almost 3 straight hours by just being on, readding the codes, playing a brawl match at the same time, all kinds of shit. Hopefully we'll just have better luck this time.

[quote name='suko_32']lol. I was like, who's B-Mac? Oh well, he's probably not that good. I'll use Olimar to screw around and practice with him. Oh fuck, it's Beef! I was surprised I actually did pretty well with Olimar against you. Then again, he seems to be super effective on you. Too bad I still lost :lol:[/quote]
That'll learn ya. ;)
[quote name='BlueLobstah']
Yeah, but you still pulled the win, so justice served eh?[/quote]
Indeed. The less Olimars I see, the better.

Ok so we finally were able to play together. It was pretty laggy, not sure whether it was my end or his, (im getting the nintendo lan adapter tomorrow thank god) but it was gg all around.

Round 1 - Olimar (me) vs Metaknight (spazx)

Round 2 - Lucas (me) vs Metaknight (spazx)

Round 3 - Lucas (me) vs Metaknight (spazx)

Winner = Me

Now i dont know if were too late now or if there are even anymore opponents for round 2 but yeah, i won and it was fun. I'm mostly in this tournament to get more peoples freind codes so me and my brother can play. Doesn't seem like anyone is adding me from the brawl friend code list thread. Looking forward to facing more of you guys. btw, random maps suck. We got electroplankton and that metroid map that flips upside down. So many suicides lol.

Glad to see your connection problems got fixed. Pairings list updated!

sleepy, you're up against AmigoOne. It ain't too late, so go for it!

We got ours done as well.

dyeknom d. bigl523
Match 1: Mr. Game and Watch (me) d. Toon Link (BigL)
Match 2: Mr. Game and Watch (me) d. Toon Link (BigL)
Match 3: Toon Link (BigL) d. Mr Game and Watch (me)

Good fights! He's really good with his Boomerang, much to my dismay! Second Match was intensely fun, too. Look forward to more Brawls!

[quote name='dyeknom']We got ours done as well.

dyeknom d. bigl523
Match 1: Mr. Game and Watch (me) d. Toon Link (BigL)
Match 2: Mr. Game and Watch (me) d. Toon Link (BigL)
Match 3: Toon Link (BigL) d. Mr Game and Watch (me)

Good fights! He's really good with his Boomerang, much to my dismay! Second Match was intensely fun, too. Look forward to more Brawls!
[/QUOTE]

I may of missed something, but if you won the first 2 matches, why did you play match 3? lol

thats sort of like batting in the bottom of the 9th when your already up 1 run.

[quote name='Drnick']I may of missed something, but if you won the first 2 matches, why did you play match 3? lol

thats sort of like batting in the bottom of the 9th when your already up 1 run.[/quote]

Because neither of us left. Why NOT play more Brawl? That's what you should be asking yourself :)

[quote name='dyeknom']Because neither of us left. Why NOT play more Brawl? That's what you should be asking yourself :)[/quote]

Exactly. In round 1, mofo and I played our three matches, and then about three more. Practice is good any time. :D

Well hopefully the match wouldn't be longer than 3 minutes, then one of the CAGs in the finals could send the replay to someone who has the ability to transfer the video over to the computer (like BlueLobstah).

[quote name='yukine']Well hopefully the match wouldn't be longer than 3 minutes, then one of the CAGs in the finals could send the replay to someone who has the ability to transfer the video over to the computer (like BlueLobstah).[/quote]
I would think the finals would take forever since they would be the 2 "best" in the tourny.

Just beat my opponent, I think you need more practice man. Sorry I had to spike you at the end, I like to finish my matches like that ;)

Mr. Beef, I'm looking forward to our match :p

[quote name='Riyonuk']Just beat my opponent, I think you need more practice man. Sorry I had to spike you at the end, I like to finish my matches like that ;)[/quote]

nah, its cool. Yea, i suck :cry:. Did u get any lag on your end? There was like a 1 sec delay on my end and could not adjust to it. oh well good game

[quote name='ZerotypeX']nah, its cool. Yea, i suck :cry:. Did u get any lag on your end? There was like a 1 sec delay on my end and could not adjust to it. oh well good game[/quote]

Yeah, but it wasn't that bad, it was funny because many times we would dash at eachother, and press a button to late. Heh, adjusting to lag is hard.

UltimoRey vs. KaineZero
round 1 - Toon Link vs peach - old school DK stage- my first fight on that level
I bounce off of DK and die. He suicide bombs us with a babomb. He knocks me into DK i die. WInner KZ
round 2 Sonic -vs. peach. - Pitt's level
I nearly fall off in first second of match. He proceeds to beat me 3-2, wiht my last death being one punch after his respawn (not that hard of a hit eaither).
wineer KZ.
Thus falls Ultimo.

how about BlueLobsta is invited to the final (if he does not make it), self destructshis character at the beginning of each game, and record the game while doing that.

[quote name='bardiya27']how about BlueLobsta is invited to the final (if he does not make it), self destructshis character at the beginning of each game, and record the game while doing that.[/quote]

That's an idea, but won't it contribute to the lag? But yeah, that is a really good idea.

Yea, it's the second time I've posted it hahahaha.

It won't contribute to lag once that 3rd person is eliminated. I've played in some really laggy FFA games, and as soon as it comes down to the last two it gets pretty smooth.

I thought of that... but I was thinking having a third person connected would contribute to lag.

We'll just have to work something out once we're closer to the finals. I'd love to watch those matches though.

[quote name='yukine']I thought of that... but I was thinking having a third person connected would contribute to lag.

We'll just have to work something out once we're closer to the finals. I'd love to watch those matches though.[/quote]

Already counting yourself out? ;)

[quote name='bardiya27']how about BlueLobsta is invited to the final (if he does not make it), self destructshis character at the beginning of each game, and record the game while doing that.[/QUOTE]

I don't mind. But it should be up to whoever is in the finals. If they don't mind, then I'm all for it, provided they don't already have their own means of recording.

[quote name='UltimoRey']UltimoRey vs. KaineZero
round 1 - Toon Link vs peach - old school DK stage- my first fight on that level
I bounce off of DK and die. He suicide bombs us with a babomb. He knocks me into DK i die. WInner KZ
round 2 Sonic -vs. peach. - Pitt's level
I nearly fall off in first second of match. He proceeds to beat me 3-2, wiht my last death being one punch after his respawn (not that hard of a hit eaither).
wineer KZ.
Thus falls Ultimo.[/quote]
you did good with that toon link kill to take my first life though. i got super greedy.

also, peaches forward-air attack kills even if it doesn't look like it hits hard =)

[quote name='crystalklear64']Just got back from class. Whats the deal?[/quote]

Hehe, I'm pretty sure you're the only one who can answer that. Did you ever get a hold of RAM?

Okay, got your FC. Mine's in my sig. I'm going to start with Battlefield. Good luck!

EDIT: Lame, we got DC'd. Let's try again and just not count that. Good warm up!

EDIT2: Or not. :/ I hope your internet recovers.

EDIT3: Why did I italicize internet?

Yea lol sorry about that. Entire apartment complex went down. Its back for now, you can count that first one as a win if you want for the inconvenience.

Oh, okay. I'll jump back on. Give me just a second.

EDIT: Good games, CK! Here's the breakdown:
King Dedede (JoeB1223) d. Falco (crystalklear64)
King Dedede (JoeB1223) d. Marth (crystalklear64)
Ike (crystalklear64) d. Zelda (JoeB1223)

Winner: JoeB1223

Thanks for staying up this late, CK64!

That was a fun game Dmunkee, especially the war of the pits. I laughed every time we both put up shields thinking we were each going to shoot arrows.

Winner is Joe.

Also, apparently Dedede can make Dragoon parts appear as well as poison mushrooms. Seems kinda iffy in a no item tournament.

Got a chance to try some new characters though so it was all good.

bread's done
Back