The one and only CAG Super Smash Brothers Brawl Tournament! Beef vs. JoeB, FINALS!!!!

good game marc, i did not expect a mario player.

btw a lot of the fun of this game is taken out without items.

oh and sorry about rejecting you dkmkny, we were getting our matches done, i was gon' set up another room when i was done but you were already offline.

[quote name='bardiya27']

oh and sorry about rejecting you dkmkny, we were getting our matches done, i was gon' set up another room when i was done but you were already offline.[/quote]

Hey no problem, I kinda assume that when 2 players are in a room together they might be doing a tourney round :) I would have loved to play some more, but It's getting late over here, and my energy was drained doing 1v1s against Khaos.

So, by deadline, it appears everyone played except for seanr1221 vs. Pestilence. Unless I missed something.

Also, I need to stop checking this thread so obsessively.

[quote name='JoeB1233']True story. Yet, your reputation precedes you. I've heard nothing but high praise for your ability in smashing brothers.[/QUOTE]

I found that funny for some reason.

[quote name='JoeB1233']So, by deadline, it appears everyone played except for seanr1221 vs. Pestilence. Unless I missed something.

Also, I need to stop checking this thread so obsessively.[/QUOTE]

I'm eagerly awaiting the result of this match, as the winner is my next opponent..

what happens if they can never get their game done?

I messaged him about getting it done tonight. The first night he said he got held up at the car dealership, and last night I was out and not at my computer, so I missed his PM.

Hopefully it should be done tonight....I know nothings going on for me atleast.

No problem, I'm patient but I'm sure others are waiting to start round 3.

if it takes another day or so, not a big deal

[quote name='seanr1221']I messaged him about getting it done tonight. The first night he said he got held up at the car dealership, and last night I was out and not at my computer, so I missed his PM.

Hopefully it should be done tonight....I know nothings going on for me atleast.[/quote]

that works for me, ill be there. ill PM u with a time.

and to everyone else, sorry about takin so long, life is the number one deterent of gaming, and i hate it.

[quote name='Pestilence']that works for me, ill be there. ill PM u with a time.

and to everyone else, sorry about taking so long, life is the number one deterent of gaming, and i hate it.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I know what ya mean, Life is the reason I still haven't finished Mass Effect.... well, Life and Smash bros. coming out ;-)

al0803252255binoutvo4.jpg

I'm coming for you JoeyAB! Also, assuming round 3 starts today, when can you play?

Wow, that's creepy!

Um, I can play pretty much whenever. I don't have anything scheduled for today, so it's just a matter of getting me when I'm not eating, erranding, etc. How about yourself?

[quote name='JoeB1233']Wow, that's creepy!

Um, I can play pretty much whenever. I don't have anything scheduled for today, so it's just a matter of getting me when I'm not eating, erranding, etc. How about yourself?[/QUOTE]

I can do Saturday, most of Sunday, and most of Monday. Also, sorry for spelling your name wrong. It must of been late.

sean, gg man. I dont play against many marth's that are that good. too bad two of my deaths on the second match were my fault, lmao...

o well, it was fun, glad to lose fair and square.

[quote name='seanr1221']Yea sorry I kind of came off rude in my PM to you...I wanted to move things along so I could go back to Bully ^__^[/quote]

lmao, its all good. i thought i was pretty good, but apparently not, you fast ass mofo's run circles around me, i need a better strat against yall...

I just beat SeanR1211 in 2 battles. great game

we had a problem in the 2d game where items appeared, but both him and I had items turned off.... it was strange.

I tried to save the replay for the match, but sean hit A too fast and I couldn't save it (it made me leave the "link wins" screen)

if that happens, is there any way to save the replay after?

Sorry for the mysterious absence the past 2 days, everyone. Although, from the looks of things, it doesn't look like I missed much...well, maybe one thing, but that's over and done now. Glad things worked out peacefully in the end.

I updated the front page with the round 3 pairings, and the deadline is Monday at midnight.
I'm paired against dmunkee, but I can't have our match right now, as I'm kinda of busy today. I may be free later on today, so we could possibly play then, or if not, tomorrow.

@Drnick: Wow, you already had your match? Seems good. Also, once you leave that screen, your replay chances are out the window. Sorry, man.

Riyo, when do we throw down? I'm actually getting quite nervous at this point. In general, I mean.

But the lag should be good. Comfort, eh? I'm over in College Station. But I admit I have no idea where Comfort is.

I just faced off against suko. Here are the results.

King Dedede (JoeB1223) d. Falco (suko_32)
King Dedede (JoeB1223) d. King Dedede (suko_32)
Marth (suko_32) d. King Dedede (JoeB1223)

Winner: JoeB1223

Man, these matches are becoming insane. It literally is coming down to luck to decide who moves one. Close and great games, suko!

[quote name='Strell']Riyo, when do we throw down? I'm actually getting quite nervous at this point. In general, I mean.

But the lag should be good. Comfort, eh? I'm over in College Station. But I admit I have no idea where Comfort is.[/quote]

Comfort...is like in the middle of nowhere >_>

I can play whenever. Are you busy tomorrow?

[quote name='Strell']I don't have plans for tomorrow at all, so we should be able to put something together.[/quote]

Well it's 11:00 in the morning for me right now, so I'm heading out to work. I'll be back at 3:00. Hope to see you :)

Round 1: Marth versus Luigi, I won with Luigi
Round 2: Marth versus Zelda, you won with Marth
Round 3: Marth versus Kirby, I won with Kirby

No?

Hey now, my Zelda fell off on a dumb move too. :) Or my Kirby did. One of those two. There's always just enough lag - even in very brisk games - to throw off timing here and there.

But yes, excellent, excellent games.

Now I'm really anxious.

[quote name='Strell']Hey now, my Zelda fell off on a dumb move too. :) Or my Kirby did. One of those two. There's always just enough lag - even in very brisk games - to throw off timing here and there.

But yes, excellent, excellent games.

Now I'm really anxious.[/quote]

Yeah I hate that, one millisecond is all it takes. I thought it was funny when we would just roll dodge, and then one of us would trip ^_^

Playing with big doods online sucks half the time, because you'll get knocked off and only be at like 20%, but you'll have buffered a move, so you'll do it as you fall down, meaning by the time it ends and you can attempt to recover, you're already dead.

I've had that happen with Bowser and DK way too many times. I'm smashing up+B and Bowser is still breathing fire of something stupid. Blarg.

I don't know how much I like the trip mechanic. I remember when I first noticed it. Then I was playing with a bunch of friends last week and I kept asking "Hey does anyone else ever trip here and there?"

They thought I was crazy.

*looks up Comfort*

Oh wow. Way over there. I recognize a lot of the little towns over there though - Fredricksburg, Boerne. Hill country!

Alright, just finished my matches with zitanix. I ended up winning 2-1.

1st match on Battlefield - Ness(aTOH) > Ganondorf(zitanix)
2nd match on Smashville - Ness(aTOH) < Olimar(zitanix)
3rd match on Smashville? - ROB(aTOH) > Olimar(zitanix)

GGs again, zitanix.

so, in General, how has lag been for you guys?

the first 2 rounds I played were 99.5% lag free, the last round I played against seanr1221 had a little lag, enough in which I had to sort of change my strategy and change which character I'd normally play with.

Also, does anyone know exactly how the online works, is it strictly per to peer? (if I host a game, you connect to me directly, just using nintendo's online as sort of a "meeting place" if you will)

Or are we both connected to nintendo's servers? (like how Xbox live does it)

It's all peer-to-peer. Nintendo's stuff is just for meeting, yeah.

(I believe XBL is all peer-to-peer, with a few exceptions. But I'm not 100% sure on that.)

Tripping, gah, what a curious thing.
It seems random, theres a youtube vid proving that, but there are moves that make you trip, making it seem like there should be something behind the mechanics. Some claim to be tripping in the air.

btw strell, good game earlier today, were you getting a lot of lag?

I really only get lag on matches with more than 2 people, and even then it's entirely playable. Much better than it was a few weeks ago.

So it was pretty good.

Well, I'm out. Good games to everyone I played, especially aTOH. I'll be disappointed if you don't win it all!

bread's done
Back