The OTTcast has broken into the top 20 in Games/Hobbies on iTunes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 days off. 2 days on.
Enslaved is moving at a quick pace. Up to chapter 9 or 10 now. Go through about one chapter a night. Really sad dirth of enemy types though. Combat is lacking too, feels just like button mashing.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']And yet your signature has a quote that encapsules the very same greedy, consumer centric attitude that you deride. [/QUOTE]

That I'll buy almost anything for free? That doesn't smell of greed, I think you misunderstand my sig (that I put when I first joined and haven't gotten around to changing).

Still having pop-ups and re-directs after virus scan and clean. Should I just stop using IE and switch to firefox or chrome?

(Who puts a virus in a file of obscure pianist Marilyn Crispell?)

[quote name='eldergamer']Still having pop-ups and re-directs after virus scan and clean. Should I just stop using IE and switch to firefox or chrome?

(Who puts a virus in a file of obscure pianist Marilyn Crispell?)[/QUOTE]
Did you only do a virus scan? That won't really help you with adware. Download and run Spybot S&D first and see if that fixes your problem.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Spybot is good, Malwarebytes is better.

You might also want to run TDSSkiller from Kaspersky.

Be sure to do all of this in safe mode.[/QUOTE]
I heart Malwarebytes and I would recommend using both, but I had an incident the other day at work that led me to recommend Spybot first in this situation. One of the computers was constantly redirecting traffic and causing pop-ups when the browser was used, so I ran a full Malwarebytes scan and it came up with nothing. The next day I ran a Spybot scan and it found 11 items and removed them all. Most of the stuff was probably just doubleclick tracking cookies and whatnot, but whatever was causing the problem was taken care of by Spybot.

I also recommend disabling auto-restore and running a boot scan with Spybot or the like as well- Otherwise the little nasties have a habit of reinstalling themselves later on.

I did a bootscan with Avast! earlier this week but now they're all back. Little white boxes that pop up down in the lower right corner. They say things based on whatever website I'm at. (One now says "looking for game deals?")

Spybot said it didnt find anything, strangely enough.

[quote name='eldergamer']I did a bootscan with Avast! earlier this week but now they're all back. Little white boxes that pop up down in the lower right corner. They say things based on whatever website I'm at. (One now says "looking for game deals?")

Spybot said it didnt find anything, strangely enough.[/QUOTE]

Try the other things I suggested.

[quote name='temporaryscars']imma go hang out in the board game thread.[/quote]

edit

I'm afraid to go into that thread; could they possibly be having any legitimate conversations about board games?

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']edit

I'm afraid to go into that thread; could they possibly be having any legitimate conversations about board games?[/QUOTE]

Why would conversations about board games be any less legitimate than conversations about video games?

[quote name='Number83']Monopoly is BOSS![/QUOTE]
I'd say more "wicked good," foo. :lol:

My wife picked up Perfection from Target last week. It's not really a typical board game but it's been fun with the kids none the less.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I'd say more "wicked good," foo. :lol:

My wife picked up Perfection from Target last week. It's not really a typical board game but it's been fun with the kids none the less.[/QUOTE]

That's the one where you have 60 seconds to put all the pieces in place? Yeah, my kids loved that one too! When it would pop, but daughter would freak out!

Other notable board games we love: Guess Who?, Sorry, Boggle, Scrabble, Stratego, Battleship, Chess, Yahtzee.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Where in the hell is that dude from Boston who used to post in here?! I haven't seen him in a fortnight.[/QUOTE]

Lordwow? He pops in every now and then.

He's the Former VP of the OTT, under the Budge Administration.

Loves Journey...and rightfully so!

[quote name='Temporaryscars']You guys play lame board games. They're for babies!

Yeah, Lordwow, I miss him![/QUOTE]

I loves me some Candyland and Chutes and Ladders! Havent play them in a millenia.

More like BORED games, lol.

/Jake

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Has Firefox been running like crap lately for anyone else, or is it just me? I think I might be at the point where I switch to Chrome full-time.[/QUOTE]
After 4.0 was released, I avoided updating until I was forced to. The most recent release (13) has been much better than the past iterations for me, but startup time still stinks.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']More like BORED games, lol.

/Jake

After 4.0 was released, I avoided updating until I was forced to. The most recent release (13) has been much better than the past iterations for me, but startup time still stinks.[/QUOTE]

I can't help but agree. Think you'll make the switch?

They make me use IE at work. :dunce:

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Why would conversations about board games be any less legitimate than conversations about video games?[/QUOTE]

I wasn't aware, until I hopped into the thread, that there were sooo many various board games out there. Quite an array I do say.

He posted in the Cagcast thread regularly and I would just argue with him about anything. I think the value of demos and if they were good for gaming was the longest one.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Wasn't jpod another annoying user from Boston?[/QUOTE]

I wonder how many semesters it took before he flunked out of BU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back